Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Realms of the Gods

This is a little story I did for sixth grade E.P.P. (Extended Projects Program)during the Fantasy unit. That was my favorite unit ever! : ) So originally this was 13 pages long, and it still is.

Chapter 5 - The Realms of the Gods

Chapter 5 - The Realms of the Gods


Chapter 3

The Realms of the Gods

When Gainred awoke, he was inside of a cave. It was a bright crystal cave, and naturally, if something is bright, people assume it is safe. That's odd; he thought I don't remember falling asleep or fainting or getting knocked out. How did I wake up if I never was asleep? Well, the angel did say I would get sent out of time, but I didn't think it would be like this.

What had woken him up was an urgent chirruping in his ear. When he turned to find the source of the sound, he saw a dragon-except it wasn't. This dragon was a mixture of colors. It was also fuzzy. Suddenly he remembered, “Hope! He exclaimed. He ran over to his old pet of times past, from when his family was whole. When he glanced around, he saw nothing out of the ordinary except for a tiny white spider, and Faria, still asleep. A thought popped unbidden into his head she's awfully cute while sleeping. He mentally reprimanded himself that's crazy talk.

The cave was a crystal cave, with different colors shining everywhere. The wondrous cave was all illuminated and filled with multicolored light. Faria slept on in the corner of the cave, unaware of the world around her. Suddenly there was a booming voice that filled the entire cave. Startled, Gainred looked around. Now what was unnatural about this cave? Oh yeah, the spider, but spiders can't talk- can they?

“That is where you are wrong, boy. Your companion cannot wake up yet. She is still caught out of time. It will be a while before she wakes up. For now, this is your part of the quest: get the Dragon Stone from the Great Dragon. Do this and your entrance to the Realm of the Gods will be partway finished. Fail, and die.”

“Where do I start looking for this dragon? What does the stone look like?” He was confused, and slightly afraid. There was something else, too, but he couldn't tell what it was. Of course, he wasn't about to let out his emotions to some strange spider.

“You'll know the stone when you see it. You may take one item with you. I'll give you a power. When in dire need, think of the one you met. Start looking in the Barmus Swamp. The Barmus Swamp is a barren wasteland. You'll find the dragon there. I must go now, before I transform shape and try to eat you.”


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment