Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - The Battle

This is a little story I did for sixth grade E.P.P. (Extended Projects Program)during the Fantasy unit. That was my favorite unit ever! : ) So originally this was 13 pages long, and it still is.

Chapter 7 - The Battle

Chapter 7 - The Battle


Chapter 5

The Battle

When Faria regained her senses, she was in a bright cave. A rift in the wall of the cave suddenly opened, and out flew a bunch of the Thlimnocs. Faria raised her forgotten sword to protect herself. There was suddenly a sword point at her back and a voice that said, softly and practiced, “Move and you're dead.”

Faria obeyed and asked “Who are you?”

The response was hesitant “K-Kiata. I was fighting Traa when you came along so I came to see whether you were friend or foe. Oh, those Thlimnocs were just an illusion, used to fool the gullible. We should actually try to defeat Traa together, since `together we stand, divided we fall.'”

So the two girls went together into the rift in the wall, the holographic Thlimnocs completely forgotten.

Once they entered the room, a terrible smell met their noses. It was the worse smell imaginable. The sounds and sights were almost as bad, though. Dead things were floating around the cave, and high pitched bloodcurdling screams. Then the monster appeared. This time Faria was ready for the beast, with her sword held high.

“Kiata, I'll take the right side and you take the left!”

They encircled the foul beast as it lashed out with its claws. Faria looked over to see how her new-found friend was doing. Just as this happened, she saw Traa deeply gash Kiata's leg. Kiata screamed and dropped to the floor, but not until after wounding Traa on the knee. Great, Faria thought now I have to do this on my own. Master Numair sent me on this quest and here I am.

Traa rounded on her, blood dripping from its claws. It sent a mighty blast of wind toward Faria by frantically beating his wings. This knocked Faria down to the ground. Traa used this opportunity to pin her down and poised to kill her. As a last desperate attempt Faria found some unknown power deep inside of her. This time she was not bluffing about blasting an evil creature into a pile of ash. Traa let out a horrific shout and vanished into a puff of smoke.

Faria managed to stand up and let out a triumphant shout before falling into a heap, all of her powers spent.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment