Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five- (it doesn't have a name yet)

Double Take is a fanfiction about the guys who play Harry and Ron in HP and two girls based on my and my friend. (I'm Gem) lol. If I actually finish this story and it turns out ok, I'm gonna send it out to see if I can get it published. tell me what

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five- (it doesn't have a name yet)

Chapter 5 - Chapter Five- (it doesn't have a name yet)




Chapter Five-

“James!” She screamed, choking on her tears. “James! Kyleigh!” Her body was wracked with sobs as she dropped the phone, letting it bounce a few branches down before shattering on the ground at the base of the tree.

Rupert watched, unsure of what to do, as she collapsed against the trunk of the tree, crying and gasping for breath. He extended his arm to her, still unaware of what had happened, and placed his hand on her shoulder.

She spun around and slapped him hard in the face before scrambling to the edge of the hammock.

“Don't touch me!” She screamed, wiping furiously at her eyes. “Don't ever t-touch me!”

Rupert stared in disbelief, clutching his cheek as he watched her disappear from view. He could hear limbs cracking below, shortly followed by a solid thump and the sound of a window opening and slamming shut. There was a crash inside of glass breaking and a shout then muffled arguing.

It had all happened so fast that it took Rupert several seconds to come to and climb down the tree as well. His mind spun with what had just happened and he tossed around ideas of what might have happened to make her so upset. He came to the same conclusion as Gem had and felt that somehow it was his fault. He was still a bit shaken though and figured it would all make sense once the burning handprint on his cheek had died down a bit.

As he reached the ground, he glanced into Gem's window. Through it he could see she and her father standing in the doorway. Gem was still crying and her father was arguing heatedly with her. It looked as though she had woken him up.

Rupert watched for a bit despite the fact that that it was a blatant invasion of privacy and he knew he was out of place. Just as he was about to leave, however, he saw something that almost drew him out of his hiding place in the shadows.

Gem's father had grabbed her by the arms and was squeezing to hard that this knuckles were turning white. She screamed but he hit her hard across the face, throwing her against the wall where she raised her arms to block a second blow and slid down to the floor.

Terrified, Rupert clambered over the stone wall as soon as he was certain Gem had locked the door to her room. He wanted to go make sure she was all right but figured a loud confrontation would anger her father more and it wasn't worth the risk.

Back in her room, Gem lay crumpled on the floor, crying silently into her arm while a small trickle of blood ran down the back of her head.









Chapter Five and a Half



(A/N: This is a little ditty I wrote while working on the end of chapter four because I had nothing better to do with my brain at the time. I think I might have been eating lemonade powder again… it was cold too so maybe it was a rare case of brain frost bite…)



(Another A/N!: Not all of this was written at the same time. A lot of it is random bordness during school and such.)



Preface

Hi, I'm tired. Don't talk to me for a sec. Hold on… Ok, I'm back. It's about exactly 3:16 right now… Three as in the afternoon. Don't ask why I'm still tired… Just don't. It's snowing a bit outside. It's 15 January 2005. And for God's sake there's a bloody song stuck in my head about a little boy who dies! *Cries a bit* Bloody computer… Every time I put the little * * things around things it makes them boldish. I'm sorry, really I am. I'm supposed to be working on the stargazing scene from the end of chapter four right now but I have an ůber bad brain block at the moment and can't. I like that little dealie over the u… heh heh. Å® ů ů ů ů ů ů ů ů. Zoom in! 150%. Yey.

I do hope I'm not keeping you from anything important… (like reading my book because you love it so much X_x) You don't have to read this if you don't want to. Bailey and I just thought it would be fun to write our own little chapter about us. Maybe we'll even get to meet the character's we've made.

Whoa!!!!!!! I just realized that I'm in a book! **laughs manically** (using two stars makes it not bold) You must understand how my brain works to get why this amazes me so much. I've characterified myself and now I can do ANYTHING! **insert echoes here** Watch as the amazing Heatherdini stretches her arm clear around the globe and kidnaps… Oh my gosh I can't believe it! Her arm is returning with none other than the infamous (hold on the announcer has to think of someone hot) Rupert Grint! Am I aloud to put that in here? Am I aloud to talk about famous people or are they copy-writed? Krishna… **thinks real hard**

Alright, well I just decided that I really don't care. Plus, I now have my favourite Rupert Grint ever with me!



Introduction

Part one- in which Heather walks up to Rupert all seductive like and tries her best not to scare him. Part two- in which Rupert scoots away and tries his best to escape. Part three- in which Heather fan-girl-screams and jumps on Rupert. Part three point seven nine- in which Rupert pulls a sledge hammer which doubles as a chainsaw and mushes Heather into a pulp.



I'm sorry Rupert and everyone who took offence at what just happened. I'm sure that he wouldn't do that to me or anyone else. But just wait till you meet me! Haha! Please don't hate me? Rupert's gone now. But I have something better! …Kinda…



The Real Part One

Gem shifted lazily in the black recliner, sipping at a coke in her hand and gazing around the crowded trailer. A small plasma TV sat atop the counter before her and was currently turned off. Make-up lay scattered beside it along with several bags of candy and chips and empty soda cans. Her wardrobe hung at the opposite side of the trailer, each piece of clothing labelled for which scene they were to be worn. A script lay on the table next to Gem and she glanced at it occasionally, repeating the words to herself.

Suddenly, the trailer door opened and Rupert and Heather stepped in. Rupert looked slightly scared of Heather as he trailed behind her, watching as she jumped in front of Gem and bent close to the actress's face. There was silence as she lifted a hand and swiftly poked Gem in the eye.

“Crap!” Gem cursed under her breath, throwing a hand across her face.

Heather on the other hand (you have five fingers) was jumping up and down and giggling maniacally. “You're real too!” She screamed, dancing about the trailer.

“Have they got a leash for her or should I file a restraining order?” Gem grumbled in annoyance as Rupert grabbed a squirming Heather carefully by the shoulders and placed her in a chair.

“She's the script write. We can't do that.” He said irritably.

“Ooh!” Heather squealed, jumping out of her seat and hopping over to the table beside Gem. The actress cringed and scooted her chair back against the wall. “A script! Fun times!”

Snatching the stack of papers off the table, she began to read. Halfway through the second page, she stopped. “Oh my Krishna!” she gasped, dropping the script to the floor and throwing the back of her hand dramatically across her forehead.

Rupert and Gem looked at her uncertainly. (A/N: Psst! I'm in careers class right now! Shane says “Hi. Why'd you make me say hi? Me: Because!) Rupert stepped away from her nervously. (A/N: Ashley says “pizza's good”. Me: Do I scare you? Ashley: *walks away*)

“What's that?!” She demanded, jabbing a finger at the papers splayed across the floor.

Gem bent to pick up the mess. “You wrote it, Heather. I have no clue.”

Heather pondered this, pulling obviously at her chin and looking at the ceiling. “Ok.” She smiled, clasping her hands together and bouncing over to Rupert who had almost made it to the safety of the door.

“You know? I think the story needs a new character.” She grinned, looking maliciously between the two actors. “We need someone new to spice things up. You know. A gorgeous red head with dazzling blue eyes and striking features. She'd be cute and shy and a certain other red head named Rupert Grint would fall deeply in and madly love with her and he'd dump Gemini.” She paused, thinking happily with her eyes closed. “And they'd live happily ever after. The end!”

There was silence as the two rounded on Heather.

“No, Heather, that's stupid.” Rupert said, talking to her like she was a small child and placing his hands on her shoulders. She smiled happily as though he was encouraging the idea. “I won't do it. It's not like my character to act like that and it won't sell. I'm sticking to the original script.”

“No.”

“Why?”

“I don't like the original script!”

“You wrote the original script!”

“Stupid.”

“Heather?”

“What?”

“Shut up now.”



Part Two

Location: in school

Time: 2:41, the last period of the day

The class is noisy, rustling papers and talking to friends and looking up inappropriate words in the Health text.

3 minutes… Bell rang! It's 2:56 now. I'm outside and cold. I have a headache. Emily just ran up, told me not to look at her boobs then ran off. The cement is making my butt cold. Anyone standing above me can see down my shirt.

St. Valentine's Day is coming soon. On Monday. My boyfriend dumped me. On last Friday. I want him back. He's awesome. The best. My butt's still cold.



Part Three- Give Me Thine Sandwich

Heather: Give me that sandwich right now!

Bailey: Take a flying leap. This is mine!

Heather: Aw come on. I'm hungry! Just give me a bite?

Bailey: Well I'm hungry too and if you want to die then ask me again.

Heather: (thinks) …Look! John Lennon!

Bailey: (spins around wildly) Where?! Bloody. He's dead!

Heather: Ha ha, got your… hamster? Why do I have your hamster?

Bailey: Because you're drunk Heather.

Heather: No I'm not. I'm hungry. Please sir?

Bailey: (stands to leave) Why are you calling me sir? I'm gonna go it over there. Ta ra.

Heather: (appears suddenly at new table) Hello!

Bailey: Gah! You're back! Krishna… No sandwich for you!

Heather: But you love me and wouldn't want me to die.

Bailey: Wanna bet? Here's a hundred bucks. Buy a pizza or candy cane or something…

Heather: But I want a sandwich.

Bailey: Then buy a bloody sandwich!

Heather: No.

Bailey: Why?

Heather: …Because… Your head's on fire!

Bailey: Liar.

Heather: Fudge.

Bailey: (worried) You should go to a therapist.

Heather: (happily) They have a restraining order.

Bailey: (more worried) Should you be on medication then?

Heather: Sandwich is medi-

Bailey: No.

Heather: Aw… Can I have it anyways?

Bailey: Why do you want my sandwich so bad?!

Heather: …Because it controls my mind. See? I'm drooling.

Bailey: The sandwich made you drool?

Heather: …No…

Bailey: Don't you have a cat to molest?

Heather: Not till 3:10. Can I have the sandwich now?

Bailey: Will you promise to go away?

Heather: …Yes…

Bailey: Here you go.

Heather: (chews sandwich) Yay!

Bailey: Why are you still here?

Heather: (really close to Bailey's face) Because the hamster has my wallet.

Hamster: (steadily consumes contents of wallet)





*Announcer Voice* You are now re-entering Chapter Five! Hope you had a good time! Please fly Deltuh Atmosphere again! You may retrieve any baggage we might have broken at the fun spiny around thing with a little door at the end that has straps of stuff handing down like curtains like bead curtains but not all hippy like they're leatherish instead but they do a neat bead curtain kinda thing when your bag comes out the little door onto the shiny metal conveyer belt that belt thing that has all the bags on it… you can pick up your bag there!



***



Sunlight streamed into the room, cascading over the windowsill and onto the floor at the foot of the bed. Slowly, it crept its way to the small figure lying against the wall. She stirred slightly as the golden beams fell across her face and rolled over onto her back. As the coolness from the night before began to ebb away, the memories of what had happened all spilled back in.

Gem sat up stiffly, pain shooting from the back of her head and face and resounding off the bruises on her arms. She bit her lip and lifted herself into a sitting position. Her head spun and screamed with pain as she coaxed herself over to the comfort of her bed. She had hoped that it was just a bad dream; the phone call, the voices on the other line, the frame holding the picture of her mother shattering as her father pitched it at her, and the fight. Touching lightly at the back of her scalp she found her hair matted with blood and sunk down onto her mattress realizing that the nightmare had been real.

And she remembered hitting Rupert. Her stomach clenched as she realized what she'd done. She couldn't remember exactly what she'd said to him but could remember feeling the sting in her hand as it lashed across his face. Cringing, she looked over at his window only to find it dark inside with the blinds shut. She prayed he'd forgive her.

Beyond her door, she could hear a timer go off in the kitchen.

There were footsteps in the hall. “Gemini,” her father's voice called. “Breakfast's ready!”

She walked nervously over to the door, opening it and stepping slowly into the hall. Her father was standing in the doorway to the kitchen and holding a plate full of freshly made bacon in his hands.

Hesitantly, Gem walked into the dining room and sat down. Her father set the plate, along with two bowls of cereal on the table and took the seat opposite her.

“I'm sorry for hitting you last night. I-I don't know what I was thinking. It won't happen again.” He promised, taking a bite out of a piece of bacon.

Gem nibbled the crispy parts of her bacon and ate a spoonful of cereal. “Ok.” She nodded, not removing her eyes from the table. “I guess I'm sorry for waking you up then…”

Inside, she knew that his apologizing had fixed nothing, the bruises on her arms would not go away now, but she decided that voicing this and angering him probably wasn't the best idea.

Breakfast was finished quickly and Gem hurried back to her room. The curtains were still closed to Rupert's room but a light was now on behind them. She though briefly about going over to talk to him but picked up the phone to call Maui instead.

Dialing the number, she lifted the receiver to her ear and listened to it ring. “Hi,” she said as someone picked up. “Is Maui there?”

“Yes.” The voice said simply.

Gem waited before she spoke again. “Can I talk to her?”

“Yes… This is her.”

“Nice, Maui.” She laughed, dropping onto her bed.

“What's up?”

“Not much.” Gem debated telling her about what had happened then decided against it. “I'm just bored. Are you doing anything later?”

Maui thought. “Not that I know of, just hanging out in my room”

“Same here. Do you want to come over to my house?”

“Yeah. That sounds fun.”

Curling up on her bed, Gem looked at the clock. “Can you come over now?”

“Sure thing. I'll be right there!” Maui said, hanging up.

Laughing, Gem set the phone back on its charger. “Shortest conversation I've ever had.”

She knew if would be a while before Maui arrived and decided to scan the room for something to occupy herself with to pass the time. Her eyes roved across the clutter that lined her room from the vanity beside her to her photography supplies and finally to the pile of shattered glass beside the door. Large and small shards littered the blue shag carpet, the larger pieces reflecting glimmers of the morning sun onto the dark walls and the smaller ones disappearing into the forest of bristly carpet.

Gem stood and strode over to the pile, walking lightly so as not to embed any stray pieces into feet. Upon reaching the spot, Gem knelt carefully and began excavating shards from the long, camouflaging carpet. Working slowly, she managed to obtain a decently sized heap in her hand by the time she stood to retrieve a garbage can. The pieces made an eerie echoing sound as they hit the bottom of the metal can, some breaking into even smaller pieces.

The white back of a picture lay half hidden below the silver frame, sheltering the remaining bits of glass. Gem picked the picture up carefully and shook it off. It seemed to be unharmed save for a small fold in the corner, which she quickly flattened out. From behind the glossy covering the peaceful face of her mother smiled up at her daughter. A fire was lit beside her in the background, setting a warm glow to an otherwise dark picture. Her hair was pulled back with a ribbon and her eyes caught and mirrored the flames the licked the hearth. The dress she wore was a deep navy blue, her favourite colour, and her fair skin looked even more pale compared to it.



Double Take











3







Don't hate me because I'm beautiful *strikes pose *






Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Spugg on June 23, 2005, 7:54:32 PM

Spugg on
SpuggCom onnnnn, write more! Im getting impatient *taps foot*

Cheese doodles.

Inciteful, no?

Spugg on June 14, 2005, 7:59:01 AM

Spugg on
SpuggI love this "book" thingo. Your so entertaining XD You remind me of me... Crayons taste like purple!