Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Sunrise to Sundown

got the idea for this while I was listening to a band called Mortal Treason, the song title was Best Case Scenario...it's an instrumental intro to the song Worst Case Scenario, listen to them they're very good songs, either way if you listen to the song while reading I think it just sounds better, the CD is called Sunrise Over A Sea Of Blood, which I sort of play upon in the piece. I don't think it's the most well written thing ever but I liked it. Twas for my Writers Craft Class, woot for school!!T_T

Chapter 1 - Sunrise to Sundown

Chapter 1 - Sunrise to Sundown
A man lies bloodied and broken on a rivers edge, his eyes lost in murky waters, searching desperately for a reflection; he recalls memories of his life. Ones filled with so much death, but at the same time, so much life. Visions of a terrible tragedy fill his mind. The sun stretches through space, cuddling him in its warm embrace, and then nothing. As swiftly as it had come, it had left, the sun shattered into pieces, leaving him cold and alone. Everyone around him, happy and carefree, a sun to hold and love, all were insects under the foot of an uncontrollable force, flowers doomed to perish after having only a brief taste of life. Jealousy overwhelmed him and began to take over. With tears in his eyes he lit a match and burned the field of beauty he so envied, but no matter how much was burned and how many flowers died, more took their place. He had burned so much beauty, his hands were charred,blinking once, he pictures himself on a throne made of fire, and built on a mountain of bodies, blinking once again he returns to the sea of ever growing flowers. His visions end and he wonders how things filled with so much beauty could be filled with just as much violence, it didn’t matter he deserved what he had been dealt. Finally the murk he stares deep into dissipates, the water is finally clear, his reflection stares back at him from the river Styx.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment