Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - SpiritUs 2004 Trip

Stories of what happened to me while I was in the 7th grade. (Their really just reports I had to do, but stories nontheless.)

Chapter 1 - SpiritUs 2004 Trip

Chapter 1 - SpiritUs 2004 Trip
My trip to Spirit Us
2004
by: Gojak Inucrawler
5 stars out of 5 stars
for this trip.


        Since I'm the youngest of my Youth group, this was my first time to Spirit Us down at Fort Caswell. For some time before we left, the Youth told me that Spirit Us would be a lot of fun. I was afraid that the hurricane would cause them to evacuate us from Fort Caswell. It's a good thing that they didn't do so.
        Most people who aren't in a Youth group would think that Spiritus is nothing but some youth going to praise God for hours and hours for three long days. Well it's not! Every year, it takes place at Fort Caswell on the island between Oak Island and Bald Head Island. As always, a famous reverend who travels a lot comes over to hang out with all of the Youth groups that come to Spiritus. This year, it was Rev. Andy Lambert who came, and I'll tell you he was so cool and so funny when he performed for the skits they did. The next funny guys were known as ``The Skit Guys''. Then at the middle of every rally, David Burke (the speaker) spoke to us about God, Jonah and the Big Fish, saying that God will never turn his back on us, and added some funny comments in the about some of the people in the front audience. Throughout the time we were there, they put on a play called Angelic Guardian. On the last performance on Saturday night, they had a huge fountain see through cross, which brings up the greatest event of the trip. Everyone went up either to the stage or on stage to pray to God and everyone cried to the point where bugers came out their noses or they remembered how Christ gave his life to save us from our sins.
        While we were going to Spirit Us, our van lost the tread on its tire, we pulled over and lost the keys, and the engine broke, but we managed to fix the van and find the keys. After a while, a metal rod got bent, so we had to get some people at a gas station to saw it off. Later when we got back on the road, my guy friends Jamie and Jordan held up a sign in the window that said ``Honk if you love Jesus!'' in hopes of getting people to honk their horns. But unfortunately, no one did, so they used the ``honking horn action'' where they moved their hands as if honking a truck horn. While all this was happening, we listened to various songs from different bands when we hooked the speakers up.
        After we arrived, everyone went nuts! Jordan dyed his hair blue and went around asking for hugs. Later on, he and one of our guys named Ryan started whipping all the guys with towels. When it was time for Jordan to get whipped by my good friend Andrew, who happens to be the strongest of everyone in my Youth, Jordan said it didn't hurt. I myself went a little crazy when in the middle of the night, I fell off my bunk ladder and landed on my back. It didn't hurt me, but I woke several people up on the first floor, which by the way my group was above. I woke my youth leader, Tammy, up when I fell. I thought it was funny when she asked if I was okay, I told her that I was, but all I needed were my glasses. When we found them, I got dressed and went outside to walk the track a 6:30a.m. with Andrew. When we got done, I was surprised to find out that we walked about two miles! When I told everyone about my ``trip in the night'', they were very worried about me because they told me that the floor was very hard if you landed on it. But I was half asleep when I fell, so it didn't hurt me as bad as it would. My friends, Jeanne, Emma, and I went to this Caf`e that had internet connection. So after we got our drinks, we searched for pictures of ``stupid people''. As we walked out, Jamie, Mitch, and Andrew asked us if we wanted to go in one of the forts, and so we followed them. We went into this one room where it was so dark, that we couldn't see the back of it. We had to grab on each other and feel along the walls to see where we were going.
        On the day we had to leave, Jordan was making David (Jeanne's brother) hit himself by grabbing his hands and hitting him with them. When we were loaded up, we had someone take group pictures of us. We had two vans; one for the morning group and one for the afternoon group. Jeanne, David, Ryan, Jamie, and I were on the first van and Andrew and Emma rode on the other. Jamie and I got bored, so we listened to a South Park CD. David knew what we were listening to, so he tried to get us in trouble, but as usual, no one could hear him. Ryan made it more pleasurable by mooning Andrew out the window. Jeanne tried to look away by looking out the window, but Andrew mooned us back. Jamie got a picture of their butts with Jordan's camera. The only thing left after that was their butt cheeks on the windows.
        The only down points of the trip were the early breakfasts, the van breaking down, and the fact that I had to leave at 6:30 a.m. to get there. They weren't as bad as to what to happened at Spirit Us. Someone stole about $ 200.00 in cash from different people. I think that was the worst part of the trip.
        My conclusion to this review is that it was so fun and cool, that I'm going again next year! I would highly recommend this trip to people from 5th grade and up. But they have this rule that you must be in the 6th grade and over to go, which I think that stinks. In all, this trip's about something more than looking for a good time at the beach. It's more about friendship, love, and spiritually learning to trust God. This was a great trip, and I hope to see you there!


(There's a bunch of crap that I left out, just so you'll know . . .)
        



Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment