Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Jungle Cat Zoo Trip 2004

Stories of what happened to me while I was in the 7th grade. (Their really just reports I had to do, but stories nontheless.)

Chapter 2 - Jungle Cat Zoo Trip 2004

Chapter 2 - Jungle Cat Zoo Trip 2004
        Gojak Inucrawler
        7th/ McAdams
        09/30/04

My Trip to the Zoo with the Jungle Cats

                                
        As I got off the bus at the zoo, I knew that it would be quite an unusual trip. The people in my group were the main cause for this, as they made me laugh the whole time we were there. The scenery and the animals with their beauty also added to the feeling of adventure.
        Once we walked through the entrance to the North American section of the zoo, we made our way towards the Grizzly Bear exhibit. When we passed the Australian Walkabout, there was a small hole where we could peak in to see the kangaroos. RJ and Dustin said that one of the kangaroos looked like a person while it was laying down, so we waited on them to take a picture of it. Once they were done and we continued our walk, we heard an eerie sound from the prairie. We discovered that it was the mating call of the male elk. It lasted about thirty seconds, and sounded like an air horn.
        When we finally reached the Grizzly Bear exhibit, we all gazed at the bear's sharp claws. It made me wonder if the bears used their claws to pick their noses!
        After we took the tram back to the entrance of North America, we made our way down to the Cypress Swamp to see the alligators. We passed by a statue of a cougar on a rock, and we had to have our picture taken with it. Unfortunately, by the time we all got in the picture, the statue was hidden.
        As soon as everyone got back to the entrance, the teachers led the groups to the picnic area for lunch. As we ate our lunch, we were constantly aware of a flock of geese that were waiting for our crumbs. People kept throwing food at them and chasing them back into the water. I felt sorry for the geese.
        After lunch, we loaded up on the buses, and headed towards the entrance to the Africa section of the zoo. My group visited the gift shop before heading off to visit the animals. Some of the items in the gift shop were expensive, but I managed to buy a necklace for Brianna and one for myself.
        We started looking around at the exhibits, when RJ got a thorn in his finger. At the same time, Dustin started climbing on the rocks of the gorilla exhibit. Brianna, my mom and I managed to work the thorn out of R. J.'s finger. It was I that managed to get the thorn out. When I looked at it more closely, it was almost a centimeter long!
        We were nearing the end of our trip when we reached my favorite exhibit of the zoo.....the lions! Lions are my favorite animal, so you can imagine how thrilled I was when I saw the two new cubs sleeping next to their mother. When I read the information located at the exhibit, I learned that the cubs were both females.
        At the end of our trip, we were tired and hot, so we took the tram back to the entrance to meet the rest of our class. Once everyone arrived, and we did some last minute shopping, our teachers headed us back onto the buses for the trip home.
        This was the best school field trip that I have been on. It's too bad that we can only take two trips this year. If I had this much fun on our first field trip, imagine how much fun I'll have on the next one!                  

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment