Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

An article I've made about a common question- Does Religion wrongly-judge animes? Is it walking on touchy grounds? I'll Investigate this in my newest article.

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled


A common investigation that circles around the Anime industry is this: Does religion wrongly-judge anime? Though I can't give any correct answers to this, I have pursued it, and have dug up several factoids that sorta answer this question. Keep in mind that this is not a `screw religion and support all else' document, and thus I won't use overly-biased words or terms.



Everyday, wherever there's an anime fan, there's an anti-otaku somewhere close. If it isn't already obvious, a large number of those anti-otakus hate anime-based concepts are pretty religious, and dislike the fact that many animes deviate from their beliefs.



Just the other day, I was on a Christian anime forum site, and I noticed something I didn't agree with: the admins of the forums had banned any and all discussion of the popular anime/manga `Neon Genesis Evangelion' because it used Christian and Jewish concepts in incorrect ways. An example of this is how the primary enemies, known as the `Angels', went under the names of characters from a certain Jewish bible, but served totally different purposes.



Personally, I believe that anime/manga is simply made-up, and that it shouldn't be `offensive' to super-religious individuals. I mean, manga is pen and paper, and life is humans and the living world around them. Besides, it's not like anime was made to spit on god and disregard him like a paper cup- it was made to entertain different people of different kinds.



Respectively, I'd like to say that those who judge an anime by its religious influence overreact. They don't need to be offended by it or not support it. Notice how there are super-religious people out there who love watching anime, if not refraining from letting it bother them. These are the real religists (my own word), the ones who simply believe in what they support, and not letting anything offend them about it.

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kurisu_yoi on December 9, 2004, 9:19:48 AM

kurisu_yoi on
kurisu_yoiI agree with a lot of what u say. Being a Christian myself I know why anime bothers a lot of christians. It's because there's a lot of anti-Christ stuff (devil stuff) in the shows (ie: the encircled star).

But i really admire the fact that u put up this article. I really must say i enjoyed reading it.

necromancer_boy on November 13, 2004, 12:22:39 PM

necromancer_boy on
necromancer_boyyou're brilliant. i mean, this has to be the best article i've ever read. EVER. you, fellow writer, have a future in journalism.