Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - This is the only chapter!

This was for a school project and I got an A so I think it should be okay ^^ enjoy it's supposed to be scary but I guess that's my opinion. It kind of gave me the chills now that I read it again but yeah

Chapter 1 - This is the only chapter!

Chapter 1 - This is the only chapter!
Kathy sat as still as possible. Her back was straight, shoulders back, and heels down. Her brownish-reddish hair swung freely over her shoulder underneath her black helmet. Kathy finally looked up her eyes meeting with a man. He was professionally dressed and didn’t look at all pleased. With a nod of his head she left the ring with a small kick.
As soon as she left the ring she let out a small sigh. “What a hectic day,” groaned Kathy. “Tell me about it,” said her best friend Jill. She was sitting on a beautiful horse with a mouse gray fur. Her horses name was Stratus. “ I thought Cirrus was going to faint out there,” giggled Jill. “ Hey!” grinned Kathy, “I would like to see your horse in his first Dressage show.” Jill smiled then looked over Kathy’s shoulder.
A handsome boy came over on his horse and said “ Well I think you did well.” “Phil you saw m horse stumble and mess up. I don’t think either one of us where ready.” He just smiled and carefully got off his horse. Jill also got off and waved goodbye and said, “ I have to go and load Stratus into our trailer. She doesn’t want to stay any longer.” As if to agree Stratus flicked his head up and down.
Kathy stifled a laugh and got off her. It was time to go brush her off. She removed the saddle and its blanket at the same time. With that done she could go and find the brushes. “Ok now where did I put…” She stopped mid sentence. There was something or someone watching her. She turned around and was meet face to face with a majestic black horse. She wanted to run but she felt as if her legs were glued to the wall. She closed her eyes and huddled against the wall.
After a few minutes she opened her eyes and looked around. She gulped and got up shakily grooming supplies in hand. “ What was that?” She thought that over and over again in her head. She almost bumped into her horse. Cirrus flung his head to the side and snorted. Kathy smiled and takes out a sweat brush and a curry comb. She starts working on brushing her horse. What a strange thing to imagine.
As soon as she was done she called her mom to come pick her and Cirrus up. As soon as she hung up she turned around in surprise to see a young girl clutching her teddy bear. Her eyes were big and blue. Her face a little pudgy and tearstained. The little girl was wearing a pair of pajamas that were way too big for her. “ Are you lost little girl?” asked Kathy. The little girl just stared at her in till a scream came from somewhere.
The little girl turned her head and looked off. Then she looked back at Kathy. “Where you going?” cried Kathy as the little girl ran off. She couldn’t let her go by herself! With some unknown courage Kathy ran after her. Kathy ran into a huge concrete wall with only a small opening that looked like a dog door. “ Should I go though?” she thought, “ what’s down …” Her thoughts were interrupted by another scream that sounded like a little girls. She pounded her fists against the wall and then stared at the little opening. Just as she was about to crawl through she felt a hand on her shoulder.
Kathy jumped and looked behind her. “ Are you alright ,” asked Phil. Kathy let out a sigh of relief and smiled. “ I think so,” sighed Kathy. “ Well then the owner of this place said we could stay over for three nights starting tomorrow!” notified Phil. What a great opportunity to try and study this place a little more. “ Sure I’d love to I’ll ask my mom tonight.” “ Great” yelled Phil as he hurried off.
“Sure,” said Kathy’s mom. Kathy smiled as she picked up the phone. The phone rung and rung in till, “hello?” “ Hello this is Kathy is Jill there?” “Yeah, this is her,” crackled the voice. “Did you hear about the overnights at the place we showed?” Kathy screeched. “ No, but I would love to go!” After a few burbles on the other end an excited voice answered “Yes! Isn’t it awesome! See you there.” cried Jill. A buzzing sound was heard and Kathy hung up. “ Ok, mom Jill is going.” yelled Kathy. Kathy’s mom smiled and shouted as Kathy ran up the stairs, “ Don’t forget to pack your toothbrush!” “ Mom!” cried Kathy. Kathy stuck out her tongue and laughed. Her mom sometimes acted as if she were still a six-year-old.
When she got there by herself she looked around as if she were expecting to see the little girl in the crowd. “ Hey” cried an unfriendly voice. Kathy turned around and sighed. Susan! Why did it have to be her! ‘ Did you hear the rumor about this place?” snickered Susan. This instantly caught her attention. “Rumor?” asked Kathy, “What Rumor?” She could tell this pleased Susan very much but at this point she didn’t care.
“ Well they say that there used to be a house here and one day a serial killer snuck in and killed the entire family. In an effort to hide the little girl, teenage boy, the mom, and the father the killer pulled up the floorboards. He also pulled part of the wall off and stuffed them. The killer thought he was done. He was wrong he still had something else to deal with. A huge black horse crashed through the door and reared up announcing his arrival. The killer had just roughly put the floor and wall down again. This is where the horse reared up again and brought its powerful hooves back down on to the killers head. The killer fell down and started to die. The horse at first stood over the hole were his family had been buried. Then with a sudden change of heart the horse picked up the killer and put him on some rotten floorboards.” explained Susan who then paused as if trying to remember the rest.
“Ok,” snickered Susan. “ This is where the horse made its mistake. He had also put his two front hooves on the rotting floorboards. The man plummeted through before the horse let a frantic whinny before also plunging down into the darkness landing on top of the man killing him the rest of the way. The horse tried to climb out but couldn’t. In the end the horse died down there and haunts this place with his family.” said Susan, “ It is also said that every year on the anniversary of their deaths they come up and possess one of the unlucky people staying overnight and tomorrow is that night.”
Kathy nodded and continued to stare expectantly at her. “Hey freak,” snickered Susan, “ that’s the end of the story!” With that said she walked off giggling at her last comment. Kathy rolled her eyes and got up to find her friends. She was so concentrated on her thoughts that she actually crashed into Jill. “Offh” cried Jill as Kathy knocked her off her feet. “ Oh, sorry Jill just lost in thought” apologized Kathy as she helped her up. “Thanks I didn’t need that.” sarcastically said Jill. Kathy laughed and then asked “Where’s Phil?”
Jill gave her a knowing glance. “ Hey what’s that supposed to mean?” asked Kathy. “Oh, nothing,” said Jill in a wistful voice. Kathy rolled her eyes and finally said, “Hey, you know that huge truck that came around and picked up all our horses?” asked Kathy. “Yeah” replied Jill looking a different direction. “ When do you think it will be here?” pondered Kathy. Jill smiled and said “now.” Kathy twirled herself around to see a huge truck barreling in.
Kathy smiled and with many other eager kids ran over to greet there horses. Kathy stopped and motioned for Jill to come with. Jill rolled her eyes and followed at her own pace. Kathy got there and waited patiently for her own horse. After a few horses, out popped a familiar face. “Cirrus” cried Kathy. Cirrus flicked his head up and down almost making the guy holding him release.
“ Hey kids,” yelled the man, “ stop exciting the horses!” Cirrus turned his head and snorted in the mans face. “ Hey Cirrus is showing his disapproval.” laughed a voice. “Phil,” cried a delighted Kathy. Phil smiled as Kathy went over to get her excited horse then waited while Phil got his calm horse. “So now to the stables!” declared Phil. Kathy smiled and followed Phil to the stables. “There you go Cirrus,” soothed Kathy. Phil had already left to go set up his sleeping area.
Kathy left Cirrus’s stall and started to leave. When out of the corner of her eye she saw the little girl with something new. There was blood staining her pajamas and there was a huge gash in her neck. The gash was so deep no one could of survived it. Kathy flung herself around but the little girl had disappeared.
Kathy gasped, she couldn’t wait much longer. She had to find out soon. “Calm down,” thought Kathy, “It’s almost night time.” She walked towards the spot where the little girl had been. A puddle of blood lay on the floor where the little girl had been standing.
“Ok,” she said out loud. “Its time to go.” It was near midnight and everyone was asleep. Kathy got up quietly and walked towards the door that led to the brushing stalls. She stopped and turned to see Phil standing there. “ Where do you think your going?” demanded Phil. Kathy thought quickly. “To go calm down, Cirrus. He’s been making a lot of noise.” lied Kathy.
Phil’s expression changed. “Really?” asked Phil. “I thought that was my horse, Midnight.” “Well if you think it’s Midnight then go ahead.” Kathy smiled trying not to show her desperation. Phil flipped his golden-brown hair to listen to the latest call of nervousness. “ Yeah that sounds like your horse.” laughed Kathy. Phil turned his head to give her a look of exasperation before running off.
“Phew, I thought he’d never leave,” thought Kathy. Kathy looked around before running to the cement wall. As soon as she felt the rough structure she crouched down and turned on her flashlight. She looked inside and saw many cobwebs and spider webs. She felt reluctant to go in but then she heard footsteps. “How embarrassing it would be if Phil found her like this!”
Kathy had to make a quick decision. Her decision was to push herself in and see where it goes. With her back legs in a dog-like position she waddled in. She stifled a sneeze as she crashed into a cobweb. After a while of crawling she felt a staircase in front of her. She slowly descended them and reached a cabin-like place.
Kathy squinted her eyes and looked around. She knelt down to feel the floor. It felt like it had never known the warmth of a sunny day. She delicately got up and slowly walked around She noticed a huge hole and she felt the temptation to look down. With a swift look to the sides she peered down.
In an instant she recoiled gasping for breath. “ What a horrible sight!” she thought. She put her head in her hands and started to cry. In the hole lay the carcass of a horse on top of a man. It wasn’t the smell that got her (though it was bad.) It was the sight of the dead horse that looked like it had been starved to death. It was the black horse she saw.
She could of stayed there and kept crying but a noise disturbed her. “You sad?” asked someone. Kathy looked up but before she could reply a voice by her said, “yeah.” Kathy jumped and turned to see the little girl. Her face tear-stained. The voice belonged to a teenage boy, wearing a black shirt with a skull on it, blue jeans, and light brown hair.
The little girl stood up and took his hand. “It’s time for dinner, come on” said the teenage boy in a gentle tone. “ Ok, Josh” answered the little girl. They headed into the other room. Kathy stood up and instead of following she hesitated. As soon as she considered going with them she heard a scream.
She gulped and ran up the stairs with screams of pain and agony seeming to follow her. When she finally reached the top she stopped her desperate climb and sat down. Her breath coming out in ragged gasps. “ Kathy?” cried an alarmed voice. Kathy sat still and turned off her flashlight. “What would Phil think of her if he found her in here?” rapidly thought Kathy. The noise died away hours later. Kathy sat for a few minutes before starting to crawl out. As soon as she was out she collapsed by the hole and fell asleep.
“Kathy? Kathy!” yelled a voice .Kathy’s eyes flew open. A blurry figure crouched over her. She let out a scream before realizing who it was. “Phil?” cried Kathy. “Why are you sleeping here?” inquired Phil. His eyes were wide. Oh, no reason.” lied Kathy as she rubbed her eyes, “Why?” Phil gave her a doubtful look. “What time is it?” wondered Kathy out loud. “ Its about 9:00p.m.” Kathy smiled and then stretched. “Well if you don’t mind” motioned Kathy. Phil nodded his head and left.
Kathy took a good look around before climbing into the hole. Just as she climbed in she felt something like a cold rush of air. Kathy shivered but thought nothing of it. As she neared the stair she heard a voice. “Kathy, I know your there. Tonight is a glorious night. Your probably wondering who I am.” Kathy looked around. There was nothing there.
A guy rounded the corner and appeared. “ It’s me Josh,” informed Josh, “You know the teenager from before.” Kathy froze and stared at the spectral. “What no questions?” smirked Josh. “ T…th…that hors…horse f…from b…before,” stuttered Kathy, “ what’s h…his n…na… name?” Josh stared sadly at the hole. “ Oh, poor Black King, “ mumbled Josh. His eyes trailed back to her. “He died trying to protect us.” recalled Josh.
“You know it wasn’t in till a few years ago, that we figured out how to…” Josh paused an evil glint in his eye, “possess people forever!” He had let the last word slide out slowly. “ Tonight,” laughed Josh “Is my sisters night.” Kathy gasped. She had to go save whoever that was! “Hey, Black King.” called Josh. IN an instant a black majestic horse galloped in.
He stopped upon seeing Kathy. “I’ve seen you before!” exclaimed Kathy. Black King walked forward slowly and flicked his head up and down. Once he was right in front of Kathy he lifted his hoof up. Kathy put her hand out as if to touch the hoof. Her hand went right through it. She screamed remembering that this was a ghost. This horse was no longer alive.
Kathy got up her legs shaking. I apologize but I must go,” Kathy bowed, turned, and ran up the stairs. “Wait” cried Josh. Kathy was definitely not going to wait. “Phil!” cried Kathy as soon as she emerged, “Phil!” Phil came running. “What’s wrong ?” He gasped.
Kathy ran over to him crying out her whole story. When she was done, she studied his expression. His expression was stony. “Why?” He said “Why didn’t you tell me before?” Kathy dragged her gaze away. “Well lets remember that there are few kids. There are only ten girls and five boys,” his voice sounded strong, “and you said girl right?”
Kathy looked back up and replied “yeah.” “Then we must gather them all and I guess try to figure out who is possessed.” An amused glint appeared in his eyes. Kathy let out a sigh of relief. The tension was over but the obstacle that lay ahead was vast.
The rest of the night passed by quickly. Kathy was up and with Phil went around. Meanwhile Jill had just woken up. She decided to go get breakfast. When a sudden painful and powerful force hit her. She gasped for breath before falling down into darkness.
Kathy motioned at Phil they had checked 8 of the 10 girls. All that were left were Susan and Jill. “ Do you really think it’s Jill?” asked an uncertain Kathy. “Did you see the way she couldn’t figure out who her own horse was or how to ride?” implied Phil. Kathy simply nodded. Phil gave her an impatient look before saying, “How about this, we try Susan first.” Kathy nodded enthusiastically.
After checking out Susan and figuring out it was defiantly not her. “Ok, so saying it is Jill,” asked Kathy while twiddling with her thumbs, “how do we get her out.?” Phil gave her an excited look. “With me!” said a simple voice as a strange woman appeared out of the shadows. “My name is Gonc.” she introduced herself, “I have learned ancient practices to get spirits out and away from them.
“That’s it!” exclaimed Kathy. “That’s right” said Gonc. “Ok, then lets go,” laughed Phil, “We have a possessed friend to catch.” Kathy couldn’t totally share his enthusiasm. She had been expecting more. “Ok, I guess lets hope its Jill,” hissed Kathy. Phil looked at her rolled his eyes and continued to walk.
Jill was fast asleep as Phil and Kathy snuck up on her. When they were a mouse-length away they both jumped her. After a few minutes of tussling they were able to pin Jill down. “Gonc,” called out Phil. She came in slowly murmuring words before she touched Jill right on the place her heart would be. “Be gone!” called out Gonc. With that said her hand went through the skin as if it were quicksand.
Jill let out a unhuman bloodcurdling scream. With a mighty heave the spirit was out. “I banish thee and thee’s family!” screeched the old lady her wild gray hair sticking out everywhere. With that done, the little girl disappeared only leaving a small pool of blood on the ground. Jill fell into a deep sleep giving Phil and Kathy a chance to rest their tired arms. The gave each other a triumphant look before hugging and running outside. The sun shone brightly on Kathy’s face this was going to be a wonderful day!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment