Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Shopping!

We all know of Starfire's big sister, Blackfire, but have you ever wondered about Raven? Ebony, Raven's little sister, comes it visit, but then Blackfire escapes from jail. Could Ebony have something to do with it?

Chapter 2 - Shopping!

Chapter 2 - Shopping!


~*Chapter 2*~

        Beast Boy stood at the stove that night with a giant pot in front of him and a wooden spoon in his hand. It was his turn to cook dinner, but it would be Raven's turn to do dishes. Ebony watched Beast Boy cook and examined the ingredients he put in the pot every now and then. She had only been at Titans Tower for about an hour, and yet the Titans were acting as if she was one of their own. Well, except Raven that is, but you could have guessed that. Raven had been silent ever since she saw the vision of Blackfire, even more quiet than normal. She hadn't taken her hood off since then; she actually brought it lower on her face. Nobody seemed to notice. They were too busy watching Ebony and making sure she was happy than to help one of their friends.

        Ebony went to stick her finger in what Beast Boy was making.

        "Can I taste it?" she asked.

        "I don't know." Beast Boy replied jokingly. "Can you?"

        The two of them laughed and Ebony corrected her sentence.

        "May I taste it?"

        "Sure, just wash your hands first." Beast Boy suggested, putting his spoon in the mixture. Ebony washed off her hands and took a tiny taste of what was in the spoon Beast Boy brought up for her.

        "I don't think I've ever tasted this before." Ebony commented.

        "That's because it's probably tofu." Cyborg insisted. "Beast Boy cooks it for us behind our backs all the time."

        "Why do you do that, Beast Boy?" Ebony asked, looking up at him.

        "I don't like to eat meat." He replied.

        "That's understandable." Ebony agreed.

Beast Boy went to take the pot off the stove. "Can I help you with that?" Ebony offered.

        "Grab that other handle on the pot." Beast Boy instructed. Ebony did as she was told and the two of them brought the pot onto a hot plate on the table.

        "It looks so yummy." Starfire said. "What did you make us, Beast Boy?"

        "The stew you guys like." He replied. "I decided to give you all a break from my tofu, and besides, we have a guest with us today! It wouldn't be right of me just to serve whatever I like."

        {That's a new one.} Raven thought.

        "Ebony, girl, you've got to visit us more often if it means getting Beast Boy to stop making tofu!" Cyborg exclaimed. "How long were you staying again?"

        "I can stay however long you guys can stand me." Ebony insisted, giggling.

        "Then you're staying forever!" Cyborg said too quickly.

        "I don't know about forever," Ebony began. "But I'd like to stay long enough to see what you guys experience on Earth."

        "Then why don't you do something with us tomorrow?" Robin suggested.

        "Yes!" Starfire agreed. "I must journey to the mall of shopping tomorrow. Would you like to accompany me, Ebony?"

        "Sure!" Ebony replied. "What's a mall of shopping?"

        "It's a place where you buy cool things." Beast Boy answered. "You can find just about anything you're looking for."

        "Do they have a place where you can buy a book of poetry?" Ebony asked.

        "Yeah," Robin replied. "Raven shops there all the time."

        "Then would you like to come with Starfire and me tomorrow, Big Sister?" Ebony asked.

        For the first time within the hour, Raven spoke up.

        "No," she replied. "Guys, listen to me. Earlier today, I ha-"

        "You're no fun sometimes, Big Sister." Ebony snapped, not letting Raven finish her sentence. "You should get out more."

        {My little sister is telling me to get out more?} Raven thought. {This is not happening to me.}

        The next day, Ebony and Starfire woke up early. She and the boys had compromised. On the first night, Ebony would sleep in Starfire's room, then Beast Boy's room, then Cyborg's room, and lastly, Robin's room.

        "Starfire, you do know that you're supposed to sleep with your head on the pillow and your feet at the end of the bed, right?" Ebony asked as she put her "skirt" on. Starfire shot a confused look at her.

        "What is a pillow?" she asked.

        "Never mind," Ebony replied, getting her boots on. "Thanks for taking me shopping today."

        "I like journeying to the mall of shopping." Starfire remarked. "They have many interesting things that other people trade for money; then they become yours."

        "Neat!" Ebony exclaimed. "Let's go!"

        Starfire and Ebony finished dressing and walked out of Starfire's room. They walked down the halls of Titans Tower and went for the front door. Just when they were about to open it and leave, they heard running behind them.

        "Wait!" Beast Boy shouted. He caught up with the girls and stopped in front of them to catch his breath. The girls turned and looked at him.

        "What is up, correct?" Starfire asked.

        "Can I come to the mall with you guys?" Beast Boy replied. "I've got some shopping to do."

        "I don't know. Can you?" Ebony suggested.

        "May I?"

        "Yes, come with us." Ebony said. She opened the door and the three of them walked out on the island.

        "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos." Ebony chanted, and she lifted herself off the ground. Beast Boy turned into a bird and flew, and Starfire followed behind them.

        At the mall, the three friends headed for the directory.

        "What do you want to do first?" Beast Boy asked, going down the list.

        "Why don't you go do your shopping while Starfire and I browse?" Ebony suggested.

        "Okay." Beast Boy agreed. He walked off.

        "So where are we going first?" Starfire asked. Ebony looked at Starfire, examining everything about her from the top of her hair to the tip of her boots.

        "I know exactly where we're going." Ebony said with a smirk. She grabbed Starfire's arm and led her down the mall.

        No sooner had they left, Starfire and Ebony were standing in front of a store.

        "This is where you wanted to take me?" Starfire asked, tilting her head.

        "Yeah!" Ebony squealed. "It's perfect! No offense or anything, but you could use a different outfit every now and then."

        "But this store?" Starfire asked, now getting confused and impatient.

        "You'll love it! I promise!" Ebony insisted, and she took Starfire inside the Hot Topic.

        Inside the store, Ebony started running in many directions looking at all the stuff. Starfire stood at the entrance, feeling shy and like a little bit of an outcast.

        "I thought you said you didn't know what a mall of shopping was." Starfire tried to shout above the booming rock music.

        "We don't have large centers of stores where I come from." Ebony shouted back. "We just have little ones scattered across the land. Ah ha!" Ebony picked up a shirt from the pile. She then ran over to a rack of skirts and picked out one, as well as a pair of boots and a spike bracelet. She ran back to Starfire.

        "Try these on!" Ebony insisted.

        "If you wish for me to," Starfire began. Ebony's eyes got big and cute. "I shall." Starfire finished. Ebony bounced happily and put the clothes in Starfire's hands. She then pushed her into the dressing room and shut the door.

        Ebony sat outside the room ten minutes later.

        "Come on, Star!" she called. "Let me see already!"

        Starfire walked out of the dressing room. She had on a silver t-shirt underneath black fishnets with a spike bracelet on her left wrist. She had on a black skirt with a spiked belt and black combat boots that rose to just below her knees.

        "You look awesome!" Ebony exclaimed. "You've got to buy it all!"

        "All of it?" Starfire asked, nervous.

        "Yes, because you look so great in it all!" Ebony reasoned. Starfire shrugged and went to put her normal clothes back on.

        The girls stepped out of Hot Topic about another ten minutes later. Starfire had her bag of clothes while Ebony bought a brand new wallet.

        "Since I chose to go here, why don't you choose where we should go next?" Ebony asked. She and Starfire walked over to the directory. Starfire skimmed down the lists until one store caught her eye.

        "There!" she announced, and she grabbed onto Ebony and started pulling her in that direction.

        Starfire and Ebony stood in front of another store.

        "Please tell me you're kidding." Ebony begged.

        "Why would I kid about this?" Starfire questioned. "Please accompany me. I accompanied you when we went inside the topic of hotness."

        "Fine." Ebony gave in, and the two girls walked into the Abercrombie and Fitch.

        Inside, Starfire marveled at many of the clothes while Ebony followed behind, not too interested. Starfire stopped short in front of something and caught Ebony off-guard, causing her to fall back.

        "This would look very nice on you, Ebony!" Starfire announced. "You must try it on!"

        "I don't know. I don't like it." Ebony mumbled, getting up.

        "Just try it on, please?" Starfire pleaded. "If you do not like it, you do not have to purchase it if you do not wish to."

        Ebony only stood there, defeated. She grabbed onto what Starfire had suggested and trudged off to the dressing rooms.

        Ebony walked out a few minutes later. She wore an olive green halter- top with low-rise shorts and olive green flip-flops. She had a shell necklace, bracelet, and ankle bracelet on to match.

        "You look adorable!" Starfire exclaimed. "Do you like it?"

        "Actually, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be." Ebony realized as she looked at herself in the mirror. "I look pretty hot."

        "Then you must buy it!" Starfire exclaimed.

        "Okay." Ebony gave in and put her normal clothes back on.

        A few hours later, the girls were at the food court sharing burgers and fries. Beast Boy walked over and joined them.

        "Hey girls," he greeted. "Was your shopping plan a success?"

        "Yes! Ebony introduced me to so many types of clothing that I never knew existed!" Starfire announced, jumping up. She reached into her Hot Topic bag and showed Beast Boy what she bought.

        Beast Boy could only stand in shock.

        "Wow, I didn't know you bought that type of stuff, Star." He confessed, looking at the punk clothes.

        "Well, I didn't until Ebony here showed me." Starfire corrected. "But isn't it wonderful?"

        "Uh, sure." Beast Boy uttered. "Um, what did you buy, Ebony?"

        "I'd rather not show you." She mumbled. "Starfire sort of pushed me into buying it."

        "Whatever." Beast Boy replied. "You guys about ready to go home?"

        "I am." Ebony announced. "What about you, Star?"

        "What about your book of depressing poetry you wanted to purchase?" Starfire asked.

        "I'm out of money." Ebony answered. "I can buy it back at home."

        Starfire and Beast Boy agreed and the three of them threw out their garbage and headed for home.

        Back at Titans Tower, Raven sat alone at the kitchen table. Robin and Cyborg sat watching TV just in the next room.

        "Do you think something weird could be going on with Raven?" Cyborg asked.

        "I'm not sure." Robin replied. "Maybe Ebony knows."

        At that moment, the front door swung open and Ebony, Starfire, and Beast Boy walked inside.

        "Hey, guys!" Robin called. "How'd you do at the mall?"

        "Not bad." Beast Boy replied. "I got that video game I've had my eye on for the past two weeks."

        "All right!" Cyborg shouted. "Let's try it out!"

        Beast Boy put the video game in the system and the little theme song came on. Starfire went up to her room to put her clothes away. Ebony walked into the kitchen and sat next to Raven.

        "Big Sister, why did you not want to accompany us to the mall?" she asked.

        "I wasn't feeling to well." Raven replied. Ebony shrugged and walked off to put her new clothes away.

        {What would be the point even if I did?} She thought. {Everybody loves you more than me anyway.}

~*End of Chapter Two*~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment