Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Realizations

We all know of Starfire's big sister, Blackfire, but have you ever wondered about Raven? Ebony, Raven's little sister, comes it visit, but then Blackfire escapes from jail. Could Ebony have something to do with it?

Chapter 4 - Realizations

Chapter 4 - Realizations


~*Chapter 3*~

        Raven crumbled up on her bed with her pale legs up against her chest and her hood off her head. She had another vision of Blackfire when Ebony, Starfire, and Beast Boy went to the mall. It was worse than the last one, too. This time, Blackfire had her arms wrapped around someone's neck with Ebony behind her. She wasn't sure, but it looked as if Ebony was smirking or snickering. Why would she do that? Ebony was acting like the cutest and sweetest little piece of sugar to everyone. Could it be possible? No, it couldn't be. Raven couldn't even say it. Sure, she wasn't the nicest or the prettiest girl around, but Ebony was related to her, and she was acting that way! Was it a trick? Could Ebony be plotting something? Questions with no answers raged in her head with massive fury and force. Her head throbbed.

        "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos." She barely whispered. Nothing happened. "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos." She repeated. Nothing happened, again. "What's happening to me? Why can't I use my powers?"

        Suddenly, there was a knock on her bedroom door. She went to get up, but just fell back down. Now, she couldn't even speak.

        "Raven? Raven, are you in there?" Beast Boy was knocking on her door. "Raven, I know you're in there! Let me in, now!"

        "Come on, Big Sister!" Ebony shouted. "We need to speak with you!"

        No answer.

        Ebony gave the bedroom door a stubborn look. She brought her fingertips to her head and closed her eyes. "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos." She said, and she was able to see through the door. She saw Raven lying on the ground, completely helpless. "Big Sister!" Ebony screamed.

        "What? What is it?" Beast Boy asked, frantic. "Tell me!"

        Instead of speaking, Ebony used her telekinetic powers to knock down the door to the room and ran inside. She knelt down next to Raven and cradled her head in her arms.

        "Dude, what's wrong with her?" Beast Boy asked, walking into the room.

        "I don't know," Ebony replied. "But definitely something bad."

        Beast Boy knelt down next to Ebony and put his hand on Raven's forehead. Even unconscious, he thought she was pretty in that mysterious and dark way. Ebony closed her eyes and brought Raven up close to her.

        "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos." She said. Her power emerged from her body and entered Raven's. Raven's eyes flickered open and she saw Ebony and Beast Boy above her.

        "What's going on?" she asked, whispering. "I feel awful."

        "Something happened." Ebony replied. "I don't know what, but it was definitely bad. Maybe you should rest."

        "I've had enough of you telling me what to do." Raven snapped. She stood up and dusted her cape and leotard off. "I'll meditate. Now, get out." She pointed to the door. Beast Boy turned and left. Ebony went to follow him, but stopped short and turned back to her big sister.

        "I was just trying to help." She said before she left. Raven sat down on her bed and thought about what just happened.

        "What is Ebony up to?" she asked. "From what I remember, she was never this way back in our home world." She lay down on her pillow and stared up at the ceiling. "I remember when Ebony was born."

Flashback

        A little Raven sat in mid-air meditating. She didn't look too interested in what was happening. Today was the day her little sister was born.

        Azarath was an eerie place that didn't seem too welcoming, and yet all the people in Raven's race were born there. Azarath looked something like her mind, but less eerie, thank goodness. Raven found it peaceful to come there to meditate or practice mastering her power, yet she wasn't sure why. Maybe it was that "at home" feeling. Nobody knew.

        Raven heard a faint whimper and opened her eyes. She looked down at a tiny thing with huge, adorable eyes and navy blue hair. She stood and knelt down in front of it.

        "Are you my sister?" she asked.

The thing didn't reply.

        "I'm pretty sure you are." Raven continued. "You look like me. Do you have a name?"

        Still, silence was the response.

        "I'll call you Ebony." She finished.

        The thing smiled. Raven took her in her arms and went to find her something to wear.

End Flashback

        Raven turned on her side and stared at her wall. She took off her cape and draped it over her entire body. Before she knew it, she was asleep.

        In the TV room of Titans Tower, Ebony sat on the couch with her arms crossed and a stubborn look on her face. Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy sat on the other side watching her. Starfire stood behind the couch trying to figure out which side of the remote to use.

        "I do believe that this button turns the image-viewing device on, yes?" she asked.

        Robin looked up the remote.

        "Yeah," he replied. "That's the one."

        Starfire pressed the button and the TV turned on, though it wasn't a normal television channel. It was a warning screen.

        "It's a rerun." Starfire announced, and she turned it off.

        "Wait! Turn that back on!" Robin commanded. Starfire did as she was told and the warning screen came up again.

        "Dude, since when was a show a warning screen?" Beast Boy asked.

        "It's not." Robin corrected. "It's a Titan Call. Something's wrong and we need to fix it."

        "That's weird since usually, the danger comes and finds us." Cyborg pointed out.

        "That's true, but let's just see who sent it." Robin insisted. He used the remote to point down at sender. He pressed the okay button and another screen came up.

        "It's from jail." Beast Boy observed.

        "Not just any jail," Robin began. "But the Galactic Prison."

        "Isn't that where Sister was sent?" Starfire asked.

        "Yeah, but what's the message?" Cyborg asked to the team. The team shrugged and looked towards Ebony.

        "I don't know!" she said defensively. "I don't think I've ever heard of the Galactic Prison!"

        Robin sensed that something was wrong.

        "Okay, Ebony, this is getting weird. What do you know?" he demanded.

        "I don't know anything!" Ebony stood up.

        "You're hiding something!" Robin insisted. "Tell us what it is, now!"

        "It might help us figure out what's up with Raven." Beast Boy suggested. "What is it?"

        "I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!" Ebony screamed, and she ran upstairs and burst into Raven's room.

        Raven woke up with a jolt. She sat up on her bed.

        "What are you doing in my room?" she asked.

        "Big Sister, you have to believe me. I swear, I don't know anything!" Ebony begged.

        "I don't know what you're talking about." Raven said calmly.

        "I have no idea about your visions, or Blackfire, or why she br-" Ebony stopped short and covered her mouth.

        "You know about my visions? How do you know?" Raven demanded.

        "I can't tell you." Ebony whispered.

        "I can't believe I'm saying this, but you can tell me anything." Raven reassured. "We're sisters, as much as I don't like to admit it. Tell me what's happening."

        "I can't." Ebony repeated.

        "Why?"

        "I just can't, okay?"

        "Ebony, you're going to tell me what you know, and you're going to tell me now!" Raven shouted, and lifted her hand up. Ebony ran for the door, but Raven had locked it with telekinesis. Raven went to bring her hand down on Ebony before the door opened and Beast Boy as a gorilla stood there. He changed back to his normal self as Ebony ran out of the room and went to go back downstairs.

        Raven stopped short.

        "Dude, what did you do to her?" Beast Boy asked.

        Raven loosened. She brought her hand down in front of her and let tears drop.

        "What was I thinking?" she whispered. "I was going to hit a little girl."

        Beast Boy looked at her with a concerned face.

        "What did she do that made you so angry?" he asked.

        "Nothing," Raven replied a little too quickly. "Ebony's just being annoying like a real sister." Raven slammed the door shut in front of Beast Boy's face.

        Downstairs in the kitchen, Ebony sat at the table sobbing her little violet-blue eyes out. She wiped and sniffed as her screams of sadness and fear echoed throughout Titans Tower.

        "Should we be worried?" Cyborg whispered to Robin.

        "Yes," he replied. "One, because she's hiding something from us, and two, if she keeps screaming, we're going to loose our hearing."

        Robin, Cyborg, and Starfire walked over to Ebony. They surrounded her, but in that comforting and pleasing sort of way. Ebony looked up at them.

        "Ebony, please, tell us what is going on." Starfire urged.

        "I can't." Ebony said. "It's not my fault!"

        "We believe you on that." Robin tried to encourage her. "Just tell us who is responsible for all of this."

        "I can't." Ebony repeated, and she brought her head down.

        "If you tell us, I'll give you a lollipop." Cyborg offered. Ebony slowly brought her head up.

        "The triple sour watermelon kind with the bubblegum in the middle?" she asked.

        "Sure, whatever you want." Cyborg gently pat Ebony on the back. She sat up straight in her chair and opened her mouth to speak.

        "It's just that I know." Ebony began. "I know of all of you and your powers. I know how Robin is so fast, how Cyborg functions, how Beast Boy changes, and of Blackfire."

        "What is wrong with Sister?" Starfire asked.

        "She's broken out of jail." Ebony replied. The three Titans stepped back in shock. "She's the one that's been sending Raven horrible visions of the future through a new type of power. The visions are to make Raven feel as though she is weak and vulnerable. With one Titan gone, the Teen Titans aren't as powerful as they would be with everyone."

        "So Blackfire has been trying to get rid of us by finding the flaws in Raven's power in order to weaken all of us?" Robin tried to get this straight.

        "Yes," Ebony replied. "And she has almost succeeded."

        "Then we must find a way to restore Raven!" Starfire exclaimed.

        "No!" Ebony shouted. Her voice sounded like the demon Raven, Beast Boy, and Cyborg had battled when they went into Raven's Magic Mirror. "We have to let Raven fight it off on her own. If we don't, the weakening power will come to affect one of us. Either way, someone is going to get hurt, and possibly die."

        "I don't blame you for not wanting to tell us this," Robin wrapped his arms around Ebony. "But thank you for doing it. That makes it so much easier."

        Ebony crumbled up in Robin's arms and let more tears flow.

        "I just wanted you guys to like me." She said. "I didn't want you to think I was on Blackfire's side or something. I wanted to be like you guys and just have fun."

        "As soon as we defeat Blackfire, we can have fun." Cyborg reasoned. "Do you know where Blackfire is right now?"

        "It's going to take me some time to generate that much power into seeing where someone is." Ebony said, breaking free of Robin's grasp. "Give me some time to meditate and focus. I'll try as hard as I can."

        "In the mean time, what should we do to amuse ourselves?" Starfire asked.

        "Maybe you can't help Raven in any way," Ebony began. "But one of you can definitely watch over her to make sure she is okay. If she gets weak, you can tell her that it's only dream."

        At that moment, Beast Boy walked downstairs and filled a glass with water. He dropped in some ice cubes and a straw in it and headed back upstairs.

        "I think someone's already taken that job." Robin observed. "Beast Boy can take care of her."

        Ebony smiled and went for the basement. She brushed her navy blue hair out of her face and turned on the light.

        From upstairs, crashes and screams of pain could be heard.

~*End of Chapter Three*~

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ravenfan247 on March 11, 2005, 6:54:46 AM

Ravenfan247 on
Ravenfan247oo ilove this story! but it won't let me go to chapter 4! WAHHH!!