Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Showdown at the Hangout

We all know of Starfire's big sister, Blackfire, but have you ever wondered about Raven? Ebony, Raven's little sister, comes it visit, but then Blackfire escapes from jail. Could Ebony have something to do with it?

Chapter 5 - Showdown at the Hangout

Chapter 5 - Showdown at the Hangout


~*Chapter 5*~

        Ebony slid against the cold buildings of the city in the shadows, being careful not to be seen. Robin, Cyborg, Starfire, and Beast Boy followed. Raven lagged behind. A faint green glow came from Starfire's hand as she lit up the shadows for everybody else. Ebony's eyes flashed violet- blue lights across the ground and she slowly tip-toed to the edge of one building. She looked up. There was no moon or cloud in the sky. She stepped into the light of a street lamp and scanned the sky, as if she was looking for something. The thing was, she didn't know herself what she was doing. All she knew was that Blackfire was somewhere on this planet. She didn't know where, but she had to find out.

        "I don't know where she is." Ebony announced. "I don't even know where to start."

        "Well, why don't we stop and think for a moment?" Cyborg suggested. "If you were Blackfire, where would you hide if you were on Earth?"

        The Titans and Ebony thought for a moment. What things did Blackfire like?

        "A hang out?" Beast Boy asked. "That's where she took us last time we battled her."

        "It sounds like a good place to start." Ebony said. "Can you guys take me to that hang out?"

        "Yeah!" Beast Boy confirmed. "Follow me!"

        Beast Boy turned into a hawk and flew up into the night sky. Starfire took Robin's hand and flew behind him. Raven and Ebony each took one of Cyborg's hands and followed them. Beast Boy eventually led them all to a building with pink and purple lights shining out of the windows. He landed and turned back into his normal self. Starfire, Raven, and Ebony landed and set Robin and Cyborg down.

        "That's it." Beast Boy announced, pointing up at the building. "Parties happen there every Saturday night."

        "But it's Friday." Raven spoke up. "If there's a party every Saturday night, then why is there one on a Friday night?"

        "Kid's night?" Cyborg asked.

        "I don't think so." Robin began, heading for the door. "I think we've found Blackfire." He opened it. All the Titans and Ebony followed, but Raven stayed.

        {What's going on here?} She thought. {Why do I get the feeling that something's not right?}

        Raven watched her friends and sister walk into the hang out.

        {Ebony was always a strange girl.} She continued thinking. {I remember back when we were little, she would always be a secretive and mysterious girl. Now that I think of it, she's still that way today. She would always sneak away in the middle of the night and go somewhere, and yet she never told me where she was or what she was doing. That reminds me, how did Ebony come to figure all this out? She doesn't have that type of power. I don't think so anyway. I know she can predict the future, but how come she knew about Blackfire so well? How come she knows about the rest of the Titans? I don't think I ever told her about them.}

        Raven stepped back into the shadows and took off her hood. She folded her arms and stared down at the stones creating a passageway to the entrance of the hang out.

        "It just doesn't make sense."

        Inside the hang out, the Titans and Ebony split up in order to find anything weird or inhuman going on. It looked normal. Tons of teens were dancing everywhere and talking at the snack table. Boys lined the walls with serious looks on their faces as they watched girls dance to now- playing techno music. All of them looked normal. All the boys were wearing a lot of black with safety pins attached to their sleeves and long hair back in ponytails. Their pants were torn and their shirts were ripped at the sleeves and around the neck. Girls wore skimpy halter-tops, spaghetti straps, and tube tops with low-rise shorts and capris. Their hair was put up into messy buns and pigtails that swung around as they moved their bodies. A DJ blasted out music at one side of the club and controlled the multi-colored lights shining out to the crowd. The Titans tried investigating the partygoers.

        Robin came up to a girl that wore a black cami and extremely low shorts. She was obviously older than he by a lot.

        "Excuse me," he began. "But have you seen anything strange going on around here? Like some sort of alien girl?"

        "No," the girl replied. "What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you a little young to be at Mature Teens' Night?"

        "I guess." Robin replied. "Thanks anyway."

        Starfire came up to a boy wearing black punk clothes and his hair up in a Mohawk.

        "Please pardon my interruption, but have you seen a girl that looks like me, only older?" she asked. The boy gave her a haunting stare.

        "No," he said. "Are you in line?"

        "Line?" Starfire repeated. "Line for what?"

        "Are you getting something pierced?" he asked. "You'd look good with a nose piercing."

        "I do not wish to partake in the piercing of the nose." Starfire replied, and she ran away as fast as she could.

        Cyborg came up to a girl with purple hair up in pigtails and a gold tube top dress.

        "Have you seen anything weird going on around here?" he asked.

        "Only you," the girl replied, swinging her hips to the music. "You're a robot."

        "That's not what I meant." Cyborg continued. "Have you seen anything weird or inhuman going on?"

        "Yeah." The girl said. "You. You're a robot."

        Cyborg gave up. He couldn't win this one.

        Beast Boy came up to a girl in a bright pink halter-top and extremely low cargo pants with combat boots.

        "Dude, there's an alien girl walking around." He announced. "Have you seen her?"

        "I don't believe in aliens." The girl said.

        "What about Starfire?" Beast Boy asked. "She's an alien."

        "She is so faking." The girl said. "There's no such thing as aliens."

        "Well, what a gold mine of information you are." Beast Boy mumbled under his breath as he walked away.

        Ebony stood in the corner of the hang out scanning all the teens. None of them looked too odd to her. Well, except the one whose entire body was tattooed, but that wasn't the point. Ebony sighed.

        "It's going to take forever to find Blackfire." She announced to nobody.

        Suddenly, she felt something grab her shoulders. She whipped around to see Raven.

        "Big sister!" she cried. "Have you found Blackfire?"

        "No, but listen to me. You have to get out of here." Raven said seriously, tightening her grip on her little sister's shoulders.

        "Why?" Ebony asked. "We haven't found Blackfire yet."

        "Just trust me and leave!" Raven ordered. "Something isn't right here. Something's coming after you."

        "What is it?" Ebony asked.

        "I don't know." Raven replied. "Just leave! Now!"

        Ebony turned and headed for the door. She jostled her way around the dancing teens and grabbed the knob. Before she could open the door, somebody else grabbed onto her. Ebony went to look who it was but couldn't see anything. Whoever it was had covered up her eyes. She could feel the being grabbing her and taking her somewhere.

        Suddenly, cold air snapped onto the back of her neck. Ebony fought her way out of the being's grasp and stood. She opened her eyes and looked as hard as she could at the being.

        "Blackfire," she whispered.

        "Darn it." Blackfire said. "I guess you're more powerful than I thought."

        "What do you want with me? Tell me!" Ebony snapped.

        "You think I'm stupid enough to tell you my plan?" Blackfire asked. "And I thought you were smart. But it seems that you're just a pathetic ten- year-old."

        "I'm a fighter!" Ebony shouted, running for Blackfire. She went to land a punch in her face, but Blackfire was gone. She had disappeared. Ebony turned around only to be punched in the stomach by Starfire's sister.

        "Stupid and slow," Blackfire announced, forcing her fist deeper into Ebony. "It looks like I've hit a jackpot."

        Blackfire served fast-as-lightning punches into Ebony, bruising the poor girl's pale and delicate skin. Ebony was lucky that she was able to stand.

        "Azarath, Metrion, Zi-" Ebony couldn't finish her chant. Blackfire flashed a purple star bolt that surrounded her mouth, disabling her vocal cords.

        {I can't believe it.} Ebony thought. {It was I, this whole time.}

        A bright green flash broke her thoughts.

        "Sister!" Starfire shouted. "It was true this entire time! Ebony was not lying!"

        "Brilliant deduction, Little Sister." Blackfire smirked. "It's just not brilliant enough." Blackfire grabbed Ebony's neck and held her high. Ebony grabbed onto Blackfire's wrist to try to fight her way out of this one.

        "Let her go!" Starfire ordered, and the rest of the Titans came up behind her. Starfire's hands flashed green. Cyborg had his right arm turned to his sonic boom gun. Raven's eyes were white with power. Robin had his bird-a-rang out and ready to fly. Beast Boy changed into a vulture and started circling Blackfire overhead.

        "I hate birds." Blackfire remarked, and she shot Beast Boy down with a single star bolt from her other hand.

        Ebony went to scream, but Blackfire tightened her grip around her neck.

        "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!" Raven shouted, and Blackfire fell back from the force of the dark power. Ebony fell to the ground with a hard smack. Beast Boy recovered from Blackfire's attack and rushed to her side.

        "Ebony, wake up!" he called, gently bouncing her head. "Say something!"

        Raven caught sight of Beast Boy trying to awaken her little sister. She wasn't bothered until she saw him plant a quick kiss on her forehead.

        "No," she barely whispered.

        "Uh, Raven! Hello! Are you still with us?" Cyborg waved his hand in front of Raven's face. She broke out of her trance with a snap.

        "What?" she asked.

        "Let's go!" Cyborg said, annoyed. "Blackfire's got your little sister unconscious!"

        "Right!" Raven came back to reality. "I knew that!"

        Raven and Cyborg rushed into battle with their powers ready. Blackfire started to run. She didn't know where. Anywhere. Robin threw his bird-a-rang in hopes of tripping Blackfire. Instead, she flew up into the night sky.

        "I forgot she could do that." Robin announced. Starfire and Raven flew up into the sky, trying to catch up with Blackfire.

        "And what are we supposed to do?" Cyborg called.

        "See if you can awaken Ebony or shoot Blackfire from down there." Raven replied, trying to gain speed. She and Starfire flew as fast as they could.

        Back on the ground, Beast Boy tried to get Ebony to open her eyes while Cyborg shot in all different directions. Robin jumped across the roofs of the buildings in hopes of catching up with the girls.

        Beast Boy gently brushed Ebony's hair out of her face.

        "Come on." He begged. "Please, wake up."

        Suddenly, a faint, tiny glow came from underneath Ebony. It flew up into the sky, and Ebony's eyes fluttered open. The purple ring of star bolts disappeared around Ebony's mouth, and she could talk again.

        "What's happening?" she asked.

        "Ebony!" Beast Boy exclaimed. "You're okay!" He hadn't noticed the tiny glow.

        "Yes, I'm fine. What about Big Sister and Starfire?"

        Without any warning, one of Blackfire's purple star bolts shot down on them. Beast Boy grabbed Ebony and they rolled just in the nick of time, but Beast Boy was still hurt.

        "First a bird, then a boy." Blackfire said. "That was really annoying."

        Ebony, who had been protected by Beast Boy, shot Blackfire a death- stare and flew up to assist the rest of the Titans.

        "Great," Blackfire said to herself, firing star bolts at Starfire and Raven. "The stupid kid's awake." Her voice got louder. "Aren't you done with me yet? I thought we broke our friendship off a long time ago!"

        "FRIENDSHIP???" Raven and Starfire asked together, totally confused.

        "I'll explain that later!" Ebony called, flying up to Blackfire. She stopped in front of her and stared her in the face. She narrowed her eyes as her hands started to glow black and white.

        "Pathetic," Blackfire smirked, and shot Ebony with another one of her star bolts. Ebony fell through the sky and crashed down on the cement roof of the hang out. Starfire and Raven looked at Blackfire, hurt, and flew down towards the ten-year-old.

        "Why do they even bother to help her?" Blackfire asked. "She's going to die anyway." Without any warning, Blackfire threw a star bolt in back of her, destroying Robin's bird-a-rang.

        "How?" Robin stepped back. Blackfire shot a bolt down on him. She then shot a beam down at Cyborg, stopping him sonic boom short. The explosion was a little too close in front of him, and he fell back, a piece of his computer coming loose.

        Starfire and Raven knelt down against Ebony.

        "Are you done yet?" Blackfire called. "Is that the best you can do? I'm waiting."

        Starfire looked up at her.

        "Sister!" she screamed. "I am not aware of what has happened to lead to all this, but why are you doing this? It just does not seem like you to hurt a person other than me!"

        "I have every right to hurt Ebony!" Blackfire shouted back. "When the two of us were younger, Ebony always snuck off her planet to meet up with me on our planet. Together, we were friends. We had some fun for a little while, but then you were called away to be a Teen Titan on Earth. So was Raven. We tried to meet up with each other, but Ebony was always so concerned about Raven. She finally became so nervous that she left for Earth. I came after her, and visited you guys along the way."

        "You mean to that one time you came, you were trying to find my little sister?" Raven asked, looking up.

        "Yes," Blackfire replied. "But then, my little plan to get you in trouble backfired, and I was sent to jail. By the time I made it to jail, Ebony had landed on Earth. I was so angry that I broke out and tracked you all here. I HAVE EVERY RIGHT FOR VENGEANCE!!!"

        Blackfire broke into a fury of star bolts, hitting anything and everything in her way. Robin and Cyborg were out of strength. Beast Boy was hurt. Raven and Starfire covered Ebony as well as they could to keep her from getting hurt.

        Without any warning, a flashback appeared in Ebony's mind.

Flashback

        "I miss Big Sister." A young Ebony said to a young Blackfire.

        "You shouldn't." Blackfire said back. "Siblings are useless."

        "No, they aren't." Ebony corrected. "I love my big sister."

        "You shouldn't." Blackfire repeated.

        Ebony gave Blackfire a hard stare.

        "I'm going to find her." Ebony walked away.

        "No, you aren't!" Blackfire shot Ebony down with a star bolt. Ebony fell flat on her face and slowly lifted her head. She shot Blackfire her eyes, white with power.

        "Okay, you're freaking me out." Blackfire announced. Ebony flew up high and you could almost see steam exiting through her ears.

        "Good," Ebony whispered, and she threw white beams of energy at her. "AZARATH!" she screamed. Her eyes flashed white. "METRION!" she screamed, and her power increased. Before she could say the last word of her chant, she drew in a long breath and fell. She was too young to hold that type of power.

        "That was weird." Blackfire said, inching back.

        "I need to be alone." Ebony said. "I need to find Raven."

        Ebony left.

End Flashback

        Ebony's eyes flashed white with rage. She flew up. Starfire and Raven moved out of the way, and watched in awe. Ebony flew up in front of Blackfire and gave her a hard stare. Her anger rose to its peak, the peak that Raven had warned the Titans about. Raven knew.

        "Ebony!" she screamed. "You're still not old enough to hold that type of power!"

        Ebony wasn't listening.

        "AZARATH!" she screamed. Her eyes flashed white. "METRION!" Her power increased.

        "Ebony, I'm begging you, don't use that power!" Raven gave one last attempt before she said it.

        "ZINTHOS!" Ebony screamed at the top of her lungs. A gigantic white beam flashed from Ebony's body. It surrounded Blackfire with hot energy, destroying her power. Blackfire fell to the ground. She hit her head hard on the cement. A small line of blood trickled from her scalp.

        "It's about time." Ebony said before she went back to normal. She fell to the ground in weakness. Starfire was able to catch her.

        "Ebony!" she shouted. "Please, speak to us!"

        Raven placed her ear against Ebony's chest.

        "Her heartbeat is slowing!" she announced. "She's barely breathing! Starfire! Call the Galactic Ambulance!"

~*End of Chapter Five*~

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment