Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Hallelujah

Garfield Logan and his wife and daughter are enjoying a summer day at the pool...but all it takes is a certain song on the radio and a melancholy lifeguard to bring back the past. Partial songfic to "Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainright

Chapter 1 - Hallelujah

Chapter 1 - Hallelujah
I dont own Teen Titans or the song Hallelujah, and I dont know why Im so fond of these angsty memory-related fics. Ah well.
READON

Ahhh, the pool. A perfect place to be on a hot summer afternoon.



Garfield Logan was enjoying the happy cries of his baby daughter as she splashed around in her floatie-ring. He kissed the tiny girl softly on her head and smiled at his wife, Bridget, who was sitting on a plastic lounge chair under an umbrella. A floppy hat covered her long blonde hair, and a large t-shirt hid her skinny, bikini-clad body. Gars heart rose when she grinned back at him.

Ever since theyd married three years ago, life had been heaven. Gar was in love and had a wonderful child...he was happy.

Then that song came on the radio that the owner had hooked up to speakers.

Ive heard there was a secret chord

That David played and it pleased the Lord

But you dont really care for music, do ya?

It goes like this

The fourth, the fifth

The minor firm

The major lift

The baffled kings composed hallelujah



It shouldnt have bothered him, and it wouldnt have...if not for her.

One of the lifeguards on break was sitting by the side of the pool, dangling her slim feet in the water. Her indigo eyes gazed at her reflection, as though scrying something in the cool ripples. A wall of shoulder-length violet hair half-hid her face, which was unnaturally pale for someone who spent so much time outdoors.

Rather than undressing her, Gars eyes added long sleeves and a turtleneck to her black one-piece swimsuit. He sighed and tried to push disturbing thoughts from his mind.

I love Bridget, I chose her in the end.

The lifeguard looked up. Their eyes met for a moment, during which it became obvious that she saw through his tanned skin and dyed hair. She knew.



Maybe Ive been here before

Ive seen this room, Ive walked this floor

I used to live alone before I knew you

Ive seen youre flag on the marble arch-



Love is not a victory march
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

She whispered the end of the verse, eyes still locked with his. She stared a moment more, before closing her eyes and turning away. However, her singing continued.

Maybe theres a God above
And all I ever learned from love
Was how to shoot at someone who out-drew you.
Its not a cry you hear at night
Its not somebody whos seen the light
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hallelujah.



Hallelujah.

Hallelujah.



Hallelujah.

THE END.

Awww, poor Rav- I mean, lifeguard! Im not a Terra hater, by the way. Thats why I left out the verse about the woman bathing on the roof; somebody could take that wrong. In fact, this could be a BB/Terra song, too. Hmmm...

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BBandRaven4life12 on June 25, 2007, 1:25:31 PM

BBandRaven4life12 on
BBandRaven4life12Beep that.