Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Intro

Five kids on their way to a campground. Little did they know that more than a week of swimming, hiking and enjoyment waited for them at their destination. A prophecy from eons ago was about to unfold in front of the kid’s eyes.

Chapter 1 - Intro

Chapter 1 - Intro
Tomb

"Are we ever going to get there?" whined Monika.
"Hopefully we're at least half way there." replied Shannon. Five kids, Shannon at age ten, Ryan (Ry-Ry) at age five, Monika at age ten, Aaron at age nine, and Devon at age eight, were on their way to Grand Teton, Wyoming. They were all really exited to go camping on the shore of Jenny Lake. Shannon and Monika were talking in a restaurant while they stopped for lunch on their way to the campground. All the kids were extremely impatient and wanted to get to the camp ground as fast as possible. Little did they know that more than a week of swimming, hiking and enjoyment waited for them at their destination. A prophecy from eons ago was about to unfold in front of the kid's eyes.
A gust of air bit at everyones cheeks as they clambered out of the car to set up the tent for the night. The friends were hunting with Monikas dad for the perfect camping spot when Ry-Ry glanced out of the corner of his eye and saw a beautiful spot with hundreds of pine trees(well, maybe not hundreds but Ry-Ry definitely likes to exaggerate.), a big field full of flowers behind it, and a great view of the vast lake. When he pointed it out to the rest of the hunting party they all agreed on one thing. That was now their chill spot for the rest of their vacation. So the next morning, after spending the night in a cabin, they all helped pitch the three tents and get settled in. There was plenty of daylight left before nightfall so the kids decided to go down to the beach which was surprisingly grand considering the fact that it was only a lake beach. The swimsuits werent unpacked yet so they settled for a game Aaron had just invented.
The game was to see how far each kid could throw a rock along the beach. The first round was easy given the fact that the rock was a pebble(Monika won with a surprisingly far throw.). A heavier rock was used for the second round and so forth. On the fifth round however it was difficult to find a rock that was big enough to top the last one. Finally Shannon discovered the mother of all rocks, it was so big that all of them had to pitch in to held dig it out of the ground. Well actually, the part of the rock sticking out of the ground would have topped the last one in size, and there was still more to go. The full and complete rock (actually it was more like a small boulder) was so much bigger than the last rock. They decided to give it a try, all of them(with the exception of maybe Ry-Ry) were always up for a challenge. Shannon was the first to go. She threw the rock maybe 1 foot, which was better than the next 3 kids! Aaron was the only one to get it to go farther. He flung the rock with such force that part of it got stuck in the sand! When the kids went to retrieve it they all jumped back. The rock was sinking into the ground! The sand under their feet caved in and threatened to suck them down with the rock. Their struggling proved useless, no matter how much they fought to stay above ground the sand kept on caving in. One by one the kids were swallowed up by the earth.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment