Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Zoo!

Link and Zelda sittin' in a tree... K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love... then comes marriage... then comes a baby in a baby carriage! ... *Cough* sorry... several babies... That REALLY stress out Link! (PG)

Chapter 6 - The Zoo!

Chapter 6 - The Zoo!




Author's note: Well, I assume you REALLY want to know what happens next… tee hee… well, I have been rejecting my fan fiction portion of my section, (and I am deeply ashamed) because most of my fan fictions are on fanfiction.net. Well, hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







Chapter 6
April 8




“ZOO, ZOO, ZOO!!!” Nink yelled with joy as he put on his hat.



He rushed out of his room quickly and ran down the stairs to the family room.  Zelda, for once, was not wearing one of her dresses, she was wearing a Hawaiian-like shirt and capris along with sunglasses as she held little Kelda in her arms who also had a Hawaiian shirt.  Of course, Link was wearing his usual tunic.  Zink was wearing another Hawaiian shirt, except with pants, and he still wore his hat.  Lelda wore the same thing as Zelda and Nink wore the same thing as Zink. (The only thing that was different about each of the shirts was that they had different designs.



“Oh, Link, do please dress like the rest of the family… you stand out too much.”



“No, no, no… I'm not taking off my tunic.”



“I'll let you wear your hat!” Zelda said leaning against him, “Please?  For your dearest wife?”



Link, blushing, at last went upstairs and put on a Hawaiian shirt and pants.  He came downstairs and at last, they finally went into the car.


“All right… do we have barf bags?” Link said.


“For what?  None of us get car sick easily.”


Link pointed at Zelda.


“Oh!  Right… um… yes!  We do!”  Lelda said.


“Do we have sunscreen and water?” Zelda said looking back.


All the children held up their water bottles and sunscreen tubes, including Kelda who was in her baby seat beside Nink.


“Okay, then, we're off!”


So, they drove out of the garage and went to the zoo. (Which was 1 hour away.)  However, while in the car, they had the most bazaar conversations.


“Link, I think I'm getting bigger already…” Zelda said looking down at herself.


“Oh, please… don't start…”


“No really!  Just look!”


“Could you guys talk about this in your private conversations at home, please?” Zink said.


“It's probably going to be a girl!” Lelda said.


“Oh yeah?  You wanna bet?”


“Half our allowances.”


“50 rupees it is!”


They eventually passed by some cows on a field.  You know, whenever you pass by something like that, it REALLY stinks (well, my nose is sensitive…) and Nink did not like this at all.


“Ewwwww!!!  The cows smell funny!  They smell like daddy!”


“Why don't you say that again?” Link said tightening his grip on the steering wheel.


Zelda held her mouth and began to hit Link on the shoulder.  He looked at her, then reached back for a barf bag.  After handed one, he gave it to Zelda and… you know the rest.  ANYWAY… They finally reached the zoo.  It took a long while for Link to park, however he finally did eventually.  He got out of the car, opened the door for his children then opened Zelda's door to take her hand.  She was still a bit nauseated as she got out so she was leaning on Link while holding Kelda in her stroller.


“Okay, kids.  Remember we are in the elephant section.”


They walked up to the stand and bought their tickets and at last went in.  Nink looked to the side and saw the gift shop.


“Oo!  Daddy, daddy, mommy!  Gift shop!”


“You know the rules, Nink.  No getting souvenirs until our stay is over.”  Zink said nudging him.


“Ducks!  Ducks!” Kelda said pointing to the side.


Link bent down to her level, “Yeah!  Look at the ducks!  They are pretty aren't they?”


Instead, Kelda pulled his ear.


“Ow!  Ow!  Ow!  Stop!  Had enough… Zelda!  Zelda!”


Zelda picked her up as Link sighed in relief.  They moved on until they saw the rhinos. Lelda waved her hand in front of her nose.


“Peww!  Zink, was that you?”


“I think it was dad.”


Link hit him on the head before Zelda hit him.  They finally came to the lion cages (oh boy…) and the lion was in a cranky mood.      He yawned and set his eyes on Link.


“What are you looking at?” He said rather in a playful way.


The lion roared and scared Nink out of his boots and he held on to Link's leg.  He set his eyes on the parrots on the other side.  They went to them and the bird started to talk.


“Hello!”


“Hi.” Link said, “What do you want?”


“You're stupid.”


“I beg your pardon?”


“You're an ignoramus.”


“Quite a vocabulary you got there.”


“You're ignorance is atrocious!”


“It speaks the truth…” Lelda said.


Just as Link was about to lift his hand, Zelda caught him and kissed him on the cheek to calm him down.


“Why don't we go away from the birds for a while.”


“Your diet's not working!” The bird yells out.


Zelda, outraged, turns around and attempts to head back; however, Link grabbed her and continues to walk forward.


“Like you said, let's go away from the birds…”


Eventually, they found themselves at the birdcage, and it was one of those birdcage where you could go in and feed the parrots with apples. (No, they didn't talk.)  Each of them got an apple and the parrots flew toward them.  Kelda held one and she ended up getting a little baby bird.  Nink, however, was smothered with them.
 

“Ah!  Mommy, daddy!  The birds!  They're attacking me!”


“Deal with it, Nink, I've dealt with worse.”


One of the last things they went to was the antelope.  Nink saw their “disposed waste” on the ground and pointed at it.


“Look, mommy!  It's the antelopes'-”


Zelda's gagging interrupted Nink.  Link quickly took out a barf bag for her, and…  yeah.  So they at last went to the gift shop and Nink got a giant zebra, Kelda got a little teddy bear.  Zink received a little wolf and Lelda got a thick book of information on the “wonders of animals.”  After taking a long time to get back to the parking lot, they finally made it back home.



That night, they went to bed as usual.  Zelda was in her typical robe while Link… was in his tunic.  They went into conversation after climbing into bed.


“Well, Link.  I think we had a good day at the zoo.”


“Yes, it seemed like the kids loved it.”


“Good-night, Link.”


“Good-night.” Link said yawning.


After kissing each other good-night, they fell asleep soundly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Author's note: Some of those events are based on experiences I had in the zoo… like a lion did roar at me, (it was loud) birds were all over me in when I was feeding them apples, and there was an African Grey parrot saying funny stuff… except it didn't have such a vast vocabulary and it wasn't insulting people… well, hope you enjoyed it! PLEASE REVIEW!

Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

DecendantOfSlagar on February 17, 2008, 10:16:06 PM

DecendantOfSlagar on
DecendantOfSlagarintelligent and evil parrot! awesome, WRITE MORE!!!!!!! ^.^

shadowbender on March 9, 2006, 9:20:16 AM

shadowbender on
shadowbenderThis is awsome but whats with the Hawaiian shirts.and add more this is a really good story.

StoryMaker on February 26, 2006, 1:40:57 AM

StoryMaker on
StoryMakerMORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!! thats all i have to say.

The_wonderfully_evil_Hubert on January 22, 2006, 4:51:02 AM

The_wonderfully_evil_Hubert on
The_wonderfully_evil_HubertHAHAHAH!!!! That's funny! Write more soon! Hehe...kelda is cute!

Pocky_PixieSticks_Anime on January 18, 2006, 11:14:42 AM

Pocky_PixieSticks_Anime on
Pocky_PixieSticks_Animehahahahahahahahahahahaha... that was hilarious! XD i loved it! awesome chapter! =^_^= i can't wait to read more! *gives pocky and pixie sticks*

tikalgirl52 on December 8, 2005, 2:52:03 PM

tikalgirl52 on
tikalgirl52LOL this is funny. I showed my bf some of this and it made him afraid of kids X3

crazyart on October 25, 2005, 10:23:59 AM

crazyart on
crazyartlol. i liked the part with the birds. *giggles*

HarpyLink234 on June 27, 2005, 1:07:27 AM

HarpyLink234 on
HarpyLink234What mean birdies!And DUCKIES!
I love duckies!I have a duckie,she's so cute!Her names Daffy.A malrd female duck.
as for the Lion,stop being grumpy or I hit you with a hammer!

odd on June 23, 2005, 11:16:08 AM

odd on
oddlol all those things have hapened to me lol. except one of the parrots called me a dog and i threw a rock at it then hit it on the head..... then it shutup... yeah

nice story :P i love it