Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 32 - grrr

Atem got his own body but at a price...

Chapter 32 - grrr

Chapter 32 - grrr
Atem couldnt sleep that night. His dreams were replaced with painful flashbacks of the night the murder took place. He was watching, from behind his fathers throne. He was ten years of age. His eyes streamed, but he kept quiet, incase the thief spotted him.
He heard his mothers screams and the blood that splashed everywhere. Finally, when Bakura left, he let out a loud sob and screamed for his mother.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! the boys screams faded into his deeper tone and his eyes flung open.
Atem sat bolt upright, and put his head in his hands. Tears rolled down his face again. Yemi came in. She quietly sat on the end of the bed. I heard you screaming, she said softly, Are you alright?
Atem shuddered, clenching his teeth. She wrapped her arms around him and let him cry onto her shoulder. He held her tightly.
Yemi spoke to him softly in Ancient Egyptian. He gave her a shaky reply and lay down.
Yemi sang a song to him, a song that she used to sing to him when he was young. Atem could barely remember it, but he was exhausted. Once he was asleep, Yemi kissed him, ruffled his hair and left, closing the door behind her.
9am
Today was a particularly hot day. All of the boys were shirtless and the girls all wore skirts and sleeveless tops.
Atem kicked the covers back and his eyes flickered open. He stiffly pulled himself onto his hands and knees and stretched. After that, he simply flopped back down. He lay there for a few seconds then got up and pulled his trousers on. He went to the bathroom and then drowsily ate breakfast.
He sat at the table, with his head in his palm. His eyes flickered shut and after a few minutes his head slid from his hand. He squinted. The same thing happened again. Neo giggled. Tea shook his shoulder. Pharaoh, she giggled, Pharaoh!
Atem opened his eyes and sat up.
Mommy, can I have Atems toast? Neo asked.
Oh, Neo, you cant do that, Yemi trailed off. Atem had already pushed the saucer over to his younger brother.
Atem- Im not hungry, he grunted. He gave Neo a small smile and headed outside with Yugi. Tea purposely played loud music, to cover up the snapping, snarls and growls.
Atem raised his head from the carcass. His mouth and hands were bloody. Yugi, he breathed. Are you sure that this is- Yes! You need to eat something, and if this is what you need, well get it when you need it, Yugi interrupted.
Thank you, he said quietly. He lowered his head again and continued to rip the flesh off and eat it.
9:15am
The dead animal was buried in the sand. Atem wiped the blood from his mouth and washed his hands in the nearby stream.
He and Yugi went back inside.
Where have you been? Yemi asked.
Checking if there are any dangers near, Atem lied, Its clear,
Yep! Yugi added.
Atem sat down and ruffled Neos hair. Neo jumped on him and they wrestled on the floor. Atem took it easy on him and contained his strength.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on October 6, 2006, 6:42:19 PM

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on
HikariYugiYamiAtemuaww..Neo and Atemu are so adorable when they wrestled...I hope nothing bad happens after this...and porr Atemu..he have to sneak outside the house and eat dead animals without his family notice him! :(

ladychaos on October 6, 2006, 6:35:02 PM

ladychaos on
ladychaosawwwwwww....not more nightmares.
 
that bastard, Barura *growls*