Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Too far away!

meh...

Chapter 12 - Too far away!

Chapter 12 - Too far away!
Atem, his father and Tea had gone so far from the city that they had lost sight of civilization all together.
Atem froze and glanced around. He saw great stretches of rainforest and towering waterfalls. Where are we? he breathed.
By now, his foot had healed itself and he was able to walk on his own.

His father stepped forward, grunted with consent and carried on walking.
What are you doing? Atem called. We dont know what could be out-
Tea put a hand on his shoulder and he fell silent. He turned away, brushed her off and followed silently.

After a few hours of wandering, tempers began to fray.
I feel sick . . . Atem mumbled.
You always feel sick! his father snapped.
What is your name, anyway? Tea asked.
My name is Chad in this world, came the reply.

That is, if we are still in This world, Atem grunted.
Youre just like my sister, you are, depressing! Chad growled.
Atem glared at him.
And you can stop glaring at me too! Chad added loudly.
Pharaoh! Tea hissed, grabbing Atem as he lunged for his father with his fists clenched.

A couple of hours later, everyone was exhausted. Chad pushed on, even though Atem and Tea had suggested, more than once, that they take a rest.
We need to rest! Atem barked.
We need to get out of here! Chad called.
Atem rolled his eyes.

There was a thud and Atem and Chad turned round.
Tea had flopped onto the ground and had folded her arms. Goodbye, then, she grunted.
Fine, Chad sighed. We rest here tonight and leave tomorrow,
Atem grinned at Tea and sat down beside her.

Night came quickly. Everyone was asleep, close to each other on the ground.
Whilst Tea and Chad slept peacefully, Atem wasnt dreaming at all. He was having painful flashbacks of how he ended up in that band.
He breathed heavily and tossed and turned.

FLASHBACK/DREAM thing . . .


This will be the first human we have brought back from the dead. You had better not have messed this up, a woman grunted.
No, miss, others called, after a pause.
Good. Now, let him live! She raised her arms and cackled.

Atems eyes fluttered open. He found himself in a tank of blue liquid, lying on some sort of submerged platform, naked. He brought his hands into view and squinted. He had his own body!
There were wires and tubes all over his body and a large tube leading into his mouth and down his throat.

Suddenly the tubes and wires pulled out of his body. It was swim or drown. The glass began to crack. Atem was trying to reach the surface but wasnt quick enough. The tank shattered, blue liquid spilled everywhere and Atem was buried beneath the waves.
The liquid drained out of the room and Atem gave a sharp gasp as he quickly lifted his face out of the water.
He was on his hands and knees, gasping for breath and dripping wet. He passed out.

I NEED A NEW BAND MEMBER AND YOU PROMISED ME ONE!
I AM THE ONE WHO GAVE THIS YOUNG MAN LIFE!
Atem opened his eyes. He was lying in what seemed like a horsebox, fully clothed. He squinted through a gap in the wood. It was moving and the driver was yelling at a woman outside.

3 days later . . .

YOU PLAYED THE WRONG CHORDS! Dave yelled. He snatched a belt from the other guitarists hand.
Atem braced himself. He was on his hands and knees, shirtless and bleeding.
He grunted with pain as the sharp pain of the belt spread down his spine.
He was shaking.

You werent supposed to play a D chord were you? Dave growled.
No, Atem croaked.
WERE YOU?
NO!

END OF FLASHBACK/DREAM thing . . .


Atems eyes shot open. He sat bolt upright, gasping for breath. He leaned over and then vomited violently.
Are you okay? Tea croaked.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on December 12, 2006, 3:13:48 PM

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on
HikariYugiYamiAtemu*after finish reading your chapters* wow! your stories are pretty cool!

fairywarrior on December 11, 2006, 5:32:53 AM

fairywarrior on
fairywarrioroh no poor atem!! hope he's ok good chappie i always look forward to seeing what you write next!!

keep it up ! ^^

yafoolin on December 10, 2006, 12:38:38 PM

yafoolin on
yafoolinThat man was horrible
Great chapter can't wait for the next one

BrazillianPaula13 on December 10, 2006, 7:00:37 AM

BrazillianPaula13 on
BrazillianPaula13I don't know if I should call tha guy who hit him evil or if I should YOU evil... (Jus' kiddin', 'k?)
If you keep updating like this, I get addicted, I'm warning you! ^-^Hehe.
Keep it up! ^-^

perfectpureblood on December 10, 2006, 5:12:57 AM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodwow! you update quick! ^^
yes! you did the flashback! ^^ amazing work! the whole tank thing made me shudder, and the man beating Atem, it was horrbile! but very well written. keep it up! :)