Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 24 - blood!

meh...

Chapter 24 - blood!

Chapter 24 - blood!
Tea's eyes fluttered open. It was 8pm, just the right time for a vampire to get up. She heard a farmilliar baritone voice from the room above. It was band practice again and Atem's voice had cleared up nicely. He was in his usual gear; a black sleeveless top, black trousers, studded dog collar, big black boots and armwarmers with buckles, chains, spikes and straps everywhere. Black eyeliner shaded his eyes. He sang down the microphone, playing his guitar. He and the band played 'How You Remind Me' by Nickelback.

(Well, in English, we read an extract from 'Dracula' and he was a vampire, right?? Right! He was also able to transform into a wolf! So, now you know what's gonna happen next...BACK TO DA FIC!)

Atem and Tea looked up, blood dripping from their lips. "We need to hide the body," Tea hissed.
Atem nodded. "Leave it in the shed, no one goes in there anymore,"
They lifted the body of Lucy's brother and carried it to the shed, then locked him in.
"Atem? Tea?" Lily called.
Atem swore and they glanced at each other.
"Come on," he took her hand and they ran across the grounds.

The couple huddled indside an unused garage. Tea breathed a sigh of releif and Atem was still hungry. He pulled the bandages off his left arm. Blood oozed out of the unhealed wounds. He pressed his arm to his mouth and began to suck the blood.
"Don't do that! You're wasting your own blood!" Tea snapped, slapping his hand.
"We can't take anymore victims here, there are too many witnesses," he grunted.
"We'll find someone."
Atem wiped his mouth and replaced the bandeges. He looked up and paused. "The full moon!"
Tea gasped and smiled. "Tonight I can show you a new ability. You will be able to do this any time after tonight,"
They stared at the moon, as if in a trance. "It's so...beautiful," Atem breathed.
"I know. It makes me feel...alive!" came the reply.

"I...have this urge to..."
"Yes...I do too..."
The pair raised their heads and howled. As they howled, they transformed into wolves. They stopped howling and glanced at each other, panting. They muzzled each other and exited the garage. They ran through the night, across the woods and into the city, frolicking. They eventually returned to their rooms, just before sunrise, and changed back to their human forms before going to sleep.

The next evening, Tea had to rehearse for the performance. She had to sing 'Bring Me to Life' by Evanescence. She was too shy, so Atem stayed with her by the stage as everyone else went to have dinner. He sat on the stage and tuned his guitar, then fell silent. "If I play my guitar, will you sing?" he asked. "You need to do this. I'll be right here on the night, anyway. Just imagine the crowds aren't there,"
He hopped onto the stage and plugged his guitar into an amplifier. He held out a hand. Tea hezitated, then took it. She stood before the microphone.
"I'll sing with you," Atem said, stepping towards another mic. He cleared his throat and began to sing quietly. He toned down his voice, so that it was quieter and softer. Tea took a deep breath and began to sing herself. Her voice was smooth and clear, just the right tone.

Atem played his guitar and eventually stopped singing. He only joined in in the chorus, with his normal, gravely singing voice.
"Wake me up,"
"Wake me up inside,"
"I can't wake up,"
"Wake me up inside,"
"Save me!"
"Call my name and save me from the dark,"
"Wake me up,"
"Bid my blood to run,"
"I can't wake up,"
"Before I come undone,"
"Save me!"
"Save me from the nothing I've become,"
...
"All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me,"
"I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything,"
"Without a thought without a voice without a soul
Don't let me die here THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE!"
Atem's shouting-in-a-KoRn-song voice filled the room.
"Bring me to life!"

"Wake me up,"
"Wake me up inside,"
"I can't wake up,"
"Wake me up inside,"
"Save me!"
"Call my name and save me from the dark,"
"Wake me up,"
"Bid my blood to run,"
"I can't wake up,"
"Before I come undone,"
"Save me!"
"Save me from the nothing I've become,"

"Bring me to life,"
"I've been living a lie
THERE'S NOTHING INSIDE!"
Atem screamed. His fangs were clearly visible.
"Bring me to life,"



Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

yafoolin on February 16, 2007, 3:52:58 PM

yafoolin on
yafoolinThis is a great chapter

fairywarrior on February 14, 2007, 2:42:14 AM

fairywarrior on
fairywarriorYEY !!
i love that song!! Cool chapter i like that both Tea and Atem are wolves and not just Atem! =] Nice touch!