Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - umm...i dunno...

meh...

Chapter 26 - umm...i dunno...

Chapter 26 - umm...i dunno...
"Did you have a good day at school?" Yemi asked in Ancient Egyptian(AE) from the kitchen.
"Yes, but why are we speaking in Egyptian?" Atem called, hanging his jacket up. He was now seventeen, Joey's height and ,at the moment, in need of a shave...facial hair didn't really suit him, even though it was only stubble. Yugi was jealous though! That was probably the only reason he wouldn't shave unless it grew to more than stubble. (Sorry, I had to do that! XD I love guys with stubble!!)
"We always speak in Egyptian to each other. Haven't you noticed?"
"Well, only because Yugi keeps staring at me, and I accidentally did my Algebra test in hieroglyphics," he sighed.
"Well, son, how is that brother of yours?" Yemi said, chopping carrots and tossing them into a pan.

Atem strolled over to the staircase. "Yugi!" he shouted.
"Yeah?" came the reply.
"What are you doing?" he asked in AE.
"Excuse me?" Yugi frowned.
"Uh, I mean, what are you doing?" the former Pharaoh corrected.
"I'm playing video games with Joey and Tristan,"

"He's playing video games with Joey and Tristan," Atem reported to Yemi.
"Tell the boys that dinner will be ready soon," she nodded.
"Mom say's dinner's nearly done!" Yugi said loudly.
"Hey! I'm supposed to say that!" Atem snapped.

After dinner, Joey and Tristan headed home and Yugi was greeted by the sound of Atem playing his drums loudly. He had to admit, he was a skilled drummer. Maybe after giving up Duel Monsters, her needed something elso to do with his arms! He played American Idiot and a few other songs, before going to the bathroom and then going to get a drink. He grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and drank it whilst spinning his drumsticks between his fingers.
His drumkit was in the spare room. He and Yugi shared bunkbeds in a room with an en suite bathroom.
Time passed quickly. Before they knew it, the two teenage twins were fast asleep. It was midnight by the time they had finally settled down. Yugi was wearing his blue pyjamas, and snored softly, lying on his back with his arm across his brow. He was on bottom bunk.
Atem was on top bunk, wearing only his boxers and his cartouche, snoring loudly and lying on his front with an arm under the pillow that his head was on. His other arm was at an angle beside his head.

Yemi opened the door and smiled warmly. She tucked Yugi in and kissed him goodnight then moved up to Atem. She pulled the covers over his bare shoulders. He stopped snoring and gave a croaky groan. He opened his eyes halfway.
"Go back to sleep," Yemi whispered, in AE, ruffling his hair.
"Did you find a way to bring father back?" he croaked.
Every day, ever since Yemi found Atem again, she was trying to find out how to bring her husband back too.
She shook her head sadly. "I'm sorry Atem,"
He sighed and closed his eyes again. Yemi ran a hand through his hair and kissed him on the forehead.
She sighed herself and quietly left as his snoring returned.

"Pharaoh!" Yugi shouted for the fifth time.
"What?" he moaned, finally opening his eyes.
The warm rays of the Egyptian sun covered the room. (Yes, he, Yugi and Yemi had moved to Egypt. Live with it!) Today it was Atem's turn to take care of the cattle, Yugi's turn to harvest the crops and Yemi's turn to go to the market and buy aome food fo tonight.
"And remember, don't lose that bull again! I'm counting on you," Yemi said to Atem.
The sun burned down on the small farm. Atem had taken his shirt off and tucked it under his belt. He rode his horse, Horus, the bay Mustang and rounded the herd into a field.

Once again, the great black bull had headbutted through the fence...
Atem spotted him. "Nooo! Get back here!" he urged Horus into a gallop and they jumped over the fence, racing after the bull. They sped through the streets, leaving clouds of sand and dust. People gasped and stumbled out of the way and young women swooned at his perfectly tanned body.. Yemi was opening her purse, at a fish stall, when they zoomed by. "Atem?!" she snapped, wide eyed. Atem leaned over and grabbed the rope tied around the bull's neck. It halted and grunted. Then it snorted loudly. Atem breathed a sigh of releif. Suddenly, the bull charged forward, taking him with it. He clung onto the ropes, being dragged along the hot sand on his front. "Wooooooooaaaaaaaaaah!" he yelled.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

perfectpureblood on February 18, 2007, 11:32:19 PM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodcool! ^^ I can tell very much that you are a huge Atem fanatic! ^^ it shows through all your work, which is great!! :)

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on February 15, 2007, 6:11:13 PM

HikariYugiYamiAtemu on
HikariYugiYamiAtemulol..XD