Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 31 - Coming Undone

meh...

Chapter 31 - Coming Undone

Chapter 31 - Coming Undone
I can't believe it. I have human friends and I have feelings for a human girl! I even protected them! I guess they're not so bad after all.... I'm drained of energy. Need blood. Need to heal. I lie, still unconscious, on a bed in the Ishtar's mobile home. Luckily they brought it with them when they flew over here to find me. I still don't know why they need me. I'm no longer a mighty Pharaoh, just an unfortunate, skinny young creature. Marik's an expert in the first aid department. He's treated and bandaged my wounds, given me oxygen from one of those machines humans use in hospitals and checked that I'm doing fine. He, Yugi and Ishizu are sitting in the main room, disgussing what to do about the inccident the other night.

Tea sits on a chair at my bedside. She watches me and talks to me. I've been out cold for three days now, except for when I woke up for about an hour just as they brought me here. She says it's getting serious. I can't hear her. Can't hear, see, feel anything or anyone, just out cold. I lie on my side, breathing softly, a creamy-white fang protruding from the corner of an unmoving mouth. The covers are tucked over my shoulders. My wings are folded neatly behind me. Tea sighs. It's getting late. She slowly turns away and quietly leaves.

The next morning, she returns to check on me. My wings have gone, and my claws. I'm staring out of the window, fully clothed. I'm paler than normal, shivering. "You're awake!" she smiles. "Why are you shaking?" I taught her some more Egyptian a few days ago. She learns quickly.
She approaches carefully. "Are you cold? Y-You need blood don't you?"
"Why do you need me?" I ask quietly. "I will only cause trouble,"
"We need you because you're the only one who can save us," Tea says.
"Why can't you save yourselves?" I snap. "Everytime I try to save someone, it all goes wrong and I end up hurt. Why do you think I live alone?!"

"You're the only one who has the power to do this! We need you! If you don't do this, we all die! No more humans; no more blood for you!" Tea yells.
I glance at her over my shoulder. She can clearly see the red slashes across my face. The light and my pale complexion makes them stand out even more.
"I'm sorry," she sniffs. "I'm sorry we took you away. I can see why you did that. I understand,"
She begins to weep. Sits down on the bed. I limp over to her, sit down beside her. Pull her into my embrace. Tea sobs. Something in my mind clicks. What am I doing? I hate humans. I should be slaughtering her, not embracing her. What if the other vampires find out? That'll be the end of me!
"You shouldn't be out of bed. You need to rest," she says softly, drying her eyes. I stare unblinkingly at the window. What's wrong with me? We stand up.
"Pharaoh?" Tea looks up at me. "Are you okay?"
I slowly, intimidatingly, look up at her, glaring and smirking. My eyes are deep crimson.

I suddenly clamp my fingers around her throat and pin her to the wall. She shrieks. I hiss loudly, opening my jaws wide and moving in for the bite.
"Pharaoh, no!" Yugi shouts, throwing the door open.
"Enough!" Marik yells, tearing me off her. He drops me on the floor and Ishizu helps Tea up.
"What is wrong with you?" she splutters.
"I'm sorry..." I whisper. "I lost control..."
"A vampire that has been unconscious for a long while can be a deadly creature. He should be fine after he consumes some blood," Ishizu says calmly.

I take a long, cold shower. I find myself standing there, staring at my trembling hands, with hundreds of questions clouding my mind. The ice cold water nips and stings at my scars, making tiny flowers of red seep through and create pink trails down my body. I'm jittering. I turn the shower off, dry myself off and get dressed. I flop onto my bed.
"Hey," the door opens. Tea's standing there. "We saved you some dinner and found some blood,"
I sigh and follow her into the main room. There's Sushi on the table. The others are still eating. I take a pair of chopsticks and sit down with them. Not sure if I'm hungry. Feel weak and tired. I take a few small mouthfuls and pause to swallow.

"Here you go," Marik hands me a bottle full of fresh, warm blood. Silence. I drop everything, stare at it for a few minutes, then take the lid off and gulp it down. Feeling better, I stop, breathing heavily. "Where did you get this?" I ask.
"Found a funeral parlour. There were some new arrivals..." Ishizu says in a hushed tone.
We finish dinner. The girls clean up. I put my head in my hands on the table. Questions again. I still don't trust humans. Tea goes to tap me on the shoulder. Sensing her, I turn to face her. She gasps. My eyes are still crimson and wild from my attack earlier.

"S-Sorry," her voice is fragile.
I finish my meal in silence, then return to my room. I switch the stereo on. Evanescence: 'Like You'. I pick up my guitar and strum along. I'm sitting in the corner,on the floor, not even looking at the guitar, staring into space. The song reminds me of my parents. The lyrics...My hands and fingers move with a mind of their own. I find myself playing the next song also; Lostprophets 'A Town Called Hypocrisy'. I end up playing a whole hour's worth of songs. Marik knocks and comes into the room. He watches, intrigued. He turns the music off, but I still play. I do a fast solo, all over the fret board. My mind is elsewhere. Marik steps over and stops me by putting his hands on the strings. I blink and glance at him, returning to my senses as the violet reurns to my eyes.

The following morning, as usual, the Ishtars are the first up. I'm still fast asleep, snoring loudly. Sleeping naked because I need new clothes, so I'm saving them for when I need them. My eyes flicker open. I get up, washed and dressed. Tea wants to take me shopping and show me the city. We leave the others in the mobile home and walk there. Tea's got her arm wrapped around mine and grins broadly. I have my hands in my pockets and my guitar on my back. Wearing black eyeliner, a fingerless glove one one hand, an armwarmer on the other arm, ripped leather bootcut trousers covering huge combat boots covered in buckles and a black T-Shirt with leather straps across it.

I buy some new clothes. Tea buys some too. We return to the mobile home for dinner. There's a programme on the TV. A news report. I recognise the area. It's Egypt. The reporter is in a palace, a large palace, near the Nile. She steps into a room, carrying a microphone and babbling on. I look beyond her. There's a throne, priceless amounts of gold and jewels, the walls carry the scars of a thousand storms, there's dried blood on them and the floor. I follow bloody paw prints with my eyes. I stop, narrowing teary orbs. There on the floor. There they are. Shattered spines, cracked skulls, splintered ribs.

I begin to shudder, hiding my face as clear beads of sorrow tumble down my cheeks. I break down. Yugi asks what's wrong and they all try to talk to me. I shrug them off and stagger to my room. Throw myself onto my bed and bury my head in a pillow. I sob loudly. Sorrow and fury rage through my mind. I find myself screaming into the pillow between long moments of weeping noisily. It's all my fault. I should have protected them with the power from the Millennuim Puzzle.

"Pharaoh! We need to get to the tomb now!" Marik shouts. "GET OUT HERE AND FACE THEM LIKE A MAN!"
He'll never understand. He's never been through what I have. I'm not leaving at his command.
"GET UP!" he roars.
"Marik, stop," Ishizu barks.
"GET UP NOW!"
"You should neve anger a vampire! Brother listen to me!" she exclaims.

"COME IN HERE AND ATTACK ME, BAT-BOY!!!"
I quickly burst into the room and grab him by the collar. My wings are spread wide and held high, my fangs have doubled in size and my fingernails are now claws. I glare like a raging bull. We're almost nose-to-nose. He can feel my cold breath over his face. My eyes burn a firey red. "Is that a threat?" I growl. My voice is deeper and rougher. I sound like a monster from a horror movie. I narrow my eyes. "Because if it is, I can personally see to it that you never see the light of day again. I can rip your head off and tear you limb from limb, whilst wallowing in your blood." I say the last sentance deliberately slowly.
"It's not a threat! It's not a threat! It's not a threat!" Marik squeaks, shaking his head vigerously.

"Liar," I spit, baring my fangs.
Yugi struggles to try and hold me back. "Enough!" he yells.
I drop the quivering human and toss Yugi aside. "I hope you burn in hell," I grunt. I return to the safety of my room and slam the door behind me.
"I warned you," Ishizu scowls, lifting her shaken sibling up.
"What was that?" Tea breathes.
"That," Ishizu notes. "Is the true wrath of a vampire,"

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

perfectpureblood on April 17, 2007, 7:19:29 AM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodOooo! I love that last line! soooo cool! awesome chapter, as usual!! ^^ do not anger vampire Atem! ^^ keep it up!

fairywarrioress on April 14, 2007, 7:57:10 PM

fairywarrioress on
fairywarrioressWHoa!
Slow down ther Atem! ^^

That was a really good chapter - neat job :)

I always enjoy reading ur new stuff =D

yafoolin on April 14, 2007, 3:33:03 PM

yafoolin on
yafoolinGreat chapter please continue this story