Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 32 - Anubi

meh...

Chapter 32 - Anubi

Chapter 32 - Anubi
“I found this,” Yugi says holding up a small piece of plastic. “It’s the latest in high-tech learning. If we put this on the Pharaoh, he'll understand us and speak English too.”
“What are the side effects?” Tea asks.
“Where did you get that?” Ishizu adds.
“Grandpa gave it to me. He said I might find a use for it someday,” Yugi replies. “If you don’t trust me, then we don’t have to-”
“We are going to use it...but only if you get him up and put it on him,” Marik grins.


Yugi tip-toes into my room, holding the plastic chip in a clenched fist. I’m in a scruffy state, after last night’s share of flashbacks and nightmares. My hair is messy, the covers are in a heap on the floor along with the pillows and I’m hanging half way off the edge of the bed. I have smudged eyeliner across my face. My claws and teeth have gone, just my wings remain. I snore loudly. Yugi approaches quietly and braces himself. The human quivers as I stir, moaning and giving a sudden punch at an invisible foe.


He freezes as I start to slide off the bed. Fortunately, I stop myself by grabbing the bed and pulling myself up. I turn over and curl up under the warmth of my wings. Yugi walks over to me and carefully taps me on the shoulder. I groan in response, screwing up my face. He talks to me in that strange language of his. I can’t figure out a word he’s saying. I stretch out -shuddering and yawning as I do so- and several bones click in my legs and arms. I press my palms over my eyes.


My head hurts. I want to sleep, but can’t because of nightmares, flashbacks and now Yugi! CURSES! Yugi suddenly presses something against my arm. I gasp. Suddenly, my mind is being filled with new words, new phrases, a new language. It’s like being in a room full of people talking. My headache progresses. I screw my eyes shut, clench my teeth. “Stop it!” I snap. Yugi lets go. The plastic falls onto the floor. “What was that?” I breathe.
“You did it!” Yugi smiles. “You did it! You learnt English! It worked!”
“What?” I mumble.


"Hey look," Tea smiles, pointing to an ad in a newspaper. "Band auditions!"
She beams at me.
"No," I grunt.
"But, you're really good at guitar! I bet you would do well in a band. Your voice would be good too," she says.
"No!" I say louder.
"Aw, come on, you're gorgeous and talented!"



I find myself in a hall, with the humans, on a stage, with musical instruments. Tea sings 'The Phantom of The Opera'. I'm forced to play along and sing as the Phantom. I can't help it! It's a favourite song! I put on a scary tone. We then do 'Wish I had an angel' by Nightwish. The judges are impressed. Days pass. Weeks. We've quickly become a popular touring tribute band, something I had never thought possible in my condition. Changed my hair. Down, to my shoulders, slightly wavey.


We're on the tour bus, cooling down after a great gig. Tea keeps fiddling with my hair as I lie stretched across the seats. I bat her off.
"What?" she smiles.
"Stop it!" I mutter.
"Why?"
"Because you were going to put my hair up and make me look like a girl," I mumble.
Tea smirks. "How did you know?"


"You do it every time," I grin. She runs her fingers through my hair. "No!" I clamp my hands over my head and try to move away. She chuckles and puts the headband away. I cup her face in my hands and she looks up at me. We stare into each other's eyes for a moment, drowning in each other's core. We close our eyes and move closer. Our lips finally meet. We both blush. A first kiss. I finally pull back. She stares into my face, azure eyes glistening in the light.
"I..." she breathes.
"Sorry..." I say quietly, sensing her feelings.
"No," she says softly. "Don't be,"
Tea returns the kiss, leaving me sitting there, still. I kissed her. The vampire clans will no longer accept me. They'll want to slay me. I'm doomed. Damned and doomed.


Human scientists are after me. I run across the rooftops, sprinting, panting, running for my life. I gasp. I'm nearing a dead end, the edge of the building. My leg pangs uncomfortably. I reach the edge, leap up, yelling. Spread my wings, glide down to a lower roof. I land on my bad leg, lose my balance with the pain and tumble across. The scientists are in a helicopter, catching up. I curse harshly and pull myself up quickly. I run to the edge again, jump off. No! My wings are tangled in chains, thrown from the helicopter. "WOOOOAAAAH!" I shout, the chains pulling me down faster than I had expected. I struggle. The chains snag at my black feathers. Falling faster. Feathers fluttering over the streets below. I finally break free, wings bursting to their full span. The humans under me duck. I swoop up.


I fly back to our hotel. Make a pathetic landing: turn into a bat, get through the window and slide across the floor, returning to my human form. "What did I tell you about going out alone with your wings out?!" Tea scolds.
"Uh..." I grimace.
The scientists spot me. I switch into a wolf and sit like an obedient dog. Yugi spins round and notice them. He quickly turns to me. "Um..." he pets me. "Good puppy!"
I pull a face as he rubs his hand all over my head and ears, like a toddler. Now I know why Grandpa won't let him keep pets! The humans move on in their helicopter. I growl at Yugi. Resume my teenage human form again. Yugi's ruffling my hair like mad. "Yugi," I grumble.
"Huh?" he opens his eyes and looks down. "Oh!" His ruffling grinds to a halt. "Heh...Heheh..." He tries to redo my hair, but I shove him off.


Another night, another gig...!
We're all sweating. Nearing the end of our performance. The crowds scream at us for more. My hair is wet with sweat. I'm arched over my guitar, playing hard, one foot on a speaker, throwing my head madly. Tea sings beautifully. Yugi plays bass, jumping up and down ont his toes to the beat. Marik drums. I step back, throwing my hair back, out of my face. The girls shriek at me, reaching desperately. I sing with Tea.


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

perfectpureblood on May 10, 2007, 1:18:42 AM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodlove all of it! ^^
love the idea of the chip to make he learn English. awesome that he's in a band! fantastic that him and Tea are together cause they're my fav pairing! ^^ and I really want to know what happens with these scientists!
haha! ^^ love the whole turning into a puppy and Yugi ruffling his hair! lol. :D

yafoolin on April 27, 2007, 10:06:49 PM

yafoolin on
yafoolinGreat chapter can't wait for the next one

fairywarrioress on April 27, 2007, 8:29:29 PM

fairywarrioress on
fairywarrioressThat was awesome!!
I love Atem's new style :)
It suits him :P

Yeyness for goth/emo/vampire/werewolf/bat Atem!!

=^^=