Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 34 - Leave Out All The Rest

meh...

Chapter 34 - Leave Out All The Rest

Chapter 34 - Leave Out All The Rest
We finally get to the tomb. It's full of demons. They're munchimg on mummies. We jump straight in and attack. I grab ancient swords and strike furiously. I raise thye blade above my head as the beast squirms beneath me. I bring it down, drive it through the heart. Tea is cornered.
"Tea!" I yell, throwing the sword. It spins toward the demon, then stabs its back. It spins round and comes after me. It has the head of a wolf and the wings of a bat. Perfect. I bet I could show it a lesson. I jump onto its back and bite down on its ear. It pins them back and crouches, tail between its legs. It whimpers. Now that it knows who's boss, I get off and take the chance to kill it.


The tiles beneath me give way. I fall through the gap, to the gloomy floor below. Tea falls after me. My wounds just about heal themselves before I leap up and grab her, spreading my wings. I touch back down with her in my arms and place her safely on the ground. She thanks me with a kiss. I return it.
"Hey! Stop playin' tonsil tennis in public! Sheesh...kids these days..." an old man yells from the shadows.
"Where...?" Tea looks round anxiously.


I raise my nose slightly and scent the air. I open my mouth, taste the air, frown and turn my head to my left.
"What are you lookin' at, ya hairy toothpick?!" the man shouts.
I snarl and pounce onto him and raise my clawed, furry, right hand, ready to strike.
"Whaddya want from me, punk? A razor for your arm, maybe?!"
I press my free hand into his throat, baring my extended fangs and growling.
"Sorry!" he chokes, waving his hands.


"Pharaoh, get off him, now!" Tea barks, stalking over.
I turn to glance at her over my shoulder. My features soften. Her innocence causes me to melt. I turn back to the man and toss him away. Tea helps him up, appologising for my attack. The old man has a tuft of grey hair on his head and a long white beard. He wears a cloth tied around his waist and seems to see the sarcastic side of life.
"Sorry about that," Tea says.
"Don't you worry, missy. I suggest ya keep your lads under control. I coulda taught him a lesson though..." he shakes his fist at me.
I narrow my eyes at him and let a hiss escape my lips.


"I'm really sorry," Tea repeats.
"Sorry?! He nearly killed me!" the man yelps.
"It's just his...nature," she says.
"Oh, yeah? What's his problem?"
"Um...it's a desease. He got it from...his brother," she lies.
I haven't even got a brother. I hope this old man doesn't know me!


He stares at me for a while then hobbles over, quickly.
"Oh! I know you!" his face light up.
DAMMIT! I slap a hand over my face and turn away. I should have known. I know him well.
"You're Atem! How could you attack your poor old Uncle Ankhan??"
I roll my eyes and try to walk away. He grabs my arm and pulls me back.


"I take back everything I said," Ankhan grins. "I hope you and this young lady aren't causing too much trouble,"
"I-"
"What have you done to your hair, ya scruffy little asp?" he takes a hand full of my hair and inspects it like an ape during social grooming.
I get annoyed and glower at him.
"Your hair's quite long, mind if I-"
I clamp my hands over my head and shuffle away. I remember what happened last time he gave me a bad haircut. Tea giggles.
I hear the humans above screaming.
"Let's go!" I grab Tea and my uncle. I run towards the pile of rubble that we slid down and take flight. I land perfectly and drop them at my sides. The beasts spot me. "Move!" I splutter, leaping out of the path of a raging bull-headed zebra. The humans huddle together in a corner.


I'm thrown into a pile of rubble. I slide from the stone and fall onto the floor, unconscious. The rocks begin to shake, then collapse on top of me. Tea gasps, teary-eyed. The statues of Anubis either side of her come to life, guarding the debris that I'm buried under. the demons approach, but they drive their spears through them. They cross their spears over, blocking the way to me. Tea and Yugi are allowed through. They dig frantically. The Ishtars keep the demons busy with the help of the jackal-headed Gods.


Blood spurts all over the place. There are screams, yells, roars, growls, snarls and snaps. They finally uncover me. Tea pulls me out. I cough and splutter, finding my feet as she and Yugi try to steady me. I insist I'll be fine, but they won't listen. I need to help the others, but the won't let me.
"I'm all-" I break into another coughing fit.
"You're not okay!" Yugi shouts over the chaos. "We need to get you out of here,"
Tea rushes to help Marik and Ishizu.


I toss Yugi off. He grabs me again.
"Let me go!" I snap.
"You'll die! They have silver stakes hidden between their teeth! I've seen them!" Yugi yells.
"Then it's a battle worth dying for," I growl. "They need help! These monsters can control magic beyond your knowlege!"
"You're-"
"NO! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO SHOULD STAY OUT OF THE WAY!" I roar, eyes wide and a sizzling shade of red.


I elbow him in the gut. He bends over, yelping in pain. I charge into battle, taking flight as I transform into my strongest form. the fight rages on for another hour or so. I can't find Tea. She's lost in a sea of beasts. Marik gets knocked into a stone tablet. It glows at his touch and suddenly the demons are gone. Tea lies on the floor in a pool of blood. Her skin is a grey-blue colour. Her chest doesn't rise and fall and her eyes are closed. I land roughly beside her and return to my normal state. I drop down beside her, gaping. Speachless. Silence. Yugi cowers away. The Anubis statues take their places and turn back into stone.


Tears drip onto the sandstone tiles, staining them. I hold Tea in my arms, plant a final kiss on her cold lips, draw blood from her neck and sup at it, then gently put her back down. Sorrow is replaced with rage. My fangs extend. I tremble, slowly glancing up at Yugi. I glare wildly, clenching my teeth. My eyes are on fire. Shaking with fury. I stagger to my feet, hair covering my face, looking down.



Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

perfectpureblood on May 30, 2007, 9:21:45 PM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodlove his uncle! he's a great character! :)

but no! Tea won't die, she'll come back as a vampire, right? right?? :(

fairywarrioress on May 21, 2007, 3:36:07 AM

fairywarrioress on
fairywarrioressOh my god
You are so awesome at writing
I seriously nearly cried at the end - thats so sad, Tea cant die!
Atems gonna go crazy now!

You really paint a perfect picture, i pretty much saw it happening :)

yafoolin on May 20, 2007, 4:40:58 AM

yafoolin on
yafoolinOh no Tea can't be dead