Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 35 - Highschool Never Ends

meh...

Chapter 35 - Highschool Never Ends

Chapter 35 - Highschool Never Ends
Disgussions. We have to head back to the city. Have to fit in like everyone else and try to act normal so the scientists don't find us. Have to go to school and rent out a flat. Ishizu becomes more like a mother to us all. Her and Marik keep the house in order while Yugi and I are at school. I pass my arm off as a skin condition. Pretend the bottles of blood are medication. Tea's alive, recovering in hospital. Thankfully, she woke up and stopped me killing Yugi. She should be coming home soon.


"So, what's next?" Yugi asks, strolling along at my side down the corridor.
He wears a blue jacket, white shirt, white and red trainers and black trousers. He has a brown backpack. I wear a black hooded jacket, a black T-Shirt with a scruffy look to it (rips, rough stitches, chains hanging from it, mesh seen through rips), black trousers covered in chains and pockets with straps crossed over the back, and my all important gothic combat boots with buckles and yet more chains. I wear my spiky dog collar and eyeliner that lookes like someone ran a finger from it down my cheeks (think Benji Madden from Good Charlotte!! ;)). I have a black satchel across my body.
"History," I mutter.
"Aww...We got a test," he moans.
"What's it about?" I frown, having forgotten all about the test and visited Tea instead of studying.
"The Romans, duh!" he says cooly.
"Oh..."


We reach the classroom and take our seats at the back of the class. Yugi delves into his bag under the table and pulls out a pencil case. I slip a pen out of my pocket.
"Hey!" someone hisses.
I spin round. It's Ren. He taunts me some times and makes fun of my fashion sense. He thinks I'm a mutated wolf. He's overwieght, has red hair, green eyes, a smug grin and freckles. He's also quit big-headed and thick. He cheated his way into this group; top group. I'm in top group for everything but maths. I hate maths.
"I'm gonna beat you, skinny wolf-zombie." Ren sneers.
I narrow my eyes and growl softly.


"You can start your tests now," Mrs. Rago nods over her book. She's got brown hair, always in a tight bun. She's always reading something. I don't know how she still manages to mark all of our work and finnish the latest 7 novels in an hour.
I turn back to my desk. There's a piece of lined paper, my pen and a sheet explaining what I have to do. I have to write an essay about Roman history. I rest my head in my palm as I begin the most boring essay of my school life so far. I'm actually right-handed. Despite my claws and paw, I still manage to keep my handwriting neat. I get through two peices if paper, both sides. Ren's still struggling to understand the joined handwriting on his stolen papers under the desk.


The bell rings. My wrist aches. That's what you get fro writing non-stop for a whole lesson.
"Put your pens down," Mrs. Rago puts her book down - for once.
We all put our pens down and sit up, sighing in relief. People start to mutter.
"Ahem!" she scoffs loudly.
The class fall silent again. "That bell is a signal for me that it is the end of the lesson, and not you. Now, when I collect your papers in, you may pack away,"
She collects our work and returns to her book. We pack away and stand behind our chairs. I sling my bag over my shoulder. Ren shoots me a glare. I return it. Mrs. Rago scans our tests and clears her throat again.


"Your marks are as follows..." she announces. "Marko, C, Natali, A-..."
She reaches the end of the scores.
"Atem, A, Ren, F,"
"HA!-" I slap a hand over my mouth.
Everyone stares at me.
"Well, you can go now," Mrs. Rago turns a page in her book.


It's hometime already. Time for a walk back to the flat. I turn my mobile phone on and play some of my favourite, heavy tracks at full volume, and put it in my pocket. Yugi winces. "How can you listen to that all day?"
"Because I like it," I say. "It's better than all that crap everyone else is obsessed with..."
"Did you know, acording to gothic slang, you're a Baby Bat?" he folds his arms.
"Ooh...someone's done their homework," I roll my eyes. "Did you not think I already knew?"
"You knew? I thought-"
"I was told all of their terms by this kid who knocked on my door, just before I bit him..."


Yugi's jaw drops.
"A vampire's got to survive some how," I grunt.
"Did the demons make you a vampire?" he asks quietly.
I lean against the wall, put my hands in my pockets and stare at the ground. I ignore the question, instead I sing along to my phone.
"Love song, for the dear departed, headstone, for the broken hearted..."
He can see I'm not in a good mood. I haven't been since he stopped me helping Tea.


We get back to the flat. Tea's there, waiting for me. The first thing we do is kiss. I shizu begins to talk about demons being sighted near by. We freeze and listen, tense. I stand behind Tea, with my hands in her pockets, my head rests on her shoulder. She has a hand on mine, the other at her side. Yugi keeps giving us sideways glances and Marik writes everything down.
"There's an old church down the road. It's supposed to be home to a rogue vampire that is controling demons," Ishizu says grimly.


Babysitting...My long lost cousin, Kaylee. I hate her.
"Move!" I grunt. Kaylee's lying across the sofa.
She pokes her tongue out at me. She's four.
"I want to sit down, now move!" I growl.
"No!" she grins.
"Fine, then," I fold my arms, turn round and sit on her.
"Hey!" she squirms.


"I don't care," I say.
"You stink!"
"Come to think of it, your breath does smell like something died," Yugi shrugs at me.
"So do you,"
"I hate you!"
"I hate you too,"
"Kaylee, shut up. Pharaoh, grow up," Tea says loudly. The phone rings and she answers it.


"Atem's got girl's hair!" Kaylee announces.
"No I haven't!" I snap.
We continue to throw insults at each other.
"And I thought the Pharaoh was the most mature of us," Marik sighs.
"Pharaoh!" Tea breathes. "They need you at the chruch! There are monsters!"
"I wanna come!" Kaylee pipes up.
"No, Kaylee. It's too dangerous. Stay here," I say swiftly, trying to hide the sword hanging from the belt I'm fastening around my hips.


"Are you sure you wanna do this alone?" Tea asks quietly, as I open the door.
I sigh. "Yes,"
"Good luck," she nods.
We exchange kisses and I set out as quickly as possible. I hate churches. As you've probebly guessed, vampires stay away from religion. Thedemons are ready and waiting. One snaps hungrily at me. I bare my fangs as they double in size. I charge, sword raised, toward the nearest beast. It's the zebra again. My pace quickens as I draw closer. I swiftly swing the blade. Sliced into two halves, the demons drops onto the floor, dead. I work my way through the group, slashing and hacking them down. I gain wounds.


I bite, scratch and stab. It seems to have worked on most of them. It rains through smashed glass windows and the shattered roof. The last one. It looks like some kind of mutated elf. It swings for me. I jump out of the way, grabbing a book and throwing it at the monster. The book does nothing but anger it. A wooden stake is launched at my heart. The steak pierces my chest, millimeters away from my heart. I yell in pain and pull it out, throwing it away. The demon picks me up. It has a rib-crushing grip. It sends me hurdling into a wall. My sword snaps. My wings unfold, my claws sharpen, I open my jaws as wide as possible and let out a huge snarl. The demon scrieches. We clash into each other. It grasps my throat. My jaws are wide open. We're almost nose to nose, raoring down each other's throats. I kick it hard in the gut. It squeaks and drops me. I leap back up and onto it. Shaking as I snarl at it. I think my jaws my snap. I lunge forward and bite into its neck. It chokes. I sever its throat. Blood spurts from its viens. It stiffens and, at last, dies.


I'm exhausted. My wounds are throbbing. I can't walk back home. I'll have to imrovise...I transform into a bat and flutter through a broken window. I have to wait to fully heal. (Demons have the same effect as vampires) Until then, I'll have to rest. I get back to the humans. Don't want Kaylee to see me like this. She must never know my dark secret. I fly in through my open bedroom window. I change back to my humanoid form and close the window. I carefully peel my ripped T-Shirt from my chest, trying to keep the wincing as quiet as possible. I manage to get it off. I flop onto my bed and let my eyes close.


"Are you sure he's not sick?" Yugi asks Ishizu. She nods.
"He's been sleeping for ten hours already!" Tea says worriedly. "I can't take this!"
She bursts into my room and gasps. As I've been sleeping, the wound in my chest has bled. The white sheets on the bed are blood stained. My chest rises and falls feebly. Tea sobs, hiding her face behind trembling hands. "Why didn't you tell us?"
"I...I c-couldn't let K-Kay-"
She shakes her head and turns away. Ishizu and Marik try to help me. My eyes slide shut again.
My mouth hangs open. My fangs extend. Tea steps back. Demons. More demons. I. Hate. Demons.

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

perfectpureblood on June 5, 2007, 6:14:07 AM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpurebloodhaha! love this bit! "Atem, A, Ren, F". "HA!-" I slap a hand over my mouth. :D lol!! and "Atem's got girl's hair!" Kaylee announces. "No I haven't!" I snap. LOL! ^.^
you have some fantastic lines in yours stories.
really effective last line, and just great chapter!! ^^

IluvAtem on June 6, 2007, 12:40:07 AM

IluvAtem on
IluvAtemlol
Thankies! *glomp* ^^

perfectpureblood on June 6, 2007, 1:15:39 AM

perfectpureblood on
perfectpureblood^^ your very welcome! :)

yafoolin on June 2, 2007, 7:05:44 AM

yafoolin on
yafoolinAwesome chapter

IluvAtem on June 2, 2007, 7:47:27 PM

IluvAtem on
IluvAtemthank you! ^^

fairywarrioress on June 2, 2007, 7:42:29 PM

fairywarrioress on
fairywarrioressWhoa!!
That was a wiked chapter - That stupid kid Ren is gonna get the @$$ kicking of a life time!!

Me: KYAAAAAA!! *karate kick*
Ren: *screams like a girl* AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

IluvAtem on June 2, 2007, 7:46:52 PM

IluvAtem on
IluvAtemlol
Nice move!

BrazillianPaula13 on June 2, 2007, 6:55:37 AM

BrazillianPaula13 on
BrazillianPaula13Cool!