Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Episode 3 - Duel to DA!

Ryuu is moving up in the dueling world, on his way to the famous Duel Academy. But now, as great evil's plans are finally revealing, can Ryuu figure out the connection between his mysterious dreams and his role in this dark plot?

Chapter 3 - Episode 3 - Duel to DA!

Chapter 3 - Episode 3 - Duel to DA!


Episode 3! I finally got to making it! Well, here it is, the pulse pounding conclusion of the match against the powerful.....frog duelist -_-'. Okay, maybe the way it sounds is a little...pathetic, but what can I say? I mean, do you know how hard it was to find a way to win with only 4000 LP?! I have gone over this awhile, because by just using Des Croaking would leave you 2300 LPs in a normal 8000 LP standard, but with 4000...It's over. Anyway, Expect Kawazu to make a reappearance, you can count on it. Also, some are thinking if Derek has a deck or not. Well he does, actually, and it's really a token deck. Hehe, a token deck? Well I assure you, this deck does pack a punch, but can only be revealed in a future epsiode...well, enjoy the episode ^_^!

Ryuu felt like he had played into Kawazu's hands as he stood there, grinning. "Fine...I'll just place two card face down." said Ryuu as a two cards lay in front of him. "My turn!" yelled Kawazu as he drew his card, Ryuu preparing for his next move. "I'll play Graceful Charity!" and as he spoke, and angel appeared in the middle of the field, carrying a shiny, white light in the palm of her hands. "What does it do?" asked Ryuu nervously. "What it does, is it give me three cards," the angel's white light poured down upon Kawazu's deck, disappearing among his cards, "then I have to discard 2!" Kawazu drew his 3 cards, while 2 cards in his hand started to change to black. Kawazu discarded the two cards and smirked. "You're in for a real surprise kid! First, I'll activate my Call of the Haunted to bring back my Des Frog*att:1900/def:0*!" The card in front of Kawazu revealed itself and smog started to drift from it. The smog headed for Kawazu's graveyard, and soon enough, a giant frog had appeared on the field. "But that card wasn't in your graveyard!" yelled Ryuu furiously as Froggy shivered on his shoulders. "It was in my graveyard when I discarded my cards due to the effects of Graceful Charity, fool! I used it's effect for bait!" The frog started croaking loudly, and Ryuu muttered a curse under his breath. "It doesn't matter if you attack anyway, because if you do, then my D.D. Assailant will be removed from play, along with the card that destroyed it!"

"That's why I have I have this planned! I activate the spell Evolution Cycle!" Froggy started to jump wildly up and down, while the frog on the field started to lower itself. "What's going on?!" asked Ryuu as he noticed the frog starting to struggle. Kawazu started laughing, while the frog gave a push. A round, sticky egg was shaping from the backside of the frog, plopping down to the ground. "That's disgusting!!" yelled Derek looking away as Sayiko contained herself from throwing up. "Say what you want," yelled back Kawazu, "but It'll be the end of Ryuu! You see, Evolution Cycle can only be activated if there's already a Des Frog on my field. Once activated, my friend here lays an adorable little egg, and by discarding one card from my hand, I can special summon one T.A.D.P.O.L.E. from my hand to the field!" The egg started to glow and crack, as a round shape swirled around inside the egg. A monster hatched from the egg and plopped itself right beside the Des Frog. "Now watch as my little Tadpole evolves into an adult frog, because in return for the card I discarded, I get to pick one Des Frog my deck, and add it to my hand!" Sayiko started to gasp and Derek gave uneasy looks towards his friends. "What's the matter, Sayiko?" he asked as Sayiko's eyes filled with worry. "Don't you get it? Kawazu hasn't even summoned yet, and now he has a new monster for summoning!"

"That's right, Sayiko! And now I'll sacrifice my T.A.D.P.O.L.E. to summon my second Des Frog!" As Kawazu spoke, the giant tadpole quickly sprouted legs and arms, it's eyes getting rounder, it's color changing from black to green. Both frogs started croaking happily, while Froggy took refuge behind Ryuu, who at this point was confused why the frogs were croaking so much. "What's going on? Why won't those things shut up already?!" he said, covering his ears from the annoying sound. Kawazu started tapping his foot to the tune of his frogs croaking and said, "Once a Des Frog is successfully tribute summoned, I get to special summon a Des Frog from my deck to the field for every T.A.D.P.O.L.E. card is in my grave!" Ryuu grunted as a new frog jumped from Kawazu's deck to the field, all three frogs happily jumping together. "So that's why you tricked me into attacking your monster!" he said angrily, glaring at his opponent. "I wasn't expecting to draw my Evolution Cycle magic card, but my initial plan was to get all three Des Frogs on the field, and now they're here!" A card in Kawazu's hand started to glow, as all three of the Des Frogs lined up in a row. Derek vaguely remembered this sort of play and finally realized Kawazu's final assault. "Ryuu, if he plays a certain magic card, it's all over!" he called to his friend. Kawazu, ignoring what Derek said, raised his card and placed it into the slot. "I play Des Croaking! This powerful magic card destroys ALL cards on your field, but it can only be activated with all three Des Frogs on the field!"

"No it can't be!" gasped Ryuu as he started shivering, "You planned this all along!" Kawazu nodded his head and laughed, but Ryuu stood still with his head down. "It's over!" he said as his frogs glared at Ryuu. "Wait just a second..." yelled Ryuu, interrupting Kawazu's play. "You didn't let me finish..." he paused a minute, and raised his head, smirking. "You planned this...but I had plans too!" Derek and Sayiko gave a sigh of relief as Kawazu became nervous. "You're bluffing! I don't believe you!" he screamed furiously, his heart beating fast. Ryuu looked behind him to see Froggy cower in fear. He smiled and picked him up onto his shoulder; if it wasn't for him, no one would have told him Kawazu's move at the last minute! "I'm afraid not Kawazu, I activate a trap, and not just any trap, It's called Seal of the Forbidden Spell, and what it does is negate your spell card as long as I discard a spell from my hand!" Ryuu sent Fissure to the grave, and all of the frogs on the field settled down, while Kawazu started cursing loudly. "You may have escaped this time, but there are still two more Des Croaking I can use!" said Kawazu after finally settling down. Ryuu started laughing this time, his companion happily croaking his cheerful tune on his shoulder. "Don't you get it? When Seal of the Forbidden Spell is activated, the magic card I negated is no longer allowed to be played!"

"No, it can't be!" gasped Kawazu as a giant seal formed around his feet. Derek cheered loudly for his best friend while Sayiko stood there amazed; this sort of thing wasn't really expected by Ryuu. "I can't believe he actually sent Kawazu's combo crashing down...I even have trouble with that move." Derek turned to Sayiko and smiled. "That's my best friend for ya! He's full of surprises! Even for me!" Derek continued cheering while Sayiko joined him, a proud look striking across Ryuu's face. "What are you two cheering about?! Don't you know that the damage I'll cause in my battle phase is just enough to finish this game?!" said Kawazu, his face changing to his usual grin. Derek and Sayiko stopped cheering, but Ryuu continued to wear his triumphant look. "Then attack Kawazu! Give me what you got!" he ordered, his friends standing at the side lines, confused. Kawazu thought Ryuu was bluffing, or that he wanted the game to be finished with. Finally, he gave an uneasy look and said, "Fine, I'll attack you! Go Des Frog! Show D.D. Assailant what you're made of!" One of the frogs gave a loud croak before lashing it's tongue towards D.D. Assailant. Ryuu braced himself and said, "Not so fast, Kawazu! I play my trap Sakuretsu Armor! It destroys any attacking monster during the battle phase! Especially that Des Frog of yours!"

Spikes formed from the armor of D.D. Assailant, sticking through Des Frog's tongue. She gripped the long tongue with both hands, pulling with all her might, sending the giant frog flying right towards her. She pulled out her long sword and stuck it out in front of Des Frog's path, the giant amphibian slicing through her blade, and then disappearing. "You may have stopped my first attack, but here comes my next attack! Finish off D.D. Assailant for good this time!" ordered Kawazu. The second frog gave a louder croak than the last frog, right before lashing out its longer tongue. D.D. Assailant jumped, attempting to dodge it, but the tongue retreated back to Des Frog's mouth. Finally, the frog gave out a painfully loud croak, forcing D.D. Assailant to cover her ears. After several seconds, D.D. Assailant could not take any more and ran towards Des Frog, latching onto its body once she reached Kawazu's field. She concentrated hard, closing her eyes, and opened a portal. In a desperate, ill-fated attempt in bringing down Des Frog, she threw Des Frog into the portal, jumping in along with it. "Of course, how could I forget your D.D. Assailant's special ability?" mumbled Kawazu miserably as Ryuu's LP count went down to 3800. He paused for a moment and remembered his final monster left on his field. "But I still have one last attack! Now, Des Frog! Put Ryuu in his place!" The frog gave out the loudest croak out of the three and lashed it's tongue towards Ryuu.

Ryuu was knocked off his feet once the long tongue made contact, his LP count lowering down to 1900. "One more attack from my Des Frog and your finished!" said Kawazu smugly. Ryuu stood back up, wiping the slop from his face. "I won't give you the chance, Kawazu!" He drew his card and held it to his hand. "Get ready! Because I'm playing the spell Brain Control! First, I pay 800 LPs to activate this card! Now I can control your monster until the end of the turn!" Froggy started to happily fly around Ryuu's body, singing his cheerful tune. "What's the big deal, there's not enough damage you can deal with my monster!" Ignoring this remark, Ryuu continued his play, his LP count going down to 1100. "Now I'll be taking your Des Frog!" he said, and as he spoke, dark, shady hands rose from his deck, shooting towards Kawazu's monster and grabbing it, sending it to Ryuu's field. "Don't worry about your precious frog! Worry about my monster, Cybernetic Magician*att:2400/def:1000*!" Kawazu gasped a second time, while Derek and Sayiko started cheering. "I sacrifice your Des Frog, for my Cybernetic Magician in attack mode!" Energy swirled round Kawazu's monster, engulfing it in a bright light. The light cleared after several minutes, and a magician with blonde hair wearing white robes and holding a small staff walked towards the center of the field. Kawazu stared into the cold, blue eyes of the creature in front of him and slowly backed away. "There's no escape, Kawazu! Now, Cybernetic Magician, finish Kawazu once and for all!" yelled Ryuu. Cybernetic Magician jumped into the air, the orb on his staff glowing, and pointed his staff straight at Kawazu, a stream of energy pouring into his body. Kawazu's LP count went down to 0, and the game was over.

"No! You cheated! You must have!" yelled Kawazu furiously. Both Derek and Sayiko ran to Ryuu' side, holding him up after collapsing from exhaustion. "You did awesome buddy!" said Derek cheerfully, lightly slapping his friend awake. Sayiko smiled, yet struggling to hold him up, and said, "A little too well, are you sure you didn't cheat?" Sayiko started covering her hands over her mouth to prevent herself from laughing, accidentally dropping him. She held him Ryuu back onto his feet, and finally stood, a little wobbly, but he managed to keep from falling. "I have to admit Kawazu..." he said muttering, "that duel really took a lot out of me...it was a good game." Kawazu walked towards Ryuu and pushed him back onto his bottom. "Shut up, you dueling reject! I don't wanna hear it from someone like you!" He said bitterly, and then walked off to class. He looked at the clock and noticed that first period was already over. "Kawazu! Ryuu!" called out a voice from the school entrance. Both Kawazu and Ryuu immediately turned their heads to face the principal. "Oh man, we are in so much trouble!"

"You will be, Kawazu! That is, of course, if you AND Ryuu get to my office immediately!!" He turned his back and walked towards the school office and into his own office. Ryuu looked to his friends, and got up, trailing along with Kawazu behind the principal, leaving Froggy to continue singing. Both Kawazu and Ryuu sat down in the chair in front of the principal's desk. "I'd like to have a word with you..." he said, putting away some papers marked "Transfer". "It appears that the duelists in the school are skipping the school's classes to duel." he slammed his fists on the desk, glaring at the two children in front of him. "May I remind you, that this is NOT a dueling school!!" he calmed himself down, and sat back down, taking out different papers marked "Transfer" and started filling it out. "Which is why we have developed a new program a while back to get rid of these duelists..." Both Kawazu's and Ryuu's heart sank, they were miserably awaiting the announcement of their expulsion. "Here's how it works: We carefully examine our students, picking out the strongest duelists. Once we have found our duelist, we transfer them."

"To where?" asked Kawazu, surprised he wasn't kicked out yet. The principal took out the other marked paper, and held out both of them for them to see. "Once we find the strongest duelist, we send them to the prestige dueling school of Duel Academy." Both Kawazu's and Ryuu's spirits rose, their eyes gleaming at the papers. "But wait, I have a few questions. First, why do you want me?" asked Ryuu. "Well, you weren't very fresh off the list...but over the past couple days, you seem to have proven me wrong. Plus, considering the current situation you have with your brother, you will be needing a real place to stay, and Duel Academy is a boarding school." Remembering his brother, Ryuu was ready to ask his second question. "About that, why wasn't my brother transferred? Didn't everybody know he was the best?" he asked as Kawazu started glaring at him. The principal sighed and said, "Yes, your brother was a fine example, smart, athletic, and a whiz at dueling...unfortunately, he turned the offer down. I believe he was too busy taking care of you." After hearing this, Ryuu lowered his head. After all that happened to them, it was his brother's big break of becoming a great champion, but he turned it down, just for him. "At first," he said after finally putting the papers down, "Sayiko was a top candidate for the transfer. Then you actually made your way to the top. Our next decision was Kawazu, but after watching the duel, I believe Ryuu stepped up in the ranks."

"Wait, you were watching our duel?!" asked Kawazu furiously, keeping in mind that Ryuu was the only thing in his way from achieving an ultimate school year. "Yes, and because I do feel that there is you may be able to go far, I have decided to send both of you to Duel Academy. Kawazu will not be needing an exam." he said as Kawazu's face started beaming. "That is because our staff has agreed he is a shoe in for Obelisk Blue, and the chancellor has agreed as well. Ryuu, however, you will need a dueling exam to determine which rank you belong in." Ryuu couldn't believe that he would have to leave his friends behind. He stood up from his chair, outraged. "Now hold up! I'm not going anywhere without my friends, Derek and Sayiko! If they don't go, I don't go! It isn't fair for Sayiko not to go just because of me! And Derek is an awesome duelist, he's always been there for me!" The principal starred into Ryuu's eyes, they were both glaring at each other. "Now listen here, Ryuu! It is my decision, why should I transfer your friends?!" he asked. Ryuu sat back down, giving an almost menacing grin, crossing his arms. "Fine, give up a perfectly opportunity to get rid of FOUR dueling students!"

Later that night, Ryuu was already undressed for bed. He went up towards Sayiko's door and knocked on it, remembering last time. "Thank goodness you knocked, come in!" called her muffled voice through the door. She was reading a book called "Seto's Achievements", lying on her bed. She looked up and saw her friend slowly creeping into the room, apparently he wasn't over the amount of numerous posters in the room. He sat down at the end of the bed, trying to keep his eyes off the different designs of the dozens of posters. "So what happened, are suspended or something? I was afraid you get expelled, considering the principal is an old wart who doesn't know how to have fun..." she asked, returning to her book. Ryuu happily nodded his head. "Well, I'm not going to be expelled, but I'm going to be transferred. So are you, Derek, and even Kawazu..." he said, ready to see the look on her face. She looked back up from her book, starring at Ryuu. "Where are we going?" she asked, her hands trembling while holding her book. "We're all going to Duel Academy!"

Well, what can I say? I wanted our friends to meet up with Jaden and the gang eventually, so I guess heading on over to the famous Duel Academy was the best way. Didn't think your own character would end up in DA in this fanfic, huh SetoAngel? XD! Which reminds me; anyone who wants to be in the fanfic, just say so ^_^! I could always use a few OC's, and even if you have an OC of your own, I could always use that too. Anyway, we may get to say hi to the GX gang, but there's way more ahead for our friends than the sacred beasts. Hehe, you'll just have to wait 'till the timing is right! Hope you guys liked it.


Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SetoAngel01 on April 24, 2006, 2:35:04 AM

SetoAngel01 on
SetoAngel01O_________O Ooh, Duel Academy, huh? Atticus is so hot... X3 I'm starting to have a thing for Kaiba's son now... LOL! Great chapter! ^^ Let me know when you have another one out. :3

Jozie-Chan on April 23, 2006, 3:33:59 AM

Jozie-Chan on
Jozie-ChanOMG YAY! D.A! that place rocks...and this story does too X3 *favs*

Kratosgirl14 on April 22, 2006, 7:10:28 AM

Kratosgirl14 on
Kratosgirl14great chapter! details were great and it was well work the wait :)

sis on April 22, 2006, 4:21:20 AM

sis on
sisAWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I mean WOW!!!!!!!!