Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Birth and the Beginning

An account of my Irken past...not much else to say. Readers say it is very vivid. But decide for yourself

Chapter 1 - Birth and the Beginning

Chapter 1 - Birth and the Beginning


Birth and the Beginning-



For as long as I can remember I have been an outcast, considered the weirdo, the one NO ONE wants to be around, the one claimed to be a malfunction, and accident. And in a way, I am. My name is Mira; I am 849 human years old, which isn't very long in my years anyway. I am from Irk, a planet housing a race that wants nothing but to conquer more land; a planet full of expansionists. We are the Irken Empire, and I want nothing to do with it. By blood I was created in a test tube, like every other Irken out there, minus a certain few born of capable Irken parents, but I won't get into that.

Even being a test tube baby, I was created unusually, almost as a toy. The Tallest, our leaders and over all supervisors, wanted to try to create something new. Not wanting to ask any breeding drones for assistance, they simply grabbed some DNA from the holding chambers and mixed a bunch together. They fed it through the processor, which is what computes to make a normal Smeet, and out comes a new test tube from the other end. It goes into main holding chamber to incubate.

The Tallest would watch me carefully, monitoring my movements, breaths, etc. I could feel them watching me, even in the very primitive stages of my incubation. I felt the presence of Tallest Red the most, for he seemed to keep a closer eye on me than the other. I could feel him speak to me at times, but being barely forming I could not understand most of what he said. Sometimes I could feel him mumbling to me for hours, simply talking. Despite not understanding, this was a comfort to me. Most Smeets are unconscious during development, but I could feel everything. The service drones passing by, the touch of hands at the glass that contained me.

Eventually after what is about 10 earth years of incubating, my tube was cracked. Both of the Tallest were there for my birth, as I opened my eyes for the first time I recognized the feeling of their presence. For a moment, I felt as though I would die, and a pink and grey pak was drilled into my back. I looked into the eyes of Purple for a moment. “NO, NO, NO!!! SHE NEEDS A BLACK ONE!!!” I heard him yell. “Look at her eyes…” I heard Red comment. I smiled, oblivious to the ruckus around me. Then I felt a sharp pain in my back, and the pak was taken and then replaced with a black and grey one. I looked to the mechanical arm whipping behind me and closed my eyes. A surge of power rushed through me as I crushed the arm, not even moving from my spot on the floor.

I watched the pieces fall to the floor as I grinned wide at the Tallest. They just stood there, watching me. Eventually I got up and began to walk around. I walked over to Red first, I giggled as he tried to pick me up, but I was to fast. I sprinted over to Purple, who just stared at me. “Her antennae are very long…” He commented. I sat on the floor in front of him, staring at my feet, smiling. Purple looked down and picked me up, cradling me. I was suddenly very tired and wanted to sleep, but just as I closed my eyes I looked through a window and saw a Smeet, pushing other Smeets out of the release chamber. His magenta eyes pierced me for a moment, and I nodded off.





~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~



This is just a test to see about writing my Irken history. I'll go ahead and write more. I just thought this would be a good place to stop. Comment if you like it, I'm not really used to writing in this format.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment