Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Unrequited Love

This was requested by a friend on dA who wanted a romance crossover fic with Dib and Molly after an rp we did. Molly finds herself face to face with a crazy person...

Chapter 1 - Unrequited Love

Chapter 1 - Unrequited Love
Unrequited Love

Started: 4/3/08


With any crossover, there's always a portal involved. Without such a portal, horrible things can happen..or rather, nothing particularly interesting would occur. That sentence was pointless as this one is. Instead, I'll just say Molly the Merbil was rudely thrown into a dimensional portal thingy and found herself in a totally new place upon going through. Before this story is over, Molly will have given serious thought to pummeling Milton for inventing the stupid thing. But I digress.

Once she was in a new dimension, the portal disappeared and ended up somewhere else, which was really not too far off, but she didn't know that. She looked around to get a better feel of the unfamiliar environment. There weren't so many differences between this world and the one she was in previously, but there were quite a few things she wasn't sure about...like why there was an overly excited boy standing above her. "Uh, what's your problem?" She said with a raised eye.

The boy didn't say anything at first; he just stood there grinning for a few seconds. "I'm Dib, and you're an alien!" Dib said, pointing toward her. Molly rolled her eyes and stood up. "And what makes you say that?" Molly sounded slightly annoyed; she had a similar problem back on Earth with a certain Lenore Parsley who saw right through her disguise. "Hm, I don't know...maybe it's because you're blue with giant eyes and a little pink nose...and don't even try telling me it's due to a skin condition," he replied, smirking. "Whatever. Hey, would this dimension happen to be Earth?" She asked, considering the possibility of two Earths. "I don't know about dimensions, but yeah, this is Earth. Why?" Dib said, somewhat confused. "Because I was pushed into a dimensional transporter. I've apparently come from one Earth to another," Molly grumbled. Dib wondered what the other Earth was like. He decided to pester Molly with questions. He was good at that.

"So, is everybody blue there, or is it just you? If you're the only one, are you an alien to them? Is there less pollution there? Do you know if I have a dimensional counterpart? Does Zim have one? What about the sky; is it just like this one? What's your technology like..." Dib babbled on, ignoring the fact that Molly was walking away from him. She was annoyed and decided to find someone less bothersome to help her get home. When Dib finally realized that his newfound "friend" had disappeared, he ran to catch up with her. She kept walking, trying to forget that he was there, but it was to no avail. She eventually stopped and turned to face him. "Look, I don't have time for your stupid questions. I have to find the portal that will take me back, and I'd rather not be here much longer."

Dib paused for a moment before saying anything. "Fine, if you're not gonna' answer my questions, can you at least tell me your name?" He replied without realizing he had asked yet another question. Molly rolled her eyes, but decided it was the most sensible thing that had escaped from his mouth, so she answered him. "It's Molly. Now will you leave me alone?" She pleaded. Her wish for Dib to depart held little value for him as he continued to stare at her and remain where he was. By giving him her name, Molly had officially become acquaintances with the boy. She didn't know that the next phase would involve him suddenly falling in love with her. As we all have come to learn, love at first sight is the most frequent kind. Dib couldn't even tell you the number of girls he's taken a liking to right after seeing them. "I think I love you," he said in the same tone one might say, "Pass the salt". His facial expression hasn't even changed. Molly backed up with a newfound terror of the boy. Was she in some kind of twisted dream she couldn't wake from?

"What??" Molly finally yelled. Dib took a step closer, taking Molly's hand as he did so. "I said I love you. Don't you love me too?" He said, his eyes beginning to water. If Molly didn't say yes, his heart would be broken forever and he would jump off a bridge after declaring his sadness to the world...at least that's what it looked like to Molly. She shook her head to rid herself of the images and opened her eyes to see Dib still gazing into her soul. She growled before yanking her hand away. "Of course I don't, you freak! We just met five minutes ago! Are you really that desperate for a girlfriend" She replied. Dib gasped in fear. "But why!? Why don't you love me anymore!? I've done everything for you! Don't you remember all the good times we've had?? We always had so much fun! What could have gone wrong??" He fell to the ground in a heap, sobbing uncontrollably.

Molly cringed and decided she had had enough of Dib and his insanity. She started to turn around and run, but Dib grabbed one of her legs and cried, "Don't go! Don't leave me! I love you! I neeeeed you!!" Molly screamed, shook him off, and ran for her life, not daring to look back. Her previous thoughts of finding the portal were forgotten for the time being. All she could think about was getting as far away from Dib as she possibly could

***


When Zim walked around to the back of his base, he saw a large, blue swirling thingy. "What's THAT!?" He yelled, pointing to the object. When no one answered him, he shrugged and went right in. The portal shimmered for a few seconds before there was a blinding flash of light as it disappeared into nothing.

The End

Christina Price, Age 19, 5/27/09, Wednesday, 2:04 A.M

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment