Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - pilot

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 2 - pilot

Chapter 2 - pilot
hello to all. This is a pilot of what is to come. Nothing really actiony happens until chapter 2-3. But right now you're meeting the main characters, and get to their back rounnd. If you don't like sword fights, slight ecchi hints, profanity, fist fights, kick boxing, demons, hethenism, homosexuals, diet coke, ramen, Yaoi, Wiccanism, Filipinos, Japanese, Koreans, African Americana, Europens, Native Americans, or girl talk in general stop reading and go to another story... but if you do, you'll miss all the action. critique, tell me if you liked it, or what was wrong with it. Or if you want to be added as a character. Plz comment. Thank-you and have a nice day.


chapter one: Peter says: Hello

"Oh my god!" said one girl. "It really works!"

"This is freaking me out!!" exclaimed another.

"Eek!" Another squealed. Jazmyn looked up from her book in interest. She sighed at the girls frenzyy over the answers they were recieving from Peter. None had really known peter, but that's not what really made them crazy. Peter was a psychic tarot reader... who answered questions through his website. She turned back to her book about astrology when a friend of hers came over.

Marilynn 'Mermaid' Mollane smiled grandly at Jazmyn. "Wanna ask Peter a question??"

"Not really." replied Jazmyn. "You know it's just some sort of trick right?" She looked at the blonde over the top of her book.

"Come on! It's just for fun Jazmyn!!" Before she could protest, Marilynn had already typed in a question. "What... Class... are .. we in?"

She hit enter. Half a minute later Peter replied, "Algebra-5th hour."

"Who am I standing next to?" Marilynn typed.

"Jazmyn." peter replied. This sparked her interest a little. "Lemme see your laptop, Mermaid."
Marilynn repositioned her computer so Jazmyn could type. "What is my middle name?"

....loading... loading... loading... Peter: Are you mocking me?

Jazmyn looked at the computer narrow eyed. "What color is my shirt?"

...loading... loading... loading... Peter: Keep making fun of me and I'm going to ignore you.

She turned to her friend. "Wow. That was really magical." Marilynn was called up to the teacher's desk to get her grade on a test. Jazmyn turned away from Marilynn then back to the computer.

Peter: Why do you want to know trivial things like your name and the color of your shirt? We'd like to get to know you. Little Jazmyn Lun.

Jazmyn withdrew from the keyboard. Her eyes watched as the entire screen filled up with the phrase, "Little Jazmyn Lun," over and over again. Then the letters fell from their lines onto the bottom of the screen, and reformed into a symbol. The capital letter V with 3 lines going horizontally through it. Then as Marilynn approached, the screen went off then turned back on, and went back to the internet browser. As if nothing had happened.

The Bell rang and everyone made it to their next class. Jazmyn walked down the crowded hallway, a little shaken up, but not too seriously. 'What was all that about??' She took a deep breath then walked into class. Her last hour class was an off cycle, so she sat quietly in the basement locker room. Something rattled in a locker. Jazmyn looked up from her tarot cards at the noise. She sat with her back against the wall, the cards laid out infront of her. Jazmyn pulled all the cards back into he deck, then shuffled them quickly.

The lockers rattled louder, then from the farthest end of the basement, a door flew open. It crashed against another door that was already open. Jazmyn shuffled her deck quicker, watching as the poltergeist tear the locker doors open. When it was only two lockers away, Jazmyn fanned out nine penacle cards, face up, around her. “Dream Technique 41: Shield!”

Jazmyn turned the fifth card sideways, trapping the ghost. ‘Show me your form, on which you have! Strip the veil of Illusion you have taken, and make my eyes able to see!’ It became visible to her, and standing before her was a large fiery wolf. It was black and had chains around it’s neck and wrists. Bright scarlet and burnt orange flames licked at the animal’s tail and around the chains.

A bright green mark was on its forehead. “Hmm…?” The power in the shield rippled as the Giant beast tried to bite through it. Then it smiled at her. Jazmyn yelped as the flaming-wolf began to devour her power. “Damnit!”

“Shield! Redirect-entrapment!” The shield’s power turned inward, surrounding the wolf in a globe. Jazmyn blindly pulled a card from the deck and held it out in front of her. The Midnight Sky card. “Purification spirit…Starlet.” The power poured out in a short burst, the tore through the wolf-spirit’s body, ripping out the negative energy. When all the negative energy was gone, a small puppy-spirit lay on the ground. It had a chain color and small embers around it’s paws. She lowered the globe and put out her hand for it. The fire wasn’t hot, in fact it was like fur itself.

* * *

“I’m expelled?!!!” she exploded, looking over the note. “But…! On what grounds!”

“These.” The Principal held up a deck of cards. Jazmyn’s tarot cards. “You’ve been warned Jazmyn Lun, first it was the palm reading, then the ‘Dream Stones’, then the books on Witchcraft--”

“Wiccan.” Jazmyn corrected under her breath.

“And now these Satanic symbols! How dare you bring these- these—things into St. Katerina’s!” The principal rubbed her temples. Her secretary walked in and dropped a thick envelope in her basket. “Hmm? Seems there’s something here for you.” She opened it. “Because of your perfect grades, Mercedes’ Academy for Girls has asked for you to enroll.” The principal smiled up at her. “Perfect timing don’t you think?”

* * *

“bar!” he yapped. Jazmyn gripped her back pack and suitcase nervously. “be quiet. This is all your fault. If I hadn’t run out of energy and fallen asleep on the floor… errr!”

“barrr!” The puppy moved around in her shoulder bag and stuck his head out of the pocket. “Barrrrrr!”

“Well, looks like I’m stuck with ya.” Jazmyn got up as the bus stopped, like many of the other girls and unloaded. She looked out at the school. It was huge. At least five stories tall, with a beautiful view of a flush forest and sparkling lake. She took out a camera and took a few snap shots of school and the forest, then the lake with the trees in the background. "Who knows? Maybe I'll like it here."

* * *

Jazmyn was met by a Senior who lead her to her dorm. She looked at the almost barren room. There were two dressers, a bathroom (mainly a toilet and a sink), a closet with four shelves and multiple hooks on back of the door, and two twin sized beds. One bed was pushed against the wall, and he other was next to the window.

A suit case and a army green bag were on the bed against the wall. Key chains with a ninja star and white eagle feathers hung from the zippers of both. And hand made name tags read off a girl’s name. “Christal ‘Chii’ Hyuuga.”

Jazmyn walked to the bed near the window and put her bags down. The puppy jumped out of the bag and shook. A flame jumped off its body and onto the mattress.

“Nraugh!!!” she used her sweater to beat the fire out. “How did this all come to it?!!”

“KONICHIWAAAAA!” shouted a voice. Jazmyn jumped and the puppy nearly fell off the bed. “Hiyas Roomie.”

Jazmyn turned to face the girl. She had brown skin, and black hair. Her eyes were a bluish silver, and she dyed two sections on her hair white to look like tentacles.

“My name’s Christal Hyuuga. You can call me Chii.” The girl extended her hand. Chii spotted the puppy. “So Kawaii! I don’t think you can keep him here though… You’re Jazmyn right?”

“Yeah, Jazmyn Lun.” She thumbed towards the puppy. “He’s not mine… I just found him.”

“Here! Let me give you a tour!” Chii grabbed her hand and they walked down the hall quickly.

Cafeteria, Gym, Pool, English Halls, Science Halls, Math Halls, Art Room A and B, the lake and….

“See that building waaaay waaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaay over there??” asked Chii pointing to a dot across the giant lake.

“Yeah, I think so.” Said Jazmyn, squinting.

Chii blushed wildly and giggled. “That’s Alejandro’s Academy for Boys.”

“Why are you laughing?” asked Jazmyn.

“Because her Hubby goes there.” Said a voice.

They turned to see another girl. She had straight brown hair and fair skin. Her eyes were weird. One eye was dark brown and the other was Mahogany-red.

“So does your Kaj!” Chii turned back to the lake and put her hands together. “Byakugan!” She smiled for a few minutes then her hands separated, and Chii ended her jutsu.

“Oh, not that again.” Sighed the girl named ‘Kaj’. You and that red headed sand boy. Kaj blushed. “He’s got nothing on my Knuckles.”

“Blah blah blah. You and that red headed fighter!” Chii blew a raspberry at her. “Oh, this is one of the new-new students, Jazzi.”

“Oh, hey.” Kaj shook her hand. “I’m Delia Sarah Kajinyo.” She ran her fingers through her shoulder length auburn hair. Sparks of crimson and amber flew into the wind. Later the sparks turned into small fireworks. “Everyone calls Kaj.”

“I’m Jazmyn Lun. You can call me Jazz, or Jazzi.” She smiled. “Nice meeting you Kaj—“

“Barrr!” The puppy popped out of Jazmyn’s bag. He jumped up and climbed into Kaj’s arms. “Barrr!”

“Wes?!” She shouted. “Where the hell were you Wes?!”

“Barr!” he yapped.

“Umm… I found him in my school… of course he was bigger and trying to kill me.” Jazmyn spoke up. “Is this a magic school or something? Because Chii just used jutsu, and you have a fire-pup.”

“Well, yeah.” Said Chii. “So why did they send for you?”

“…I can use tarot cards.” Jazmyn said.

They both looked at her. “Is that all?” they said in unison.

“I can cast spells with them. Mainly defensive, or trap spells.” Jazmyn pulled out her deck. The backs of the card were black with silver and red celtic symbols. “Are there others like you?”

“Every girl in this school has some sort of skill.” Replied Chii. “You see, no one is sent to this school. They send a request for transfer because of your grades, art, physical ability, the usual thing for transfer. Then they give you a room and a uniform and they teach you how to control your gifts.”

“eck! Uniforms!” asked Kaj. “The man’s way of keeping us down!”

“After the first three months of school, when everyone get settled, they give you three school uniforms, a swimsuit, a sweat suit and a school bag.”

“You get a choice in the color of your uniform.” Said Kaj. “That’s about the only good thing about them.”

A bell rang off in the distance. “Well, I guess it’s lunch time.” Chii smiled. “Hey, there’s a festival this Friday, you want to come?”

“Okay. What’s happening at this festival?” asked Jazmyn.

Kaj and Chii grinned the largest smiles Jazmyn had ever seen. “We’re going to meet the boys.”

* * *

A woman stepped out onto the stage and looked out at all the girls. “My, my my. It’s nice to see so many new faces today.” The dean pushed her glass from the bridge of her nose back a bit. “And do you all know why you’re here ladies?”

“To Protect, to serve, and to guard the belief that no life is worthless!” shouted all the girls. “And to use our skills to their full extent of providing a shield for those who cannot fight.”

“I’m glad you all studied your rule books.” Smiled the Dean. “Now. This academy will serve as your home, and school. You will make friends, that will be like sisters. That is what we urge you to do. You may even make friends of the boys at Alejandro’s.”

At this most of the crowd went a buzz with talk of the festival coming up this Friday. The dean slammed her open hands on the podium, silencing them almost instantly.

“But be advised!” her voice boomed. “You will be faced to make choices, and some of these peoples you make friends into… things may not be as they seem.”

* * *

“What was all that about?” asked Mr. Naight. “Wasn’t that a little much?”

“These girls aren’t normal. And when people aren’t normal, things aren’t normal.” The dean took off her glasses and cleaned them with a tissue. “With the festival coming up, let’s hope we see our first ‘Nymphes’.”

Mr. Naight stood there as he watched the dean walk away. “I hope you know what you’re doing Dreamer.”

* * *

“Woooo! This is gonna be fun!” screamed Jazmyn. She reached in her suit case and pulled out a dress. It was a dancing dress, that had spaghetti straps and a low back. The skirt was black, then an area around her breast was white. Christal gave her a weird look. “What?”

“Don’t wear that. Kaj and Envi are coming over with our clothes.” Chiil reached in her suitcase and pulled out a black head band with a metal plate. She tied it around her neck like a choker and began working on her hair. Combing back her black and white hair, she formed two pigtails, and tied them off with azul ribbons.

A knock at the door and Kaj and Envi entered. They were both wearing ‘altered’ Kimono’s. Not kimono’s that were changed for the gender usage, but seams were cut, measured, hemmed and sewn back to ridiculous lengths.

Kaj wore a black kimono with an obi of chains, and a scarlet and burnt orange flame pattern all over the dress. She wore knee high stockings that were red, and visible because the dress had been made into a mini. On Kaj’s feet she wore black geisha sandals, that were at least 5 inches tall. The left sleeve was torn at the elbow (torn because of the fray), but the right was left in tact.

Invidia Rodunn (a.k.a. Envi) wore a black kimono that was torn at the knees, and both sleeves cut off. The pattern on her dress were light green and silver stars and clouds. She had maryjane shoes with navy-green striped stockings. Her hair was just as long as Kaj’s, and tied into a ponytail with a ribbon made of kimono silk.

“Here.” Envi threw Jazmyn then Chii each a box. “You have two hours to fix them up.”

* * *

“Ta~Da~~!” said Chii, turned around for them to see. The had a black kimono with silver and light blue cranes and dragons. She took some silvery blue ribbon and sewn it on the sleeves. She had done the same thing to the obi. Her skirt was shortened and pulled semi-taught like a dark tutu. On her feet, Chii had white tabi socks and she had more ribbons wrapping around her legs, and tied at the straps of her black wooden sandals. "Come on Jazzi-chan! I bet it looks wonderful!"

"Wait! I gotta add more starch!" She shouted through the bathroom door.

"We gotta go! The ferry leaves in five minutes!" said Kaj.

"Okay!" The door opened. "Wa~La~~!" She leaned against the door frame, and pouted like a supermodel. "I'm beautiful damnit!" She laughed. The sleeves were cut off then resewn into arm warmers. Jazmyn used the exess cloth to add layers under her skirt that was about her knees. She went through her box of sewing material, and instead of a fold, the girl attached a zipper. And a the neck a buckle up collar, and a metal studded belt.

"Now we all match." said Envi. "To the ferry!"

* * *

"Oh wow." said Jazmyn. Everyone was dressed in semi-formal clothes, normal skirts, jeans and blouses, but when those four strutted in, everyone looked at them like they were crazy.

Kaj and Chii slung their arms around Jazmyn's shoulder's. "What? Too much?" asked Kaj. "Are you embarrassed with all the normal-magical kids looking at us like we're little hethens??"

"No... I like it." Jazmyn saw a pair walking towards them. A red head girl with lime-green eyes and a boy with dark purple hair and azul eyes.

"Kaj, Envi, Chii." The girl smiled. "This one of the new arrivals?"

"Hello, I'm Jazmyn." she smiled, shaking her hand. The girl must have gotten he memo about the redesigned kimono because she wore one. Possibly a child's because it had short sleeves that hadn't been touched and it reached just below her knees. It was black with purple and lime green flowers, and underneath she wore boots that reached the center of her calves. Her long hair was tied into pig tails tied off with one green string and one purple ribbon. But her partner wore normal clothes, jeans and a mauve button down shirt with the sleeves folded up to the elbow.

"Hi, I'm Elen. And this is my friend Vee." Elen pushed Vee up to her. "Say hi."

"Hey." he replied. At first he didn't seem interested in them, but a flash in his eyes and he extended his hand to Jazmyn. "Where ya from?"

"St. Katerine's." Jazmyn said. Envi grabbed her other arm, and began tugging her away. "Well! It was nice meating you guys! Bye Elen! Bye Veeee~!"

When the four girls left, Elen turned to Vee. "What was all that about?"

"Hm?" He shrugged. "Thought I saw something ." Vee turned back to him and gave her sleeve a tug. "Are all the Dark Ones wearing these?"

Elen smiled and toothy grin, showing off her sharp canines. "Why do you say that like it's a back thing? Come on my little vampire. Let's go get some fried eel."

* * *

"What do you guys want to do first?" asked Kaj. "There's the ferris wheel, gold fish, snacks, and--"

"Kaj." said a voice. "That you?"

They all turned to a boy black in red, white and black, with long red hair that was spiked into what looked like dredlocks. He had mauve eyes and the same colored skin as Kaj.

"Knuckles!" she smiled and ran to him. Arms outstretched, the Kaj looked like she was going o hug the life out of him. But, just as they were about to make contact, she made a fist and punched Knuckles in the face. With such super human strength he was sent back at least ten feet. "I love you!"

He stood up dusting off the dirt from his jeans. He winked at her with a smile. "Love you too."

"How was that love?!" asked Envi and Jazmyn. They watched Kaj and Knuckles fight until they disappeared in a group of people then were gone.

"He's a fighter. And Knuckles loves a girl who can fight back." smiled Chii. She looked around anxiously, then her smile soon faded. "oh...he's not here yet."

A few boys came up and asked if they could accompany Chii-chan for the evening. She declined nicely, but they were very persistant. Then, as Envi was pulling Chii-chan out of the crowd of boys, the ground exploded. When the dust cleared a boy stood before then. He had short spikey red hair and aqua eyes. Around his eyes were dark rings, Jazmyn thought he might be wearing makeup. But she rethunk the idea. Her eyes were almost just as dark as his, because of her lack of sleep. He wore a black man's kimono that had tan and auburn colored tigers on it.

"Konbanwa, Ai-chan." he said, with a small smile. Chii blushed. "Sorry I'm late."

Her arm hooked onto his and she laughed. "Better late then never, Kazekage-sama. Bye guys, we're going on the ferris wheel."

Soon, Envi and Jazmyn were all alone. They walked around, looking at all the fun activities. As they were walking, Jazmyn spotted a knife throwing booth. She stopped and watched as three boys tried to hit the bull's eye. "Envi! I wanna play this game!"

Envi looked at it. "Wouldn't you want to play the one with darts and balloons?" Envi followed Jazmyn to the booth. When Jazmyn looked at her, expectedd her to participate. "I'm not playing. I could gouge out someone's eye."

"Five knives, two dollars." said the man. Jazmyn slammed down four dollars, excited to play. The three boys snickered at her. He handed her the small daggers and pointed to a line on the ground. "Stand there."

"What'll I get if I win?" she asked.

The man gave her a look then laughed. "One in the bull's eye, a toy made of wood. Two knives, three gold fish . Three a free ticket to the ferris wheel for two rides. Four your choice from the prize box. And Five, a choice from the large prize box."

"Okay." Jazmyn picked up the knife by the handle. Envi heard a few boys laugh. She was going to ask Jazmyn did she really want to do it, then the girl tossed up the knife, caught it at by the tip of the blade. She brought her arm back and then threw it. 'Toink!' It hit the center. "One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine." The last blade slipped from her hand then landed on the ring just outside the center. "Damn..." She smiled at the three other boys. "Where's my prize?"

* * *

Envi went to get some cotton candy. When she was in line se saw a wierd boy bothering the vender. "This candy of cottom... it does not taste the same as cotton... nor candy."

The woman looked like she was at the end of her rope when Envi walked up. "One plea--"

"Don't buy it! The sign lies! This is neither cotton nor candy!" shouted the boy. She couldn't help but laugh. He looked sickly, for the boy had green skin, but black hair and blue eyes.

"Buzz off kid!" snapped the woman. "You're frickin' annoying!!"

"Yes, and i shall do this 'buzzing off' in which you speak. For your lies of candy cotton... such deception!" The boy's eyes went wide and he began thrashing out his arms. "YOU LIE!! LIESSSSS!!"

Envi laughed harder. She grabbed the boy's arm and pulled him away from the vendor before she killed him. "You're funny. Let's walk."

* * *

Kaj and Chii saw Jazmyn standing on the lake shore. Looking blankly at the lake.

"Hey, what's up?" asked Kaj. She spotted a katana strapped to her back. "Cool. Where'd you get that?"

She was still looking out at the lake. Chii nudged her arm. "Hhmm?" She blinked. "Oh, I didn't notice you." Chii point to the sword. "I won a game."

"Why do you look so 'off in the Twilight Zone', Jazzi-chan?" asked Chii.

Kaj inspected the girl. Her starched skirt was ruffled and her belt was lopsided. Her bangs looked a little frazzled. "You got into a fight? What's her name?! We'll jump her later."

"I'll kill the bastard myself." she snarled.

"OMG JAZMYN!!" screamed a voice. Envi ran over to them, nearly falling over Jazmyn and Chii. She gasped and panted and looked like she was goin to die. "You...? Chase...?! Kiss..?!!!"

"STFU ENVI!!" she shook the other girl. Kaj and Chii looked at Jazmyn. She let go of Envi and let the girl go. Her face flushed red. "Fine... tell 'em."

"Our little Jazz, just got kissed by Chase Young." said Envi.

"Way to go newbie!" cheered Chii.

"I didn't want to kiss him! The damn perv stole it from me!" she said.

"How can he steal a kiss from you? That's impossible unless--" Kaj looked at the flushed red girl. "It was your first kiss."

"And next time I'm gonna kill the bastard." The three other girls slung their arms around her.

"Shhh! Fireworks!" Envi said.

Explosions of red, purple, white and green filled the sky. Everyone on the coast oohed and ahhed at the sight. Everything felt great. Great food. Great rides. Great fun. And great friends to share it with. The only thing that spoiled her night was that damn Chase Young. But tomorrow was another day, maybe it would be better.

Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

witch_13888 on March 14, 2007, 10:13:34 AM

witch_13888 on
witch_13888**squeels** ZOMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!! **glomps you** ur such a tal,ented writer jazzi-chan <2

JazmynMoon21 on March 14, 2007, 10:15:58 AM

JazmynMoon21 on
JazmynMoon21random question: what's the Z in ZOMG mean?? thanxy!

CartoonQueen262 on March 12, 2007, 12:33:10 PM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Yes....I must see these fireworks of many different colors.Very awesome story ya got here my friend,keep up the good work :)

CartoonQueen262 on March 12, 2007, 12:32:48 PM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Yes....I must see these fireworks of many different colors.Very awesome story ya got here my friend,keep up the good work :)

Demonic_Sora on March 12, 2007, 11:32:33 AM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_SoraxDD

Lawl. I love it. Yes Knux and I fight eachother to death because its lllooovveee. -snerk-

Dude this is freaking fun to read 8D I really hope you add more soon, because I really do love it. OMFG. I have a fire puppy...WES...I LOVE HIM...WEEESSSS x3

I love those kimono designs to :0 they all sound so kool. ADDMOREADDMOREADDMORE. +FAVES+ x3 cant wait..if you need anymore info to or if theres something your not sure about about tha Kaj, then come and ask me :3

And I think its personally hard to write for other people because ya know, you have no idea how they'd react in a situation. But I think you did really good :D Anyways I go now. n__n ADDMORE.

AtemuLover on March 12, 2007, 6:06:53 AM

AtemuLover on
AtemuLoverI like it^^ *faves* I will politely wait for more ^^

InvaderAmmy00 on March 12, 2007, 5:59:23 AM

InvaderAmmy00 on
InvaderAmmy00I like the story! ^_^

Elen on March 12, 2007, 5:47:37 AM

Elen on
ElenHAHA! This made me smile! x] WATCH ME SMILE!
hehehe! so awesome that you put Vee in there too! *wiggles happily* hope to read more soon! ^^ *faves*