Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Recollection of Ethics

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 6 - Recollection of Ethics

Chapter 6 - Recollection of Ethics
chapter three: Recollection of Ethics

Chii smelled the air, something was different. She didn't know what, but something big was going to happen. She looked down at Jazmyn who was standing at the base of the tree. Jazmyn looked up at Chii and waved.

"Hey! Come on!" Jazmyn waved. "Lunch?! Remember Chii?"

That was right, she had made plans to sit with everyone during lunch. She jumped from the tree and landed gracefully on the ground. "Okay. Let's go."

* * *

"Can I ask you guys a question?" said Jazmyn. Envi, Kaj, and Chii nodded, acknowledging her."How did you all become like this? I mean... We're not human, and it doesn't make sense to me."

"Jazzi-doll, nothing in this world makes sense." said Kaj. "Look at Chii. She's of the Hyuuga AND Uchiha clan. Do you think either family wants her? No. And you why? It isn't because the Uchihas and Hyuugas hate eachother it's because of what her older sister did to her."

Jazmyn looked at Chii who was quietly muching a rice ball. "A wolf demon was terrorizing our village... so after I was born, my older sister sealed her inside me. It wasn't until two years ago that I found this out." Chii finished her first rice ball. "And I promised myself, that I'd become as powerful as the demon inside. And to prove that I am me, not Ookamiyasha."

"And our Envi here." Kaj thumbed towards the spanish girl. "Did you know she's part robot??"

"Yeah. A few months back, a car hit and ran over me. I didn't die, i just stood up and walked myself to the hospital." Envi played with her empty pop can. "Then, out of the blue, I was accepted to Mercedes and here I am. Right now, I just want to find who did this to me and why. "

"But you're still human. Why are you in te Shadow division?" asked Jazmyn.

"Because the school board doesn't see me as a real human. My heart doesn't move to the information my brain sends, but by a metal pump in my chest." Envi crushed the pop can. "I can feel pain, cy, laugh, get mad, and all those other things, but they say I'm not real."

Jazmyn turned to Kaj. "What about you, Kaj?Why are you here?"

She shrugged. "I'm not an elemental." Kaj yawned then propped her head on the table. She closed her eyes, but still spoke to Jazmyn. "I'm half fire demon, and anything with the words 'hakf' and 'demon' automatically go under the classification 'Shadow'." She opened one eye and looked at her. "What about you? What's your story?"

"My story? I don't have one." she replied. "I was just found when I was five woundering the streets. I was sent to an orphanage, then home to home to home." Jazmyn stirred her applesauce. "Anything before the orphange if a blur." She looked up at the luncch line. "I'm going to get a strawberry punch. Anybody want anything?" They all declined.

Jazmyn went up to the woman, purchased her juice then began to her table. There was a wet spot on the floor from when the custodian mopped. She skidded, then crashed into someone. "OMG!!" she exclaimed. "I'm so sorry! There was water on the floor! Here let me help." Jazmyn attempted to help the girl clean herself up, when the girl pushed her down.

"Look what you've done you damn clutz!" exclaimed the blonde. She whiped the grape soda off with a handfull of napkins. "All over my uniform!"

"I said i was sorry!" she said, with true sincerity.

"Well, why don't you just watch where you're going you damn halfbreed whore?!!" The blonde picked up a styrofoam bowl of apple sauce and dumped it on er head.

'What? Half breed whore?' Jazmyn was lost for a moment. She looked around everyone was laughing. She looked around and lost sight of her table. Everyone was laughing. Then two people grabbed her arms and ran out of the lunchroom with her. They kept running until they were in the locker room. 'Half breed whore?'

"You okay?" asked Envi.

"Why did she say whore?" Jazmyn asked, finally finding her voice. "It was an accident! I slipped on some water!"

Envi turned on a faucet and wet a paper towel. She cleaned the food from Jazmyn's eyes. "We now, Jazzi." Envi forced a smile, but Jazmyn could tell she was in pain. "She called you a whore because..." Envi gave Jazmyn the paper towel. "For some damn reason, everyone thinks we're sluts and hoes, because of what he are. Because they assume we don't know what sin is."

As Envi and Chii tried to clean her up, Jazmyn turned the faucet to full and stuck her head under it. The water was freezing cold, but she didn't care. What was happening at this school... was no different then what happened at the others...

* * *

'Can I play with you?' asked the little girl.

The group of kids looked at her, then turned away and kept playing kickball. She sat down in the dirt and began to watch the ants. A darkblue butterfly flew by and she followed it into the forest. Past trees and bushed, with her arms outstretched, she followed it. Hoping to touch the creature, and maybe catch it's magic.

Scales from the wings fell off, creating tini sparkles in the sun. Magic. That's what she wanted. She stopped where she was, and looked around. She was in the middle of the small forest, completely lost and alone. She outstretched her hands and reached to the sky. Things rustled in the bushes and trees. The figures moaned as the wind blew. Her eyes traveled everywhere, looking for a familiar sight. She broke down to tears, wailing loudly, hoping someone would find her.

* * *

It was nightfall and one of the nuns had noticed they were a child short. Sister Ann Marie looked around the playground. She heard the cries for help around 9:32 p.m. Ann Marie went in the forest with two more nuns a flashlights. They found the source of the cries, in a tree. The little girl climbed down and was about to hug one of the nuns, when they began scolding her.

"Why are you so difficult Jazmyn?!" Sister Caroline asked. "Why couldn't you have stayed with the other children!"

"They don't like me..." Jazmyn shuffled her feet. "...Because I look different from them. My hair is straighter and my skin is lighter... Jason said I wasn't black... And Tera said I have white people hair."

Ann Marie took the little girl's hand and lead her back to the orphanage. "Come along. Come along. It's late, and we don't need anymore crying."

* * *

Kaj sat in a tree, eating pocky and playing with Wes. She put out her arm, and lowering her illusion shield and looked at her real self. The stitches and scars, she thought about what Jazmyn had asked. 'What about you Kaj? Why are you here?"

She looked at herself, then thought about the shattered memories she had. The darkness, then the gut wrenching pain of having herself torn into multiple shards then reassembled so painstakingly slow. Kaj felt a jolt traveling down her spine. She looked out at the schoolyard. Something moved, and an ominous aura followed. "What?! Here?!"

And alarm went off somewhere in the school telling all the students to come inside. Kaj grabbed Wes and began back. Just as she was jumping along the trees, one of them came at her. She sensed it and dodged. "Hyaah!" She kicked it into a tre, causing the huge structure to break. As she did that a barrage of other came at her. She didn't stop, she just kept going towards the school. "Aww shoot. Why now?! And why are there so many?!"

* * *

Envi struck the black figure, cracking the mask in half. Another came at her from behid and she dodged it, using her speed and strength the girl brought a kick down on the back of it's head. "What the hell are these things?!" Another came at her, this one had the body of bat and a mask decorated with blue and red stripes.

"Everyone get inside!" screamed a teacher. "Now! Don't let them touch you!!"

A student fell, then one with wings swooped down for her. Chii stood in front of the girl and deflected it. All playfulness gone from her, the young ninja jumped up into the air. She used a chakra burst to shoot herself through the air and landing on one of the flying ones. She pulled out two scrolls, one white one green. Chii cut her thumbs and wrote a line of blood on both scrolls. She jumped and in a whirlwind of energy, thousands of kunai and sherikin rained on them. Tied to each weapon was a paper charm. "Puifying~ jutsu! Dragon of the heavens strike!"

Most of the flying ones had been destroyed, purified and sent to the soul society. That's right. These creatures were--

"Hollows! Hundreds of them!" said Kaj, landing next to Envi.

"Where the hell did they come from?!!" she asked, striking another Hollow down.

"Aieeee!" someone screamed. They all looked up to see a giant batlike Hollow carrying someone away. "Let go!"

"What ever you say!" laughed the demon. It's claws let the girl go. She plummeted towards the ground.

"AHHHHH!!" the girl screamed.

Jazmyn ran and held out her arms to Envi. "Envi, throw me!"

"You got it." Their hands gripped eachother, then Envi launched her into the air. Jazmyn caught the girl, but couldn't adjust in midair. A hollow jumped up and crash them both to the ground. It's huge claw pinned them both on the ground.

"We need this one. Sorry for all your efforts." it said.

"The hell you are!" screamed Envi. Her arm tranformed into a cannon, and she shot off energy blasts at it. The Hollow let go of them. It charged at Envi, "Bad move." She aimed the cannon at his face and fired. The hollow was destroyed. With that, what was left of the numbers retreated nd disappeared into the shadows.

"We'll be back!" hissed another Hollow.

Jazmyn was on her hands and knees ontop of the Hollow's former hostage. "You?!" she asked.

"Zizi-neesama!" shouted the girl. She flung her arms around her neck and laughed. Jazmyn stood up, with the girl still around her neck. "I missed you Zizi-neesama!"

"MeMe! Let go!" she shouted. Jazmyn Pried the girl from around her neck. "Why the hell are you here?!"

MeMe looked up at her. "I got a letter saying I was accepted here... so I packed up and moved. I didn't know you'd be here!" She hugged her around the waste. "I missed you so much, Jazzi-neesama!"

"Everyone all right?" asked Envi.

"Yes." they all responded. MeMe ran to Envi. She took Envi's hand then pressed it against her forhead as she bowed.

"Thank-you for saving me and my sister." The girl lifted up her head. She shoulder length black hair bounced, and rose colored eyes danced. "My name is Miaruko Sol."

* * *

"She needs to go back home!" Jazmyn said, as persistant as she could to the Dean. "She doesn't belong here!"

"You and I both know that isn't true. She has a magic potent of 93.12. That's a well trained apprentice, at least. And if she doesn't start her schooling soon..." Dreamer said.

"She doesn't belong here. She's human. Purer then human even!" Jazmyn was silenced when Dreamer slammed her hands on the desk.

Her stern look faded and she smiled at the vampire. "My decision is final." Jazmyn stood up and tried not to let her anger show. She politely left, and when the door closed, Dreamer relaxed. She raised up her hands and rubbed her palms. "Damn that hurt."

"How goes life sis?" asked voice.

"Damnit." She turned her chair to look at him. "Why do you men never knock? Or use the door for that matter?"

"Just want to tell you Chase already served his sentence." he said.

"That was quick Phillip." said Dreamer, stretching out his name to annoy him. "How?"

"He helped Mr. Naight with one of his classes." Dreamer gave him a confused look. "Yeah. I was just as suprised as you." He patted her on the back. "Have a nice day Sis." Phillip used the door this time to leave.

"God..." she breathed. "You really are a Maniac, aren't you?" With a wave of her hand, a pen floated across the desk and into her hand. She began filling out MeMe's schedule and others work for the new arrivals. Dreamer was swamped. Paper work was flooding from everywhere for new arrivals and transfers. She looked over the names of the new girls that arived that day. "Burn Lynn, Miaruko Sol, Dominique Adams..." Her head slumped on the desk. "Damn it all."

* * *

"Is this your dorm, Zizi-neesama?" asked MeMe, still following her around. "Where do I go?"

"Your dorm is on the other side of the school MeMe." Jazmyn said, almost dreading saying it. "You're too young, why did you agree to come here?!"

MeMe hugged Jazmyn around the waste. "Isn't missing you enough? That nice lady with the glasses said you go here. And she said I had potential to be as good as you one day!"

"MeMe! Let go of me damnit!" She shoved her back. "You always did this! You clung onto me when things got to hard, and hid behind me when you were scared! Why did those monsters want you?!!"

The ten year old's eyes welled up with tears. "You think you're so great with your cards! You do the same thing when things get too tough! YOU RUN AWAY!!" MeMe shouted. Jazmyn flung her arms around her, but this time MeMe fought back. "You left me alone...! Again...! Zizi...!"

Envi was around the corner, listening to them. She looked to see if everything was all right. Jazmyn looked up and spotted her. "MeMe, go to your room. Someone will be there to show you around." MeMe looked up at her. "You're in a different classification. You're a spell caster, I'm a vampire." A girl in a white uniform looked at them. She had pink eyes and purple hair, and fair skin. Neko ears on the top of her head and a tail. She motioned for MeMe, all the while glaring at Jazmyn. "We'll meet tomorrow for lunch.Kay?"

MeMe took the hand of the white uniformed girl and they walked to another part of the school. She looked over her shoulder at Jazmyn, her pink eyes glaring. Envi approached when the two were gone. "What was all that about?"

"She wanted to stay in my room." Jazmyn's went behind her head and she began walking away.

"...I never knew you had a sister?" said Envi.

Jazmyn yawned, then looked up at the ceiling. "We're not blood sisters. Just step sisters, or something... What do you want to do now?"

"Investigate why the damn hollows were after here." responded Envi.

* * *

'What am I?' she asked.

'You're my daughter.' he replied.

'And you love me don't you?' she asked, lifting up her head. He nodded. "Then why did you do this to me? It hurts to be this way...! You should of left me dead!"

Kaj jutted up in bed, breathing heavily. She looked around the dimly lit room to realize Envi wasn't in bed. With her mind still spinning, she decided to take a walk. She stood infront of th door that led to the outside, but remembered it was locked exactly at seven o'clock. Three hours ago. She sighed and walked back to her room. She looked out the window, and saw two shadows move. Kaj didn't feel the demonic aura of the Hollows, so it wasn't them. She took a closer look and found that it was Envi and Jazz. She climbed out the window on the third floor, landing just below it gracefully.

"What are you two doing?" Kaj asked.

"Trying to find the tear that the Hollows came through." said Envi. "We totally lost their trail. It's late, let's try again when there's some sunshine."

Kaj looked around in the darkness, her eyes well adjusted to the lack of light. Why did Envi want to go inside, her eyes had to have adjusted automatically from the time she stepped outside. No, it was something else. Then Kaj felt it. "GET DOWN!!"

Before any of them could react, black tentacles reached out of nowhere, and the sharp ends impaled them. "NNGRAUGH!!" screamed Kaj. "SWORD OF THE FALL!! TETSUNOSUKE!!" A large halibur sword formed in Kaj's hand. She struck the tentacles down, letting the other two go. "You okay?"

"In a Minute... You won't be." The hollow appeared. It had hundred of tentacles coming out of its black shadowy body. "Where is Taiyoko?!"

Taiyoko?' Kaj wondered. 'Daughter of the Sun?'

"We don't know what you're talking about!" said Jazmyn. "And even if we knew, what makes you think we'd tell?" Jazmyn's cracked her knuckles loudly.

"Prepare to die, bastard." Envi took on a battle stance, her body readying itself for a strike. "Prepare to die."

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CartoonQueen262 on March 17, 2007, 2:33:33 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262YEAH!!!KILL THE HOLLOW!!MUHAHAHA!!!

By the way,I never knew that you knew I had an arm cannon installed within me.
I was gonna tell ya but,hey,if you already know,then what's the point?However the name of the cannon is Nullify Blaster,it's attack simply freeze the rival up and bake it's brain. Extra crispy.All it could do was scream as it's muscles seized up, every cell in it'sbody experiencing the agony subjecting it to and amplifying it by ahundred times.This is beginning to get good,I agree with the Kaj.Can't wait to see more.

OrangeFunk on March 17, 2007, 12:10:51 AM

OrangeFunk on
OrangeFunkWHEEE. Fun fun! :D

InvaderAmmy00 on March 16, 2007, 11:56:53 PM

InvaderAmmy00 on
InvaderAmmy00i love the characters. cant wait till the next chapter

InvaderAmmy00 on March 16, 2007, 11:56:52 PM

InvaderAmmy00 on
InvaderAmmy00i love the characters. cant wait till the next chapter

Elen on March 16, 2007, 11:39:46 PM

Elen on
Elenwooh! spiffeh! 8D I likes it mucho! x3 hope to read more soooooon! owO

Demonic_Sora on March 16, 2007, 1:55:04 PM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_Sora>:D WAHHAHAA. ACTIONY.

x] I love Wes. He pwns. 8D The story is getting good, I cant wait for you to add somemore. Really. More about each character is coming into view.

x3 Yey, you added my Sword of the Fall.