Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Never Again

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 8 - Never Again

Chapter 8 - Never Again
chapter five: Never Again

A ear piercing scream filled the air. The Hollows retreated into the forest. The girls followed close after, ready to finish their job. Standing up, Jazmyn had her back to them. A man with a sword was staning infront of her, the sword itself bloodied. Jazmyn turned her head to them, blood splatter all over her face.

"Help." she moaned. Kaj and Envi went for the man dressed in white, but he dodged. Seconds in between blinking he appeared behind them and knocked them both into the ground. Elen and Chii went to check on her, seeing that she was all right, the girls noticed what was in her arms. Little MeMe had a huge gash across her chest, blood spilling out like it was nothing. Bloodied and limp, Miaruko was grasping for life against Jazmyn. "Miaruko...!"

Chii turned to him, her silver eyes ablaze with fury. "BASTARD!!" She unfurled a scrolled and it rained paper charms. He smirked at her attack, but she wasn't finished. She drew a symbol on another charm and threw it on a kunai. The charms reacted with eachother, sending the man back with an explosion. Paper bombs. "SHE WAS ONLY A CHILD!!"

Elen shot out fire, giant flames licked at him, but he dodged easily. He deflected the magic back at Kaj, laughing the entire time. Kaj broke the fire apart, taking away its life and making it harmless. Envi ran for him, her body adjusting to his speed, but he was still too fast. With one punch, he shattered her entire left arm. Metal, wires and false skin burned into nothing, then he came at her again. Daisy got in his face and ordered him to stop. Her spells only worked for a few seconds, then he sent her flying into the air.

Els knelt next to MeMe and Jazmyn, using her abilities over water to try and heal her. MeMe gripped her hand, painfully tellig her to stop. "Arigatou...Etsuko-neechan...!" A Hollow attacked from behind, sending Els into battle. "Arigatou Oneesama..." She licked her lips, trying to clear away the blood from her mouth. "...I'm sorry I didn't listen... I..."

"Shut up!" Jazmyn snapped. "You're wasting your breath MeMe-chan!" Jazmyn tore her night gown and pressed the fabric against the girl's chest. Blood began seeping onto her pajama pants. "Shut up!"

"...I've been causing you nothing but trouble..." MeMe's eyes weld with bloody tears. "And now this...!" She coughed, more blood splattering on Jazmyn's clothes. "...I just wanted to say, thankyou for loving me like you did... Ah...Te..." Miaruko's smile held, even when her amenthyst eyes faded into gray-rose.

"Miaruko!" she whispered. "...Tea...! GalaTea!" Jazmyn hugged the body close to her. Tears streamed down, for words were too hard. Then the horrible happened. MeMe's body began to disappear. Disentigrate into nothing. "MEME!!!!!!!"

* * *

"I luv you...
We'll be together forever...
Sissy!...
Oneechaaaaan!
Konichiwa!
Look at the cat! Let's call him Harusame!
I look like sailormoon with this hair style! heh heh
Haru-kun!
Jazzi-chan!
Jazzi-chan!!
JAZZY!!!

"Wake up." said a voice. Jazmyn looked up and saw a mouth and lips. No body, no face, no features. "Give them what they deserve."

"No...! We can't...!" Jazmyn whispered. Her hands outstretched, a sword formed in each. They looked like Japanese katanas but were different. The handles were black and white and curved for better grip, and the blades were curved up and out. "...Roex...Lyra..."



* * *

Nen held Kaj by the collar of her shirt, three feet above the ground. "Little ragdoll dog." Nen smirked. "You really think you can fight me?" He turned to the others who were hurt and lying on the ground. He looked into her eyes, and saw something. "...So that's who you are..." His arm was sliced off, and a suprised scream escaped his mouth. Nen turned to see that damn girl again. Nen's blood felt out for his forearm and then it healed. He summoned Eclair and came at her again. She dodged easily and used her two swords to block, evade and shield his attacks. Something was off about her. "Ecleon!" Jolts of electricity passed through the sword, and through Jazmyn's body.

She grinned, showing off her fangs. "ROXAS!!" The electricity passed then flew to a tree. The confusion on Nen's face gave her an opening. She kicked him, she was almost as strong as Nen. This much power. "LYRIAS!!" She brought the sword upward, cutting up his suit. Whatever it was, the halfbreed wasn't controlling it any longer. Nen tried to retreat, opening his wings and readying to fly away. She groaned and sliced half of his wing off. "You're not going anywhere, Nenny."

"That voice!" he gasped. She pointed Roex (the white handled sword) at him. "Hmph!" Nen laughed. "You of all people... you don't have the guts."

"Why did you kill her?" he snarled. "She didn't need to die Nenny."

"Are you just mad you couldn't protect her again?!" snapped the angel. "You're the reason she couldn't come back, Julin." Nen laughed even harder, the matter seemed hilarious to him. "Because of you're stupidity. These... puppets! She cared so damn much about... And then you filled her with these damn emotions! She became something beneath herself!"

"How was it your decision to kill her?" he said, level headed. He turned to his companions, on the edge of life and fighting as hard as they could. He raised Lyra and called out her name, "Lyrian." They were healed, then he turned back to the wounded angel. "You're done here." He turned away and walked over to Kaj. Nen was furious. He summoned Eclair and charged for him. Roex struck him across the chest. "frack! You just don'tlisten do you?!" He put Roex and Lyra against his throat, like a pair of giant scissors. "I am wondering why the fracking hell Dianne put you in charge of her council. When you can't even handle two Fallens." Nen growled. He snapped his fingers and the tips of Nen's wings were healed. "You. Are. Done. Here.Nenny."

The Angel growled, but knew he had been beaten. Nen teleported away, back to his world. "There any reason to all this Madness, eh, Julin?" asked Maniac. Julin looked at the man. Green eyes, and black spiked hair whose bangs covered one eye. He was dressed in a white button down shirt and blue jeans. "What are you going to do next?"

"That's for her to decide now isn't it?" Julin replied. With that, he let her take over. Maniac felt the dark aura; the hatred, the pain and sorrow. She looked at him, but didn't say anything. Jazmyn collasped on the ground, blood spilling from her wounds. "...Mia...ruko..."

* * *

'Hello... My name is Miaruko, what's yours?' asked the pink haired woman.

'Jazmyn.; she replied. 'You're very pretty.' Jazmyn smiled. Soon her smile faded. 'Where are you going?! MeMe! Come back!!' Jazmyn's hands were outstretched, trying to take her hand. Miaruko smiled, then in a flash of pink and gold butterflies, she was gone. "MeeeeMeeeee!!'

'You need to calm down.Oneesama...I'll be okay...' MeMe whispered. MeMe pecked Jazmyn on the lips. 'Everything will end out alright.'

* * *

Everyone was, once again, in the infermary. But the only one who was severly damaged was Envi, whose arm had been taken off. She was pissed. Parts like hers were hard to find, even if Zim was helping her. The best he could do was give her a temporary replacement until the school sent out the orders for the parts. Which pissed her off even more. The replacement didn't look like a real arm. It was the arm of one of the boy's battle machines (not that it wasn't cool or anything) it just looked wierd attached to her). Only a few inches wide, it was made from simple gears, wires and metal parts. Mainly from a vacuum cleaner and television.

"Weren't you here a few days ao?" asked Zim, redoing the job he had just done before.

"You're short." Envi replied. She knew the comment would shut him up. She didn't feel like chit-chat today, especially after what happened.

"That was really mean Envi-neechan." said Chii. She looked at her hands, faded paper cuts covered her palms. "...What are we going to do?"

"We can't do anything. You heard Mr. Phillip. Until her mind and body quit fighting eachother, there's no way in hell for her to wake up." said Envi. She flexed her arm, it's gears wurred loudly. She sighed, then turned back to Chii. "She's might as well be dead too."

"You should trade in for a new body." said Zim, whiping his hands on a thick cloth. "Maybe something with NaNoTech."

Envi looked at her hands. How different they were, it bothered her greatly. "Hmm... Maybe... " She slid off the table and followed Chii out the room. "Thanks Zim. Sorry about the short crack."

"Uh-hmm." he said, sucking on a snax stick. "Whatever."

When they went back to the dorm, Jazmyn's was up and about. She looked at them when they entered, but then went back to what she was doing. She was fixing her hair into a long french braid, which almost reached the center of her back.

"What do you want to do today Jazzi-neec--" Started Chii, but was cut short when Jazmyn pulled out a pair of scissors and cut off her braid. "NANI~~?!!"

"WTF Jazmyn?!" said Envi. "Why would you do that?!!" She ran her fingers though her shortened hair. It was just an inch or two from being shoulder length. Envi grabbed Jazmyn's shirt collar with her good arm. "Why did you do that?!" Jazmyn looked away, her eyes dull and blank. "Answer me damnit!"

"I need to change." She slipped out of the shirt like a snake, Envi's hand still on the collar, and walked to her room. She put on a plastic head band and school uniform. She was glad of it's dark colors. She picked up the braid from the floor and threw it in the trash. Her tone monotonous, "Are you coming? We're going to be late."

Envi and Chii looked at eachother. Maybe this was how she dealt with things. She gave herself a new look, then acted like nothing happened. Now that she got it past her, maybe everything will return back to normal. They grabbed their bags and then left for their classes. By the middle of the day, she had had it.

"Excuse me... Dean Dreamer?" Jazmyn knocked gently on the door. Fiona wasn't at her desk, so Jazmyn took the initiative to knock herself.

"Come in Miss Lun." she said. She opened the door, and sat down in a leather chair again. Jazmyn slouched in the chair, but she kept her eyes at Dreamer's level. "What seems to be the problem?"

"Could I take the next week off?" she asked. "I'm not feeling up to it."

"...That's right... Your sister..." Dreamer scribbled something down on a letter. "Phillip already filled me in... But I might have to decline on the offer. What about your homework and classes?"

Jazmyn thought for a moment. "What if I have someone fill in for me?"

* * *

Burn, Daisy, Kaj and Elen sat in an oak tree. Each one of them were on different branches, looking out at the lake and the area where they had fought. There were terrakinetics moving rocks and making saplings grow. Burn shouted when Chii landed on her branch and swayed it a bit.

"So, what's up?" Chii asked.

"Eh,"" Burn replied. "What happened last night? I remember fighting the guy in white." The window blew her dirty bonde hair around her head. "Everything else is pretty much a blur."

"I think we can all agree to that..." said Chii, her mind was also a blank. And even though she had searched the school grounds herself, there had been no more Hollow sightings. "But it was wierd... I felt something from that guy... 'Nen' or whatever his name was. He wasn't a demon."

"What?!" Burn nearly shouted. "He almost killed us all last night! How can he not be a demon?!"

"He could have been a corrupt air spirit. I've been learning about them in Ancient Myths and Origins class." said Daisy.

"Naw. Corrupts turn into demons or Hollows in a matter of hours. He was pure." Chii rubbed her arms, a chilly breeze rushing up her back. '...He made Ooka-dono quiver in fear... and she never feels that way towards anything... not even a Kyuubi or Tanuki...'

Kaj shifted her weight on te branch. She looked at her hands. Last night she was sure the guy had beat the bloody hell out of them, but now they were all healed up good as new. "...I was wondering... Should I keep up my illusion shield?" She bouncing on the branch, causing it to sway. "This look.. it just ain't me. And it's a waste of magic." She swayed, then in a flash of flames becamde her true form. She turned to them.

Elen yawned, then did the same. Her light green eyes turned neon and two small ramlike horns sprouted on her head. Daisy's solid black hair streaked with lavender, and her soft slate eyes turned amethyst. They each lowered their illusions, showing off their true forms. They looked at eachother, then laughed. Elen rocked back and forth on the branch.

"Hey! Kaj!" she called out. Kaj turned her head to face the other fire demon. "What's up with the demi-wings?"

Kaj shrugged. "Why?"

"They don't look like they're attached to your back." she said. "Can you use them?"

"No, not really. I can jump higher then a normal demon though." Kaj said. "Hey there's Envi."

They waved to her. "You all look like birds." she said flatly.

"You're just mad because you aren't up here." said Chii. "Where's Els?"

"Swimming off a detention because she was hanging out with us." said Burn. "I got one too... I have to clap all the erasers in the school for the next 2 weeks."

Envi readied her legs and jumped into the tree. She landed next to Daisy who was reading from the rule book. "Aww damn!" she hissed. "I can't believe this!"

"What?" asked Envi.

"Did you know if you're in the Shadow Division you can't date anyone unless they're in the Shadow Division themselves?" said Daisy.

"Eh, that rule is one of many we ignore. It's just a way for them to keep us Halfbreeds in order." said Kaj. She saw the blush on Daisy's face. "Unless you already broke that rule! What's his name?!"

"Ash Trent." She held her face as she blushed wildly. "I absolutely love him to death!!"

"Ooh! What is he? Animus? Elemental? Gifted human?" asked Burn.

"Human... And half elf!" Daisy laughed. The school bell rang and the lunch hour was over. They all headed to Mr. Night's class, where they were starting a new lesson on Hollows.

* * *

"With the loss of a student, and the injuries of others, the Deans have decided to speed up your curriculim and start to tell you about Hollows, Spirits, Demons and their differences." Night picked up a piece of chalk and began writing on the board. "And if any students make any wise @$$ remarks, they can go stand out in the hall, and recieve three detentions."

There was a knock at the door, Mr. Night opened it and a student walked in. At first, Chii thought it was Jazmyn with her hair down and in her face, but the student combed back the hair with their hands to reveal it was a boy. He wore the school jacket, but a white blouse and dark jeans. He handed Mr. Night a note. He read it quickly then reached on his desk and gave the boy a stack of folders.

"Is this all?" asked the boy.

"Yeah. Remember. Four o'clock sharp." said Mr. Night, still writing on the board.

"Right." He turned around and left, closing the door gently. 'Is this really what you want, little girl?' He ran his fingers through his hair, it's unevenness really upsetting him. 'You really didn't need to do this either.'

* * *

When school was over, and everything was quiet. After lunch, hours before, Jazmyn had disappeaered. Without a word, or note, she just skipped lunch and wasn't in any of her classes after that. With the death of MeMe, her friends wondered how the young vampire was handling all this. Daisy, Elen and Burn were scouting the forest, when they suddenly stumbled on their battle ground. Tree tunks split, rocks and dirt tossed and broken into pieces. There was a darkened spot on the ground, dried blood.

"Little Girls shouldn't by out so late." said a boy. They looked up to see him sitting in a tree. Reading some paperback book, he spoke again. "Looking for anything in particular? Maybe I can help?"

"What did you do to her?" asked Daisy to the boy. "Where are you hiding her?"

He looked up from the book he was reading. "I'm not hiding." He stood up on the branch, jumping to the ground he held out the book to Elen. "I borrowed it from Kaj. Tell her I said thankyou." Elen took the paperback, and before she could say anything he was gone.

As they debated of whether or not to follow him, suddenly Burn said, "She's okay." The wind blew her head around her face. Burn took out a ponytail holder and fastened her dirty blond hair back. "He's no threat either."

"You sure?" asked Daisy, shifting her weight from foot to foot.

"Yeah... because he let me read his mind." Burn shrugged. "His aura wasn't demonic or like that 'Nen' guy from last night."

"Well, if that's all, I'm going home." said Daisy with a yawn. "I got to get ready for my secret date with Ash..."

"Ahh yesh. Your not so Shadow Division boyfriend who is part elf." said Elen. "I too have a date. With my oh so Shadow Division boyfriend. Damien." Elen turned to Burn. "Are you coming?"

Burn looked a little lost in her thoughts. "Hmm? Yeah, I'll catch up later." The demon and the vampire turned and dashed into the trees. She turned to a large oak tree, whose branches were splintered and bark was torn clear off. "You can come out now."

The figure went ridged against the structure. "Will you tell on me?" she asked, her voice barely audible.

"Why? Did you do anything wrong?" asked Burn, looking around the side of the tree. The little figure moved, still trying to hide from her. "Come out now. I promise you won't get in trouble. Why are you out here anyways?"

Two little golden eyes looked at her. "I'm waiting for my RuRu--kun." she said. The figure came into view for Burn to see. A little girl, possibly only six years old. Dressed in a white spagetti strap sundress with a widebrimmed sunhat. "He said not to talk to any strangers."

"Well my name's Burnidette Lynn. My friends call me Burn." She extended her hand to the girl. "Now I'm not a stranger, mind telling me your name?"

"Tita." she said. Burn felt something. She reached forward and grabbed Tita's arm. They were both sent across the field when something struck them. Burn looked to see a Hollow. Tita gripped Burn's uniform tightly. "Don't let them take me...! The Empties...!"

Burn shook violently. The vibes she was getting off this creature were so murderous, and evil. The mask opened showing off the three rows of shark like teeth. "Nour..ish...ment..." it hissed. "I will consume you... Body and soul!!"

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Elen on March 23, 2007, 12:47:40 AM

Elen on
ElenSPIFFY! 8D I like where this is going yes! ^^ you are a great writer. keep it comiiin'! x3

CartoonQueen262 on March 22, 2007, 7:10:55 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Damn that Nen!How dare he ruin MY(not his,mine) arm.Has he no shame?!
Anyways,awesome chapter my friend,very eventful,I agree with the orangefunk.
Heh..Heh..I called Zim short..Heh..HAHHAHAHAHA!!!...ha..Ha.........DAMN THAT NEN FOR HAVING BETTER POWERS DEN ME!!!And for having teh green eyes..I WANT TEH EYES!!!*tackles Nen and smacks him with a giraffe*
He has insulted me and my comrades...I MUST KICK ARSE!!With my mad
robo-pwn skillz!!Can't wait for the next chapter :3

JazmynMoon21 on March 22, 2007, 10:09:20 PM

JazmynMoon21 on
JazmynMoon21what is up with all the animal abuse?!! *hugs the giraffe and the platypus* and you do have green eyes. They're really pretty, like dark ivy greed, with a ring of light green going around the pupil.

Demonic_Sora on March 21, 2007, 12:35:54 PM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_SoraxD So Imma little ragdoll dog am I? -throws a platypus at Nen-

xD And the random boy randomly borrowing my random book....randomly.

This is getting gewd 8D And yey...Im outta that disguise x3 I like being meeee. MY SHADOW WIIIINNNGGSSS. I actually can fly with those xD; But they have to go into my shoulders and burst through the skin. .__.; Itsa painful process I hardly ever use. I lose alot of blood D: And theres chains keeping the wings attached together, so when I break the chains I have a limited time before the chains start to mend themselves and reseal my wings. YAR. Ok thats that x3

Cant wait for some more n__n

JazmynMoon21 on March 22, 2007, 12:58:35 AM

JazmynMoon21 on
JazmynMoon21yay! platypus!

OrangeFunk on March 21, 2007, 9:29:21 AM

OrangeFunk on
OrangeFunk-random letters- ITSA MEEE. -points- BURNIDETTE.

Fear the Hollow. FEAR IT. -wiggles fingers- I can't wait for the next chapter. OO: The story is very eventful. >0>