Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Somethings...

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 14 - Somethings...

Chapter 14 - Somethings...
Ok. to all muh readers, I must tell you, this chapter may/may not be the best I've written, but it should at least connect some dots. but I was too hot, and my brain may have melted on wednesday morning... SOOOO HAWT IN MICHIGAN!!!! DX

episode 10: Somethings

***
a few weeks ago...

The portal opened and he stepped out. He looked at his hands then at the ground where he stood. A design of mathematic details, astonimocal signs, and Latin words were spread around a circle. He blinked, his tan and blue eyes adjusting to the sudden light. Two others looked at him, He looked at the alchemist who had summoned him. "Where am I?"

"Tatsukyun." responded the woman. "You have been called on by Father to do the great deed."

"What deed?" he asked. Suddenly his gut wrenched and he fell to his knees. An over whelming pain filled his body, tugging and tearing at the inside his organs. "Glaurgh!" The woman stepped foreward and knelt to his height. In her open palm she held out odd red colored stones. He took them hungrily and crunched them loudly. "What are these...?!" he asked, the sweet taste lingering on his tongue.

The white haired woman smiled at him. "Blood stones. Made from halfbreed souls and demon blood."

He stood up, the pain now gone. "What deed?"

The man with brown hair laughed. "To whipe little halfbreed demons off the face of the Earth."
***
present day...

Envi looked at the Bunny shaped device. She pressed the buttons and it beeped loudly, but nothing else. She fiddled with it for a while, then grew tired of it, and tucked it away in her desk. Envi wanted to learn more about her 'Sisters', and more about who she really was. And for the fact that Baracia has a cannon, a Nullify Blaster even, in her arm. The girl sighed, missing them already. Even Ignacio, who because of their fight had somehow been reverted to a small child. Breanna explained it to her the night before. And The bell rang and she was off to first hour British Lit.

"When you activated the Bunny tract, it tapped into all our minds. Actually stopping Hashish, triggering your nano mechanics." The blue haired girl laughed."'Since me and Ignacio were pretty bugged up, your programming actually pulled what little metal there was and rebuilt us. That's why he's a little kid now!" She hugged the little toddler, and they both giggled uncontrollably. He tugged on her now short neon blue hair, then fidgeted on the bed. "I luv my new little brother!"

'Well, we're sure as hell not keeping him!' snapped Baracia.

'The hell he put us through! We should destroy him now!' snarled Beth, getting her clawed hands ready. 'So he can't do it again!'

The little boy looked fearfully at Beth and Baracia. Without hesitation, they attacked. Breanna held the boy close and jumped out of the way. She held the toddler close and made a run for it. Swinging open the door, Breanna ran down the hall. She knew her sisters were merciless when it cae to destroying, so she needed to hide him. A sideways kick knocked the boy out of her grasp. Beth came at him, a shrill scream coming from the child. Breanna punched Beth, sending a 900 watts of electricity through her.

A shocked look on the silver girl, and Breanna responded, "I will fight you! He's my brother and I want to keep him!!" Blue lightning jumped off her hands.

"Do you not remeber what he did to you exactly six hours ago, Bree?!" screamed Baracia. "He used Hashish on you, made you try and kill us, and then the piece de resistance! A fracking self destruct sequence!"

"But that was because of the Dynamo-Virus!!" she said. "He didn't know what he was doing."

"Guys. Calm down." said Jazmyn. They turned to see her walking towards them with Nacho in her arms. One arm around him, the toddler sat on her hip. "If Breanna wants to keep him, I don't see the harm." She touched the tip of his nose and he giggled. "Nothing this cute could be a danger."

Kaj was walking, reading a book. She bumped into Jazmyn's back, then looked at the group, then the little boy. "What's going on?"

"They wanna kill Nacho!!" Breanna cried. Beth and Baracia glared at them, but retreated due to the new found respect they had for the girls. They were still disgusted by the organics, but respected them none the less.

Jazmyn set the boy on the ground, but he still clung to her leg. "Should't you get ready to leave?"

Beth and Baracia looked at her, then groaned. "Well for once, I got to agree with you Organic." said Beth. "Breanna. Get the brat ready, we leave before dawn."

Kaj looked at the boy. He tilted his head back and looked at her upside down. "Up?" he asked. "Pwease? Up? Up?" As Jazmyn bent to carry the boy, Nacho wobbled over to Kaj. "Up?" His arms held out to her, his blue eyes looking at her. She froze where she stood, just looking down at him.

"Kaj?" asked Jazmyn, seeing her discomfort. The fire demon blinked.

"I'm too tired..." she said, quickly walking past them. "I'm going to sleep." Kaj couldn't do it. She just couldn't, not after... Logan...

***
1792 a.d. England

Howlett picked up a comb and untangled his mahogany red hair. She touched the cut on his cheek, the nine yearold flinched. "How'd you get this?" she asked. The boy pulled away from her hand. Howlett gently, but firmly, held his face. She was careful of the cut this time. "It's alright. I won't get mad."

"Someone at school... called me a bastard..." he murmured. "...And we got into a fight..."

Howlett gave a soft smile. She stood up and walked away, a few minutes later was back with some bandages and different medicines. The iodine stung his skin a little, but after that, it felt cool and didn't hurt. Howlett opened a small glass jar and rubbed some aloe vera gel onto the open cut. "That should heal up nicely. Anything else I should know about? Logan?"

"No..." he whispered, looking away. Then he smiled grandly. "Mama, the rain's ending! Can we go out now?"

"Alright. Go get your coat." The boy ran out the room and retrieved his coat. Logan pulled on the wool clothing and thick rain boots. The woman laughed at how fast he was sometimes, and his emotions went from one thing to another... but that didn't matter anymore. After all her years of running, now she could slow down and have a life.

The weather was absolutely dreadful, but Logan still had a large smile. He ran and splashed in puddles, and laughed somemore. Howlett walked after him, holding an umbrella. She didn't like this type of weather, it made her feel... weak. When she had caught up to Logan, he had stopped to look across the street at something. Howlett stopped too, and looked at the same thing.

Two woman, dressed in gowns and cloaks of high society looked at Howlett and Logan. They both had umbrellas, and began talking behind their hands about them. Yes. Howlett knew it was them the Nobles were talking about, she could hear them.

"That's her. That woman!" whispered the first one. "She says her husband died before the little hethen was born."

"My, my my... I'm betting that's a bunch of lies. Probably ran off with his mistress." said the other. They both laughed then kept walking.

Logan's soft blue eyes turn to ice, furious. For he could hear just as well as his mother. The boy was gentle natured, but when provoked, was worse then any fullblooded demon. Howlett saw he was slipping, angry at the words they had spoken against her. Fire began forming around his hands. She quickly gripped his hands, holding them tight.

"I'm here, baby." she smiled. "I'm here." His eyes turned back to their happy glow. He squeezed her hand back, then pulled her into the puddles with him. Her skirts were dampened, soaked at the seams, but she gave little worry. If it pleased Logan, that's all she cared about.

They walked until they reached the river, there they would cross over to the other side of the road and keep walking. Logan stopped in the middle of the stone bridge, and looked over the side at the water. She heard the rain get lighter and lighter. She closed her umbrella and held out her hand. The rain had indeed stopped, but a thin mist hung in air, still making her feel miserable.

"AHH!!" Logan screamed. Howlett turned to see a clear tentacle wrapped around him. It was the water, it had taken on a physical form and had the boy in a bind. Fire jumped from Howlett's hands, turning the water to steam. She reached out, tying to grab him. But the water shot out at her, knocking her into the smooth stone. Her eyes blurred, and she struggled to stand. "Mother! Mother!! NOO!!"

The water wrapped around her, pinning her against the wall. It froze to ice, and she struggled against it. Weakened because of the rain, she couldn't operate at full power. She screamed out to him, but... he was gone. Pulled down into the depths of the river. When it was gone, the ice melted, and she was free. She ran to the side of the bridge where the water had pulled Logan in. No. He ws gone... and she knew who had taken him.

***

SNAP!! Jazmyn's eyes opened to see her English teacher looking down at her. The woman's indigo eyes angry, and a scowl on her face. "Could you please read the next line?"

She blinked groggily, then sat up. Jazmyn looked at the page, she didn't know where the hell they were, and frankly she didn't care. So she just began reading. "The photograph quivered as Hampton handed it back..." her tone was monotonous. Their were giggles all around the room, so Jazmyn knew she had the wrong page.

"Psst!" Chi whispered. "Page 194, 'Penny sat...' "

Jazmyn flipped the page in her book to the page and began again. "Penny sat on the edge of her bed, listening. The sounds came again. Scraping, hissing. A soft thump, a faint click, and again a thump. A far off, rattling, shuffling noise. Far off-- but getting closer." The bell rang. Everyone closed their books, and packed up. The teacher wrote somethings down in her gradebook, then glared at Jazmyn.

"So why'd you fall asleep?" asked Envi, "Didn't you get enough sleep last night?"

"Last night? Pfft!" Jazmyn blew a raspberry. "With all the racket with Nacho, Breanna and Beth?! 'Get off me!' 'Don't touch me brat!' 'Don't call him a brat!!' The list goes on." The vampire yawned loudly. She was lying through her teeth, but why let her friends worry? The truth of the matter was, if she were tired enough Jazmyn could sleep though any noise. The sounds from last night were murmurs, compared to the screams and arguements that were at the orphanage when she was young. Jazmyn didn't rest well, because of the nightmares. Worse then a few night ago, where she dreamed of her mother, not wanting her. She yawned again, louder this time.

"...and then the applesauce exploded! Right on the table!" said Envi laughing.

"Ahh, yes. Good times." said Burn.

"When did this happen?" asked Jazmyn.

"This morning at Breakfast." smiled Elen. "I was practicing a new trick, and the spark fell in Kaj's applesauce."

"Speaking of trick, I'm off next hour." said Burn.

"Us too." said Elen, Envi, and Chii. Elen turned to Jazmyn. "What about you? Did you already take Mr. Night's test?"

"GRAAAUGH!!" Jazmyn groaned. "I totally forgot! With all the damn fighting we did with those chimera thingies, the hollows... Verve Sectors... I forgot my due date!"

"Maybe he'll give you en extention on the due date." said Burn.

***

"Sorry, but no." responded the man. Mr. Night scribbled a student's grade on the clipboard. Then flipped to another page. A chart of dates and names. Finding Lun, Jazmyn, he shook his head again. "Today's the day you go."

"...nrrrrrrrruaaaaahhh..." she groaned, her eyes half open. He looked up from his clipboard at her, his silver eyes meeting her golden ones. The area around her eyes was dark, due to her lack of sleep. Yet, her irises themselves weren't dull at all, but seemed more vibrant then usual. "...Okay... let's get this over with..."

***

"How do you think she'll do?" asked Daisy, sitting on the grass a few hundred feet away from the pair. "Do we really need to sit this far? I can't see squawt."

"Read the sign." Chi thumbed to a small pickette sign. 'For outdoor combat classes, all bystanders must be this far.' Small arrows pointed down at the ground. 'Right here. Not there. But here.'

Jazmyn looked at her friends gathered on the fleece blanket. They saw her looking and they each held up a piece of of paper that made a large poster. "GO JAZMYN GO!!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CartoonQueen262 on May 25, 2007, 1:05:07 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Whoa... I wonder but.. who took him? Whoo!! Breanna gets mad! Awesome
chapter my friend, even if your brain did melt, you still write wonderfully!

Demonic_Sora on May 24, 2007, 5:15:30 PM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_SoraAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

LOGAN!!! MY BABY!! T_________T Dude that made me so sad. I love this story, its fantastic with how many different characters you can bring into it. But oh, that made me sad DDD: I love my Logan. Im curious as to who took him..>:

Well anyways n__n next chapter -runs to it- 83 Gewd job my friend