Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Everything

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 15 - Everything

Chapter 15 - Everything
chapter eleven: Everything

"Oi!" her teacher shouted. "You ready?" He was dressed in a sweat suit, black with a white stripe down each leg and arm. And a pair of lifeguard sunglasses. He was more laid back, more relaxed. Jazmyn growled a little. He was late, by fifteen minutes, to his own class. Night was wierd, no wierder then wierd, he was a fricking enigma.

"You're the one who shows up late!" she snapped back, stifling a yawn. "Yeah. I'm ready."

"Rodunn!" he shouted in her direction. "Catch!" Night fished in his pocket and pulled out a stop watch. He pulled back his arm, and threw it easily, a hundred feet. "Press the button when I say go." He unzipped the top part of his suit and tossed it on the ground. Underneath he wore a grey tank that bared his arms. No one had ever really seen the man without his usual clothes, suit pants, a button down shirt and a tie.

Twenty... two? He was young, was all everyone was sure of. Somewhere in his early twenties. Ian Night was a vampire, like Jazz, Daisy, and Vee. But unlike any of them had specialized in unobjectal spells (spells without talismans, or incantations), mindspells and knew enough about the dark arts to teach how to defend themselves from it.

Jazmyn blushed a little. No wonder most of the girls had fawned over him. Night's frame was slender, but muscular, like a runner or a swimmer. His skin was a few shades darker then hers, and his eyes were silver. Night wore his hair short, but long enough in the front so he could spike it. "GO!!!"

The man disappeared. Jazmyn yawned again, and rubbed her left eye. Everything seemed to move in slowmotion, she was probably hallucianating. She leaned back, dodging his uppercut. The girl flipped back, completely avoiding him. When she stuck her landing, Jazmyn gave a suprised cry. Her hands went to her side, she left one of her ribs. It had been broken, without any contact. Her eyes opened fully to look at him.

"If you get attacked by something more advance then a hollow, what'll you do?" he asked. Night kept his body low and ran for her. Again, everything slowed down, and Jazmyn saw his movements. Instead of striding, and moving his arms like a runner, Night's arms were at his sides, and his hands back. A jaguar, that's what his style reminded her of. He struck her stomach with an open palm.

She felt his magical aura, it wasn't like anyhing she felt before. Jazmyn was lifted into the air, then thrown into the ground. Jazmyn's vision danced. 'Maybe she didn't want you!' Her eyes blinked.

Night brought another punch on her. "Fire style! Tiger!!" The ground quaked when he made contact, sending out a cloud of dust. When the sand cleared, Night saw he hadn't knocked the girl out.

Jazmyn had her arms crossed, fists clenched, blocking his shot. "Earth style! Ox!" Her pupils had shrunk to small needlelike slivers, like a cat.Her hands opened and she muttered something. "Fire style! Sakura-jin!" Small sparks jumped out the center of her palms, soon turning into wild flames. The fire engolfed them both, causing Night to retreat. He took a stance, ready for her next attack. The fires swirled around her, then her arms extended she sent them at her teacher.

Night punched the fire infront of him, sending it spiralling into nothing. Jazmyn's body swayed back and forth, he could see the fatigue rushing through her. He growled, grinding his teeth a little. Taking a deep breath he released more Chi through his hands. Night struck her stomach area again, open palmed, but she dodged like last time, this time completely evading his attack. Before her hands touched the ground, his kicked her in the back, sending her rolling across the grass. "Wake up! Damn you!"

She gasped for air, slowly standing up. "I'm too fracking tired!!" she screamed, coming at him. Night turned a hall rotation, dodging her punch, but couldn't escape her kick. Night was suprised at the power behind it. She dropped her head, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry... That I forgot... but I haven't slept well in a fracking week... I haven't eaten in two days... I'm sorry if I'm a little PMSy!!"

Jazmyn hopped into the air, six inches above the ground, then disappeared. She reappeared above Night, and spun into a rollout kick. It hit him in the back of the head, making him lurch foreward. He grabbed her ankle and threw her into the air, at least three miles up. He shot up after her. Jazmyn was thrown like a ragdoll into the air, her eyes wide. Night smiled a little, his silver eyes gleaming.

'Finally. This girl's a little frightened.' he thought, but realized the look in her eyes wasn't fear.

Her irises were wide, nearly taking up the entire cornea, but her pupils were only needles. "I'm not scared of you." she replied, a smooth monotonous voice. "I haven't had a fight like this... in years." When gravity finally took it's toll, and Jazmyn began to fall, the real acrobats began. She kept her arms out, then her left leg infront of her right, spaced out two feet. Jazmyn leaned forward, sending her body into a spin.

Like a pinwheel toy. Night braced himself, blocking her attack. 'Interesting...' As he was about to punch Jazmyn, she used the failed kick to push off him. Seconds later, her knees were locked around his neck. 'What is she doing?!' Both knees jabbing into his chin, his hands were behind his back, Jazmyn held them in place. '...so that's her plan...' One last flip in midair, turned Night upside down, having him facing the oncoming ground.

Both of them crashed. Envi looked at the stop watch as it beeped. Ten minutes. "TIMES UP!!" she shouted.

When the dust cleared, Jazmyn was still holding onto Night, his body pressed against the ground. Her grip loosened and she hopped off him. The teacher stood up and dusted himself off. "You're just full of suprises aren't you?" he laughed. "Your defense needs a little work... And your offense... It's very unorthodox to stay the least. Your total grade is... let's see..." Night counted on his fingers then looked at the sky. "...B+? Or maybe an A-?... A-! Yep. God job Miss Lun."

Jazmyn grumbled at his, somewhat bubbly attitude. She turned and began to walk away. He foot got caught on a rock, causing her to fall. Night gave a short laugh, and smiled, seeing how tired she was, working that hard on a final she forgot about. Jazmyn deserved a good rest. He walked over to her, and gently tapped her with the tip of his gym shoe.

"Come on. Quit playing." he said. She didn't move. Night bent to her height, and checked her face. Her eyes were closed, and her cheeks were flushed. Jazmyn gasped shallowly, and moaned out softly. "Lun?" He felt her forehead. "frack." Night waved over to the other girls, and they came. "Go tell Ryota I'm coming with fever patient."

"Yes sir." said Elen.

He loaded her onto his back and headed back to school. Jazmyn's eyes opened halfway, and she watched everything go by. Blurred and dancing around her, she drifted off to sleep.

***

"Stop it!" she screamed. Her legs carrying her as fast as she could. "Get out! Get out! Get out!" She screamed out, covering her ears.

The intruder followed her, his voice clear in her ears. Jazmyn ran down the long hallway with doors on either side. She tried a door every few feet, but each one was locked. Locked. Locked. Locked. She cried, tears streaming and voice walling. "Stop it! please! STOP IT!!"

"You killed her!" he laughed. "She died because of you!" He laughed even louder.

"Somebody! Help!" she tripped. And was at the mercy of her attacker. He stepped on her white nightgown, holding her in place. He raised a sword, then brought it down. The figure turned into smoke and was gone. She blinked out her tears, and got up again. "I don wanna be here... I don't want to be here... Please... leave me alone."

The girl walked down the hall, then opened a door. The lights of the new hall came on one by one. She realized the room shown brighter then it should have, due to the lack of light fixtures. Her hand touched the wall, quickly pulling it away cool surface. Jazmyn turned to see a mirror that took up the entire wall. She looked at herself, dressed in her black and white school uniform, but the reflection was dressed in a pair of torn jeans and a black shirt with pink cherry blossoms.

She also looked younger, about ten or eleven, whenever her body hadt quite blossomed. Jazmyn touched the mirror, but her reflection didn't comply. The girl looked up, but turned away, a small hiccup escaped her body. The small hiccups soon turned into sobs. '...That's right... I hated myself at this age...' she walked over to another mirror. This reflection gave her current age, not much change she noticed other then the length of her hair, which reached past her waist. The uniform she wore was from the last boarding school she went to. The reflection smiled at her, even though she wasn't smiling.

Every mirror held a different form of her, from different times of her life. Jazmyn stopped infront of the last mirror on the wall. It had a five year old Jazmyn, wearing a white underslip and a black ribbon around her neck with a small tearshaped jade. The sleeves barely fit her skinny frame, she looked like a starving third world child. The little girl looked up at her, her big golden eyes brimmed with tears.

"Where is mother?" she asked, a low half moan. The older Jazmyn didn't have the answers, so she turned and walked away. The little Jazmyn reached out the mirror and grabbed he hand. She couldn't face her, she didn't have the answers. "Please...? I just want Mother."

"I don't know." she whispered. 'I don't know."

"Liar!" said the younger one, her voice shaking with sobs. "Why are you lying?"

"I'm you, remember? If you don't know... Then I don't know." Jazmyn said, not facing her still.

The little one kept repeating it over and over again. "Liar! Liar! Liar!" She grabbed Jazmyn's skirt and began hitting her back with her small fists. "You're lying! Tell me where mother is!"

Before Jazmyn could say anything, a voice responded. "She does know where she is." hissed a voice. "Six feet under." They turned to face another mirror, this one on the wall that conjoined the hall at the end. It was a large vanity mirror, round with a silver frame of lionsclaws and eagle wings. The little one clung onto Jazmyn's uniform, fearful to let it go.

The dark area inside the mirror cleared to show another Jazmyn. Her eyes were red, and her black hair was matted down on her head, and clung to the area around her face. She wore a white, practically see through, nightgown, that also clung to her body. A wet substance that the little Jazmyn didn't want to see. Large amounts of crimson blood, sprayed on in what must have been either a fight... or a slaughter. "Just like MeMe." She chewed on her long clawlike nails, showing off her three inch long fangs.

Her hands came out of the mirror and reached for the younger one. Jazmyn reached down and held her close. The vampire turned and ran, back down the hallway of mirrors or her life. The blood drenched demon laughed and followed after her just as fast.

A mirror blocked her way, but she was too scared to care. She bent over the girl and rammed into the glass. It shattered, and they fell. Slowly, like they had fallen in water. Fish floated around them, and stopped every few times to look at the girls. The demon jumped after them, nearly catching up. The little girl barried herself in Jazmyn's blouse and whispered something.

"Anu...protect us...!" The jade necklace glowed and something errupted from the gem. A great horned beast, with black fur and spikes down it's spine. Goldem eyes, but the cornea was a distinguishing silvery blue, just like it's antlers and spikes. On each foot there were only two toes, and a thumblike digit that was turned up like a velociraptor.

The demon hissed at Anu, and Anu growled loudly. She retreated back to the mirror world, seeing the creature was too much of a challenge. Jazmyn fell to her knees, her ribs felt like they would break due to the speed her heart was going. The little Jazmyn breathed heavily, her eyes closed, and body quivering. Anu turned to them. It's grand snout breathed in their scent, pulled Jazmyn's hair and nibbled on her sleeve. It flicked out it's tongue over the little one. Seeing the danger pass, the huge animal walked around them and began in another direction.

'Follow.' she said.

"Where? This is my head! Why can't I--" Anu turned around and looked Jazmyn in the eyes.

'No question. just follow.' she said. 'Nightmares caused by intruder. Intruder wants you dead.'

***

Burn Lynn sat in the library, reading the entire section on Telekinetics. She sighed heavily, then flopped on the pile of books. Damning what little knowledge she knew, and damning the repetative information in the books. Nothing new, 'Earth demons', 'Forest Nymphes' and blah blah blah. She remembered things that had happened the day before. Chimeras were climbing up the walls, and broke into the school. Fifty kids were badly hurt, and others had to be transfered to other schools. Danica had even threatened to tell the superintendant about Burn and Els hanging with the Shadow division. The dog was annoying.

"Halfbreeds this! And halfbreeds that!" Burn remembered Danica saying. Her azul eyes glowing with magic, "Maybe you are a halfbreed. I've never seen such ugly eyes like yours. They're the same color as that bastard Chase."

Enraged, Burn picked up a book, stood up, and pulled her arm back to throw it. Dreamer was sitting across from her, smiling her happiest smile. It startled Burn, making her stumble on the chair behind her.

"You'll get detention if that book get's damaged." she said. "Are these from the restricted section, are they?"

"Um, no?" she asked, nervously lying.

"Well that's good." said Dreamer, flipping through a book on Anthros. "Wouldn't want to kill you for reading forbidden material." Her dark green eyes looking over the brim of her glasses at her. Burn's orange eyes looked at her, keeping her cool composure. Dreamer's suave attitude melted into her playful one and she laughed whole heartedly. "I kid! I kid!"

Burn picked up the stack of books. "I was just angry... I didn't find what I was looking for." she said.

"Well, these books are quite old... I suppose we should get a few new ones." Dreammer waved her hand, and a dark vaporcloud formed. She reached into the vapor and pulled out a spiral journal. She quickly scribbled down a note. "Buy up to date articles on magic Ancestry." The journal disappeared along with the pen when she was done. "They should come by the end of the week. So any of these books... if you want... are yours."

Burn looked over the large stack in her arms. They were useless to her, she didn't find as much as she wanted on the subject. She had another though, they might be some good on the subject of who was attacking the school. "Thanks."

When Burn Lynn left, Dreamer sighed. "Hope you find what you're looking for... Sashiku."

***

"She's fine." said Ryota. "Just a flu... Her immune system is pretty screwed up. With the lack of sleep and eating, she just pushed herself a lttle too hard." Ryota brushed the girl's hair away from her sleeping face. Jazmyn stirred a little but didn't wake up. The nurse turned to Night. "I blame you."

He shrugged. "A flu is nothng but a cold for vampires." he said, his eyes half open. "By tomorrow she'll be up and about."

"That still doesn't excuse you." said the inu, tapping a plastic clipboard on his head. "Stop acting all high and mighty and think before you act you old Geezer."

"You're Thirty-two." he said dryly. His silver eyes looked at Ryota's purple hues. "That's a good ten years ahead of me." "That's not what I heard." she smiled, and said singsongly. "This girl has come down here to get bandaged every couple of days, Ian. I'd really like it if you weren't one of the people sending her in." He stuck his tongue out at Ryota when her back was turned. Smiled at him, then sent a punch his way. As he caught her fist, Night felt his hand tingle. Ryota slacked her hand, slippingout of his grasp. He looked at the center of his palm, the skin was seared off clear to the bone. Night made a disgusted face, then looked at Ryota.

"I could have been a teacher too, Mr. Night."she smiled, turning away from him. Ryota reached in the cupboard and threw him a roll of bandages. "Quit being such a hard @$$, Old Man. And loosen up."

***

"Wher are we now?" asked Jazmyn. Massive bookcases lined the walls, reaching to the ceiling that looked like it could go on forever.

"Dreams." said the little girl. "This is where everything is stored."

"Doesn't this seem a little much?" asked Jazmyn. "For fifteen yeas of data?"

Anu yawned loudly, showing off her rows of teeth. Jazmyn saw the beast had two rows of teeth. Similar to the set a shark would had, but one was completely flat, like wisdom teeth. Her first row, closest to her lips with all razorlike, curved slightly inward for gripping. She sneezed, the quils on her spine standing up. Her jaws leaned over the little girl, and picked her up by the spagetti straps of her gown.

"I gotta go... we're not aloud in here." said the little one. Still hanging from Anu's mouth, little Jazmyn hugged Jazmyn around the neck. "Bye."

Anu took a few steps back, crouched her legs and in a 'woosh' was gone, up the sides of the library back through the mirror door. Jazmyn looked at all the books. She reached on the closest shelf and pulled one out. The book look years old, the leather binding ready to tear. Jazmyn skimmed through it, only to find she couldn't read any of it. It was all in a kanji-like script, hundreds of symbols per page.

"This is restricted Access." said a voice.

"Well, this is my mind, so I don't think it matters." responded Jazmyn, skimming through another book. Still covered in the the same wriitngs.

"You..." she said. There was a movement and a rattle of metal. A curved broadsword was on Jazmyn's shoulder. "...Are the intruder."

***

Kaj was asleep on her bed, a book on her face and her leg over the edge. She was so tired. It had started drizzling over an hour ago, and the weather had rubbed off on her. the air was damp, and heavy; it felt like her power had been drained from her body. Kaj didn't like this... she never again wanted to feel this weak, and she never had. Until today for some reason.

Whenever it rained, snowed, hurricaned, or any wet climate, Kaj had been at level. The lowest she had ever been was half power, but today... she could barely stand. There was a knock on the door.

She slid the book from her face. "Who is it?" she asked, not getting up.

"Burn, I got some stuff for you guys." shed said.

"It's open." said Kaj, pulling the book back over her face. 'So what do you have?"

"Books. I hoped they might have some information on my powers, but so far nothing. Just the same old, same old.'Earth demons' and 'forest nymphes and blah blah blah." Burn set them on the desk, some of them fell on the bed next to Kaj's shoulder.

Kaj slid the book off her face. She reached up and took hold of a book called, 'Elements and Their Forms.' She flipped through it, she stopped on a page about fire elementals. '...few are born. More are made from the corpses of loved ones, trying to ressurect them. Alchemy, is the closest one has come to creating real Pyrokinetics, but false humans...' Kaj tossed the book aside and picked up another one. 'Vampires, The Truth Behind the Fangs.'

'Yeah, I thought Jazz might find that interesting.' said Burn, sitting on the foot of the bed. "Her emotions are all over the place... With MeMe and her parents... Then Danica... And Chase is a handful on his own!"

"So how is he?" asked Kaj, speaking from under the book on Vampires.

"Who? Chase?" Burn turned her orange eyes at Kaj's azul and crimson hues.

Kaj grinned, showing off her sharp teeth. "Not him... I mean his friend... Lao Jiang?" Burn rolled her eyes. "he's kinna cute, dontcha think?" Kaj picked up another booth and sat up. She opened it on her lap and began to read. "..Maybe I'll ask him out sometime--"

"You can't!" said Burn. Her face turned red when she realized how loud she was. "I mean... you can't... because I..."

"Burn Lynn's got a crush!" laughed Kaj. "And on a Shadow Division student none-the-less!!"

***
Chii and Envi walked down the hall. Towards the infirmary. The biodroid went ridged when she saw a Verve Sector walk out the infirmary. Chii walked past her, but Envi stood where she was. She ran her fingers through her shoulder length earthen hair. The brunette strutted past like she owned the world.

Ever since she first came to Mercy, Envi had the strongest dislike for the girl. Her dogy attitude, arrogance... The Spanish girl couldn't stand her. And what she had said to Jazmyn, after MeMe died, had broken the camel's back.

"Danica Marat!" shouted Envi. The brunette turned, her sapphire eyes glowing. "What the hell did you do to her?"

She looked at the girl, a calm look, but her eyes ablaze in fury. "Hmph." Danica turned around and kept walking. Envi ground her teeth, then came at the witch. A fast uppercut, nearly struck Danica's side.

"Helmae deus!" A shield of white flames haulted Envi's attack, sending her back a few steps.

"Why the frack is she sick?! Huh?! We all know how you hate Shadow Division, so why try and deny it?!" she growled.

"I'm not denying anything." snapped Danica. "But seeing how stupid you are..." Danica laughed. "I'm better then that Halfbreed in every way. I'm more graceful, more beautiful, and more magic abled. If I wanted to fight her, do you think I needed to really on dirty tricks like a flu?" Danica turned away, and kept on walking. "I'm a Marat. French blood. Noble blood. Why disgrace myself with trash like her?"

Envi dusted off her uniform. She cursed at the sight of her burnt hem. She shoved her hands into her jacket's pockets and walked into the infirmary. Chii was standing a foot away from the bed.

"Christal, what's up?" asked Envi. As she tried to approach the bed, she bumped into something. She rubbed her nose, then touched the invisible wall. "what the hell? Ryota! What's going..." Envi and Chii saw the Inu woman laying on the floor unconscious. "... on?"

"Well, first the dog, now a wolf and a doll." The Door slammed shut. "Hello Ladies. My name is Donovan... And I'm here to kill you."

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

DawnyaBURN on May 26, 2007, 3:11:11 PM

DawnyaBURN on
DawnyaBURNLOL SASHIKU. Where'd SHE come from? Sashiku is a HO. lalala. I'm half asleep.

Sashiku: >_> You stay away from Lao, you HUSSY.

HAHAHA. I LIKE READING THIS STORY. LOL I'M BLONDE. -falls alseep-

Elen on May 25, 2007, 9:08:23 AM

Elen on
Elencliffy!! D:
I like the suspeeeeense! and lots of things are happening, it never gets boring <3
update soon ^^

CartoonQueen262 on May 25, 2007, 1:28:43 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262I agree with the Kaj, Anu is PWNS! And I can see that Dancia is being a dog again, and the Donovan...Ready to kill eh?I can already see a fight coming...

Demonic_Sora on May 24, 2007, 5:56:02 PM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_SoraOH NOES. DONOVAN!!!! -dramatic horror music-

83 Good chapter, Jazzy-chan. I like Anu x3 ANU PWNS THA NOOBS!!!

Anyways, cant wait for somemore ~__^