Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Satifaction

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 16 - Satifaction

Chapter 16 - Satifaction
chapter twelve: Satisfaction

"...so... What else is new?" asked Envi, her eyes narrowed. She ran her fingers through her hair, pushing her brown bangs away from her eyes. "I am really loving this school. Fun around everycorner."

Donovan sat on the bed, next to the girl. His hand reached out, brushing her ebony locks away from her face. "Such a pretty little girl." he said. "Too bad." He unsheathed a knife from his belt. "She's going to die!" Her hand was at his throat before he coud react. 'She's awake?!'

Her eyes were dulled, and glazed over, Jazmyn was still asleep. "Por que? Quiero que hacer?" Her grip tightened. "Que necesito el muerto... de Mi?" With the pressure on his neck, Donovan didn't realize his guard was down, and the shield had shattered. Envi came at him, her arms around his head and neck. Tight like a boa constricter, ready to pop his head.

"I'll tear your damn head off if you so much as blink." Envi snarled in his ear. From the corner of his eyes, Donovan looked at her. Fury written all over both of them.

"Tell me Doll... Can you swim?" he asked.

"Why should I tell you?" she hissed, tightening her death grip on him.

"Hydrius portalius!" Both were engulfed in a mass of bubbles. A blinding light and they were gone.

The door slid open and Burn and Kaj walked in. "What happened?" asked Burn. "We felt a demonic aura... And now it's gone."

Chi looked at Jazmyn. She was fast asleep, again. "A demon tried to kill Jazmyn... But Envi caught hiim, now they're gone...."

Kaj spotted Ryota on the floor. She knelt next to the woman, and picked her up. She set the inu on a cot and pulled the blankets over her. Kaj noticed all the wet spots on the floor. "Why's there water all over the place?"

"The demon... I think that's how he got in... He said his name was Donovan." Chii saw Kaj's ivory white ears twitch, her entire body went rigid.

"What did you say?" she asked, just above a whisper.

"The water demon said his name was Donovan." Chii repeated.

Kaj turned. Burn and Chii both froze as Kaj stepped past them. The look she had in her eyes, it was an fury neither girl had ever seen. And a grin, where her sharp canines poked her upper and lower lips. Excitement, and glee and fury and rage, all wrapped into one. She giggled a little, the sound made Burn and Chii shiver. The giggles were similar to the demented little girl Beth.

'A little water demon named Donovan...' she thought, as she closed the door. '...What a co-wink-ky-dink!' Kaj turned, and ran as fast as her demon body could take her. If what Chii had said was right... Then they'd be in the pool.

***

"Woah!" Jazmyn jumped out the way, the blade missing her by a few centimeters. "I'm not the intruder!"

"Lies." said the guard. She tried stabbing Jazmyn, repeatedly, but the vampire kept dodging. "I shall destroy you... Whether it beith by request..." The Glaive cut through a book case, causing hundreds of books to fall. "...Or Force."

"I'm not the intruder!" she screamed.

"Oh?" The guard stopped. She adjusted her porceline mask with one hand, and the other held the large glaive. The bladed weapon gently lifted up Jazmyn's skirt. "Dressed in garb unknown to thee. Eyes like amber, and skin like the earth. Nay, surely, you are not the intruder, then who?"

"I don't know!" she said. The guard moved foreward quickly, too fast for Jazmyn to react. Jazmyn's struck the weapon on the side of the blade, causing the metal to reverburate in the guards hands. It spin so the blade faced down, and she wrapped her arm around it. The guard grew angry and pulled the blade, swinging it free. She spin the weapon, and it sliced through Jazmyn's sleeve.

The material fell to the ground, revealing Jazmyn's left arm. A small mark apeared, thin vine like barbs that wrapped around her arm. Just an inch of two thick. The guard lowered her weapon, it disappeared in a black and silver vapor. "...Anu... My my my..." She scratched the back of her head. "...No wonder I could not recognize you. You look very different in this body."

"Anu? The big wolf with horns?" Jazmyn adjusted her skirt. "She's the one that lead me here." The guard looked at her. She laughed. "What's so funny?! You nearly cut me to ribbon!"

"Just thinking." she replied. Jazmyn looked at the woman. She was tall, and had a slender-tone body. She wore a dress that was split at the sides to show off her legs, and buttoned over the chest horizontally. At the shoulders the black material ended, and flourished into long white sleeves, that almost reached her knees. The trimm was red on the sleeves, vents and neckline. Her mask was black with sharp red points and a small horn on the top of the left side. The right side had a hole to show off her eye, an onyx black iris and a milky pupil. "I am Uong Zaizieate. You may call me A-te."

"Um hmm." Jazmyn narrowed her eyes at the woman. "Sure. You wouldn't know any reason why they'd bring me her--? Hey! I'm talking to you!!" A-te had begun to walk away. She looked over her should at Jazmyn. "Why am I here?"

"They?" asked A-te. "No reason... other then this is the safest place from the intruder. But if you stay here any longer, you won't wake up." A-te turned away and kept walking. "And die."

"Die?!" she asked. "Then how do I get out?!!"

"What do you do in a library?" asked A-te, still walking. "That should give something to do." She crouched, then lept up the sides of the bookcases. And like the great Anu, A-te was gone. "Think about it, Child."

"but I don't understand the--!" screamed Jazmyn. But the masked woman was gone. "DAMNIT!!" She rubbed her temples then picked up another book. "I wonder what everyone else is doing today?"

***

Donovan and Envi came to the pool. He knew the doll was heavy, because of all her mechanics. He threw the girl in the water, with such force it would have shattered every bone in a normal human. But Invidia Rodunn was no ordinary human.

Seconds later, she shot out of the water. Remembering the moves between Night and Jazmyn, she spun herself into a deadly pinwheel. Her booted feet hit Donovan in the back on the neck, between his head and his shoulders. His body skipped across the pool, making a sickly 'CRAK!' as he hit the tiles on the other side. He began to sink, but Donovan climbed out the pool. His head hung by his flesh, his spine well shattered.

"Nice move..." Donovan's hands held the sides of his head as he reset it. He popped the crick out his neck, then smiled at her. "For a Doll."

"Pyrius lobo!!" A large Fiery wolf came behind Donovan. It's jaws clamped down on his body, then exploded.

"Aquos helmae!!" A bubblelike structure of water formed around him, extinguishing the attack. "Well, Niice to see you again Dearest Kaj."

Envi looked at the fire demon. 'He knows Kaj?!' Her gaze turned back to her opponent. He had fair skin, and black hair, with tips of indigo. His eyes where silveryblue, that had catlike pupils. Donovan wore white clothes with blue trim. "You're looking as pretty as ever."

"Draconius flaeritu des Ignituu!" Flames lept from her hands and danced across the water. Snaking their way to Donovan. He raised a wall of water, causing waves of steam to cloud the room. "You took him..." Kaj appeared beside him, her fist smashing into the side of his face. "Didn't you?!!"

In a shift hand movement, all the steam had turned back to water, then into a sword of ice. "Who, Dearest Kaj?! That little blue eyed brat?!"

"NRAURGHH!!" Kaj's nails turned into tallons. He struck her with the sword, sending her tumbled across the water. As Envi readied herself, Kaj shouted for her not to. "I'll kill you for what you did to me!!" Her Sword of The Fallen appeared in her hands. The two forces met, the metal and ice scraping against eachother. Sparks flew.

"What about what you did to me?!" Donovan snarled, his blue eyes ablaze. "All for a little Vampiran child?!"

"The last time we fought..." Kaj smiled, showing off her fangs. "I was sure I blew a hole in your chest." Her hands gripped the sword tightly. "IGNITIUS!!!" Fire exploded over both of them.

"The last time... You took my eye, and I see you're sporting it quite well." Donovan pointed to his left eye, indicating her left eye.

"Yeah. Musta hurt like a dog." Kaj put her sword down. She came at him, running on the balls of her feet. She struck upward, cutting deeply into his chest. As his crimson blood was spilt, a gust of wind threw her against the wall.

A woman dressed in white and silver looked at Donovan. "Really Donnie." she sighed. "Still moaning over spilt milk. Roy wants you back Now." She looked over at Kaj. "This body suits you better, Kaj." the ivoryblonde scoffed, "Now you look just as ugly on the outside as you do on the inside."

Kaj stood up, readying her sword again. "You always were jealous, Isabella." Kaj bent her legs slightly, ready to run and strike again.

"My name's Riza." said the woman. She ran her fingers through her waistlength white hair. Donovan engolfed himself in a water bubble and teleported away. A cyclone of wind and water covered Riza as she left. "Nice to see you again... Kaj Howlett."

***

1516~~?

In a tropical paradise, palm trees, sand, and sun. But things aren't always 'Sunny' in paradise.
~~
The 13 year old's hands were bloodied from her encounter with the boar. The damn thing was seven times her size, yet it saw her as a threat. The island girl checked her torn side, the blood was still gushing out. "I cannot die... Not yet..."

Her feet sunk into the mud, and she slipped down the hill. Anu tried to steady herself, but her injury cause her left leg to spasm. She tumbled down the slope, and fell into a pond. Anu lay face down in the shallow water for a moment, resting for a few seconds. But was brought back at the thought of him. And if he died... because she was too weak, again. Anu grit her teeth and stood up. She made her way through the mud and water to the opening of the cave at the base of the mountain.

Her beaded skirt stuck to her with claylike mud, boar saliva, and even her own blood. But she didn't care, it would be worth it in the end.

"What is it you desire?" asked the spirit of the cave.

Anu found her voice, and spoke. "An antidote... for the one I love..." Her hands held her side, trying desperately to stop the bleeding. "He was bitten by a red Viper."

"The answer you seek is inside." Roots reached off the walls of the cave. They reached into the back of the cave, where Anu couldn't see, and pulled something out. A clay jar, small and delicate, was held out to her. Anu held it, then took off the small lid. A white orchid with pink insides, was floating in the jar, surrounded by water.

Anu bowed to the Sprite, the left. Her body rejected her commands for movement, and she immediantly fell to her knees in the mud. She put the jar down gently. Anu dug her hands in the mud, pulling up handfuls of the darkened thick earth until she found it. The grey sand like clay underneath. Anu dugged her nails into it, and rubbed it on the open wound.

"I will not let you die Bacu..."She grit her teeth as the pain shot up her back to the center of her skull. The pain dulled and she stood up. 'I was being selfish.' Anu saw the large jackfruit trees ahead. Just beyond that forest were the rice terraces, then the village. She began running when she head the animal again.

The boar bellowed at her, as it rammed her body head on. Anu tucked the jar into her shirt, and fastened it so the object wouldn't slip. It's tusks drove into her leg, tearing upward to her hip. The girl was throw upward, screaming in agony. Anu fell to the Earth, ony to be gourged again by the animal. She drew a dagger from her belt and cut it's eye. The boar staggered back, bellowing and squealing, blood pouring from it's eye.

Anu ran into the forest, the searing pain tearing intoher leg and back. She saw the pond again, and realized the animal had disoriented her so much, she was backwards. She saw the hole she had dug earlier, and again tore out a small amount of Earthen clay. Anu pressed it against the side of her leg, doing her best to stop the bleeding. She turned and saw the huge boar stumbling towards her. One eye closed and bloodied, the other desperately looking around for her. It saw her and came at her. Anu hated her age, because she was a girl and only 13, she wasn't old enough to weild a sword. She unsheathed another dagger, and readied herself.

~~~

Eloni worked in one of the terraces. She couldn't bare seeing Bacunawa die. She stood up and stretched for a moment, the rice season would end soon, and the harvest would began. Eloni knew Anu wouldn't dance, if Bacu wasn't there. Just as she was about to start working again, a voice shouted. A joyous call of voices came.

Three year old Mula ran to her aunt. "Cousin Anu is back! Cousin Anu came back!"

Eloni picked up the girl and ran. When they reached the gates, everyone was surrounding the girl. Eloni pushed past them, to see her daughter. Anu held a bamboo rob, unable to stand on her own. Eloni nearly cried at the sight of her.

"Whe-Where's Manoy?" she whispered. As her uncles offered to carry her, Anu shouted, "Where's Bacunawa?!"

The crowd parted, allowing her to pass. Mula held her hand, guiding her to the house. She threw down the bamboo rod, and struggled up the ladder to the house struture. Inside, her aunt Kira was trying to make Bacunawa as comfortable as possible. The vemon was slowly killing him, and the pain was probably excruciating beyond belief. She fell into a sit next to him. Kira saw the girl, and moved to get closer to her. anu declined the medical attention and turned to Bacu.

He was struggling to breath, his face flush with a fever.

"Did you bring the flower?" asked Kira. Anu's hands were on her lap, and she picked the dried mud off her beaded skirt. "Well?"

"No..." she cried. Anu cursed herself for being tired. If she could save him, then she didn't deserve to live either. "I was not strong enough."

Eloni hugged the girl close. "It is all right..." she cooed. "I am sure you did your best."

"My best wasn't good enough!" she sobbed. "It was my fault Bacunawa got hurt! And now it is my fault he is going to die!" She whiped her eyes on the back of her hand. Anu kissed her mother on the cheek. "I want to stay with him... Alone."

Eloni and Kira nodded, and left. Anu looked at the man.17 years old, with straight black hair, and dark skin like hers. He was tall, and strong, and handsome. but most of all Bacunawa was kind to her, and always protected her. His amber eyes opened to look at her.

"Anu...?" he moaned. "Why are you here?" Bacunawa's hand reached up and touched her face, his thumb whiping away her tears. "Don't cry... You're too pretty..." He saw her torn clothes and bloodied side. "Are you alright?"

'The answer you seek is inside.' the spirite's voice echoed in Anu's mind. A sharp pain made her hand go to her side. Then a thought struck her. What if the sprite did not mean the orchid but...!

Anu stumbled across the room, to where her aunt kept the medicines. She sat next to Bacunawa, a bowl and a knife in hand. She lifted up her shirt and dug ot the clay from her wound. The grey substance fell into the bowl The bleeding had stopped, but Anu needed to bleed. She sunk the knife into her side, her life flowing into the bowl.

"ANURANG!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" shouted Bacunawa. He sat up, and pressed his hands on the gash. "Stop it! Now!"

Her fingers pressed the clay and the blood into a deep crimson color. She took the bowl and tilted it to his lips. "St-stop... worrying about... me..." Anu said, out of breath. He took the bowl from her, and drank. "The clay... Should soak up the venom... and my blood... will help heal you..." She looked at him, her golden eyes a glow, and a smile that reached ear to ear. "I love you."

She fell into shock from all the loss, and collapsed across his body.

***

Ka-bam!

Ian Night looked out the window. The rain poured in heavy sheets, He was grading papers, scribbling notes here and there, when the memory had just hit him. The vampire sighed. He looked over his books, one last time before shoving them into his desk and leaving. He ran his fingers through his spiky hair, then kept walking down the dimly lit hallway. Lightning and rain... It was raining that day too. The day that most vampires knew about. The day when Earth and Heaven, sealed away The One... Ian pushed the thought out his mind, right now he just wanted to relax.

He stopped infront of Dean Dreamer's office, and without knocking walked in. The woman's chair was facing the window, and her feet were propped up on the sill. The lights were off, so not to cause a power outage. Purple lightning flashed, lighting up the room for a few seconds. "Yes?"

"Why do I get the feeling, you know exactly what's going on around here?" he said, leveled.

"By what do you mean?" she said. Dreamer turned her chair to look at him, a happy smile on her face. "Dear, Mr. Night?"

"Quit playing all these damn games!" he said. Ian was loosing his temper. "You play the hero... and keep all these damn secrets! Like your name itself... It isn't your birthname, or even a relatively HUMAN name. In the old language, your name meant 'Purifier' or 'Destroyer'. And now you chose this name. 'Dreamer; The one whose mind creates and keeper of shadows.' "

"An equinox is due this year." she said, changing the subject. "The Heylin Eclipse is going to be at the end of the week... And a red harvest moon after that."

"I'm not done Drea--!" She was gone from her chair. A scythe's blade was at his throat.

"I've kept YOUR secrets from getting out, Night." she said, her voice like a snake. "The only one I let slip was that you're older then you look." Dreamer let go of the scythe and it disapeared in a black and red mist. "What do you want me to do? If I gave you The Jar of Shin, do you think it would help them... or hurt them? Hmm?!" Ian was silent. "That's what I thought."

"Uh-hmm." they turned to see Maniac standing in the doorway. "Am I interrupting anything?"

"No." said Night coldly. "I was just leaving."

***

Jazmyn picked up another book, and as she did, her eyes caught something against the wall. "A door?!! Yes!" She laughed as she cleared through the stacks of hardcovers and paperbacks. A door soon stood before her. It was white wood, with a golden lock and knob. There was a window, but the glass was black and not transparent. Jazmyn unlocked the door and cautiously it open.

On the other side was a wide and open space, a field next to a lake. A tree near the shore had a swing, crafted simply from two ropes and a board of wood. On that swing was a figure. A little, pink haired figure.

"M-MeMe?!" Jazmyn tore through the doorway, into the field. "MEME!!"

The ten year old looked over her shoulder at her. She smiled, and slid off the swing. MeMe took her time to reach Jazmyn, walking slowly, and enjoying the sunlight. A breeze rustled through her sunflower decorated sundress. Jazmyn practically glomped the girl, holding MeMe close, afraid to let go. At least here in her dreams,

"Zizineesama?" asked Miaruko.

nothing could spoil this.

"Yes, Me-chan?" Jazmyn whispered, hugging her closer.

Nothing.

In the happiest voice Jazmyn had ever heard, Miaruko Sol said, "I hate you." MeMe's hands pushed pushed on her chest, pushing her away. "Because." Jazmyn looked at the pink haired girl. Her sundress cut across the chest, her flesh torn jaggedly, and blood gushing out. A happy smile still on her face. "You killed me."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CartoonQueen262 on June 7, 2007, 3:47:06 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Donovan sounds like a bastard, taking away Logan the Kaj. Ya know the ending kinda sounded like something Beth would say if she were ever to die,excepted she might of sung it merrily while skipping backwards...Well
enough comparing my corrupted character with sweet little ol Meme,now time for the spazz like praise
 
OMG THIS STORY PWNZ SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!AND THE ZE DONVAN WITH THE WATER!!!AND THE FIGHTIN!!!AND THE EVIL AND KILLIIN!!AND THE
HATERED!!!AND..!!!..AND..!!!OOOOOOOOOOMMMGGG I SPOKE MY NATIVE LANGUAGE!!!!YEAH!!!VIVA THE LATIN!!!!AND DRAMA WAS SOOOO
TENSE I WAS AT THE EDGE OF MAH SEAT MAN!!!MEME HOW COULD YOU HAVE FORSAKEN THE JAZZ!!!WHY???!!!??
 
*inwards breath*
 
Wow.....This story is bloody brilliant, just brilliant...

Demonic_Sora on June 6, 2007, 8:20:08 AM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_SoraLOGAAAAAAAANNN...-strangles Donovan- DD< I WANT LOGAN BACK

RAWR..Im so happy you added more n___n I still lurv the story and all. Oh noesssssss, more characters and death DD: and more suprising twistsssss~!!!