Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Eyes Like Yours

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 17 - Eyes Like Yours

Chapter 17 - Eyes Like Yours
chapter thirteen: Eye like Yours

"This isn't real!" she cried. The girl's body limply fell out he arms. Her neck twisted at an impossible angle. "frack! This is not real!" She screamed. The tattoo on her arm burned. Flames licked at her right slereve, reducing it to nothing. The beauttiful Spring scene melted away into a graveyard like area. The ground barren of life, and trees withered and dead. Both tatooed arms burned like hell, fury and sorrow building up in her, Jazmyn Lun screamed.

Seeing his deed as done, the intruder left, just uttering above a whisper, "Shadow of Fear!" Too Bad it was above a whisper.

"You think this is funny, eh?!" her voice snarled. "I know how to find you, you fracking bastard from Hell!!!" Something told her, that if she fought the intruder in the real world, she wouldn't be able to you Lyra or Roex.

***

Jazmyn jutted up on the cot. She glanced around, it was twelve in the afternoon, a whole day later. She pulled up her sleeves, and saw on the areas above her elbows, and around her wrists had tribal like tattooes. She stood up and nearly slipped on the floor. Water. She sqawted down on the floor and inspected the watery footprint.

Her nose tingled. The scent of her Nightmare attacker lingered in the air, and it smelled similar to the water. Jazmyn stood up and took a wiff of the air. His trail wasn't fresh, most likely left the window open to cover his tracks, not to escape.

Running in the rain, Jazmyn was nearly struck by lightning, twice. But she made her way to forest. Why did all the things that attacked them, always retreat to the forest?! The magical coming out of her pours was like fire, her clothes weren't wet at all.

The thunder rolled, sending waves of sound through the young vampire's body. It felt... wonderful. Most people would complain about the rain, the wind and the thunder and lightning, but not Jazmyn. To her, something about storms, made her feel... awakened.

***

What was all that about?" asked Envi.

Kaj toweled off her orange and red hair. "We need to kill them... Before the end of the week."

"So we're putting a time limit on kicking their asses?!" Envi cracked her knuckles loudly. "Yeah heh heah! Just tell me how many there are, and I'm there."

"Just three." Kaj pulled the towel off her head. "Those two and another one. He's really tall, and brawny. He controls earth, rock and plantlife."

"So water, wind and earth?" asked Burn. "Where's..." Kaj made sparks jump off her hair to finish drying it off. "You were one of them?!"

"Puh-lease! I died before those crazy bastards even started the stupid group." Kaj said, leaning against the cool tiled wall. The other girls looked at her funny. "Well, since you guys'll find out sooner or later, better sooner then later. I'm a little over 400 years old. My real name is Kaj Howlett, and I'm a Homunuculis."

Elen walked into the pool. "What are you guys doing?"

"Nothing much? And you?" said Chii.

"Bored outta my mind." Elen said, scratching her head. "Sunday afternoon and not a thing to do. I mean, you guys are so bored you're hanging out here at Alejandro's pool." She sat next to Envi and Chii. "Waiting for the boys to come out and play?

***

Burn had seperated from the girls, travelling to Alejandro's library. Get a new start on things, try and find things she hadn't seen before. Her hands combed through the book one more time before setting it on the table and sighing. "Am I fricking missing something?!" she asked loudly.


"An indoor voice." said a voice. Lao Jiang pulled up a chair across from her. "Mind telling me why you're here?"

Burn looked at the boy. "My school has inadequate information on Telekinetics. So I thought I'd try Alejandro's books." She rubbed her eyes. "Damnit all."

Lao was silent, but he still looked at Burn. "Well, telekinetics aren't very common in humans because back when the world was still young, humans began to turn a deaf ear to what nature had to say. So those that do have telepathic powers, have very weak powers or are something other than human." He smiled at her. "Does that help?"

"Not really... I'm a gifted HUMAN... Not a nymph or a demon, and I must say, my powers are rather strong." she said. Her hands lifted the book up again, and she began to read again. She glanced over the book at Lao, and he looked back at her. Burn's cheeks flushed red. Lao held his head hands propped up by his elbows, his blue eyes looking at her read.

"Humans are just descendants of demons and nymphes." said Lao. Burn nearly dropped the book. " That's why most of them walk on hind legs or speak. But their powers are shorted out by mating with different breeds. Sort of like if you have a tabby and you keep breeding it's line 'til it has no more stripes."

"So, somewhere along my family, I'm part Nymph?" asked Burn, more interested.

"Something like that... Maybe like, three generations back?" The bell rang for fifth hour. "If you like, I could tell you more after school."

"Great." Burn smiled.

"Awesome." Lao turned and left, and as he was leaving, he said over his shoulder, "It's a date."

Burn finally dropped the stack of books she was holding, her face red with embarrassment. "D-d-d-d-d-d-d-date?" Her hands went up to her face, and she held her cheeks. "Date? Date?" Why the hell was she so bubbly around Lao? Usually, she would twist any boy's mind that would hit on her. But for some reason, she was relaxed when Lao was around. She liked it when he spoke. She liked it when he smiled. She liked it when he touched her--

"Nani~~?!" Her face turned even redder. 'Touch?! TOUCH?!!'

"Burn?" Chii stood a few feet away from her. Watching Burn do her silent panic dance. "What are you doing?"


Burn regained her cool. "Nothing." Burn knelt down to pic up the books she dropped. "I just dropped these books... one of them must have hit my foot." She smiled sheepishly.

"Oh... Well it's getting late. Our off hour just ended, so I thought I'd come find you." Christal turned sideways, she sensed something, but kept talking normally. "Here. Let me help you."

"Oh, thanks." Burn replied, sensing it too. Their eyes met for a split second before it came down on them.

***

Jazmyn stopped running when she felt like her ribcage would break. She sniffed the air, and found the intruder's sent was strongest here. In the middle of he forest, miles and miles away from school. Tall trees surrounded her, and everything looked the same. A gust of wind blew, the scent was strongest.

"Well looky looky what we got? Eh, Donnie?" shouted a woman's voice. She laughed, then out of no where, a blade came out of nowhere, and cut Jazmyn across the stomach. For a second Jazmyn made out the style of weapon. A scythe like blade hooked onto a long thick chain, good for both long distance and short range attacks. "Another Half breed."

"I'll deal with tis one Riza." said a man. "Go and have some fun with Kyle."

"Aye aye sir." Riza said, and rustled through the leaves.

He slipped out the trees, onto the ground a few feet away. "Well nice to see you up and awake, Jasmina." he said, giving her name a Spanish accent.

"Lyra! Roex!" The swords formed in her hands. "You smell like the idiot who was in my head." she said.

"You look like the girl I was killed over." Donovan countered. "Must be a descendant of the Hoe." He raised a hand above his head. Rain falling from the sky began forming a weapon in his hand. A large trident with a white handle, and the three points sharpened like blades with small hooks on the ends. "Meet the God of the Sea, Poseidan."

Jazmyn laughed, but not a happy, or even a mocking laugh. A laugh... that made his blood curdle. "It he supposed to compensate for soemthing?" Blood seeped out onto her jacket and blouse. Her grip on her swords tightened. They felt so heavy, and the ache in her arms wasn't helping either. One on her index fingers traced her cut and held up the crimson finger. "You've signed your death certificate... Now let's get on with the funeral."

***

Burn jumped out of the way from the woman's strike. The chain struck Burn sideways, letting her hear her own ribs pop out of place. She flipped out the way, then somersaulted on the top of a bookcase. "Christal! Where's the damn exit?!"

"Damnit!" Christal shouted. A few explosions later, Chii appeared behind Burn, their backs against eachother. "Every exit here is blocked with tree root and rocks." Christal pulled out a red scroll. "Summoning jutsu! Tora-Koh!" A white tiger bearing the symbol of the leaf village appeared. Ice began forming on the bookcase where his nails dung into the wood.

"Yes, Milady?" it asked.

"Cut through the vines aand get us out of here!" she said.

The huge tiger scooped both girls on it's back, then dove into the ruins. Tora-Koh was fast, the vines and quaking earth beneath his paws froze into ice. Turning sharping Tora-koh nearly collided with the Earthen wall jutting out the ground. Bounding up to a window, he sent a wave of cold through his path, freezing everything before and after him. The vines froze solid, easy to smash like glass. Tora-Koh bound up to the window, claws ready, when an unseen force knocked him down.

"Not so fast, kitty!" said the white haired woman. Riza readied her chained weapon. "The only way you two are getting out is in body bags!"
h
Burn and Chii looked at Riza. In unison they replied, "frack you dog." The woman became enraged. She threw the cained weapon and it sliced through multiple shelves of books at once. But the tiger, and it's riders disappeared before they fell. Chii pulled Tora-Koh back into the scroll and they seperated.

"I mean, what is up with the white hair?!" Burn laughed loudly.

"Yeah! last time I checked..." Christal chimed in. "Only old hags had whhite hair!"

Riza's face turned read. Those little hellbounds were making fun of her looks?! She looked at her reflection in the iced oover floor. She was stunning, beautiful, marvelous! How dare a little wolf puppet and her half psychic friend say anything! About! Her! Looks! Just as Riza was about to look away from the mirror, something came at her.

Squealing and shrieking, a little flying squirel jumped out of the mirror and clung to her face. Around it's little neck was a leafvillage head band, and tied to it's back was a scroll. As Riza tried to wrip the the damned creature from her face, it bit her hand and ran to the back of her head, then down her shirt.

"Eek!" she screamed. "Get it off! Get it off!" The animal ran out her sleave then back into the mirror. Riza smashed the mirror with a kick, then kept smashing it until it was nothing. As she raised her foot to smash another mirror, and explosion rocked her body, throwing Riza into a wall. When they saw she was down, Burn and Chii ran for the iced over door. They reached out for the door in unison, a force rammed into both of them, sending them into bookcases.

"you shouldn't let little tricks like that get you Isabella." said a man. Chii and Burn looked at the huge man. He was a fricking giant compared to them. And with one leg, had kicked both of them aside. He was taller then Riza, looming over her by almost two feet. "I mean, come on! A squirrel?"

Riza stood up, a river of blood coming from her open back. Her spine and organs well visible due to the amount of flesh she was missing. She breathed heavily, not facing either the man or the girls. Her skin regrew, reaching out like octopus tentacles and pulled her open back closed. "It was a rat!" she cried out. She stretched her arms above her head, a loud crack as her bones realigned themselves. "Pretty smart using that damn thing as a decoy and a weapon." She turned her head to them. Burn and Chii shivered. Part of Riza's face was missing, a huge chunk of her cheek's skin and tissue was burned away. She smiled, showing off her singed gums and teeth.

When she caught her reflection on an ice mirror, she screamed. "Oh you little doges!" She harshly pulled the chain, and the blade swung around her. She pulled it back, swung it around and lunged out at Burn. She dodged the attack then dove into another aisle. Chii used a smoke bomb to blide the woman, and get away.

"Kyle! Find the wolf! I'm going after the telepath!" Riza cried. Her skin pulled itself together, healing her face, not leaving so much as a scar. "Hellbound hoes."

***

Kaj sat on the windowsil, she skipped class because she couldn't think straight. Donovan, The Shadow of Fear, Logan, and they were just all coming back now? Of all times? She rubbed her head, trying to remember the last decade of her life. It was all normal, lik a human's life. It was only two years ago that she remembered her lifein the 1600s. But it was still pretty blurry, like someone had put a film over it. Nothing was clear, everything was mixed up, not in chronological order. She looked inside the room, the gymnasium floor was two stories down, and yet she loved this window in all the school. It was the best view of the sunset, which was especially amazing today.

The thick sheets of rain from this morning were now a fog that clung to the air, giving it a heavy, moist texture. The sky looked as though it were a water color painting and the colors began to run off the canvas. Shades of red dipped into pink, then purple then mauve blue that was splastered with stars. She smiled, then leaved back. She fell then pushed off the wall into a somersault. Kaj stuck her landing, and heard a slow and loud applause.

Kaj turned to face her intruder, a fireball ready in her hand. It died when she saw who her intruder was. He ran across the wooden floor and came at her. His sapphire eyes burning with hatred, he kneed Kaj in her stomach. She went forward, in both shock and pain and he brought a fist down on the center of her back. Her hands went out infront of her, and Kaj flipped to get him in a triangle hold. She fell, he had somehow dodged her. Her ribs broke before she realized what was happening. Kaj fell to her knees, a searing pain filling her chest and stomach. He stepped on her back, gently pushing her into the wooden floor. It cracked when he kicked Kaj into the floor.

"You...?!" she breathed. "Why?!" He moved his leg, and from the corner of her eye saw red electricity jump from his hands. "Why?!!"

"Because," he replied. Logan's hands raised, then her threw the power into Kaj's back. "RED LIGHTNING STRIKE!!!!" She screamed out painfully, the electricity hurting more then any fire, gun, or knife had. the lightning died, and Logan stepped over her unconcious body. He grit his teeth at the thought, leting her live! But he had his orders, drag out this fight as long as possible, until the end of the week. "Because." He repeated, ruffling his crimson and orange hair, smiling a devious smile. "Just because Mother."

***

Elen was still walking around Alejandro, bored as ever, she decided to find Vee and go exploring with him. There was a crowd of students and teachers, murmuring and blocking the path ahead. Elen wanted to see what all the hubbub was about, she she weaved her way into the crowd. Daisy saw her and tried to block her.

"What is it, Daisy?" Elen asked, confused at the vampire's actions.

"You don't want to see it." she replied, her voice nervous and low.

"Oh come on what could possibly--" She saw a blood covered monogramed jacket. The anicials was a double V. "Oh God no!" She pushed past them, she screamed when she saw him. It was Vee, the mauve haired Vampire-demon who loved to bug the hell out of Ellie, lying in a pool of his own blood. Dead.

Elen pushed them away and pulled Vee's limp body into her lap. She patted his cheek gently. "Comeon... quit playing you goofball!" she murmured. "This is't funny! Come... Come on... Vee! Say something! Anything! I'll let you spill tea all over my homework! just please!! Wake up!"

"Miss... He's... gone..." said a teacher. She gently pried Elen from Vee, and some students loaded him onto a carrier and took him into the infirmary.. She sat on the floor, her white blouse covered in blood. She looked at the ceiling, her eyes blurred with tears. It echoed in her mind again. 'Miss... He's... gone... gone... gone... gone'

Her head went down, her scarlet bangs falling into her eyes. "Who... The frack... did this?" she asked, fire forming around her hands. Whoever it was, his world was about to turn into a living hell or be sent there in pieces.

***

Donovan couldn't believe the hellbound halfbreed was keeping up with his moves. Trained on days on end, a body made from the best human parts. And he could control everything around them due to the rain, mist and fog. His fist clenched, commanding the fog around Jazmyn to turn into icicles. Like daggers they drove into her arms, cutting and slicing her up. She used her swords to deflect most of them but a handful got past her defenses, and stabbed into her skin. The cold temperatures felt like her skin was on fire, burning and stinging the entire time.

The ice and blood turned into a red vapor, blocking her vision when she went for an attack. Donovan's magical entity was blocked due to the amount of Jazmyn's blood floating around.

"Peek-a-boo!" His trident side swiped her. She blocked with Lyra and Roex, but something unimaginable happened. They broke.

***

Chi ran atop the bookcases as the ground beneath them ruptured and they disapeared into the basement. Out of nowhere a gale of wind knocked her off the wood, sending her to the ground. The earth turned to mud, then began sucking Chi in. It turned hard when she was totally submerged. Kyle smiled happily.

"One down... One to--" The floor exploded and the young ninja jumped out the floor.

"Hai tousen!" She threw thousands of spinning bladeds. Riza sent them back at her. Using her chakra strings, Chii was able to pull them back, all of them coming back to her hands. They stopped spinning and Kyle and Riza saw they weren't actually shuriken, but metal fans. Chii sent one out and brought it back, like she way playing with a yo-yo.

"Can't use pinwheels againstthe Goddess of winds, Sweety." Riza moved her hands and the winds bounced off the walls, each time getting faster and faster. Books, debris, and ice flew everywhere. "Ha ha ha! Try using your little toys when you're dead! Wolf!" Her laughter was stopped when she saw Chii using a barrier in the eye of the storm. Rizza growled, she pulled her blade in and went for a close range kill. When Riza brought the blade down on her head, Chii disappeared in a poof of smoke.

'A shadow clone?!' Riza realized with her diving at her target like that, she left herself wide open for a --

"Trap." said Chii. The chakra strings tightened around Riza's body, causing her to drop the dagger. The ninja stood on Riza's back, her feet pressing on her so her face went veritcally up. "I'm going to be the wife of the Kazekage!!" she snapped. "So what makes you think a little pinwheel BLOWER like you scares me?" She pulled on the chakra strings, it tightened around Riza, sinking into her skin. She felt pain as the ninja began sucking out her energy. "This is my 'Spider no jutsu' technique..." Riza looked at her in horror. Christal Uchiha-Hyuuga smiled, showing of her wolfen fangs. "It's a jutsu of my own creation."

Riza grew older and older, then with one last tug, was nothing but dust. Christal fell off the mountainous bookcase and to the ground. Even if she sucked the wind-dog's life out, it wasn't nearly enough chakra to sustain her. As Chi began to stand up, a tangle of roots wrapped around her and pinned her against a wall. Her back hit the stone wall, cracking her pelvic bone and dislocating her right shoulder. Burn was a few feet away, pinned to the wall to.

Kyle's furious green eyes met Chi's silvery hues. "You little whore!!" he snarled. The vines tightened around both of them. "I'm going to kill you so slowly a firing squad would seem like tickling."

"Kazebame!" Blue butterflies swerved around his, setting off small explosions.

"shoot!" He held his empty eye and blood gushed out. "dog!" A huge animal tackled him, sending him into the ground. It's antlers drove nto his arms, then threw him into a bookcase.

A little figure flew off the animal's back and to where Chi and Burn were held. Burn lifted her head weakly. "Ti... Tita?"

"Yes?" she said, trying to pull the roots off, but falling due to her stature. "I'm not Tita... I'm Jessamine..." she gave the roots another tug. "Anu! I can't do it!"

'Busy now!' Roared the antlered beast. It's jaws clamped down on Kyle's shoulder. 'Can't help! Get souls before death! Only way to save friends!'

Kyle looked at the little girl trying to free his hostages. How the hell had she gotten in?! Hiis fists clenched and the vines and roots tightened on their bodies. Chi and Burn screamed out. They screamed even louder when the roots impailed their skin and sunk inbetween theirs ribs.

"no!" Jessamine tried to tear the roots off, but they whipped her, causing her to fall back on the ground. "Damnit! Libro de Libre." A book appeared in the girl's hand. So did a feather pen. Jessamine dipped it in Chi's blood then handed it to her. "Please! before it's too late! Write your name!"

Weakly, Chii wrote her name in the book. The blood soaked in, turned black then was gone. She did the same for Burn. The girl wrote her full name, her eyes blurred over with tears and blood. "Burnidette Dawnya Lynn." Jessamine closed the book. "I'm not strong enough the get the trees off... but this is the only way I could save you." Neither girl said anything. Their blank eyes just looked at her. Jessamine climbed on the vines and closed their eyes. "You fought well... Now rest."

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CartoonQueen262 on June 9, 2007, 12:41:36 PM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Poor Elen..Why,why did Vee have to die?He was a good fellow..Whoa..fascinating battle you have here..Amazing..Well looks like Riza
went to a woman filled with vanity to a pile of dust from the power of age...
 
Wow...Did Logan just pwn the Kaj...?Wow..I was stunned once I read that...

Elen on June 9, 2007, 3:58:44 AM

Elen on
Elen;_; NUUUHH!!!!!! D8 Not Vee!! Dx *goes on a killing rampage to whoever did it*

can't wait for more! x3

Demonic_Sora on June 8, 2007, 2:06:45 PM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_Sora:000000

LOGAN...DONT ATTACK YOUR MOTHER YOU LITTLE BRAT!!! -pulls on ears- T___T...why would he go and do that...e__O..not to mention totally pwn me..

Dude. Good job on this 83 its interesting. OH NOES. RIZA WENT BYEBYE..n____n w00tw00t

D: Chii and Buurrnnn...nuu

DawnyaBURN on June 8, 2007, 1:46:59 PM

DawnyaBURN on
DawnyaBURNAnd, weirdly, I do have a silent panic dance.

It's rather hilarious. :>

DawnyaBURN on June 8, 2007, 1:40:41 PM

DawnyaBURN on
DawnyaBURNgfjhjgfjdgyurv.

I. Love. You. So. Much. :'D