Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Square One

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 22 - Square One

Chapter 22 - Square One
chapter Seventeen: Square One

1:09 p.m. (earlier that day)

"Knuckles! Oi!" she shouted, running after him. The red headed boy turned to look at her. His mauve eyes were bright, but uninterested in what she had to say. Knuckles turned back around, his back to her. Kaj's hand reached out and grabbed his jacket. "I need to talk to you... Knuckles--!"

He swiftly pulled his arm free and glared at her. "Get away from me. Whatever the hell you are."

"You need to know the whole truth..." Kaj snapped, her blue and red eyes glowing. "...Before you start making assumptions!"

The hallway was clear everyone had made it to class. Knuckles turned sideways to glare at her, just like all the other Verve Sectors looked at her. "What else do I need to know Delia? That's not even your real name is it?!" Knuckles snapped. "I heard from another student you're actually 400 years old, and not even a real human! I saw you Kaj! Eating a guy on the floor because he wouldn't tell you where Logan was!" He turned away from her and began walking again. "Looking for your demon lover, eh?"

"Logan isn't my lover! He's my--!" Kaj stopped herself before she gave away too much. "He was a threat. Donovan needed to die. It was a kill or be killed situation."

"Excuse me, but I'm late for class." was all he said. "Go back to your school... Shadow Division."

5:03 p.m. (present hour)

Logan punched Kaj in the face, sending her head back in an odd position. Loud cracking came from her spine as multiple digits severed and separated. But seconds later she was straight and everything was fine. She somersaulted backwards, dodging blows. The other girls tried to intervene or even help, but every time they ended up almost hitting Kaj. So they just sat back and watched, helpless.

"Why the hell's he fighting her, if Logan is her son?" asked Chrystal, "It isn't right!"

"And especially...Since he's not with Donovan?" Burn felt the powerful darkness enshrouding Logan. A deep hatred and coldness from deep inside the man that radiated out in such waves of power... She shivered, trying to rid herself of the aura. '...Why would someone hate their own parent... this much?'

Kaj turned sideways, catching his fist and flowing with the energy. As his body slowly dipped down, she elbowed him in the throat, then used an open palm strike to send Logan back ten feet. "Who taught you to fight, Eh?" she asked, a half snarl.

"I know your moves, Mother Dear. I studied them and I've tweaked them to my own device and style." Logan replied, using the back of his hand to wipe away the spittle-blood on his chin. "You're tougher them I thought. Ya know? I thought I'd come in, and be out in ten minutes. But no, had tuh wait a whole damn week 'til the eclipse to get you two."

Kaj tensed, then ran for him. Her body lurched like she was going to punch, but her leg came up and hit Logan in his ribs. They dislocated loudly, all of them on the left side popping upward. Bunching up under the skin until finally impaling the flesh. That move she had only used once, on a mountain demon who had gotten in her way. Logan mimicked her, flowing with the energy, he spun into a right hook, and then sent Kaj's head back at another impossible angle.

Her shoes scraping against the rock and dirt ground as she slid back at least six feet. "What do you mean 'two'?" asked Kaj, regaining a stance.

"As in one..." He held up his index finger, pointing to the sky. "...And two." Logan held up his middle finger on the same hand, making a piece sign at her. "You... And the other abomination who is now human."

***
5:41 p.m.

Kuya stood there, glaring at the girl and the man. "Which one?"

"The urchin." said A-te, through the mask.

Kuya ran his fingers through his long hair. His fingertips were decorated with a delicate manicure of silver. He cracked his knuckled loudly. "Perfect. Because I really hate this guy's face."

"Tsa-niichan!" the false Meme smiled, "May I?" He nodded solemnly, showing little, if no, emotion. "Tee hee! Yay." She didn't even move her feet, before she was in front of A-te. "Die halfbreed!!" A violet ball of energy burst out MeMe's hand, aimed at the woman's head. But it missed.

"Don't insult me." A-te said, her voice somewhat happy. The energy swerved back and burst into smaller globes. They floated around her hand. "Or else I'll give you a spanking child." A-te's hand closed, the sparks died into nothing. She put her arm down causing her extravagantly long sleeves to fall on the floor.

The false MeMe glared at her, then eased out of her fighting stance into a confident posture. One hand on her hip, the other ran through her hair, flipping it and causing it to fall on her shoulder. "You're dressed like a common brothel girl." MeMe said, her voice both sweet and poisonous.

Before the girl could react, the silk sleeve was around her throat. MeMe assumed she was smiling under the mask, that damned porcelain mask. "I'm tired of your mouth, Urchin." A-te pulled her arm down and back, causing MeMe to stumble and fall forward. In a swift twisting motion, the girl's neck would have snapped. If she was human. The doppelganger simply slid the sleeve off. MeMe reset her head to it's correct arrangement, and grinned.

"Kazenohi!!" Amethyst flames tore through the sleeve, eating it until it reached her wrist. "Jigoku-Jin!" Pink flames swirled around her, sending A-te into the ground.

"...Khan gei luro yta neiya jiu...!' The fires died, and turned to ice. Freezing the false MeMe in place, like a statue. "You think Japanese spells can work on me?!" She grabbed the sharpened peak of fire, loading the entire structure on her shoulder. "Kuya, we're taking this outside."

He grinned at the other doppelganger. "You heard the Lady. Outside." Kuya thumbed towards the broken and busted window. "This halfbreed blood is itching my nose like fire."

"Then why don't we just..." His hands braced and a large palm leaf shaped blade appeared. "Cut it off?!" He raised the sword. "BARONG LANGIT*!!" (Sword of Heaven, pronounced Bah-rohng Lahng-it) Energy resonated from the sword, rippling through the air altering reality itself.

"You son of a dog!" snarled A-te. "Deis mos ku-nah! Zaizeia!" She reflected a wave of her own power back at him. Stopping his attack completely. "I. Said. Outside." The ice in her hand, began to melt. "Hotdamn." The ice burst into pieces, flying every which way.

***
6:00 p.m.

"Red Thunder Strike!!" Logan sent a pulse of energy through Kaj. Burn's head was buzzing with all these negative... no.. evil thoughts running rampant in her brain. 'I hate you! Die! Just die! DIE dog DIE!!!' "DRAGON BARRAGE!!!"

Kaj caught both his fists and crossed his arms behind his back. "Logan...Baby...Why are you doing this...?!" she wheezed. "Why?!"

Logan's hand clenched tighter. "Why...? Why?!!" A transmutation circle formed under their feet. "I'll rip out your soul and tear it to shreds..." he snarled. "Like fracking paper!!!"

"Stop it! You'll die too!" Kaj screamed over the roaring of the alchemy spell. "STOP IT!! STOP IT!!!!!"

As the transmutation tore both of them apart... Kaj began seeing her lives she lived before. England, Germany, France, Spain... hundred of cities... thousands of deaths... Searching for him. She began running, her legs carrying her from city to city, Provence to Provence... at the very end of her path she saw something. A little kid... a boy... A... little.. redheaded... blue eyed... boy...

Bawling his marvelous blue eyes out, weeping bitterly, angrily cursing the God. Kaj felt so light... so free... so happy... She knelt to the boy's height. "What's wrong?"

"Why did she leave me alone? Why?" he sobbed. "She didn't even try to get me! I was standing right in front of her! Mama didn't want me!"

Kaj saw blood seeping out of the boy's open palms. He was so distraught, he couldn't control the fire coming from his body. The flames mainly came out his hands, and because of his emotions, they tore his flesh open. Singing it 'til even his demon blood couldn't take it. Kaj gently took hold of the boy's arm, and pulled him into her lap. "I didn't leave you baby... You were in the water... and I couldn't follow..."

"It was a trick! Jester played a trick on your mind!" Child Logan cried, sobs robbing him of air and making him stutter. "I-I wasn't in th-the R-r-r-river! I w-was standing in front of you! Th-Then you r-ran away! YOU RAN AWAY!!!"

"what?" Kaj was cut off when a vision was playing in front of her.

Like a movie, it showed Logan leaning over the bridge, looking at the water. Then a man in white walked up to him. He placed his hand on the top of Logan's head, and put a finger on his mouth. The man wore a mask, designed like a harlequin clown. He pulled a small statue, shaped like a Raven bird. "Shadow of Fear!" Kaj came running to the bridge, shouting for Logan to come back. Logan spoke, shouting, but nothing came out. The Jester's grip tightened on his cranium, causing the boy to wince. "I said hush boy." Then out of the river came a tentacle, grasping Kaj tight until she screamed. "She can't see you. She's facing her worst nightmare come true." Logan saw her sparkling azure eyes were dulled, as if she was blind, to a pale sky blue. "Loosing her only son. You."

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Demonic_Sora on July 20, 2007, 2:17:08 PM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_SoraT___________________T

Oh my god that was so very depressing...YET I LOVED EVERY WORD OF IT!!!

:C My poor baby...Logan <333..T__T oh god that was so very sad...

CartoonQueen262 on July 20, 2007, 12:32:13 PM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262This was..Quite dramatic...I feel sorry for the Kaj and her son.Such tragic issues they faced,and  plague them.. Those poor unfortunate souls.. So much pain they have faced in the past and the pain still goes on. I'm telling ya but Meme is starting to sound like Face 13 (Corrupted character of mine)
or Beth with a hint of Baracia. This is getting rather interesting.I wonder where this shall lead.

luckylace222 on July 20, 2007, 11:14:15 AM

luckylace222 on
luckylace222O_O Wow. You're a really good writer...this is pretty dramatic.