Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - Paper Dolls

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 23 - Paper Dolls

Chapter 23 - Paper Dolls
chapter Eighteen: Paper Dolls
6:39 p.m.

Crashing through the forest, A-te sent the MeMe clone into the ground. Her cotton candy pink hair wooshing around her head, her black and amethyst hanfu torn and covered with dirt. "Ghen dao nha Eabang!" The clone screamed as A-te erased her from existance. The white haired vampire would have held back, had she been human... A-te just loved watching her prey suffer, and gasp her last breath.

"Why would you do that to her?" asked Tsa. "She did take on the form of your younger sister..." A-te turned to looked at him. "Are you really that heartless?" He drew his Barong sword. His speed rivaled hers, but it freaked A-te out when he nearly struck her. 'SHHHSFF!' 'Tink' Her porcelain mask fell off. "You say Japanese spells can't work? Well how about spells of the ancient tongue? ...Hos del kaer lak nung..."

A-te kept her eyes shut, her sleeve pressed against her forehead. Blood began pouring into the black fabric, making it sticky and darker then before. With the summer months, the sunset was pushed back until almost 9 o'clock. It was still too early for her to see. "frack!" she screamed. "Kuya!"

He intervened the fight between Tsa and A-te, summoning a naginata like weapon. A long handled sword by the name of Karasak-Eabang. "I thought you were supposed to be the good guys!" Kuya sneered. "Fighting with a dirty trick like that."

"It isn't dirty when you're fighting demons." said the Tsa doppelganger. "What's the matter? Can't stand the sun light?"

"Kuya! I--" started A-te, but he put his arm out for her to stop. Kuya turned to face A-te. She truly looked pitiful. Her eyes closed, blood dripping down her face, she looked like a wounded blind girl. But knowing her, she could see his hands, his form, even the smirk on his face.

"Don't sweat it, Ta." Kuya smiled a charming smile at Tsa, that soon melted into a crazed-fangy grin. "I've been waiting for this alllll day."

"Langit!" Tsa sent a wave of power at Kuya.

"Eabang!" A black barrier went around Kuya and A-te, absorbing the power. Kuya swung Karasak, dropping the barrier, and killing the sparks that danced around them. In seconds, the two males were bouncing from tree to, weapons clashing. Due to the shape of Barong, Kuya's sword Karasak couldn't grip it enough to have any close encounters. Tsa dodged another strike, ducking and coming at him as Kuya swung.

"Didn't anyone ever teach you never to leave yourself open?" Tsa whispered, pressing the blade against Kuya's throat. "Barong Langit!" An explosion rocked the ground, sending all three of them indifferent directions. Kuya's mind was spinning... Memories from past lives began pouring in like water at a broken dam...

~*~*~*~

"Come on! Try and hit me!" Eloni laughed. Ten year old Anu came at her mother, sending a punch forward. Eloni stepped aside and slapped her fist down. Using only the heal of her hand, Eloni struck Anu under her cin, sending the girl on her butt. "Going straight forward like that... tsk tsk tsk... Come on. Get up, I'll show you how to block an attack like that." Anu rubbed her jaw, and looked up at Eloni, her golden eyes tearing. Eloni sighed and turned away. "I guess we're done for the day. Pfft!" She blew a raspberry as she walked away.

"Wait! I know I can do better!" Anu stood up. Eloni didn't pay attention to her. She got angry. Anu shifted her weight on her feet to the front and her toes. She pushed off the ground and came at Eloni. Her leg rose to knee Eloni in the side of the head. Her mother turned and dodged. She elbowed Anu's leg to make it pop out of place. The girl's hands went out and grabbed Eloni's shoulders, and swung her head forward.

"KUH-RACK!!"

"Gyaa!" Eloni stumbled back, and fell into a sit. "What was that Anurang?!!"

The little girl stood in a stance, her hurt leg at a slacked angle while the rest of her was tensed. "What? I didn't...Go straight forward...!" Blood dripped down Anu's forehead, her entire skull pulsing like a drum. Eloni looked at her daughter, then laughed whole heartedly. "Wh-what?! What's so funny Mother?!"

Eloni stood up, and dusted herself off. She felt the growing bulb on the front of her head, and checked for blood. Just a little, not enough to seek care, so she just wiped it away. Eloni staggered over to Anu, and put her hand on her daughter’s head. "...You're weird." Anu flinched when Eloni stroked the knot on her head. "Let's go see Nung-Kira about this."

The pained look left Anu, and was replaced by a smile. She gripped her mother's hand tightly, and laughed. "Yes Mother." As they were walking from the clearing back to the village, Anu looked up at Eloni. The woman staggered a few times, but was able to keep her balance. She didn't ask if she wanted to stop, even if Eloni was hurt, as long as she could walk Eloni never stopped. "Nung-Kira!!! Manoy-Bacu!!" Anu waved to her aunt and Bacunawa. Just as Anu was about to let go of Eloni's hand to greet her family, but her mother gripped her hand tighter. "Yes...What is it?"

Two people were talking with Eloni's sisters, Kira, and Yinu. The two woman looked at the foreigners, from a distance Eloni could tell they were being as hostile as possible, without raising arms. The two dark skinned foreigners caught sight of Eloni and Anu. They bowed to Kira and Yinu, and began to walk towards Eloni. She pushed the ten year old behind her as they passed.

One was a woman in ocean colored clothes Anu recognized as 'hanfu'. Clothes of the mainland, Q'in. The same was with the male, but his were a darker color... like the sky while the sunset, before the sun was completely gone. Anu looked at them from behind her mother... She had never seen anyone like that... Anyone... like her. But their eyes were completely different from any she'd ever seen. Like blood, or the orchids in the tops of the jack fruit trees. Red? Was that what the color was called? The man caught her looking at him, and knelt to her height.

"Hello there." he smiled, his odd eyes glistening. Anu froze. With his eyes on her, her breathing suddenly felt labored and forced. "You must be Anuranga."

Eloni instinctively came between them, tensed and ready to fight. "Leave." she snarled.

"What? I just wanted to say hi to family." he said, still kneeling. "Nice to see to you too..Eh-lo-ni." He stretched out her name, just to annoy her.

Eloni was too fast for him to see. An open palm hit struck him in the chest, sending him into the ground. "TIGER STYLE!!" Both hands came together, the two fisted punch shattering multiple bones. He wasn't dead, wasn't even unconscious. She hated them... Those Ahnlu mainlanders. Eloni grasped Anu tightly and stepped over him. "Leave."

"Mother...?" asked Anu, Eloni still holding her by her arm. "Who was that?"

Eloni's angry eye disappeared, and she smiled sweetly. "Just some bad people. If you ever see them... don't talk to them... ever."

***

7:34 p.m.

Kaj opened her eyes, and found a quivering little boy in her grasp. The alchemy still tearing them apart. She squeezed Logan tighter, letting him know she was there. After a few seconds more of this, Kaj pulled Logan closer to her and with what little strength she had left threw him out the circle. The seal on her back shattered and her wings opened to their full size. Chains came out of the circle and bound her to the ground. Little by little, her molecules began to separate and disintegrated into nothing.

Chrystal caught the little boy as he flew out the surviving vortex of energy. He was limp, unconcious and barely alive. She used a medical-jutsu technique to help replenish his life. None of them could get close enough to help Kaj, the alchemy threatening to tear anyone who got close apart.

'Bye...bye... baby...' Kaj's eyes saw something. Time seemed to stop, everything stopped moving, even the bolts of energy from the transmutation stopped crackling.

'A mother shouldn't have to sacrifice themself for their child.' said a voice. Kaj turned her head slightly, and saw someone in white kneeling next to her. Metallic-lavender colored ribbons wrapped around her arms fom above her elbows to her knuckles. There was a lavender gem, in the center of her chest, and just below the naval area. The same colored gems were on both her hands on the back of her wrists. 'And this child... My my my... He needs you the most.'

'Am I going to die slowly, listening to some angel patronize me?' Kaj's mind responded. An angry smirk on her lips as her eyes went in and out of focus.

'No.' she responded. 'I'm going to help you.' The woman's gloved hand extended and pressed on Kaj's back. The molecules stopped separating and began pulled back together. 'By the way... My name's Evelyn.'

***

8:51 p.m.

Chii screamed when something dove from the sky and snatched Logan from her hands. "No!!" The marks on her back glowed. "You will not take this little one!" Her crystalline blue eyes turned silver, and the black pupils were visible. The scales of the butterfly's wings lit up, and something came out. Small blue will-o'-wisps appeared and a wolf. The animal didn't have hind legs, but a tail made of what looked like smoke. It took off after the flying creature, and tore through one of it's wings like paper.

"Deflect!!" screamed the harpy like creature. A transmutation symbol appeared in the air itself, hurting the wolf.

"Kachana!!" Chii screamed as the same type of energy pulsed through her. Her spiritual partner and her connected through life chains, felt the same pain when one was hurt. "shoot!" Chrystal's hands tugged on invisible strings. Chakra strings wrapped around certain areas of the transmute circle, opening it enough so Kachana could sliver out.

The wolf spirit didn't give up. Running on air, the wolf specter came at her again, finishing off her torn wing. Sending them spiraling into the ground. "Kachana!!" The wolf flew to the ground, aiming for the child. The creature released the boy, and flew back at Kachana. It's taloned hands wrapped around Kachana's neck. The wolf specter snarled, and sent the she-devil downward with a snap of her jaws. The boy still fell, until...

Something surged into the sky, catching the boy. Her black webbed wings beating slowing, catching the air so she hovered above the trees. The boy's eyes opened weakly, the sapphire spheres welling with tears. The fire demon nuzzled her child lovingly. "I got you, Logan... I got you." The boy drifted off the sleep. Her smile faded and the red head turned to face the beast. Now they would face the full fury of Kaj Crowley Howlett.

***

10:22 p.m.

Still holding her child, Kaj dove for it. Tossing the canine spirit aside, the harpy-thing readied itself for an attack. Kaj was disgusted by the way it looked. Ragged wings that looked like torn and worn leather. Bones stuck out from where the wings met her shoulder blades. Her skin was a sickly puke grey that looked scaly and rough. She had arms, and the build of a female, but everything below the waist, wasn't there. Her long wild white hair whipped around her face as she flew at Kaj. She spun her body downward, her legs coming in front of her and snapping downward on the beast's neck and skull. A loud crack came as the thing's head spun and ripped off.

"...You hurt my baby..." Kaj whispered her blue eyes tranquil. She smiled a sweet, loving smile, nuzzling her young one again. Her eye blinked and they both turned red. "You got what you deserve." The corpse caught a flame and fell to the earth, burning apart to nothing. She looked over to her friends. "You guy 'kay?"

"Yeah! Nothing some sleep can't fix!" shouted Elen.

"Yeah." Kaj repositioned Logan in her arms. "Some sleep." She looked over her shoulder at her wings. Marvelous and beautiful like a bat's. The webbing was black, but the handlike structures were a deep crimson red, like blood. And the seal itself, that kept her wings bound to her... broken. They were now, naturally attached to her bones, not forced into her body, stabbing into the skin and reattaching on the bones every time she flew. The pain was gone. The blood loss was gone. 'Who the hell are you... Evelyn?'

***

3:29 a.m.

"Is this the place?" asked Kuya, shifting his passenger

A-te's blindfolded head turned to look at the door. "I don't know. Can't read this."

"Take off the blindfold and look you lazy dog." he snapped.

The woman laughed. "You know that's impossible. It's too damn light." Kuya looked around. Most of the lights were out, the only moon and stars glowed outside cast a dull, almost dead glow over everything. He would have protested, but he and A-te may have been Jazmyn. As pieces, they had flaws... like Kuya couldn't tell the aura differences of creatures,(Could tell if they were good or bad, just not one demon from the next) and A-te's eyes couldn't digest light. "Yeah... I smell dead blood and alcohol... Wonder if i could drink some... I could really go for some Mango Rum right now..."

"God, your just a damn chatter box aren't you?" Kuya used his foot to open the door. "But yeah... I could go for some Rum too." He slid the wounded boy off his back and onto the bed. A-te shuffled through some cabinets, searching for something. She held the glass bottle, pressing it against her cheek and purring.

"Alcohoooooooooool!" she purred. She turned to face Kuya. "What the hell are you doing?"

"He's quite handsome, wouldn't you agree?" asked Kuya, gently tilting Chase's chin upward. Admiring his face, the vampire could barely keep himself together. God, this lizard was making his skin crawl... Kuya was actually shivering. "Do you think she'd get mad if I had him??" Kuya asked, his voice menacing yet playful.

A-te uncorked the bottle and gulped a mouth full. She sighed loudly. The taste was bitter and burned her throat just the way she liked it. "Hell if I care. As you know... I prefer women to boys." She sipped the drink. So bitter. "Go right ahead...Not your first time raping someone." A-te snorted a laugh. "Might be his though." She put down the bottle and rustled around in the cabnets again. "The sun's gonna be up in a few minutes... Hate summer. Early sunrise, late sunset. All hot."

Kuya didn't respond, he was still admiring the boy. A-te ground her teeth in disgust. Falling all over himself for something like a lizard. She would have understood if the boy was born of dragon and human parents, but he smelled of changed blood. But then again, he was quite strong. "Her next one... should be this lad." said Kuya closing his eyes, he leaned over the boy. A smile on his mouth, Kuya kissed Chase, at first just a little pucker, then... it got deeper and deeper... until... Kuya was Frenching Chase. The dragon's eyes fluttered open.

His eyes adjusting to the dimlight, and realized it was not a gir, but a boy who was mouth raping him. Weak as Chase was, all he could do was grope around for something to hit him with. Kuya opened his golden eyes and smiled. He pulled off the terrified victim, watching his reaction. Kuya licked his lips and replied, "Yummy." The morning light began peaking through the blinds. "Damn... Wish we could have some fun before the sunrise... but I don't think four hours would be enough." he chuckled. A-te let out another disgusted sighed. "Well got to go, lover."

***
4:29 a.m.

Kuya held out his hand for A-te, so she wouldn't trip over the raised part of the sliding door. She batted it away with a giddy laugh. "Great. You're drunk... and you didn't even share--" Kuya froze. An aura crept up his skin. This was the only aura he could recognize. He turned to face the intruder, his golden eyes furious. "You."

Night looked at them. "A-te, Kuya, I trust you're all and well." he smiled.

"...All...and...well...?!" snarled Kuya. He disappeared, moving faster then a blink. "AFTER WHAT YOU DID?! IS THAT ALL YOU CAN SAY?!!"

Kuya's fist missed Night's face. When he dodged, the tips of his fingers brushed over Kuya's arm, writing began appearing all over his skin. "I thought I sealed you two up a long time ago. After the Tenochtitlan incident." The writing, which was all over Kuya's arms, from his nails to his shoulders, spread to the rest of his body. He cursed as some sort of paralysis took him. He stood like a statue, barely able to breath. Night's hand went out, gripping an unseen force. "Khan ren su nei leia~!" The spell glowed, and Kuya was harshly pulled out of his battle stance to standing with his feet together and shoulders straight. Like a soldier who had ropes around his body from his knees to his head.

A-te fell under the same spell, but was collapsed on the floor. Kuya gave a strangled laugh. "You bastard. You're more of a coward then the girl. Instead of running, you put your problems under lock and key-- Gyaah!" The spiritual bind tightened. "Even worst... Then your F--" Kuya was cut off when the paralysis tightened.

"I did this for your own safety. As you know, your body can't feel auras right, and A-te can't stand light." Night said, flat and dull. "Keeping you inside... is better for everyone..."

"No..." A-te choked. "...You did this because...it benefits..." Her nails dug into the marble flooring. "Eabang!" The seals broke. "Now that you've weakened us... I guess we have no choice, now do we?" They turned into vapors and disappeared out of Alejandro's and back to Mercedes. 'You're no different from Harimao, Manoy. Not one bit."

***

Her hands went over the notebook, rereading what she has just written.
Kuya= Big brother, Filipino equivilant of Onii-san. May be used for any boy who is older. Other words would include Manoy and Noy
A-te= Big Sister, Filipino equivilant of Onee-chan. May be used for any girl who is older. Other words would include Nung, and Tita

Jazmyn opened the book again, quietly flipping through the pages. She stood up and stood at the foot of Chrystal's bed. She looked over at Chrystal. Jazmyn silently stalked over to Envi, then Kaj's bed. She saw the little boy snuggled up close to his mother.

His eyes opened, and even with no lights, they glowed. Logan yawned and hugged her closer. Jazmyn watched him… she was a little envious of him. Having his mother, and her accepting him completely. They were both firedemons, so there was little to keep them from separation. She wondered about her own parents… If either were alive, and she found them… would they except her? Halfbreeds were never accepted by their human or full demon counterparts, even if they were related by blood.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CartoonQueen262 on July 21, 2007, 3:12:42 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Well,there went clone Meme.Now as for the battle between Kuya and Tsa...
Interesting and written with great skill.Also,just from reading about 10 year old Anu, I can already tell she was an adorable little girl, who later on grows up to be a beautiful woman. Her mom's pretty badass by the way. I could not help but "Aw" at the cuteness of the young lad Logan. I love how they cuddled at the end that was touching. This was a rather dramatic chapter I must say with the battles and the family-like issues. I can only imagine how
dramatic and violent the next chapter will be....

Elen on July 21, 2007, 12:46:21 AM

Elen on
Elenoh teh DRAMA!! 8]
I likes it! you're very good at describing dramatic scenes!
keep it coming woman! |D

Demonic_Sora on July 20, 2007, 2:35:58 PM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_SoraOooOOOoo. I went badass on that harpy-dog x333

Very, very amusing ;DD I love it alot 833 I really hope that you update again soon n_____n ah this story is just to much fun to read! x33 Aw lil Logan...AND YOUR FAMILY WOULD ACCEPT YOUUUU...or I'll attack them with lamp-posts :C

.......and I forgot to say this for the other chapter...
-ahem-...KNUCKLESSSSSSS NNNOOO -drops to knees-