Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - Baby Tears

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 26 - Baby Tears

Chapter 26 - Baby Tears
chapter twenty: Baby Tears

"Goodmorning!" said Elen, waving frantically to her friends.

"Morning." said Chrystal and Burn.

"Hey." said Kaj.

Envi came rushing into first hour, and stood in the doorway, smiling a grand smile. "Good Morning Mercedes Academy, I'd like to introduce a new student!" she said. "And looky looky what Zim and me did!" She stepped aside to usher a redheaded girl into the class, wearing a Shadow Division uniform. Envi introduced the new student. "This is Lee Astromononiv."

"Goodmorning Everyone." she said in a soft polite voice. She smiled sweetly, her blue eyes shining brightly.

They looked at her. "She looks like she could be Logan's sister." said Elen, nudging Kaj in the side.

"Yeah." Kaj turned to Envi. "Where'd you say she was from?"

"Ehdunno." Invidia shot Kaj a wild grin. "Jazzywazzy just dropped her off at the mechashop, askin' to fix her up and BAM here she is." She moved her arms like she was a gameshow host introducing a prize. "Ta~da!"

"So she's an android?" asked Chrystal. "Wow... She's so pretty. You look so real."

"Thank you." said Lee. A Verve Sector bumped into Lee, causing her to stumble.

"Oops, sorry." she said, with false sincerity.

"Why you--!" started Chrystal.

A woman walked in the class. She had dark brown hair and aqua colored eyes. And black fox ears on the top of her head. She looked pretty young, no older then a Senior. "Settle down class." she said. The girls found their seats and got out their books. "Please open your books to page 593, and start reading to yourselves."

A Shadow Division Inu raised her hand. "Excuse me... but where's Mr. Night?" A stir of murmurs and whispers swept across the room, each student woundering about the teacher's absense.

The Kitsune gently tapped the board. "Mr. Night has been... indisposed. And from now on, I'll be teaching your Combat classes." She picked up a piece of chalk and wrote her name on the blackboard. "Haruka Satou." Ms. Satou's eyes glanced towards the doorway, looking at someone. "Ah, Miss Lun, Ryota told me you'd be out today."

"Sorry I'm late." she said flatly. Jazmyn held out a note to Ms. Satou. "It won't happen again."

"All right." she smiled. "Page 593, read the next two chapters, and we'll be have a discussion at the end of the hour about it."

The Verve Sector from yesterday stood up. "Why should she even be aloud in class?!"

"Isn't she a suspect in that slaughter the Lacrosse team found this morning?" said another.

Jazmyn ignored them and sat in her desk. She opened her book and began reading.

***

"Hola!" Someone jumped on her back. "You need a big hug!"

"Pipit." Jazmyn smiled. "...did Jessie send you?"

"No, Sillywilkens! I came 'cuz you look so saaaaaad!" the sparrow girl hugged her. "Big sister... she's not very angry... but she doesn't like it when people don't listen."

"Well I don't like it when people use me." Jazmyn responded. "Why aren't you playing with your buddy Logan?"

"He went to hangout with Auntie Kaj." said Pipit. "Hey! looky! It's Ellie, Vivi, Chryssie, and Burnie!" The four girls looked at Jazmyn and Pipit. Jazmyn gave a little wave, but made a small choking noise. Pipit's hands had gripped on her jacket, tightening the shirt's collar. "Are you gonna hang out with Mr. Hiss today?"

Burn laughed alittle. "Mr. Hiss?"

"Yeah." said Pipit. "The boy with the green hair? He's like a snake." She stuck out her tongue and hissed. "I wanna hang out ith Chryssie! Can I??" Jazmyn looked over at Chii.

"If it's alright with you...?" she asked.

Chrystal smiled. "No problem." The Native girl tossed her wavvy black hair. "I have swim next, and I'm pretty sure they'll let her play."

"Yay." the little girl slid off Jazmyn's back and walked over to Chrystal. "Bye!"

Envi watched them go down the hall then to the pool area. "So what happened yesterday...?"

"Hmm?" Jazmyn looked from the bulletin board at Invidia. "Yesterday...? Oh the usual. Fighting, killing, my mind about to explode and killing the murderer." She gave them a weak smile, her eyes not even trying to hide the pain. "but it's all over with."

"So someone else did in all those students?" asked Burn.

"That's what i said." Jazmyn said, bored. "and I alread told Dean Maniac and Dean Dreamer, so the subject should be as good as the victims. Dead."

"Well who did it?" asked Burn.

"That detail i told the Deans. And they said she's my responsibilty since I brought her back alive." Jazmyn tored a bulletin off, folded it up and tucked it into her pocket.

"So you mean... Bleed?" asked Envi. Her voice became a whisper, hissing at Jazmyn. "And you made me repair her?!! After what she did?!"

The vampire shrugged. "I thought you could extract some information from her if she died." Jazmyn looked at her hands. A hallucination made her see blood all over them. But it passed in a fleeting second. "Either way, I'd be a step closer to getting something."

"What the hell?" Elen nearly shouted. "Aren't you being a little selfish?"

"This doesn't even sound like you." said Envi. "Where's the bright happy girl who loves to fight, just to fight?"

"Ehdunno." Jazmyn looked behind Envi to see Lee. "Maybe she's on vacation." Being pestered by some Verves. "Hey! Leave her alone!"

"Oh great another Shadow Division dog. Why don't you go and screw your boyfriend?" Snapped a blue haired girl. "SD students are notorious for being sluts--" Jazmyn socked the girl in the stomach.

"Why don't you give yours a blowjob? Everyone knows Verves give the best." The vampire sneered. She turned to Lee. "Come on. You're schedule coincides with mine, so I'll walk you to class."

"Wait... Before then.. I just want to say..." Lee bowed at the waist. "I'm sorry for everything i did. EVERYTHING."

Jazmyn grinned. "Good." She grabbed her hand and began walking. "You don't have to act all docile and crap. You can act a little rebelious. Show some attitude... Like Envi."

"Why am I an example?" she shot back, laughing.

"Because... My friends are awesome." she shrugged. "Or something on those lines."

***

Kaj was writing down some notes in algebra class, and Logan was watching her. She saw he was on the lines of falling asleep. She reached in her bag. Kaj pulled out some blank paper and a pencil to draw. There was a knock at the door.

"Sorry I'm late." said the Verve Sector. She handed a note to the teacher. When Kaj saw her, she thought it was Jazmyn. But this girl was taller and had red eyes.

"Mana Nangal?" asked the Teacher, making sure his pronounciation was correct. "Damn transfers. Alright, take your seat and strt taking notes. You know how to do this right?" He asked, pointing to the numbers and letters on the board. Mana nodded.

She took a seat across the aisle from Logan and Kaj. Mana smiled at Logan, and gave him a little wave. The boy completely avoided her, ignoring her and making sure not to make eye contact.

Kaj noticed this, and also saw Logan looked a little pale. "What's wrong?"

"I don't like that girl." he whispered. "Mana... I don't like her..."

Kaj looked at the ten year old. His grip on the pencil tightened so much, it snapped. She glaced over at Mana. Her right hand was covered in what looked like burns. Her red eyes looked at the board, then over at Kaj. Mana's smiled gave her the creeps. It was a pretty smile, but her aura... it felt awkward. Not at all that of a Verve. Not even close to a Shadow... something much too... Dark to be considered coming to the school.

The bell rang, and class ended. Kaj grabbed Logan's arm and held it tight. 'Whatever this girl is... she shouldn't be here.'

***

Jessie was hovering over the school, invisibly watching all it's inhabitants. A white cloaked figure sat in the air next to her. "What's the matter?"

"That Jazmyn girl... She's really stupid." Jessie said.

Evelyn laughed. "You're just angry she yelled at you." Her gloved hand reached over and patted Jessie on the head. "So I heard there was a disturbance in the balance yesterday."

"Yeah." Jessie pouted. "At least thirty students were killed. Really wasn't their time." She ruffled her spiky white hair angrily. "Damn redhead was operating outside the Axis of Rules! How was that possible?!"

Evelyn crossed her legs, and pulled down her hood. Her lavender eyes looked at the school. "Ehdunno." the woman shrugged.

"That phrase annoys me." Jessie said with narrowed eyes.

Evelyn gently grasped the top of Jessie's head with one hand. "Don't push the Niña. she could have snapped yesterday. And we all remember the 'Lizzy' incedent, don't we?"

"How was that myyyy fault?!" Jessie said. "You and the Puta shouldn't have--" Jessie stopped talking and looked down at the school. "Why the hell is she here?! I thought that thing was killed over a week ago!" The white haired angel hovered, contemplating what she could do.

Evelyn sat in the air, also looking down. "Calm down, Niñita." she spoke. Even if her voice was emotionless, Jessie knew Evelyn was just as tense as she was. "...I'm sure the girls can do this without any help from you or Pipit."

***
Alejandro's, Free Study.

Lao was watching Chase more carefully now. The 'incedent' that happened lasy night had completely and utterly destroyed what little trust Lao had for him.

Cynic saw the death glare Lao was giving Chase and was laughing his @$$ off. "What did you do now?"

Chase glared at Cynic. "Nothing." he replied.

"If it were nothing, Lao wouldn't be all like... 'Grrr', 'Roar' and 'I'm Going to Kill You'." Cynic reposition his chair so he was sitting on it backwards. "I bet it was something bad." He looked over at Lao. "Or something really naughty."

"I messed with a girl." Chase said, annoyed Cynic wouldn't leave him alone. "That's it. Now leave me the frack alone."

"Oooh! Must of been super naughty." Cynic laughed. A teacher shushed them to be quiet. So when his back was turned, Chase kick the chair from under Cynic.

"Shh!" snapped the teacher.

***
Mercedes (7:21p.m.)

Logan and Pipit were walking around, playing around with their toys from yesterday. They tied the train to a string and dragged it behind them. The two kids took turns pulling the train, and it was Logan's turn. Pipit was laughing, following him. They both stopped, and saw Mana coming out of a classroom.

Pipit grabbed Logan's arm. She gave him a tug, her voice quivered. "We gotta go..!"

"Well hello there." said Mana. She began to approach them. "I don't believe we've met." Logan held Pipit's hand. They turned but before they could run, Mana grabbed Pipit's collar. "It's rude to not introduce yourself." she said.

"Let me go! Let me go!" Pipit shrieked.

Logan kicked her arm, making Mana drop the sparrow girl. "Ow! Why you little!" Mana backed up, smirking. "Quite a kick you've got there. Little Logan Howlett." She looked over at Pipit. "And my, Maya-anak." She took a step closer, "How you've grown. Last time i saw you, you were still a baby... And alive."

"Hey." Burn stood a few feet away. "Didn't anyone tell you it ain't nice to beat on kids?" The blonde glared at Mana. And the red eyed girl glared back.

"Go mind your business, Halfbreed." she rolled her eyes.

Burn blinked. "Aren't you a Verve Sector too?" she asked, tensing up. She dove into Mana's mind, only to be thrown out seconds later. "Holy..! You're anything but a Verve!"

Mana looked out the window, the sky was turning a deep pink and orange. "Well," she smiled politely. "Guess my guise was found out before i even found them." Mana's red eyes glowed. "But let's face it. I'm not even here for that Second breed or the Contracter." The girl stretched her arms above her head. "I'm really after those damn Ahluns I've heard so fracking much about."

Burn's aura began to bristle. "Well to get to anyone." Her hands formed into fists, and she ran at Mana. "You'll have to fight me first!"

Mana dodged, and kicked Burn, sending her into a wall. "Now kiddies. Let's go 'fore I get mad." Burn sent a wave of psychic energy at Mana. A suprised cry came from her as her head smacked against the tiled floor. Mana pushed herself up halfway, blood dripping from her busted lip and nose. "You little human dog!"

"Whatever the hell you are! Back the frack up!" Burn shouted. Her orange eyes turned violet.

Mana laughed. "You ain't even sure what I am... And you want to fight me?! Ha!" Torrents of wind blew down the hall, even though there were no windows open. "You humans are so damn funny!" Mana disappeared then reappeared an inch away from Burn. "Too bad you didn't listen. Now I'm gonna kill ya."

***
Yesterday(because I'm a perv who loves gore)

"No." snapped Jazmyn. She pulled her hand from around Bleed's neck, but kept her foot where it was. Her gold and black eyes glaring down at Bleed. "Get out."

"What?! You needed to finish this! She killed all those humans and--" Jessie started.

"THEN YOU DO IT!" Jazmyn screamed. "I'm not going to do anymore of your damn work. All you 'angels' are the same! Diane, NenTar, Rueban, Jessie! All unwilling to get your hands dirty!"

Jessie's brows raised in shock. It had been decades since someone had actually talked back to her. She smiled, "Hmph, guess you really are her daughter."

Jazmyn looked down at Bleed. Her top was almost severed from her bottom, the kick on her abdomine tore away most of her false skin. "You know what... I'm grateful you helped me, but keep the information about her... It's better to let sleeping dogs lie." The vampire bent down and picked up Bleed. "Go help Ian." She bound back to school.

***

I don't want to die. I don't want to kill. I want to help. I want to protect. But how the frack am i supposed to do that? If i do one thing, I'm damned. If i do the other, it's against my 'nature'. Why couldn't I be the one dead?! Why did NenTar have to miss? Is this some sort of 'divine' doing? Why? WHY DAMNIT?! WHY?!!

***

6:12 p.m. (still yesterday)

'What are you doing?!' screamed a voice inside, 'Idiot! You're wasting it!'

The water poured on her, freezing cold and feeling like knives against her bare skin. All the hot water for showers was turned off at 3:02, so she was out of luck for a relaxing wash. "I'm not a monster." she replied, washing the blood off her neck. "I don't need it."

'But you want it.' the voice countered. 'You know you do.'

"Want and need are two different things." she growled. "And it's disgusting." Jazmyn poured more soap into her hair. The foam turned pinkish orange as it fell on the tiled floor. "I will not take dead blood of the innocent. It's wrong."

'Why do you care if it's wrong?! IT'S NATURE!!' Her temples pounded, her head began to hurt. The voice quieted down, and went to slumbering in the back of her mind. Jazmyn began scrubbing under her nails, arms, face, anywhere and everywhere the blood had touched her skin. More ice cold water just flooded on her, as if to wash away her sins.

"Who were you talking to?" asked a voice. She went ridged, and looked over her shoulder at him. "This is the boy's locker room, you know?"

Jazmyn looked at Chase blankly, like a deer in headlights. "And as you can see, I'm busy." she said. Jazmyn's hand grabbed at whatever she could and threw it at him. His hand was around her throat and he had her pinned against the wall. "You bastard!" she snarled. "You wouldn't!"

"Oh wouldn't I?" his voice trailed off. Looking down at her wet frame. "It's not like there's anything you can--" BAM!! He was facedown on the floor, with someone's foot on the back of his head.

"I am truelly sorry for my classmate's actions, Miss Lun." Lao said, holding out a towel for her. "He will be disciplined accordingly." He was facing away from her, instead, glaring down at Chase. Lao Jiang reached down and grabbed Chase's feet and dragged him out like a broken wheelbarrel. "My apologies this meeting wasn't a pleasant one. Fair well."

***
present day
Mercedes 7:00 p.m.

Mana kicked Burn, the girl barely had time to react. She somersaulted out of the way. The shot missed, but Burn felt her muscles cramp up around the area. "Damn!" She staggered, regaining her stance seconds later.

Mana looked out the window, with every passing minute the Sun crept lower and lower behind the horizon. She ran her fingers through her black hair. Her uniform was in disaray, she looked a little tossled. Burn on the other hand, had a torn sleeve and bloodied knuckles. Her violet eyes as hostile as Mana's crimson ones. Logan grabbed Burns hand and Pipit grabbed her arm. They pulled her in the other direction away from Mana.

"What the hell are you guys doing?!" she shouted. "I need to beat her!"

Pipit's blue eyes looked at Burn. "She's stronger then you!" she said, her voice worried. "Mana isn't even using half her strength."

Logan saw something ahead og them. He let go of Burn's arm, but shoved them ahead. He turned around to face Mana. She came running, ready to grab him. Logan clapped his hands and touched the wall. Transmutation symbols appeared, and enclosed Mana. Jolts of what looked like electricity went through her. He tensed up and the power become thicker.

She smiled. "My! You've learned a new trick!" Mana's hands went out, and parted the energy as if they were nothing but curtains. "Too bad I've seen it before."

Pipit was on the verge of tears, but she held them back. She got infront of Burn. "Dazai Dezei!" Pipit shouted. Thousands of blue feathers appeared and speared Mana. The sparrow grabbed Logan's hand. "That won't hold her for long!"

Burn was being pulled by the two children. She looked at them, like they were crazy. "You didn't have to kill her!" she said, breahtless.

Logan and Pipit stopped, to look at her. "Mana's a Diablo." said Pipit. "And Diablos don't die."

"Thasssss right Maya-Anak!" Mana's hand went out and grabbed Pipit's head. Her nails turned into claws, leaving a bloody mark on the girl's forehead. "Now that one really threw me off! You knew Dazai Dezei?" The bloodied Mana laughed, squeazing Pipit's skull a little. "Remember, Anak...You made me do this."

Burn stepped between Logan and Mana. "Let her go." she said, her voice void of all emotion. Mana glared at Burn, telling her no. Something inside told Burn to fight. Fight harder then she ever fought before. "Sashiku."

Her ears became pointed, and the black tips of her hair turned purple. Her nails turned into claws, that looked perfectly manicured, rounded but sharp, and a long bushy tail. Her body altered from that of a fifteen year old to that of a nineteen year old. She opened her eyes and yawned. "God! That was a fracking long nap." she said. She looked at Mana then Pipit. Her fist hit Mana, making her drop Pipit and hit the tiled floor. "When i tell ya to let go. You do it!" She glanced over at Pipit and Logan. "What are you doing?! Run!"

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Elen on August 21, 2007, 11:22:23 PM

Elen on
Elen*sings* lovely lovely job!
this just gets better and better xD
hope to see more soon! *nod*

DawnyaBURN on August 19, 2007, 7:44:46 AM

DawnyaBURN on
DawnyaBURNO: gdhsjafhkgf.

That was fun to read. :'D

-bad at comments- >_>;;

CartoonQueen262 on August 19, 2007, 5:51:30 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262Holy fook! Bleed's gone nice! And you've gone bad! A SHOCKING TWIST!
I like it! And so the adventures of Kaj's little alchemist continues with his fellow comrade Pipit, but what this, Mana has laid her tainted hands upon Pipit! Oh my! The action the drama, all the traits of a good fiction, right here! And I know you know about Bleed's split personality, otherwise you wouldn't have wrote about, glad you remembered those small details. Yeah! and you tell those doges off! No one messes with you! Love that snappy comeback you got there! Yet I can already guess what shall happen next..
It's something along the lines of, you being bad to the bone, Kaj doing something awesome, Logan and Pipits adventures shall still resume, Chase will be Chase, and maybe the beast that you put to sleep earlier in Bleed will rise once more! Or not. I dunno, just a guess. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Demonic_Sora on August 18, 2007, 10:23:20 AM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_SoraOooOOooo x333 ACTIONY! c: Mwehehe my little alchemist son 83 good job on this, da Kaj eagarly awaits more 8D