Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - Moon Light Shadow

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 27 - Moon Light Shadow

Chapter 27 - Moon Light Shadow
chapter twentytwo: Moon Light Shadow

When you're at the penacle of happiness, at the top. You know, there's always someone to kick you down.

"What have you done?!"

"It wasn't my fault!"

"...Death is natural... causing death is unnatural."

"Bye bye, big brother! I'll miss you!"

"Where's my son?! Where's my daughter?! Where are my children?!"

And the last time she ever saw him, he was carried away by a moonlight shadow.

***

"Well, now that you ain't facing those little pipsqueaks." Sashiku grinned. "We can get started now can't we?" She cracked her knuckles loudly.

"Hmm..." Mana pushed her black hair away from her face. "My My My... What are you? You can't be a second born... or even a third born for that matter." She scratched her head. Then a thought struck her. "A reincarnette?"

"Dinga linga ling!" Sashiku's left ear twitched. She ran at Mana. Her arm pulled back for a punch, Mana blocked. Sashiku faked her out and kicked her. Mana went tumbling, stopping when she hit the end of the hall. "There's your prize."

Mana sat on her side, her arms pushing her up. She rubbed her chin. "Wow." She cracked her jaw back into place. "Quite a shot ya got there." The sun disappeared under the black horizon. Mana began laughing. Insideous and evil. Her black hair turned chalk white, claws jutted out her fingers, breaking apart her nails. Loud cracks and pops came from her bones as she began to morph.

Sashiku ran for her. Her leg raised for a kick, and brought it down on her side between her ribs and her hips. Blood splattered on the floor, and the wox girl jumped back. "What the hell?!" Mana lay there, torn in two. "shoot... I didn't think I hit her that hard..."

"You didn't." Mana laughed. Her arms went out and her upperbody balanced on them. Like a second pair of legs. Two batlike wings jutted out her back, webbed with torn leather like skin. "And now that you've seen my true form... You'll have to die."

"So you were that thing that tried to take Logan?" Sashiku yawned. "You're hideous if i do say so myself."

Mana grinned, showing off all her razor teeth. "Why thank you. And may i ask what my next meal is? A wolf? A kitsune? A neko? What?" Her wings opened, smashing through the windows. "All you disgusting halfbreeds are starting to look the same to me!"

Sashiku growled, her teeth grinding against eachother. "A neko?!" She disappeared. Sashiku suckerpunched Mana, sending her through the windows and into the empty courtyard. "I'm a wox. A rarity amoung most; a fox-wolf hybrid." Sashiku somersaulted and did a rollout kick on the vampire known as Mana. Her head went at an angle that would have shattered a spine. "And don't you forget it!"

Her head snapped back into place, a hiss escaping her mouth. "I'll remember that..." she hissed, "When I'm picking your flesh out of my teeth."

***
Counselor's Office (yes they have one of those)

"It's after seven." she groaned. "Do i really need to talk about my problems?"

The Counselor nodded. She adjusted her glasses and opened a folder. "Says here you punched two students, kicked a third... and head butt an Alejandro... all in a matter of minutes?"

Jazmyn shrugged. "Well now that you've gotten the facts you need. I should leave." She began to stand up from the chair, but the counselor cleared her throat.

"It also says here... One of them said something about your parents?" she inquired. Jazmyn jumped up and began for the door. It was locked. "Your teachers say your grades have dropped significantly, and that you lack focus." She put the files on her lap, and folded her hands on top of them. "Care to share your thoughts on the matters?"

She looked over her shoulder at her. "If I'm such a nuisance, why don't you guys just expell me?" Jazmyn thought for a moment. "No... because you're all wondering what I'll do next. If I'll go bad, and rot the rest of the crop, or if let go, cause mass murders like the rest of my kind." Her shoulder's slacked, her hand dropping from the door. "I've been woundering that same thing the past week."

"And what about your parents? Where do they fit in with your furocious attitude towards all the other students?" She wrote something on the file, then looked back at Jazmyn. "How do you think Mr. and Mrs. Lunn would feel? Seeing you act this way?"

Jazmyn laughed. "You didn't read the entire file did you?!" she snapped. "Because if you did, you would have read I'm from an orphanage. I picked my own name.... Which you are mispronouncing. It's Lun, like the Luna? Okay?"

"What about Miaruko--" The door's lock was broken and she was gone.

***

Elen, Chrystal, Invidia, and Lee were walking around after hours, when they saw Logan and Pipit come running up the hall. Pipit tripped and clutced to Lee's uniform. Logan gasped for breath, leaning against the wall to regain his balance. Lee looked at Pipit then Logan. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Mana...she's a demon...! And she... wants to... take... Logan away!" said Pipit in between breaths.

***

Sashiku was thrown into the air with a shout. Her eyes shut tight with pain, but in seconds they were open. Mana surged at her, claws ready to tear her apart. The wox girl smiled. While in the air, she flipped and brought a foot down on Mana's head. Snapping it foreward and causing her to fall towards the earth.

"We woxes are marvelous creatures. Looks of both species, but our skills are like that of a cat's." Sashiku sneered.

Mana's claws dug at the ground, pulling herself up out the ditch. "I didn't want to fight you." She grinned, all her razor teeth showing. "But my my my! What fun I'm having!"

Sashiku landed with grace. She stod in a stance. Sashiku tensed, and felt her muscles around her abdominal suddenly contract. "Nani?!"

"Woundering when it would kick in!" Mana laughed. The area where her body had seperated, the base of her spine/tailbone had formed into a stinger. "Doesn't hurt for the best couple seconds. But after that..." She looked over at Sashiku, grinning like a maniac. Sashiku let out an agonized scream. "But once it does, it's like hell." She fell to her knees, her hands holdin her stomach. All throughout Sashiku's body, her muscles were spazzing and contracting uncontrollably. "My venom works just like a jellyfish's... only faster."

"dog!" Sashiku snarled, tryin to stand up.

"It goes straight to the nerves, and makes red blood cells burst." Mana said. Her wings opened, then she flew at the woxgirl. Next thing Sashiku heard, was Mana's shrill scream. "frackIN HELL!!"

Sashiku's vision blurred, but she saw who it was. A woman dressed in a white dress, and pale lavender ribbons. Her left hand's ribbon like gloves had transformed into a bow. An energy blast ready to be fired like an arrow. "This has gone on long enough." she said. She looked at Sashiku from the corner of her eye. "My apologies, Miss Burnidette. That you had to be subjected to such filth."

Mana was missing her right arm, and wing, and lay gushing blood in the grass. "dog..." she gurgled. Her eyes became completely red, iris, pupil, cornea, all were consumed in crimson. "DIE!!"

Evelyn let the arrow fly. When it made contact with the vampire, she ceased to existed. Her molecules were torn apart, and burned into nothing. Evelyn slacked, her weapon folding back into ribbon. She looked at Sashiku. Kneeling down infront of her, Evelyn's hand went out. Her gloved hands touched the wound, blood soaking into the silk. She whispered something in an ancient language. Sashiku's eyes closed, and she collapsed.

***
The Next day

Burn woke up in her dorm. She sat up, and looked around. "God...my head..." she mumbled. Burn climbed out of bed, and walked to the bathroom to do her morning chores. Brush her teeth, comb her hair, wash her face, etc. When she was changing out of her pajamas, she noticed a bruise on her side. It wasn't that big a deal, but dark enough for her to see it.

"Must of gotten hit during Phys. Ed. yesterday." she mumbled.

***

"Oh my god! Did you see the nroth hall?" asked one girl.

"Yeah! It's a total mess!" said another.

"Bet you they're gonna blame us." Kaj whispered to Elen.

Elen shurgged. "Maybe, maybe not." She put her hands behind her head as she walked. "Want to go see the North Hall?"

Kaj nodded. "Just to show our innocence."

***

"Thought you said we shouldn't get involved?" Jessie inquired.

"I said you guys to not get involved." Evelyn replied. Jessie floated over to Evelyn. "You girls tend to go all out, and if you missed you'd be left with a very pissed Mana."

Jessie studied Evelyn, her ivy eyes narrowed at her. "You may be the strongest, but you're still the youngest." said Jessie. "What if Nen felt that attack? Or even worse, Diane?"

Evelyn smiled sweetly. "Let me worry about that."

Jessie sighed loudly. "I don't think MeiLin would be happy if you're happy..." She held her head and shouted. "You all make me so angry! You keep doing this crap without thinking!"

Evelyn laughed. She gave Jessie's sideways ponytail a gentle tug. "Umhmm... whatever." she said. "I just don't like it when people are in pain."

"Then why don't you ask Dreamer for that Shen Gong Wu? The Jar of Shin?" Jessie asked. "And return all their memories so we don't have to work so hard! DAMNIT!"

Evelyn hit Jessie, smacking the girl upside the head. "Don't curse. It's unbecoming of a girl you're age."

"I'm a thousand and three." Jessie said.

"Besides... It's not yet time." Evelyn said quietly. "If we unveil the reason before the questions, it may destroy them."

The white haired girl yawned, and floated around on her back. Like she was doing the backstroke in the sky. "Ah yes, the meaning of life. 'To Exist yet not to truelly Exist.' Quite a life for an angel." She put her hands out in the air above her. Bright green bubbles came from her finger tips and flew into the abyss known as 'the Heavens'. "Fantastic."

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CartoonQueen262 on August 31, 2007, 10:30:49 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262SLAP THE dog!
 
Wonderful chapter by the way :D

Demonic_Sora on August 30, 2007, 9:58:47 AM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_SoraKekekek. Very good n__n I'm glad you updated...AND WHAT DID THAT BIOTCH WANT WITH MY SON D< YARGINJARGIN.

c: Very good though, can't wait for somemore updates 83

DawnyaBURN on August 30, 2007, 8:04:44 AM

DawnyaBURN on
DawnyaBURNSMACK THAT dog. SEND HER FLYING. AH CHA CHA CHA. -thumbs up-

Sashiku: ... :D

-tackles Sashiku- OUUUUUUU~!!