Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 28 - Grinnin' like a Manic!

Welcome to Mercedes' Academy for Gifted Girls. Here, majic isn't just a word, it's the curriculum.

Chapter 28 - Grinnin' like a Manic!

Chapter 28 - Grinnin' like a Manic!
chapter twentythree: Grinnin' like a Maniac

"Helllllo!" Pipit said, sitting on Jazmyn's head. "Whatcha doin'?"

To the teen's suprise, Pipit barely weighed anything. She almost didn't notice her. "Homework." she said.

"Why?" asked Pipit. Leaning over and looking at the papers then in Jazmyn's eyes.

"Because i have to." she responded, looking back at Pipit.

"No." Pipit responded. "Why are you so sad?" Pipit gently gripped onto Jazmyn's hair so she wouldn't slip off. "Is it because of Sister MeMe?"

Jazmyn sighed. She wasn't going to get her work done with this little Fallen hovering around her. "Why don't you go hangout with Logan? Or Kaj?"

"I wanna hangout with you." Pipit snuggled her head. Then she slid forward and sat on the desk. "Stop being sad! Please? Let out all those bad feelings out. So all that's left are smiles!"

"Um...yeah...Well I'm not sad." Jazmyn said, standing up. "I'm going for a walk and--"

"But Zizi-neesama!" said the girl. "You keep shunning your responsiblities, you're going to get nowhere." Jazmyn turned to see a black haired, pink irised, and olive skinned preteen. She wore a verve sector uniform, and sitting on top of Jazmyn's papers and desk. Miaruko Sol picked up the papers and looked them over. "This doesn't look so hard. Do you want me to help?"

"STOP IT! STOPITSTOPITSPOTIP!" Jazmyn shouted. She picked up a text book and threw it at the desk. It crashed into her other books, causing them all to clatter on the floor. Pipit immediately turned back to her normal form. Tears in her eyes, she turned away from Jazmyn.

"You're mean!" she shouted back. Pipit turned into a sparrow and flew out the window. "I hate you!"

Jazmyn cursed herself. She opened the window fully and jumped out. Landing, she didn't break a sweat and ran after Pipit. Jazmyn had to say she was sorry. The moment of seeing MeMe again, in real life, Jazmyn's heart hurt. Her voice, was so real. It was like she never left... Never...Died.

Pipit hadn't gone far, she was standing against a really big tree, her arms crossed against it and she was crying. She looked back at Jazmyn, tears still streaming her face. "I'm sorry." Jazmyn whispered, not stepping anycloser. "I'm...just really upset..."

Pipit looked back at Jazmyn. "I was trying to make you happy!" she sobbed. "Evelyn said i should do something nice for you!"

"I don't need anyone--" Jazmyn started, but Pipit shouted back.

"That's your problem! You think you don't need anyone, but you do!" she cried. "People need others so they won't be angry or sad all the time!" She rubbed her eyes roughly, "So...Suh-so you won't become a baddie! An empty!"

Jazmyn remembered hearing that phrase before. "...You're scared for the damnation of my soul?" Pipit nodded her head quickly, tears still streaming down her face. "Why?"

"Because! Sister MeMe loved you!" Pipit cried.

Jazmyn walked up to Pipit, she put her hand out and Pipit flinched. The vampire smiled and patted her on the head. Pipit opened her eyes, looking at Jazmyn. She was smiling, her eyes no longer angry, or frightened. "Thanks." she murmured. "It's very nice... of all of you trying to make me feel better... but lately... I just feel... so hollow inside...like i have no purpose."

"Don't say that!" the child hicced. "Everyone has a purpose! Ellie-chan! Kaj-chan! Vivi-chan! Meme-chan! Everyone has a purpose!"

Jazmyn felt so tired. She fell to her knees, then collasped on the grass. Her head turned sideways, and Pipit could see she was crying. Tears just started pouring out her eyes uncontrollably. And she told the Fallen everything. About MeMe's death, the Accusations against her, the Breed known as Aswang, her mother, everything. Pipit knelt down and pulled her head into her lap.

"I would have to say... you were made to live. And you're purpose..." Pipit smiled, her silver-blue eyes glowing. "Is to do what you want. I never said you're purpose was predestined. I mean.. it is... but there are multiple ways to get there... like chutes and ladders."

"Aww. Isn't that cute?" sneered a voice. "Is that how you think the world works, Maya?" Pipit's head snapped up, to look at someone. She was shaking alittle. Jazmyn's hand gripped Pipit's tightly. She knew that voice. "ECLAIR!!"

White lightning struck the ground where they once were. He as disappointed to see they weren't burned into piles of charcoal. "Yo, 'sup Nen?" asked Jazmyn, grinning like a maniac. She held Pipit in her arms, an odd new found strength inside of her. She turned to the child in her grasp. Then back to NenTar. "You still wanna fight me? I mean i don't have either of my swords, so it'd be a big advantage for you, an Angel, with a powerful weapon like Eclair. To attack little ol' me. A halfbreed, unarmed, and barely of age. Quite an advantage, wouldn't you agree?"

NenTar grinned, brushing his onyx bangs away from his face. "Isn't that the point?"

***
1729-Chekiang, China (i don't know many chinese words, so i'm going to have direct translations of some of the names, or very cliche names)

She stood in her room, just looking out at the rain covered streets. She opened the windows to their full extent so she could reach out and touch the water. She hated this hellhole, a prinsoner because of her lack of papers and money. A refugee who barely knew her own name. Nothing, just found on the gutters, halfdead, and covered in blood.

Sai. That was the name she chose for herself. A servant tapped on the door, "Miss Sai, a customer has requested you entertainment."

"I'll be right down." Sai replied. She checked herself in the looking glass and found herself presentable to company. Sai opened the door and walked down the stairs. She stood before them, and as the orchestra began to play, she sang. When it ended, she bowed, and retreated for the night. She sat a the window, looking out at the rain. So peaceful. She leaned against the windowsil, trying to sleep to the sound of falling rain.

The door to her chambers opened. Sai's head snapped up to look at him. She stood up, "You are not aloud up here!" He shut the door and the sound of it locking made made Sai back up. "Get out!" she said, trying to sound furocious, but sounding more like a mouse.

He said nothing. The 'customer' came closer, making Sai back up against the window's ledge. When he came too close, she tried to run, only to have him grab her from behind. He tugged off her clothes and began to kiss her. "No!" she cried, feeling helpless. "Please! Stop it!" He didn't. He undid the top of her dress, having her half naked. The man proceded to kiss and grope her. "STOP IT!!"

***

Sai ran out her room, and into another part of the manor. A servant found her, covered in blood, and in a ruined dress. "Miss Sai! What happened?!"

The Lady of the Manor came, and asked Sai what had happened. "Well?"

She pulled her legs closer to her chest, and yanked her torn sleeve up to cover herself. "I only sing! That is all i do!" she snapped. "I do not service anyone. Other then my voice, no one is to touch me!"

The Lady knelt to Sai, and checked her wounds. There weren't any. "What sort of trechery is this, Sai?!" She held out her hand, showing Sai the crimson that painted her hands. Her eyes grew wide with terror. She walked over to Sai's room to find a man. Lying dead, killed by what looked like multiple stabs with a spear. Lady Yue whiped the blood on his clothes, and walked out. "We're going to have to dispose of the body. There's going to be some flooding near the river. Just dump him there."

"Yes Milady." the servant bowed and went to retrieve others to help get rid of the body.

Yueh knelt to Sai. She gently undid the dress and looked at her back. Sai quivered under her touch, and Yueh saw her spines recede back into her skin. Like the quills of a porcupine. "So...you're one of them..." Yueh sighed. "As long as you keep calm, and don't hurt anyone, I'm sure we can keep this a secret."

Sai turned to look at Yue. "MeiLin. Clean Miss Sai up, and get her some clean clothes."

***
present day.

Evelyn was asleep, her molecules seperate so she just looked like a thin mist cloud. Her mind screamed when she felt the aura of the man. First her hands formed, then her arms, head and chest, until her whole body was there. She looked around. "Jessie! Where's Pipit?!" she shouted.

Jessie yawned loudly. "Hanging around Jazmyn I think." Lightning cut through the sky, miles away from the two. "Holy...! That can't be...!"

"Eclair." Evelyn breathed. "Damn him to hell." Her wings opened to their full extent. "Chica, looks like our plans have been sped up."

***

"Urm... wow." Kaj touched the wall, then empty space where a walll used to be. Torn out plaster, wood and other materials littered the floor and the court yard down below. "Never seen anything like this."

Elen used her foot to lift up a piece of wood and look underneath. Shreds of a verve Sector uniform were tattered and had speckles of blood. "Must have been some fight."

Kaj traced her hand over the claw marks in the marble floor. A tallon stuck out from the floor a foot away. "....that can't be..." She remembered the harpie-thing that tried to take Logan away. It had the same type of claws... and in a small area like this, the damage looked just about right. 'But... i killed it. Nothing was left... so what the hell's going on in this school?'

"Ladies, don't you have class?" asked Haruka Satou. "Wouldn't want to be late, now would we?"

"No, Ma'am." Kaj and Elen left to fifth hour. Kaj looked back at Haruka. 'How was someone so young a teacher at this school?' Kaj shrugged and made it back to class. 'She's got to be older then she looks... way older.'

Haruka sighed. "God Mana, can't even grab little runt Angel and Halfbreed. " She waved her hand and the walls rebuilt themselves and the windows grew back to their original form. The clawed up floor flattened out like nothing had happened. "Father is not going to be very pleased."

***

"LUMIERE!" Another blast rattled through the ground, tearing up the trees and turning them to ash. "Hold still you little leech!"

Jazmyn barely dodged the attack. "God! I lose more uniforms this way!" she laughed. Yes. that's right, she was laughing. Had any of the other girls seen her they would all agree. Jazmyn Lun had lost her mind. She had not offense, and hardly any defense.

Nen backed up. Assuming she had something up her sleeve, or even back up from one of those damned 'teachers'. NenTar saw no one, and felt no other aura. He brought Eclair up and swung at her. She ducked, and a full five inches of her hair was cut off. Jazmyn's hand brushed against his shirt, and a blast sent them in different directions.

Nen looked to see Pipit, her hands out ready to attack. Neon blue feathers hovering around. She was quaking and terrified to make another attack. "Big brother.... stop it!"

Nen's silver hair went on end. "How dare you..." He swung at Pipit. "CALL ME THAT!" he shouted. The attack was cancelled out when Pipit used Dazai Dezei as a shield. The blast sent her back into a tree. "You were denounced of the title 'sister', when you made friends with creatures like her." Nen pointed the saber at Jazmyn. Pipit attempted to stand up.

"By titles and laws... is that why we exist? To take orders?! Never doing what we feel is right?!" The child shouted. "Killing isn't right! No matter who it is! It hurts others... and takes a small part of ourselves to hell."

Nen became infuriated with the Fallen. He ran for her, and kicked her into the ground. "Andelle! You have become so lowly as to question someone who outranks you?!" He kicked her again. "ANSWER ME ANDELLE!!" Pipit gurgled out a response, slurred because of the pain she was in. Her blue silver eyes shown with tears, begging him to stop. Nen raised Eclair, ready to finish her.

Jazmyn came at him, catching his sword with both her hands. The saber burned her hands, and the strike went through her. Cutting Jazmyn's sleeve, and butchering her shoulder. "I won't let you." she murmured. Blood and tears covered her face. The skin on her hands darkened to black, and her nails became red talons. "Not another one."

***

Jessie appeared at the school's vault. She looked at the massive door, then at the bells hanging near by. Jessie rubbed her head, "Geez.. what was the combination?... It's been so long..."

"Nice to see you again, Lelola." said a voice. Jessie turned to see Dreamer, leaning against the wall smiling at her. "Never thought we'd meet after what happened to GalaTea."

"Never thought I'd see the Great Goddess of Phantasy on Earth." Jessie tapped the bells in a certain order, hoping the vault would open. It didn't. She tried three more times, but to no avail. "Good grief... what did you do? Change it?"

Dreamer smirked at her. She stood off the wall an walked over to the vault. "Keeping the same combination for a thousand years could let anyone in." She tapped a different order then Jessie. And the vault creaked open.

"Especially with the students you keep." Jessie said. "You're really asking for it, you know that?" Jessie and dreamer walked down the spiralling staircase, passing shelves and shelves of Shen Gong Wu. "Where's the Jar of Shin?"

"Why would you want that one? I think the YinYang Yo-Yo would be more sufficient." said Dreamer. "Be able to bring Kuya and A-te out if you use the Ring of nine Dragons with it."

"If none of the students remember who they really are, then you're going to be in big trouble." jessie sighed. She saw the Shen Gong Wu on a shelf above her head . Jessie floated to it and picked it up. It was a small blue and silver jar, with little symbols all over it. "And of all people you actually kept your husband here?"

"He has nice hair" Dreamer shrugged. "Why does that matter?"

They turned and began up the staircase again. "Things have gotten too out of hand." When they were at the top Jessie bowed to her. "when i release their memories, watch out for the Heylin Trio. I'm sure they'll be the most pissed off of them all."

***

Haruko Satou stopped and stood at the window, looking at the light show. "Well damn them to hell and back. Sending a cleaning crew to get rid of them."

A wolf-like chimera stepped forward. "what would you like us to do, Master?"

"...if Nen is trying to rid the world of the Shadows... then i guess we had better speed up our plans too." Haruko's deep brown hair turned black and her aqua eyes turned a dark violet blue. She also grew a few years younger. Like the age of a Sophomore. Her kitsune features changed to make her look like a normal student. Her ears were slightly pointed, but just enough so she looked more elflike than animal. "Get the others and execute anyone and everyone who is a threat."

"Most of the numbers have no memories of the wars." the chimera spoke. "Only a small percentage are relative threats."

Ruka Aotuo smirked. "Well enforce those that want to live." she said simply. She kept looking out the window at the fight, white lightning and lavender fire lit up the sky. "...So she's back... interesting."

***

As Jessie started making her way back to the courtyard, something attacked her. The chimera tore open her arm, practically wripping it out of it's socket. The angel sent currents of moving molecule's through the creature's skull, splatting chimera matter all over the doorway. A few dozen others came, baring fangs and claws that looked like they'd wrip her to shreds.

Jessamine reached in her pocket and pulled out the Shen gong Wu. "JAR OF SHIN!" As she shouted this out, Jessie was taken down by seven chimeras at once. "sonnovabetch!" she screamed, her right arm completely severed. The Shen gong Wu fell and was shattered on the ground. The fallen's arm regrew, and she grinned at them.

"Master has wanted you're head on a plater for centuries! LeLoLa." snarled a chimera with a human body, but jackel characteristics.

"Who? the dog Ruka Aotuo?" she grinned. As another chimera lept at her, Jessie shoved a handful of recharged particals down it's throat. The result was explosive. Her white and green outfit now ruined, the fallen looked at the chimera. "She's been causing alot of problems for me and mis Hermanas."

"She plans to please Master, with the return of his son and daughter." the chimera replied.

Jessie blinked. "...You've got to be kidding me." she muttered. "This entire time... She was working for--"

The Chimera nodded. "Why else would all this go down? here? Of all places?" The Jackal came at Jessie, striking her and sending her into the wall. "Now that we've secured Mster's Daughter, tell us, where is his son?"

Jessie struggled to stand. She stood with grace and dignity, dusting off her skirt like it was a bug that had laded on her. "You ask me like i know?" she gave him a cocky laugh. "Didn't you here? He left before your precious Ruru came. Kazemaru." Jessie's hands went out, grasping the iv green frame that was her weapon. A lance with blade shaped like a bird's wings spread for flight. With one swing, most of the creatures coming at her were slashed to pieces. "Don't know where the hell he is. And if i did i wouldn't tell. Oh, and just so you know?" Jessie pointed Kazemaru at the broken shards of the Wu. "I finished using it long before it broke. So it really... Really.... Really! Sucks to be you."

***

Evelyn flew at Nen, closing in her wings at the right moment and spinning into a rollout kick. He jumped back, evading her strike. The two looked like polar opposites, though their clothes were completely white, it was the other details like the color of their eyes and pendants contrasted.

"Ev-eh-lyn." he stretched out her name. "nice to see you again. Little Evie-kins. I could have sworn Diane killed you personally."

"You can't kill time." she spoke. Ribbons were wrapped around her arms and legs, looking like elegant silken gloves and boots. On the back of her hands, center of her chest, and forehead, "Which is exactly what Diane made me the master of."

Nen charged at her. The ribbons around her right arm reacted, morphing in a sword. In seconds she had blocked with her sword. A rapier style blade, whose hilt and handle were tinted lavender. "Too bad it was short lived." NenTar's saber glowed. "Lumiere."

"LaGrimas!" Evelyn shouted. The two weapons' energy collided, cancelling them out. The counterraction of energy pulled in, then pushed them outward. Evelyn used the gem on her left arm to form a shield, protecting herself, Pipit and Jazmyn. "Maya-anak." she said, not looking at the young reaper. "Get Jazz-anak out of here. ASAP."

Pipit struggled to stand. She hobbled over to Jazmyn and grabbed her hand. The vampire's arms were covered in black skin. Completely onyx colored flesh that was darker then her uniform. She glared at the child, telling her to refrain from contact.

"We have to go!" Pipit said teary eyed. "I don't want to lose any more sisters!"

Jazmyn's body slacked a little. She took Pipit's hand and they began to run back to the school. From the corner of his eye, Nen saw this. "THE HELL YOU ARE!" He shouted. A speared formed with the flick of his wrist. "I'LL SLAY ALL THREE OF YOU!!"

It was thrown at Evelyn. Her shield couldn't hold off the lightning and the spear, so it automatically broke. Evelyn was able to dodge.

"MAYA! JAZMYN!" she shouted. The girl made a sickening scream as the head of the spear went through her ribs, just above her waist. Practically nailing her to the tree. Her hand's weakly scrambled to pull it out, but her own blood made it difficult and unrelenting. Evelyn turned back to Nen, her eyes furious.

***

"...Welcome to the magic news network! your only access to magic news. Here, at the Campases of Mercedes' and Alejandro's, there was what looked to be a massacre. At least three hundred students wounded, fifty six students missing and eighty nine dead, including the of the schools: Philip Aran and Theodora Aran . Yet has been revealed on the critical details. Such as who did this and how this all happened..." The television droned on as all across the world, families watched in horror as they were told of the disastrous events that unfolded at there schools. Magical users of the world, grew scared, wondering the same thing...

"How the hell could this have happened? Mercedes and Alejandro were two of the top five schools in the three dimensions!"

and more importantly...

"What can we do...? So this doesn't happen again?"

***

...seven months later....

The Acting Dean sat in her chair, looking over papers of transfers and other important things. She waved her hand and a cup floated over to her. She sipped the crimson liquid, sighing at the delicious taste. Metallic, yet Sweet.

"Excuse me... Miss Lun?" a voice piped up.

"Come in." said the Dean. "What is it, Leah?"

"These letters arrived for you this morning." said Leah, placing the pack of envelopes on the desk. "Is there anything else you'll be needing?" The Dean shook her head. Leah bowed then left.

Dean Jazmyn Lun turnd to look out the window. "My My My." she smiled out her coffee mug of blood. "This was easier then i thought."

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Elen on September 27, 2007, 11:22:44 AM

Elen on
ElendundaDUN! |D
Awesome job on the chapter as usual! n__n

CartoonQueen262 on September 26, 2007, 11:24:50 AM

CartoonQueen262 on
CartoonQueen262......................
 
No comment, you left me to astound here. No words can describe how amazing that was.

Demonic_Sora on September 24, 2007, 6:33:18 AM

Demonic_Sora on
Demonic_Sora:O!

-dramatic music-

Curiousity..