Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Blazing

Almost two years have passed since she last set foot in Mercedes Academy. New friends. New Foes. New Problems. All the same action.

Chapter 2 - Blazing

Chapter 2 - Blazing
two: Blazing

Jazmyn pushed the manila folders into her bag, just shoving them in when she heard a loud squeal. A dark brown and tan fuzzy creature popped its head out the bag and clawed it’s way up to her shoulders. “Rune? Whatcha think you’re doin in meh bag?” she asked, rubbing the ferret under the chin with her index finger.

Rune made a hissing, purring noise, rubbing his head against her hand. Kulani stared at her, his nose scrunched up a bit.

“What’s that look for?” Jazmyn asked.

“I hate that thing.” he said. “It’s like a long rat.” Kulani took a few sidesteps, giving distance between himself and Jazmyn.

Jazmyn shrugged. “Now can we go home?” she asked.

Kuya yawned and held open the door for them. Jazmyn stepped out the school, and looked up at the largest tower on campus. The last time she was here was when she was talking to Pipit and was attacked by Nen. Since then… things ad changed drastically. Some for the best, some for the worse.

“This place gives me the creeps….and… when can I start calling you Kuya again?” Jazmyn asked.

Kuya looked at her, his spiky bangs falling in his face. “…When they stop following us.” He said in a calm tone, walking down the cement path that led to the forest.

Jazmyn sighed. “You think they’re school security?” she asked, holding Rune against her chest.

Kuya sighed. “No.” Rune’s round little ears flicked, listening to everything around them. He hissed loudly, scurrying back into Jazmyn’s bag. They both jumped out of the way as a mace crashed down on the earth.

“Jeez… What’d we do now?” Jazmyn asked, rubbing her temples. “Step on the grass?”

Kuya looked as a small group of teenage boys stood before them. The one wielding the mace, loaded it onto his shoulder and looked at Jazmyn. He swung the weapon down, the pointed it at her. “You.” he said.

She looked back at the teen, which looked around her age. “Oh shoot… not this again… why?!” she snapped.

“Enough questions!” yelled one of the others. He ran at Kuya, his double edged sword drawn. Kuya dodged the strike, moving at the last second. He flicked the blade with his index finger, and it flew from the boy’s hands.

“Impatient little pricks aren’t we?” Kuya asked, staring him down, his eyes cold as ice. “Are you that willing to through your life away?”

Two other teens came at Kuya. He retaliated, by socking the first on in the gut, grabbing him by the arm and swinging him into them. “Jazz, Let’s go before someone get’s hurt.”

Jazmyn turned and began down the path. She was moving at a quick pace, her bag in her arm to prevent it from banging against her legs. The others followed close behind, making trees fall around her. Someone jumped in her way, swinging an axe-trident down. Jazmyn jumped back, then ran forward, pushing the weapon into the earth as she ran up in and jumped over him.

“Adyos!” she winked at the teen and she spun in midair, rotating not flipping. As Jazmyn was turning, readying her legs for a running landing, a bladed whip snapped up at her. She wasn’t able to fully dodge and the handle of her bag was sliced. It started to fall to the ground, when a giant white bird with red eyes grabbed it and flew off.

“Thanks A-te…” she said, her hand on her chest. She landed, crouching low to the ground then running at the one with the whip. “What is your problem?!” she snapped, the weapon crashing into the ground beneath her feet, then coming up and slicing a section of her skirt.

She moved back inspecting a shallow cut on her leg. “….so I guess we’re not playing anymore?” the girl asked, looking from one opponent to another. She flexed her hands, her fingers popping loudly. “Alrighty then.”

*******


Kuya was busy with the leader, the one wielding the mace, and another with a broad double sided sword. Everytime they moved, Kuya was able to evade or dodge quite easily. “I don’t have time for you children.” he said coldly. He dodged the mace again, only to have the sword swing and cut into his arm.

Blood gushed out from the deep gash that was now on the inside of his elbow. Far off there was some explosion. “Just fantastic.” Kuya spat. He moved his arm then blocked another strike from both weapons. His blue eyes glimmered dangerously, in a blink he was gone. They separated and kept on edge, waiting for an attack.

“Over here kiddies!” Kuya laughed, launching a punch. It struck the one with the sword, sending him ten feet and crashing into a tree.

“Arrgh!” The boy with the mace charged, striking Kuya in the shoulder until they both heard a loud pop. He turned the weapon and moved sideways. Kuya bent back, and only one of the spikes on the mace cut him. A small cut was on his neck, blood slowly trickling out.

Kuya moved, faster then his opponent could see and kicked him. A knee to the stomach, then another kick to the center of his back, sending him into the ground. “If you know what’s good for you, you’ll stay down.” Kuya said, panting slightly.

*******


Jazmyn had her legs wrapped around his neck and across his chest, pulling his arm and hands wrapped securely around his wrist. “Try moving your arm… and it’ll break.” She said. “Hell…I’m amazed you’re still standing up.”

He gasped, trying to breath with her the back of her knee pressed against his throat. “dog…R-release me…!”

“Hey. I’ll let up after you pass out.” Jazmyn smirked. “Deally?”

Her other opponent, whom she had already beaten the snot out of twice, stood up and came at Jazmyn. Her pointed ear twitched, and she applied more pressure to the one in her grasp, causing him to crumple to the ground unconscious. The metal whip cracked loudly against the air, cutting into her side. Blood splattered on the ground and she scowled at him.

She staggered back, holding the deep cut in her side. In hurt. More then the other attacks had. Jazmyn touched a beaded bracelet on her wrist, the dark lavender and mauve beads glowing. “God… I seriously don’t have time for you….”

“Mamulaklak Sumangga!” she called as the whip was coming down on her head. A shield forming of purple flower petals flourished, blocking his strikes. Jazmyn flicked her wrist and the attack was turned back on him. “Mamulaklak Hiwa!”

He was bleeding from his shoulder and went down with a loud ‘whump!’. She walked over to the boy and stood over him. “….You noticed… I hit the very tip of your shoulder. Not even near your socket or any vital nerves…” she said, then smiled sweetly at him. “You guys put up a good fight…. We’re just better.”

Kuya carried three other people over and put them on the ground new by. “Tell however sent you to back off… and stop sending children to do their job.” He said, irritated.

Jazmyn smiled and straighten out her clothes. “Bye guys.” They both turned and dashed down the forest path, moving faster then before.

*****


RhangLi inspected the bag, running her delicate fingers over the shredded fabric. “Well damn… didn’t think they’d get into trouble this quick,” she sighed, taking out some needle and thread and sewing up Jazmyn’s bag. Rune the ferret lay in an empty powder drink container, chewing on one of his squeaky toys. He peeked out at RhangLi, making a hissing noise at her. He wasn’t angry, in fact it was one of his happy noises. “Pfft… I know. I know.” RhangLi chuckled.

Jazmyn and Kuya came through the front door, kicking off their shoes and locking the door behind them. “A-te! Yo. We got some stitches for you to do.” Kuya said bluntly.

Jazmyn cringed with every step, collapsing on a chair. She slid down so her wounded side was up for A-te to inspect. The woman put down the bag and walked over to them. Her red and black unseeing eyes stared blankly at them, as her finger tips brushed around the shredded up flesh.

“And what happened here?” she asked, her tone a little angry. “Why weren’t you watching her Kuya?”

“We got separated.” Jazmyn said, flinching. “I’m sure if you give me the green liniment I’ll be…ow…fine.”

A-te furrowed her brow and scoffed. “Yeah right… this feels pretty deep.” She reached over in her sewing kit and pulled out some thread in a plastic bag and a new unopened needle. “I’ll sew it up and then you can do what you want child.” A-te threaded the eye and began to work. “You know anything about them?”

“Nope.” Kuya said, sitting on another chair. “Just a bunch of runts wielding Spirits Bonded Weapons.” He sighed, his shoulders dropping some. “Pretty sure Jakob and Henrietta sent them.”

“How do you know?” asked A-te, pushing the skin together and sewing it together. She did a tight cross stitch, white thread making little X’s on Jazmyn’s side. Tight enough so they were secure, but loose enough so it didn’t cut the skin further.

“At least two of the guys were their sons.” Kuya said.

Jazmyn raised her arm and waved her hand a bit. “Hey…! Question! Who are Jakob and Henrietta?” she asked, trying to turn her head so she could look at Kuya.

“They’re important people in the Majic Society… The Main Counsel people for Benez and Cairos…” Kuya said. He stretched his arms above his head and yawned. “Annoying littler twirps all the same.”

“Benez and Cairos…. You mean that Demon and Anima thinger where they have pacts and arrangements and stuff?” Jazmyn asked, flinching when A-te accidentally went too deep. “Owieeee…!” She took a few breathes, and then spoke in a semi-even tone. “Why would they be after us any how?? We’re not breaking any pacts of documented arrangements… we haven’t made any.”

“That’s probably why.” A-te said. “They always want renegade families like ours to join one of the branches in some area….All done.” A-te applied some liniment and grinned. “Just don’t touch for a week.”

Jazmyn stood up and looked at A-te. “Why would they care if we’re part of a family or something?”

A-te shrugged. “Halfbreeds are unpredictable, they want to make sure what side we’re on.”

Jazmyn snorted and laughed. “We don’t need to be drawn into another damn political battle.” she scoffed. “I think I’m gonna take a nap… then go out with Marilynn later tonight…. Okay?”

“Sure.” A-te said. “Just put some bandages if your going to wear that one dress.”

Jazmyn nodded and opened the door to her room. She disappeared up into the attic, Rune following in toe.

Kuya looked at A-te. “…So we’re gonna tell her when?” he asked, giving his older sister a tired look.

A-te picked up the Corduroy bag and began stitching again. She muttered something under her breath and multiple threads came out her kit and fixed the strap. Soon it looked like nothing ad happened to it.

Well?” Kuya asked.

“Tomorrow.” A-te said, placing the bag down on the floor. “When we go to see… them."

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ElevatorMusicINC on June 27, 2008, 7:21:42 PM

ElevatorMusicINC on
ElevatorMusicINCOoooo :333
And so you start up another one~
I agree with Dawnya, your writing has gotten better n__n

SUSPENCEFUL >:U
That end piece.
Bold = suspenceful >w>

Very nice and I eagarly await more :33