Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Ugly

One day, a young girl stood in front of the mirror and saw that she was ugly.

Chapter 1 - Ugly

Chapter 1 - Ugly




One day, a young girl stood in front of the mirror and saw that she was ugly.

She was never quite sure how this thought came to mind. Perhaps her rapidly increasing acne was the one that did it. Or maybe it's when she noticed how her parents always praised her sister's good looks, yet never even gave a tiny hint to her that she was the least bit pretty.



Fact is, the girl knew with conviction that she was ugly, as well as she knew that the world is round.



It pained her to look at herself in the mirror at first, but as time went by, she ceased to care. She no longer bothered to do her hair and didn't care what clothes she wore. After all, if you already know that you're ugly, why bother to dress up and attempt to look pretty? It's not like dressing up's going to hide the ugliness.



Sure, whenever she saw girls who have perfect figure, face, etc., she'd turn green in envy. Why can't her waist be so thin? Why can't all her teeth be straight? What makes them so special? It just wasn't fair.



Sometimes, when she studies herself in front of the mirror, she'd think of if only her nose was smaller, her bust size larger, be acne free… and so forth. Maybe, just maybe, she could be pretty.



In fact, at times, when she just got out of bed and her mind was half awake, she'd catch a glimpse of herself in the mirror and find herself pretty…



But, when she cringe her head for a closer look, all she saw was ugliness.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Gaz on August 26, 2005, 12:19:14 AM

Gaz on
GazWell, that is straight to the point. I like your opening sentence. lol

Trinity_Fire on August 5, 2005, 12:03:32 AM

Trinity_Fire on
Trinity_Fireawww, a small and sad piece. ^^- It's nice! And the way you go about it so different than other writers... I love your style!
And it's funny how i find it so very true. XD
Loved the simplicity and the final two paragraphs were really nice. ^_^
Keep writing!