Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Love is a Battlefield

I felt that it was too mushy-gooshy, so this is the revised version of my original fic.

Chapter 1 - Love is a Battlefield

Chapter 1 - Love is a Battlefield
Love is a Battlefield

Sess songfic by June Harvey

She sat in the middle of the clearing, listening to her IPod and singing along with every song that played. She belted out "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera, " Believe" by Cher, and then Pat Benatar's " Love is a Battlefield" came through her headphones. As she listened to the intro, her braid on her left shoulder and dark skin glistening in the sunlight, brown eyes closed, he watched from a distance.

Now, Sesshoumaru was surprised to see her all alone in the forest. She was normally somewhere near Inuyasha or Kagome. She was so innocent, the eay she always jumped when she heard a small sound, or when she first saw him. She had been walking off a little, lost in her IPod melodies and reading a book.. Then she bumped into him. She looked up and turned as pale as she could possibly be with her auburn skin, and ran to hide behind Inuyasha and Kagome.

'She always clings to Inuyasha and Kagome. Why would she wander off?' he thought.

Knowing that she would run if she saw him, Sesshoumaru stayed silent and watched her from the shadows.

She knew that he was dangerous. She knew he hated humans. Inuyasha and Kagome were always telling her not to trust him.
But she couldn't stop thinking about Sesshoumaru. 'He may be a ruthless killer,' she thought, 'but I just don't get that feeling from him. I know not to judge people by what others say, but what if Inuyasha's right? He might really kill me!!!! But I met this little girl who said that he saved her....but I can't be sure.'

As Pat Benatar's voice came through the headphones her voice followed with an equal intensity.

"We are young
Heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield"

Sesshoumaru's eyes widened slightly. What did this song know of them?

She continued.

"You make me go
You make me stay
Why do you hurt me so bad?'

Sesshoumaru interpreted this as meaning her running away if he stayed, and his leaving in disgust after coming to his senses enough to realize that he was following her. Yet time and time again, he found himself drawn to her.He also reflected on his thoughts of her, wondering why this simple human could make him feel worse pain than any flesh wound he'd ever received. 'Why is she different from all of the other humans I've seen? How can she do this with just one stare? I must be going crazy,' he finally decided.


"It wolud help me to know
Do I stand in your way?
Or am I the best thing you have?"

She thought sadly about when he saved her from a demon outside of Naraku's castle. He hugged her, then threw her aside and yelled at her, " Stay out of my way!"

"Believe me, believe me,
I can't tell you why
But I'm trapped by your love
And I'm chained to your side"

Even though he denied this feeling as being lonely, he knew in his heart that it was indeed longing. Silently following her. Visiting her when she slept. Returning things she had lost, and secretly keeping a lucky coin necklace she had given him underneath the chestplate of his armor. He thought grimly, 'this song does know of us.'

She always felt so drawn to him. His voice, his stare, his quiet intensity. 'He is...intriguing. But why do I want to be with someone that dangerous?'

She rose and sang loudky.

"We are strong!!
No one can tell us we're wrong!!
Searching our hearts for so long....
Both of us know it...
Love is a battlefield."

Even when with Rin and Jaken, he had always felt that something was missing. Most of the time he dismissed this as some unfinished task he had yet to discover, thus he began his wanderings.

Even with Kagome and Inuyasha, she had felt isolated and lonely.' But why do I feel happy around him?' she thought.

"We're losing control
You turn me away
Or touch me deep inside"

She remembered yelling that she hated him in front of Inuyasha and the others that one time. But she didn't mean it.She also remembered all of the times he tried to kill her, but couldn't bring himself to do it.

He was thinking of the same thing. Always he tried to rid himself of her and those feelings, but the last time she tried, she looked at him with a sad, scared look, and asked, "Why? Why me?"
He answered,"....because......because......"

"But if all this gets old,
Will it still feel the same?
There's no way this will die."

'I can't believe he said that he loved me. That's so stupid,' she thought, how can I believe anything so foolish? I must've been daydreaming.....that's right...' She shook her head. '....daydreaming.' But a small voice in her head still asked, 'What if it wasn't a daydream?'

Sesshoumaru decided to walk out of the shadows into her view, hoping that she wouldn't notice. He stepped on a twig.

She turned her head quickly in his direction. She saw him, and her eyes widened.

She ran, dropping her IPod and its headphones to the floor.

'It was just like the other times that she had run,' he thought.

Wanting to hear the rest of the song, he kneeled by the IPod, picked up the headphone set and put it to his ear.

"And if we get much closer l could lose control"

"...And if your heart surrenders, you'll need me to hold." she sang.

Sesshoumaru looked up, and there she stood again, with tears in her eyes.

She continued,

"We are young
Heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands ...... "

She whispered, " Love is a battlefield."

He reached out only for her to flee again.

The next morning, she awoke with Shippo saying, " You've got a secret admirer! Hahaha!"

She looked beside the spot where she was sleeping and saw her IPod, along with a single rose.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

gaaraluv on December 19, 2006, 10:03:07 AM

gaaraluv on
gaaraluvlove it

sis on March 2, 2006, 9:39:42 AM

sis on
sisDUDE!This COOL!Very great job!XD