Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Lost

After a string of coincidences, Tohru Honda finds herself at college, never having met the Sohmas. Who will she meet there? hmmm... *evil grin*

Chapter 1 - Lost

Chapter 1 - Lost
^_^ Hi, I’m new at this whole fanfic thing, so bear with me. (I already accidentally deleted the whole thing once, so my confidence is a little shaken. -_-)
Okies den, let’s get on with it! (...again...)
-----------------------------------------------------
Tohru looked up at the college gate. The imposing carved lions did nothing to boost her confidence. She sighed. Oh Mom, she thought, as she often did, I did it! I graduated high school. But... am I really ready for college? She stood, deep in thought. She decided that if she wasn’t, there was no reason she would be where she was today, unless by accident, so she frowned determinedly and marched through the gates.
A guide at the information center gave her a map, and she set off for her dormitory.
As she walked, she reflected upon her life so far. Her father had died when she was three, so it didn’t really affect her, but... her mother had died in a car accident one day in May nearly thirteen years later, and it had hit her hard. Nevertheless, she had moved on, and began living with her grandfather. Well, except for the few weeks in September when she lived in a tent. Long story. She narrowly missed a collosal landslide when she fell asleep at a stream. A little while -and a good shovel- later, she was back with her grandpa, and although she wasn’t necessarily happy there, her insanely high amounts of optimism pushed her through. Now here she was in college. Tohru was so deep in thought that she didn’t think to look where she was going. She tripped on a rock in the path and fell flat on her face, suitcases, bookbag, and map scattering in all directions.
“Oh--oh no!!” She scrambled about, gathering her things, resolutely ignoring the throbbing pain in her forehead. There were other other things to worry about.
When Tohru finally stopped grabbing bags and sat back, wincing, to look around, she had no idea where she was.
Frantically, she searched her map, but it was no use. She couldn’t get her bearings.
Tohru sighed and slumped down, waiting for someone to come and help. It was doubtful. There was no Uo- or Hana-chan around now. She began to cry.
“Hey.” Tohru looked up at the voice, startled, and tried -in vain- to wipe away her tears.
“Ah--I’m s-sorry, I left my bags in the path--”
“Pff. You’re worrying too much. I just said ‘hey’.”
“B-but...!”
“Ahh, shut up. You must be lost or something.”
“N-no...”
Dangit, just admit it!!” (A/N: I don’t like to swear...)
“Y-yes...”
“Gah! Girls!! Even Kagura’s easier to handle!”
Tohru blinked through her tears, trying to see the tall figure standing over her.
“Anyway,” the boy said, “You lookin’ for your dorm?”
“Mm-hm. B-but where am I?”
“Sheesh. You’re right in the middle of the quad,*” he gestured around them. “The dorms’re over that way,”-he pointed-“the museum’s there, and classrooms are to your right. Can’t you get that from the freakin’ map?”
“Um...”
“Whatever,” and he left.
Tohru sat, dazed. Who was it that had helped her, albeit unwillingly? What did his vague, tear-blurred shape remind her of?? Once again, Tohru sighed. Perhaps the stress was getting to her. She picked herself (and her baggage) up and set off in the direction of the dorms.
--------------------------
Yay chapter one’s done! (hey that rhymes!) w00t!! Well, ok, it was done a while ago. I started this thing last year, and there it was in my notebook (along with the next 1 1/4 chapt.’s), just begging to be typed. Then, as I said before, I accidentally deleted it all!! >_<* Hey, this is based on a dream I had once, ya know. I don’t have nearly enough Furuba dreams, ya know that? Last I counted, I was up to five, ‘cept I only remember two, ‘cuz I wrote ‘em down. Oh, and Momiji popped up in a dream a little while ago. I didn’t get to chat, he was sort of a non-sequitur dream-wise, and vanished pretty quickly. Too bad.....
*Just in case you don’t know what a quad is, it’s a long story. Um, see, my whole idea of what colleges should look like comes from this one college, where my parents went. The campus includes a large central park called the quad, and if you start out there, you can get to nearly everywhere else on campus, the museums (art and natural history), a big ol’ church, the cafeteria, bookstore, yadda yadda. So now you know. ^_^
Read up, sorry if the first few chappies seem short, they were two and a quarter pages in my notebook (bad handwriting -_-;;) Bai bai!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NaomiSohma on August 25, 2006, 11:50:42 PM

NaomiSohma on
NaomiSohmaFirst chapter was pretty good. Omg, I can't believe (well...actually I can..) Tohru got lost in the QUAD! Lol. ^-^;

kyonkichi on May 29, 2006, 3:52:56 AM

kyonkichi on
kyonkichihey! is this the fic you told me about? the "what would happen if tohru never met the sohmas?" one? yay =D