Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Explanation

After a string of coincidences, Tohru Honda finds herself at college, never having met the Sohmas. Who will she meet there? hmmm... *evil grin*

Chapter 4 - Explanation

Chapter 4 - Explanation
Hi!
-----------------------
It was a few hours later. Tohru was holed up in a secluded corner by the drink machines, the cat sitting before her. She had learned a lot in the past hour or so. For example, the cat’s -wait, no- boy’s name was Kyo Sohma, and his family had a curse in which thirteen-odd members turned into the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. There was also the cat, him. Tohru had perked up when he mentioned the part about the banquet. “Oh! I always loved that story! I felt so sorry for the cat, I even wanted to be born under the year of the cat!” Wherupon Kyo-kun (he had refused to be called -san) blushed brilliantly and muttered something about other complications. He talked about how now the whole family hated him for a curse he couldn’t control, and it almost got him locked up.
“You mean like in jail? Did you do something?”
“No! No, not jail. It’s worse...” He changed the subject to how he had run away from the family, and started going to college here. He was normally hostile with people, and it had gotten worse during the last few years of high school, but he’d found that living away from it all had really helped. After completing his speech, a now slightly embarrassed Kyo looked up at the girl he had just met. Oh, no, she was staring at him like he was a freak, this was bad. Would she tell? Aw, crud, that’s even worse, he couldn’t just skip back to Hatori at the main house after running away and all and ask him to make it all better. Kyo’s eyes where nearly swirling with all these terrifying thoughts.
Tohru just continued staring. She wasn’t staring at him, but had rather lapsed into space-cadet mode. Wow, a family curse, she thought. This is a serious matter. Can I be trusted with such a responsibility as to keep this all a secret? Does he think so? Oh, no, maybe he thinks I’m so untrustworthy he’ll never let me live it down... Hey, wait... Tohru stopped dazing and snapped to. “Hey, if... if you change into a cat whenever a girl hugs you-”
“And when I’m under stress,”
“Yeah, well, do you change back?
Kyo started to say, “Yeah, we--” but was cut off by quite an untimely *poof*. It took Tohru a split second to comprehend what had happened before letting out a screech that shook the building and covering her eyes. There before her sat Kyo-kun, human again and quite obviously so. (A/N: wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more! XD)
“Oh, yeah, uh, forgot to tell ya, I’m naked when I transform back.”
“OH REALLY?” Tohru squealed shrilly from behind her hands. “FASCINATING!”
---------------------------------
Hee-hee. It may be a bit short, but that’s a nice chapter break, doncha think?
Please comment!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NaomiSohma on August 26, 2006, 12:07:14 AM

NaomiSohma on
NaomiSohmaHehe cute and funny again! Lol. ^-^

egotistic_riceplant on July 6, 2006, 5:08:42 AM

egotistic_riceplant on
egotistic_riceplanttohru being sarcastic........I didn't think it was possibile, coolstory so far

kyonkichi on May 30, 2006, 11:12:48 AM

kyonkichi on
kyonkichilol! "OH REALLY? FASCINATING!"