Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Anti-social

After a string of coincidences, Tohru Honda finds herself at college, never having met the Sohmas. Who will she meet there? hmmm... *evil grin*

Chapter 5 - Anti-social

Chapter 5 - Anti-social
Yo. ^_^ comments welcome.
-------------------------
Tohru was still blushing furiously. She was out in the hallway retreiving the laundry and Kyo’s clothes. He was presently the new occupier of the cranny next to the drink machine, trying very hard to look as small as possible. Perhaps the stress would make him transform again, he hoped, but he doubted it. Usually when he hoped something, it didn’t come true, like beating that kuso nezumi, his mom coming back, or... meeting that girl again... come to think of it... He was jerked back into reality by his clothes and a blanket tossed over him.
“H-here!! There’s y-your clothes,” Tohru stammered, “And, um, you can change under the blanket!” Even so, she stood as far away from him as possible.
Keh, Kyo thought, funny how she’s more disturbed by me as a human than a cat... speaking of disturbing... oh, NO, where’s my beads??
Tohru looked up a little at some muffled cursing from under the blanket. “Hey, hey you,” Kyo said.
“Uh, Tohru?”
“Yeah, you. You didn’t happen to see a red-and-yellow bracelet, huh? ‘Cuz, I, uh, really need it. Quick.”
“Oh, uh, all right, I’ll go look back in the hallway,” Tohru said, puzzled. She left. Kyo sighed. He might as well dress, he reasoned, so he started in.
Meanwhile, Tohru was searching every inch of the hallway. She really had no idea why a boy would need a bracelet, but there were a lot of confusing things happening today, so she decided to just not ask questions. Her frantically searching eyes spotted a hint of red-and-yellow poking out from under a piece of clothing she had missed. “Aha!” she said triumphantly, “Found it!” She grabbed the bracelet, but nearly dropped it again. There was something... odd about these beads. They were made of such a strange material, one that she almost didn’t want to ask about. Was this how Hana-chan felt when she probed an especially difficult mind? “Hmmm...” Tohru said aloud, gazing at the beads. Suddenly she snapped to. Ah! Kyo-kun said he needed these, she thought. I’ve got to get back to him! She picked herself up and padded back to the drink machines.
Sitting back in the drink machine area, Kyo was starting to feel a little nauseous. He knew this feeling, that was coming on. It usually went faster, like in the instant when someone took the beads off, before it happened. But when it was just after transforming back from a cat, the curse seemed to take pity. It gave him time to run, get dressed, and possibly put the beads back on before kicking back in. He was grateful for that, but couldn’t help thinking that if the curse wasn’t there at all, he wouldn’t have to go through the trouble.
“...-kun? Kyo-kun?” He started. The girl was standing over him, a concerned look on her face. He looks a little sick, she thought worriedly. “Here, I found your bracelet,” she reached out and put it in his waiting hand. He snatched it fast and put it on. The symptoms abated immediately, and he sighed.
Arigatou,” he said gratefully.
“Oh, no, I didn’t do anything, I just found a bracelet, is all. But... may I ask... That is... um, what is it for?” She instantly knew she had said something wrong. The boys eyes widened, but he hid them under his hair. He stood stiffly, and Tohru backed away. “I... I’m sorry, I-”
“No.” She was cut off by him. “Good bye.” And with that, he ran away. Tohru was left behind, feeling somewhat scared, and more puzzled than ever.
--------------------------------------
How’dya like it? Silly Kyo-kun, so anti-social!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NaomiSohma on August 26, 2006, 12:14:38 AM

NaomiSohma on
NaomiSohmaAww...poor Kyo-kun. He HAS to have the worst curse of them all....., though I feel sorry for the others, too. T.T