Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Enter the fish and flower

After a string of coincidences, Tohru Honda finds herself at college, never having met the Sohmas. Who will she meet there? hmmm... *evil grin*

Chapter 7 - Enter the fish and flower

Chapter 7 - Enter the fish and flower
Read on, commentors, (I hope) read on...
---------------------
Tohru had finished her story an hour and a half later. (It’s hard to talk when your mouth is full of ice cream!) Don’t worry, she had left out the part about the curse, though the story seemed rather uninteresting without it. Still, there was good reason for the tissues and ice cream. She began to cry when she spoke of how he had been so angry, even though she had tried to help him. She felt like she was useless. Kemuri shook her head violently.
“Nuh-uh, Toh-toh. If you didn’t do our laundry and stuff, this place’d be drowning in clothes!!” She paused, realizing that that was probably not the most important thing. Namae seized the moment.
“Why, Tohru-san, if you weren’t here, I wouldn’t be able to practice my teaching on you. I’d have to settle for Kemuri-san, and you know how she is.” Tohru giggled a little. Kemuri frowned.
“What’s that supposed to--” she started, but was cut off by a loud thumping at the door. “Who’s that?” she asked, getting up and walking to the door. She turned the handle slowly and was bowled over as it slammed open, revealing Uo-chan in full Red Butterfly attire, followed closely by Hana-chan in one of her signature black, lacy dresses. “This better be the right place,” Uo whispered angrily over her shoulder. “I really don’t wanna have to apologize to a bunch of kogals again-”
“UO-CHAN!! HANA-CHAN!!” Tohru had jumped up and was now hugging them as hard as possible, which, in retrospect, wasn’t much, considering Tohru’s strength (or lack thereof).
“T-tohru... uh...”
“Oh!” Tohru let go and presented her roommates. “This is Kemuri Tsuki-san,”
“Yo!” Kemuri said from the floor.
“...and over there on the sofa is Namae Rekishi-san.”
“Hello,” Namae said shyly, getting up and coming over.
“Guys, these are my friends! Uo-chan and Hana-chan. The ones I told you about!”
“Ohh! The fish and the flower!!” Kemuri jumped up and shook their hands rigorously, well, at least Uo’s, Hana seemed to still be scrutinizing her. “Glad ta meetcha, a friend of Toh-toh’s izza friend of mine!” Uo looked a little scared by Kemuri’s hyperness, but she replied with a “Yeah, hi...” before turning her attention back to Tohru.
“Tohru! Hana here got wind you weren’t feeling too happy, so we decided to come quick! What happened?!”
“How did your friend know, Tohru-san...?” Namae asked quietly, staring a little at Saki, who had still not said anything.
“Oh, uh--”
“I sense dempa waves. I am especially in tune with those I am close to, but it is quite easy for me to read others. Or hurt them. It has happened...” she trailed off, not looking at anything in particular.
“O-oh, th-that’s-”
“Naaah, don’t be scared, uh, Rekishi-san, right? Yeah, right now she’s more after whoever made our poor little Tohru cry,” Uo explained, hugging Tohru and ruffling her hair. “Unless you did it, and if so I’d be running away ‘bout now.”
“Oh, oh no, nothing like that!!” Namae said quickly, waving her hands and backing away. “T-tohru-san was just telling us what went wrong, weren’t you, Tohru-san?”
“Oh! Oh yes! Do you want to hear the story, Uo-chan? Hana-chan?”
“Yes,” Hana-chan replied in her flat tone of voice which always meant trouble. “Very much so.”
-----------------------
Yay! Uo an’ Hana haven’t changed a whit, ne?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NaomiSohma on August 26, 2006, 12:25:23 AM

NaomiSohma on
NaomiSohmaOh gosh! This spells trouble for Kyo-kun...he never really got along with Uo-san...