Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Confrontation

After a string of coincidences, Tohru Honda finds herself at college, never having met the Sohmas. Who will she meet there? hmmm... *evil grin*

Chapter 9 - Confrontation

Chapter 9 - Confrontation
Yay, more readers pwn! No really, thanks for reading so far. ^_^
---------------------------
Kyo stood before Tohru, dumbfounded. It was her! That girl! He stared, not quite sure what to do. There were two other girls with her, one fully decked out as a Yankee-Wow, she’s out of touch, he thought- and the other in a dress that looked like it was made from black spiderwebs. His roomate came around the corner, still yelling.
“Sohma, get back--” he stopped at the odd scene in front of him. Three girls were staring at Kyo, one like she wanted to hit him, another with a shocked expression and a deep blush, and the last with a far-off, slightly sinister gaze. “Uhh, Sohma, got somethin’ to tell me?” Kyo rounded on him, face and eyes flaming red.
“WHAAAT?! What’s that supposed to mean?!” his friend laughed.
“Pff, it’s okay, it’s okay! I’ll leave you guys alone to settle your differences,” he teased.
“SHUT UP!” Kyo yelled, but his roommate just chuckled and walked away.
“kuso li’l--” Kyo cursed under his breath, but Tohru intergected.
“Kyo-kun! It’s... so nice to see you!” She said, blushing more and clasping her hands together. Uo started.
“Eh? So this little sucker’s that Kyo guy of yours?” she asked, pointing rather rudely.
“Yeah, I’m Kyo Sohma, an’ who’re you-DAH!” Uo-chan had punched him quick in the gut, and Hana had simultaneously zapped him. He fell over, stomach aching and head throbbing.
“Serves you right for making our Tohru cry, you little b-”
“Uo-chan!”
“No, Tohru-kun, he quite deserved that for hurting you-”
“Hana-chan!”
“What the heck is goin’ on here?!”
The last comment was from Kyo, who got up, wincing, to stare at the three girls. Uo glared at him, as if to say, are you stupid? “Duh, we’re mad as heck at you for making Tohru sad.”
“I- I did?” He asked idiotically. Tohru looked askance, a sad, slightly embarrased look on her face. “I-I-” he stumbled. Uo sighed.
“Hopeless, eh, Hanajima?”
“Quite,” Saki replied, staring with an almost (key word there) amused look in her eyes. “I think our work may be done. Let’s go back to her dormitory, we should talk to her friends.” she swung around. “Come back when you’re finished, Tohru-kun,” she said over her shoulder, gliding off with Arisa. “Liar,” Uo said as they disappeared, “You just want some of their ice cream.”
“I do hope Tsuki-san has black cherry.”
Tohru and Kyo were left alone in the hallway. Both were resolutely not meeting each other’s eyes, Tohru blushing and looking worried and Kyo angrily trying to keep his temper down. Tohru was first to speak.
“Ah... hello, Kyo-kun... How are you?”
“Fine...”
“Ah, um, what have you been... doing... lately....” She found it hard to think of something to say.
“It seems like I’ve been making you cry.” Tohru looked up in shock. Was he apologizing?
“I’m sorry...?”
“Aw, crud, this is awful. I ran away from someone I’d trusted the whole effin’ family secret with. What coulda stopped you from blabbing it to everyone?”
“Well, I didn’t...”
“Really? Well then, that’s good. I... didn’t mean to hurt you.” He was blushing brilliantly now. “I’m not even sure why I ran...”
“It was because of your beads,” the everhelpful Tohru piped up. “I asked you, and you got very angry and-” Kyo looked like he was about to run again. He began to turn, but Tohru grabbed his arm and pulled. “No, wait--” she got too close. A *poof* sounded, and Kyo was a cat once more. He glared.
“Ah!! I’m so sorry!” She scampered around, picking up clothes. She folded them quick and set them near him. Neko-Kyo was still sitting in one place, fuming at everything in particular. He suddenly realized that Tohru wasn’t squealing anymore, and looked up. She was looking away, and seemed to be talking to thin air.
“I lost my mom about four years ago. She was the one person that made me feel like I was doing things right.” Kyo frowned uncertainly. Why was she telling him this? She continued, “Now that she’s gone, I tend to get sad easier. I’m so sorry I made you mad, it’s all my fault I got like this.” she looked away sadly.
“Um, it’s not your fault, you know,” Tohru started. Kyo was blushing almost feverishly. He reached up to her with a paw and wiped away a tear that she hadn’t realized had formed. “Really, the one who should be blamed is me. I’m always blamed, so I’m sorta used to it.” Tohru’s eyes widened.
“Oh, no no no!” Tohru waved her hands, “It’s completely me! How could I blame anybody??” Kyo was astounded. This was the most selfless person he’d ever met! Before he could do anything else, it happened.
Poof.
---------------------------------------
heh. sorry for the cliffie. XD

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NaomiSohma on August 26, 2006, 12:39:45 AM

NaomiSohma on
NaomiSohmaAww..touching moments. So cute! ^-^