Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Laugh

After a string of coincidences, Tohru Honda finds herself at college, never having met the Sohmas. Who will she meet there? hmmm... *evil grin*

Chapter 10 - Laugh

Chapter 10 - Laugh
Hiyas, sorry for the wait. I was... busy... ok I was in a bit of writer''s block, I''m makin' this stuff up as I go. (A cliffhanger usually means I'm stuck for ideas.) Oh! And just a little note that I can't figure out how to edit into the last chapter: the last scene in chapt 9 may have seemed like Kyo transformed back in her lap, but in my mind he had moved back a bit. I'm so stupid for not realizing that... ANYWAY, here ya go, chappie numbah ten, made up as I go. I'm also trying out a new format, 'cuz the other chapters looked a little crowded. Banzai!
---------------------------------
Tohru blinked. She realized that she was not looking at neko-Kyo's face anymore, but something around the vicinity of his ankles. Willing herself not to look up, blushing at the idea of what she would find, she slowly closed her eyes and shuffled aways a bit.

"I-I'll just let... let you change, and... uh-"
"No worries. I'm done." Tohru opened her eyes a crack. So he had! He must have lots of practice, she thought, giggling a little.

"What're you laughing at?? My cat form isn't funny-looking, is it?"

Somehow that statement made it all funnier. "N-nothing, I-ah ha ha ha!" Tohru could not stop laughing! For some reason, even though they had just had a serious and slightly sad conversation, she now felt lighter than air. Kyo blinked down at her, completely confused, as she fell back a bit laughing, tears coursing down her face. When she stopped making sound and was just shaking silently, her mouth wide open and her eyes shut tight, he started getting worried.

"Ah- hey, come on, what's the matter? What the heck, stop it! You're starting to scare me!" She mouthed wordlessly, waving a hand. He had to admit, that looked pretty ridiculous. Kyo smiled, then, he-yes, the rough Kyon we know and love (unless you don't ;P)-started to laugh. Small at first, then heartily, enough to have him falling down sitting as well. They sat there in the middle of the hallway, laughing out loud, most likely the most ridiculous sight in the world. Tohru calmed down first, taking deep breaths, while Kyo struggled to stop. He has a nice laugh, she thought to herself, he should use it more often. She blushed a bit.

Kyo finally stopped. He flung on his back gasping, and looked over at Tohru. Their eyes met and they quickly looked away, both the same shade of red. "Ah..." Tohru started, but was cut off by Kyo, who sat up against the wall. "So... what was that all about?" Tohru giggled a little. "I'm not so sure, to tell you the truth! Though they say, a good laugh is great exercise."

"Really? Who's 'they'? Usually exercise for me is running in the morning and practicing martial arts."
"Really?" Tohru got up and sat next to him.

"Yeah, that's what my roommate was mad about. I accidentally knocked over a lamp he'd brought from home, and he was mad that he'd have to actually buy one." Kyo sighed. "Idiot."
"Oh, ha ha! So that's what it was." Tohru smiled, then looked up with a slightly puzzled look. "But I wonder what he meant by 'I see how it is' or whatever he said." Kyo blushed. "Uh," he started, but:

"YO, TOHRU!"
"Ah! Uo-chan! I'm such a horrible hostess, I forgot-"
"Naaaah, s'okay, we're gonna stay over in your room tonight!"
"Really?! Oh, that's lovely, you asked Kemuri-chan and Namae-chan?"

"Yes." Saki glided out from behind Arisa, eyes glinting. "They were... persuaded."
"Eh?" Tohru looked worried.
"Don't worry, Tohru, Moony's just miffed that Saki here could eat more than her. She wants a rematch."
"Moony... Ah! Kemuri-chan! Ha ha ha!" They began to walk back, but Tohru stopped. "Oh! See you soon, Kyo-kun!" She gave a little wave and a smile and kept walking.
"Oh! Goodbye..."

"...Tohru."
----------------------------
Aaaahhh, the fluffiness. Ack this chappie was a bit OOC, ne? I dunno. I've had moments when I can't stop laughing at stupid stuff. Heehee. Is that a better way to organize the chapters, those big spaces? Without indents, it seemed hard to read, at least for me. Whatev, do you like this chapter? Don't worry, I'll have real plot soon! P.S., does everyone get why Uo calls her "Moony"? 'Cuz Kemuri's last name is "Tsuki," which means "moon." Yeah, just a little fun on my part. XP

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NaomiSohma on August 26, 2006, 12:45:49 AM

NaomiSohma on
NaomiSohmaYeah, a bit OOC, but there are some where Kyo-kun isn't in character AT ALL. Another nice job! Write (well..type) more soon please!

kiddy_neko on August 19, 2006, 3:38:51 AM

kiddy_neko on
kiddy_nekoawwww man there no more? when u gonna kep going i love the stroy so far im soooo hooked! lol plz keep going with it ^_^

Kaede-chan on July 7, 2006, 1:00:35 PM

Kaede-chan on
Kaede-chanI tried to edit the "no spaces" thing, but it didn't work... {:( It is without "enters" for all of you guys, too, right?

kyonkichi on July 2, 2006, 10:04:15 AM

kyonkichi on
kyonkichilol. funny..I was just looking around at all the fanfics I read and was sad that non had updated..checked me email...and POOF a new chapter of this here XDD haha this made me giggle. it was somewhat OOC but I've seen MUCH much worse =P heheh.

Kaede-chan on July 2, 2006, 9:50:09 AM

Kaede-chan on
Kaede-chanWhat the heck, there where no enter's? Dang...