Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Dreamin'

After a string of coincidences, Tohru Honda finds herself at college, never having met the Sohmas. Who will she meet there? hmmm... *evil grin*

Chapter 11 - Dreamin'

Chapter 11 - Dreamin'
Yo! Sigh... I've been such a lazy bum lately, I've got requests... I wrote this chapter a month ago, so I decided I should type it up! Please regard me kindly!! *bows*
----------------------------------
It had been a a week or so since the laugh-fest in the (mercifully empty) hallway. Uo- and Hana-chan had gone back to their respective homes, and dorm life had more or less quieted down. Classes were as hard as ever, and there was less time to see friends unless they happened to sit next to you in the lecture hall. Kyo and Tohru sometimes saw each other in the halls, but all that passed between them was a wave or (in Kyo's case) a grunt. Things were pretty normal. Then, Tohru had the dream.
*******

She was walking along a deserted street. She felt she was looking for something, perhaps a certain place. Everything seemed much too big, but then Tohru realized it was because she was much too small. She was six years old again, back wearing an old red dress and a slightly too big shirt her mother had gotten at some yard sale.

Her mother! If she was six again, her mom would be alive! "Mom! I'm coming!" Tohru yelled out, and began running down the street. Suddenly she stopped. Her house was nowhere to be found. She saw a boy in a red cap up ahead. She called, "Do you know where my mommy is?" But he said nothing in reply. He made a small hissing sound in the back of his throat and ran away, leaving his hat behind.

Tohru walked up to the hat, an eighteen-year-old once more. "Now I really am all alone..." she whispered, and woke up.
*******

Tohru sat up quickly. That was an odd dream, she thought to herself. What... what was it again...? She sighed. Her memory had never been all that good, and dreams are particularly hard. A *click* sounded and her alarm clock went off. She had woken up before it again.Fumbling for it on her shelf, her hand bumped something onto the floor. Her eyes widened when she saw what it was.

An old red cap.
---------------------------------
Woo! Typed it uuup!! Rawk! Ha, anyway... I bet the good Furuba fan will recognize that dream sequence... Though, as a little teaser, I thought this plot point up aaaages ago, before having read the whole "Oooh, Yuki's the hat-boy!" chapter, so I warn you, I'm gonna deviate a little from canon. XP
That bit about waking up before the alarm is taken from my own experience, actually. A little while ago, I got a new alarm clock, you know, the kind ya gotta wind? It made this really loud *riiiiing!!!* sound, which gave me a giant jolt of adrenaline (Oh, a foul substance, that is...), so I unconciously taught myself to wake up before it so as I could turn it off. x( yech. I got a better one later, with a Melody option that somehow doesn't scare me, so it's all good! And my former alarm clock is now holed up in it's own little emo-corner sulking.

O~o Did you actually read that? I really don't know why I just told the history of my alarm clock, but oh well. I'll have the other chappie up soon, I promise! ^o^

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FanGirl9204 on March 7, 2007, 9:36:05 AM

FanGirl9204 on
FanGirl9204AHHHHH man i read ur whole story all the chapters it was awesome seriously it was so KAWAII

kiddy_neko on September 3, 2006, 1:37:24 AM

kiddy_neko on
kiddy_nekothat was a kool chapter ^^ me likley alot keep going keep going keep going!!! lol ^-^

Kaede-chan on September 1, 2006, 2:19:48 PM

Kaede-chan on
Kaede-chansigh... it's a short one, but oh well. It was a good chapter break.