Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - winged horses

story about elves and stuff like that...

Chapter 1 - winged horses

Chapter 1 - winged horses
p{ margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 1px}body{ font-family: "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal}
            I sat upon my horse, thinking thoughts too complicated to reveal. The wind tugged at myhair like a living thing. Halting and dismounting, I pulled out of the saddle bags a notebook andpen. Finishing what I was writing, I read it aloud.

            “‘Wreaks havoc,

            Fills sails,

            Gently kisses a cheek.

            Pulls hair,

            Breaks branches,

            Dries tears.

            Lives.’ What do you think?” A deep voice made me turn around to look at the path I hadcome from.

            “I think you’re crazy if you honestly believe that your horse understood a word of that.”A man with coppery buzz cut hair sat astride a black mare, quite the opposite of my albinogelding. I stuffed pen and pad back into the brown leather bags.

            “I wasn’t asking your opinion Dimwit.” I replied coldly. Mark Henson annoyed the hellout of me. His blue eyes always seemed to laugh at a secret he hid from me. “Did you get ahaircut?”

            He ran a hand through it, smiling shyly. Odd, I didn’t think he could be shy. “Yeah. Doyou like it? Or does it look like hell?” He was really giving me an opportunity to make a snidecomment.

            “No. It looks great. But you still look devilish. See ya.” My horse charged off, givingMark a taste of dust. Hearing hooves and his voice, I turned down a familiar yet ill- used trailthat was covered with grass. I slowed to a walk. Ah, the joys of knowing every inch of thisforest. Hoof beats on grass came from behind. There stood Mark on his mare, panting heavily.

            “God----it Seal. How did you find this trail? Lucky for me the grass was trampled. Whatwas that?” A long shrill whistle had pierced the calm air. It came from the woods on my left.Smiling, I whistled back. From the shadows of the trees, a handsome man emerged., Idismounted and embraced him.

            “Good to see you again Sean.” Sean looked behind me and saw Mark.

            “Who is he? Is he bothering you? I can kill him if you want.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kitsumi on November 10, 2004, 9:19:38 AM

Kitsumi on
KitsumiKonbanwa Kaoko! I love your story! I gotta go, dad really pissed at me for blowing up the microwave again! Sayonara!!