Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor pt.4

what happens to hogworts when an heir of Gryffindor finally arrives back to school?

Chapter 4 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor pt.4

Chapter 4 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor pt.4
Return of the Heir of Gryffindor (The Sorcerers' Stone) pt.4

[Recap]

Mary: "hey Kuro. Look at this."
She handed the Daily Profit to me and I read the front page story.

Me: "'believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches, Gringotts goblins acknowledge the breach but insists nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had been emptied earlier the same day.' That's weird. This was around the same time I arrived in London to get to school."
Harry glanced over at the Profit and was surprised.

Harry: "that's odd. That was the vault Hagrid and I went to."

Me: "then he might have a reason as to why this happened. Let's go talk to him on Saturday."

Harry: "we were going to anyways. Hagrid invited us all over for tea. It slipped my mind until now."

[Story Start]

The week slowly passed by without much of a hitch. Mary and I took our time while we could to walk around and memorize where all our classes were as well as finish our homework...ok mostly me with the homework. Mary was usually too busy in a battle with Ron in a Wizards' Chess battle. It was interesting to watch as I had never seen a game of chess where the figures moved upon command and, so as to claim the spot of an opposite piece, literally smash the enemy into pieces. Every now and then I was asked to play but I declined. I had too much on my mind like classes, homework, Gringotts and not to mention having Snape after our school house-mates for pretty much no reason. In the few classes we had with him we already lost around 10 points for small incidents, whether they be questions we got wrong to the slytherins making it seem like one of us caused a mess or messed up a potion...mostly Malfoy at Harry.
Wednesday afternoon was an interesting day for us though. It was flying class where we were to learn how to fly on a broom. I always fantisized about flying but always thought you needed wings in order to do so...I was so wrong. We al entered the class and waited 5 minutes until the bell rang and in entered the teacher. She was a small woman with boy-cut hairstyle spiked up. Her eyes were aubern and owl-like and, in my opinion, pretty wicked. She wore the usual school attire along with a long cloak and gloves. She stood with a broom on each side of her and looked at our 2 groups, on her right being us Gryffindor's and her left of course the Slytherins.

Teacher: "Good afternoon, class."


Everyone: "Good afternoon Madame Hooch."
She greeted some people she knew personally then spoke to us all, surprisingly, not in a speech style like we were all used to by this time.

Hooch: "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up."
Everyone took a step up to a broom, all of which looked identical. Mary bent over to me and whispered in my ear in a relief type of tone.

Mary: *whispers* "About time a teacher just got us into it already."

Me: *whispers* "I know. I was getting tired of the speeches."

Hooch: "Now, stick your right hand over the broom and say up."
I was so nervous. I have never used, let alone seen, a flying broom before. Such things were such a mystery to me. I didn't know what would happen but after watching others, many of whom were yelling at this time, i couldn't help but think "why not just pick them up?" I looked over at Mary, who scoffed at the others and outstretched her own hand and stated calmly "up" and I watched in amazement as the broom lifted up off the ground straight into her hand.

Me: *in aww* "Wicked..."
She smirked as I watched the same thing happen for both Malfoy and Harry as well while both Ron and Hermione had some trouble. I had to hold in a giggle as the one for Ron suddenly flew up and hit him in the nose.

Mary: "Smooth man. Nice and smooth."

Ron: "Shut up..."

By now brooms were slowly rising up for other students as I watched in amazement.

Mary: "Hey Kuro. What are you waiting for next year?"
She giggled as I snapped myself out of my stupor.

Me: "Uh...sorry...right yes um..."
I slowly placed my hand over the broom. I was a bit nervous.

me: "up."
To my surprise, the broom then shot up into my hand from the ground. Soon everyone had theirs off the ground and into their hands, though Mary had to be calmed down because she was laughing at Hermione so much.

Hooch: "Now once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. Grip it tight. You don't wanna be sliding off the end."
Slowly we all got onto our brooms and held onto the front. It felt weird to have it positioned as such. Once on Madam Hooch explained to us what we were to do.

Hooch: "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle. Three, two..."
uddenly without warning Neville's broom started lifting into the air with him on it. He sounded nervous as he glanced all around trying to figure out how to get down. Madam Hooch tried to help him figure out how to get down but it didn't do any good. Soon he had lost all control of the broom and it flew all over the place, as well as nearly into us. After the broom ran into a building a few times did he fall off only to be caught by an empty touch then finally falling to the ground as he slipped out of his jacket, my guess out of shock. We all gathered around him to she if he was fne only for Madam Hooch to split the huge group apart to get to him. Once she reacher him she checked him over. When she got to his wrist Neville let out an "Ouch!" It was a sprain. With hep from Madam Hooch, Neville stood up and she carted him off towards the hospital wing...but not without some parting words.

Hooch: "Everyone is to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say "Quidditch"."
Once she was out of sight many were wondering about how Neville will feel and if the sprained wrist was all that he had when we heard from behind us the snooty voice of Malfoy, whom had something clutched in his fingers. Upon closer look i noticed it was Neville's Remembrall which his Grandma sent him. He never went anywhere without it and it was quite fragile.

Malfoy: "Did you see his face? If the fat lump had given this a squeeze he would remember to fall on his fat arse."
Many of the Slytherins laughed at the comment while it got the blood of me, Mary and Harry boiling. Harry walked forward towards Malfoy.

Harry: "Give it here Malfoy."
Malfoy just glared at him as me and Mary walked up behind Harry so as to help.

Malfoy: "No...I think i'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find..."
He then got on his broom and floated above us, his hand clutching the Remembrall tightly and outstretched for us all to see it.

Malfoy: *yells* "How about on the roof?!"
Slytherins again started to laugh as this happened.

Mary: "Dont' MAKE us come up there after you malfoy or you'll be sorry!"

Malfoy: "Oh I'm just shaken in my boots. Longbottoms' little girlfriend is threatening me. *laughs loudly*"

Mary: "That's IT!!!"
Suddenly she took off on her broom up into the air after Malfoy.

Me: "Harry if something isn't done soon this isn't going to be pretty...I'm worried the Remembrall is going to be smashed if Malfoy ticks Mary off too much."

Harry: "You're right. We have to help. At least we'll be there to catch it if it falls."
We both then worked on getting onto our brooms.

Hermione: *yells* "No way! You heard what Madame Hooch said. Besides you 2 don't even know how to fly!"

Me: "We have to help somehow!"
We were then off after Mary and Malfoy.

Hermione: "what a pair of idiots..."
Me and Harry were soon flanking Mary, me on her right and Harry on her left.

Mary: "No Crab and Goyle to help you up here Malfoy."

Harry: "I'll say it once more Malfoy...give me the Remembrall."

Me: "Or i won't hesitate to knock you off your very broom."

Malfoy: "Is that so?"
Malfoy smirked and flew off a bit before turning back to use.

Malfoy: "Have it your way, then!"
And with that he chucked the Remembrall towards a building. Without warning Harry chased after the Remembrall while Malfoy tried to run. Both me and Mary sped forward and we each snatched one of his arms and slammed him into a tree.

Mary: "If you ever talk about one of my friends again you won't be so lucky."
I glared at him fiercely as my eyes went to amber yellow with slits once again.

Me: "that goes double for me. Mess with anyone of our friends we'll personally make your...life...hell."
He whimpered slightly and we left go, my eyes back to normal once more as he sped off quickly towards the ground. We looked back to see that Harry did indeed catch the remembrall before it fell to the relief of both me and Mary. We high-fived then slowly flew back down to the ground where everyone but Malfoy and his followers surrounded us and praised us on how we handled the situation...that is until Professor McGonagall came over.

McGonagall: "Harry Potter, Mary Potter and Ryuu!"
We looked over and I could have sworn I heard all three of out hearts sink. I just knew we all were going to be going back home with no chance of coming back here ever again. Slowly we walked over to her, sad about what was to come.

McGonagall: "Follow me."
We a nodded slowly and followed her, the only sounds heard were the whispers of the class as we left. We followed her up, down, all around until we reached what I knew wasn't Dumbledore's study. In fact it wasn't a study at all. It was the Defense Against the Dark Arts class taught by a mousey man named Professor Quirrell whom wore a purple robe with a matching turban. He was teaching a class to some student whom were of a higher year than us, how many i couldn't tell a this time. McGonagall turned to us all.

McGonagall: "You three wait here."
She entered the class.

Me: *whispers* "what's going on? aren't we going to be expelled?"

Harry: *whispers* "I don't know but last I checked Dumbledore did the expelling not Professor Quirrel."
McGonagall returned with a boy whom was older than us whom looked as baffled as the rest of us. She intorduced him to us as Oliver Wood, Captain of the Quidditch team. She then turned to him, almost beaming with excitement which confused the three of us even more.

McGonagall: "Wood I have found you a Seeker and two new Chasers."

[Later on]

The whole school was speaking about how we all were on the Quidditch team. Harry and I didn't understand what the big deal was. Yes I heard of Quidditch...I even knew someone that played it...but I didn't know what the big deal about us was. Even Ron was laying it out to us.

Ron: "Seeker and Chasers...first years never make the house teams. Which of you three is the youngest?"

Mary: "That would be me. I was born in August."

Ron: "Wow...You must be the youngest Quidditch player in-"

Me: "a century. McGonagall told us already."
Suddenly Mary and I felt arms around us...from opposite sides of us. We looked and saw the twins had a buddy grip on our shoulders, Fred on mine and George on hers.

Fred: "Well done you three! Wood's just told us!"
We looked at Ron in confusion.

Ron: "Fred and George are on the team too...Beaters."
Again we were confused.

George: "Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloody up too bad. Can't make any promises of course. Rough game Quidditch."

Me: *sarcastic* "oh goodie...*normal* how rough would you say it would be anyways?"

Fred: "Brutal, but no one has ever died yet. Of course there's the occasional disappearance..."
At this Mary and I got out of the twins grasp and Ron, Harry, Mary and I hurried off.

Fred: *faded* "But they always turn up eventually!"
I won't lie...I was scared now. And from of the look of his colour-drained face so was Harry. Ron noticed this and decided to try and raise our spirits.

Ron: "Go on you guys. Quidditch is great. Best game there is, and you'll all be great too!"

Me: "You say that now...but I've only heard about the game. I've never actually played it, much less seen a game."

Harry: "and I have have less experience than that. What if I make a fool of myself?"

Me: "Same here. I mean I'm trying to keep myself on the down-low here, you know so that no one has a reason to make fun of me in any way, shape or form? The slyerins are already doing enough of that as it is but if we bomb we'll have more than just them on our case."

Harry: "Yeah. Malfoy I can Handle. But everyone?"
By now Hermione had somehow shown up our of random next to Mary and spoke.

Hermione: "You won't make a fool of yourself."
Mary jumped like she was just jinxed.

Mary: *mad* "Geez girl give some one warning before you sneak up on them!"
Her comment was left ignored.

Hermione: "It in your blood."

Mary: "You think he doesn't already kow that?"

Harry: "Know what?"
Marry looked like she just heard her absolute favorite food was extinct. She and Hermione grabbed Harry and dragged him over to a trophy case while I strolled behind, curious. There in the case was a trophy with a few names on the plague of it...one of them being James Potter, Harry Potters' Father. Above his name in capital letters was the word "SEEKER." Harry looked shocked at this while I decided to leave them be to glance at the rest of the trophies. One in particular. It had the name Jane Louise Potter was seen on it and looked very special. I tugged on Mary's sleeve and pointed to the trophy.

Me: "Would this happen to be a relative of yours?"
She looked at it then grinned.

Mary: "Yup. That's my aunt there. Received it for completing special services for Hogwarts. Cool isn't it?"

Me: *nods* "Quite wicked indeed."
She then pointed to one that wa earlier than that

Mary: "Harry isn't the only one with Quidditch in their blood either. She was a Chaser on the Slyterin team that same year as well and helped them win the cup."

Me: "Wow...easy to say she led a busy life here on campus."

Mary: "Ain't that the truth...and this is just a tip of the entire pie."
I looked at her confused.

Me: "She has more than just these 2?"

Mary: "Yup. Last I remember was 19."
My jaw nearly reached the ground.

Me: "Forget busy...her life was exhausting."

Mary: "But worth every trophy."
We looked and saw that the others were walking away already and chased after them as it was close to being bedtime. Everyone was talking while I just thought to myself a bit worried. I was mentally kicking myself for not showing up to the Quidditch games I was invited to in the past. If I did I'd probably feel better about playing. But I wasn't like Harry and Mary. I didn't have a relative who was a Quidditch player. Just a friend and he never had the time to show me after...
Suddenly I was jerked out of my thoughts when the stairs jerked themselves as they moved. I held on for dear life as I nearly fell off the staircase backwards as they moved. Everyone was surprised that it was happening as we never took much notice until now as they weren't rearranging into what we were used to when it came to our common room. Once they stopped we hurried up to the solid, non-moving floor so as to not go on the ride again.

Hermione: *hushed but causious* "We're not supposed to be here you guys. This is the third floor. it's forbidden!"

Harry: "Let's go."

Me: "Yes...lets."
Suddenly as we turned we heard a meow. I looked behind me and gasp slightly.

Me: *hushed* "Its Filtch's cat!"

Harry: "Hurry! Run!"

Mary: "Yeah like that will postpone our detention anymore-so!"

Ron: "Less talky, more runny!"
We followed Harry down different corridors until we reached a large wooden door.

Harry: "Quick! In there!"
Ron hurried forward and tried to open the door with no luck...it was locked. He struggled and struggled with it as we heard Filtch coming up the same corridor we took. Finally Hermione had enough.

Hermione: "Oh! Move over!"
She pushed Ron out of the way and took out her wand, placing it into the lock.

Hermione: "Alohomora!"
We all heard a click then gawked as she opened the door and pushed us into the room. Once she entered she then closed and locked it again as we stood there catching our breaths and waiting for Filtch and his cat to leave.

Ron: "Alohomora?"

Hermione: "Standard Book Of Spells- Chapter 7."
Mary rolled her eyes and muttered something that sounded like 'stupid bookworm.' Filtch looked around, not even bothering with the room we were in to my relief.

Hermione: "He thinks this door is locked."

Ron and Mary: *mocking* "He thinks this door is locked."
She turned and glared at them both.

Hermione: "It was locked."

Me: "I wonder why though..."

Harry: "I think I know why..."

Me: "Really? How?"
I looked over at him and saw that he was in total shock at whatever it was he was looking at. Slowly I turned and gasped as the others froze. There in the middle of the room sleeping was a giant dog with three heads...and it was slowly waking up.

Ron: "What IS that thing?!"

Me: "Its a Cerberus and I would suggest we get out as fast as we-"
At this time it had finally woken up and was looking at us...and looked hungry.

Mary: "OUT! NOW!"
Quickly we all bolted out of the room as it attacked us. It took all 5 of us to get the door closed enough so that we could finally lock it then we bolted to the stairs and to our common room as fast as we could. Once there we all stood there to catch our breaths.

Ron: "What do they think they're doing?! Keeping a thing like that locked up in the school!"

Hermione: "You don't use your eyes do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?"

Mary: "Sorry but I think we all were too busy looking up at its huge head which, by the by, IT HAS THREE OF!!!"
I sighed and stood between the two of them. Last thing we needed was a brawl.

Me: "I saw it...a trapdoor. Meaning its guarding something like in the greek myths...though I doubt its gaurding the entrance to the underworld for Hades."

Harry: "Guarding something?"
I nodded.

Me: "It's the only logical explanation. There's no way it would be here for no reason but that."

Hermione: "That's right. Now if you all don't mind I'll be going to bed before you all come up with a way to get us all killed...or worse EXPELLED..."
And with that she slammed the girls dorm door and went up to our room which we share.

Me: "Makes me wish i didn't share a room with her."

Mary: "I could change that you know...maybe I can come up with some clever idea that will get only her killed."
She smirked evilly as her and I both waved night to Harry and Ron and slowly followed Hermione to the room.

Me: "Probably not the best thing...but I do wonder what could be under that trapdoor. And furthermore...whoever brought the Cerberus here in the first place. They're not native to this area so it would have had to be brought here...and someone MUST be feeding it."

Mary: *Yawns* "Lets leave that for another time. I'm bushed. Once we're in our room I'm gonna hit the hay hard."

Me: "Make it double for me if you imagine it's Hermione."
At this we both snickered.

Me: "Either way I need to take care of something before I go on to sleep."
Mary went over to her bed and got ready then went on to sleep. I on the other hand got ready and opened up the letter I had accidentally forgotten about from Kai. It mentioned how he was doing as well as how things are in Russia. He spoke about how leads of You-Know-Who wound up being a dead end and that he'll be heading home soon and asked how I was. I smiled and went over to the table and pulled out 2 pieces of parchment. The first was a letter to my friend in Russia stating I was in the Quidditch team and asking if he could send me some pointers as well as asking how he was. The other was an answer back to my bro. He wasn't a fan of Quidditch and would have had a fit if I mentioned it to him so I left that out of the letter. I looked over at Spook who seemed anxious. I giggled as I walked over to him and he stuck his leg out.

Me: *hushed voice* "This is a double delivery, young one. You think you can handle it?"
He hooted energetically and I smiled.

Me: *hushed* "Good boy. This letter goes to Kai. And this other one goes to Russia...you know exactly who to."
I winked and he hooted happily. I have him 2 treats and opened a window. He took off in a flash and soon was out of sight.

Me: *thinking* "good luck young one...be safe on your journey."
I yawned and closed the window again. I laid down in my bed and went on to sleep...this time i saw a giant chess board...bit and pieces of rock on the floor and some flying threw the air...and a scream.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment