Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor Pt.1

what happens to hogworts when an heir of Gryffindor finally arrives back to school?

Chapter 1 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor Pt.1

Chapter 1 - Return of the Heir of Gryffindor Pt.1
Return of the Heir of Gryffindor (the Sorcerers Stone) Pt.1

Quickly I ran towards the train station, my black hair flowing behind me like a silky black cape. I just couldn't be late! I couldn't believe I slept in today of all days! I finally made it to the train station and looked up at the clock with my black eyes.

Me: "crap! Five minutes until the train leaves!"
I grabbed a cart and placed both my heavy trunk and the cage with my pet owl Spook within its compounds. Spook cooed quietly to me in reassurance as I searched for the platform I had to get to. It was nowhere in sight. I was looking for platform nine and three quarters...but all that was seen was platforms nine and ten, none in between the two.
I started to panic until I caught a glimpse of a bunch of people, one with black hair and the rest with red, run through the pillar between nine and ten. Curiosity getting the better of me I quietly walked over and, seeing that no one was watching, did the same. Once I entered I saw that it was another platform. I looked up at a sign.

Me: "platform nine and three quarters! Yes!"
I walked over to the train, labelled 'Hogwarts Express,' and looked around. Everywhere were parents wishing their kids off to school. I sighed as I went to the nearest entrance, feeling sad at the fact I never knew what it was like to have feelings like that from anyone. Lifting my heavy trunk and Spook I entered the train with some slight difficulty. Once fully in the train doors closed behind me. I had made it just in time.

Me: *sighs* "well...no turning back. Where would I sit?"
I looked around at the closed doors and got a bit nervous. I thought about the fact that they held a bunch of people talking. To find out if I could sit in one of those rooms I had to open the doors, possibly interrupting their conversation, and then work up the courage to ask if I could sit with them. That wasn't me. I sighed as I went to try and find a place to sit...well almost. Before I could take one step someone ran into me causing the two of use to fall backwards from the impact. Groaning in slight pain, I glanced up and the person who ran into me as I rubbed my butt.
It was one of the redhead's from earlier that had run into the pillar. He was pretty thin, though not as thin as me, and his hair was a mess as well as bright. His face was slightly covered in freckles and he looked like he wore hand me down clothes. Grunting slightly, he looked at me nervously as he stood up and held out his hand.



Guy: "sorry 'bout that."
I nervously took his hand and he pulled my light body up.

Me: "no no, that's alright. I should have watched where I was going. Please forgive me."
I then bowed slightly in respect. He chuckled nervously.

Guy: "so it seems you don't have a place to sit either."
I shook my head.

Guy: "well, we're bound to find a room down here. This is the back and not many stay back here."
I nodded and grabbed my trunk and the, now screeching, Spook.

Me: "shh. It's alright Spook. Calm down young one."
Spook quieted down slightly as the guy picked up his trunk, his pocket moving slightly.

Guy: "come on then. *jokingly* we better hurry before we're forced to stand until we get to school."

Me: "is that even possible?"

Guy: "it was a joke."

Me: "right. Sorry. I just don't hang out with other's much."
He looked back at me and smiled.

Guy: "I can tell. Don't worry. The only people I've had to hang out with are my family."
I looked to the ground as we continued to search. Before speaking again we peaked into another room. In here was the black haired boy from earlier along with a girl with waist length black hair.




(only she wore a normal outfit.)

Red hair guy: "excuse us. Do you mind? Everywhere else is full."

Black haired guy: "not at all."

Girl: "yeah, come on in."
They both motioned for us to sit down. Both of us walked in and I closed the door. Ron sat next to the girl while I took a seat next to the boy.

Red: "I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasly."

Black: "I'm Harry, Harry Potter."
Ron looked at him with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. My eyes also grew large at the name.

Ron: "so, it's true. I mean, do you really have the...?"
He then motioned to his forehead.

Harry: "the what?"

Ron: "the scar."

Harry: "oh."
He smiled as he moved his hair from his forehead, revealing a lightning shaped scar.

Ron: "wicked."

Me: "ouch. Looked like it hurt."

Harry: "I guess it did. Don't really remember what happened."

Girl: "you're being quite rude, you know Harry."

Harry: "sorry. This is my friend, Mary Potter...no relation."
The girl nodded in acknowledgment. I looked down at the floor.

Ron: "well, come on then. What's your name?"

Me: "I...I don't have a real name. Everyone...just calls me Ryuu."
Everyone looked at me weirdly.



Mary: "what do you mean by not having a real name?"

Me: "well...my mom, she died right after I was born and my dad was already killed a few hours earlier. I was never given one so I've always used my last name."
Just then a trolley car came up to the door with a bunch of sweets.

Woman: "anything off the trolley, dears?"
Ron grimly showed her a sandwich that didn't look that appetizing.

Ron: "no thanks. I'm all set."

Mary: "I feel a bit peckish. What about you, Ryuu?"
I looked up and shook my head.

Me: "n-no that's alright. I'm-"
But I was given away by my stomach growling. I chuckled embarrassingly and scratched the back of my head. Harry then reached into his pocket and removed some coins.

Harry: "we'll take the lot."
In his hand were many gold galleons and a couple silver shickles. Every young eye looked at the money in shock and soon we were eating so many sweets we thought we would all burst.

Ron: "so you were never given a first name. Why is that?"

Mary: "Ron, don't try prying into other peoples business. If she wanted to tell you she would have already."

Me: "it's alright. The reason is because once I was placed in foster care I was soon sent to Russia to live with some of my mother's friends. They owned a school but there they only called people by their last names. The only person that hasn't ever called me Ryuu is my brother, Kai."

Harry: "If I may ask, what does he call you?"

Me: "Nii-chan."
All of them looked at me weird.

Me: "it's Japanese. That's what I mostly am. Nii-chan means 'little sister.'"
Right then I took a piece of peppermint that was shaped like a frog and bit its head off...only to feel something bouncing in my stomach once I swallowed it.

Me: "what the?!"
Ron and Mary chuckled.

Mary: "that was a peppermint toad you ate just know. It has a spell on it that makes it feel like the one that ate it has something bouncing in their stomach."
I chuckled lightly at the feeling that soon disappeared. We continued to eat the treats until I noticed something in Ron's lap.

Me: "hey Ron, what's that you got there?"
He looked down to where I indicated.

Ron: "oh, this is Scabbers. He's my pet rat. Pathetic, isn't he? Fred, one of my brothers, taught me a trick to turn him yellow. Want to see?"
Everyone agreed and he cleared his throat. Grabbing his wand, he was about to say an incantation when a girl with wild brown hair came to the open door and looked around.



Girl: "has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one."
Everyone shook their head. She then noticed the wand in Ron's hand.

Girl: "oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then."
He once again cleared his throat and waved his wand slightly.

Ron: "sunshine, daisies, butter mellow...turn this stupid, fat rat yellow."
The beginning was slow while the ending was fast but only a light could be seen in the box the rat's head was in and it jerked its head out in surprise with a squeal. He looked around in defeat.

Girl: "are you sure that's a real spell? Well it's not very good, is it?"
The look on Mary's face showed her disgust as the girl entered the room. Mary bent over to me and started to whisper.

Mary: *whispers* "who does she think she is?"

Me: *whispers* "a book worm and teachers' pet, I'm guessing."

Girl: "I've only tried a few simple ones myself but they've all worked for me."
She sat down in front of Harry.

Girl: "for example:"
She took out her wand and pointed it to Harry's glasses.

Girl: "oculus reparo."
In an instant the tape disappeared and his glasses were mended. She then pointed her wand at Mary's glasses and did the same thing.

Girl: "that's better, isn't it?"
Harry removed his glasses to look at them while Mary, really not liking this girl, took her glasses and broke them again and place tape around the broken part.

Mary: "they fit better this way."

Me: "and you're not a good liar."
The girl then gasped.

Girl: "holy cricket, you're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger. And...you three are?"
Ron looked at her, mouth full of cake, and said...

Ron: "I'm Ron Weasly."
She looked at him in disgust.

Hermione: "pleasure. And you two?"
Mary scoffed and turned away. I sighed at her antics and let my kind heart take control.

Me: "her name is Mary Potter, no relation to Harry, and I'm Ryuu. Just Ryuu."
She looked at me quizzically, but didn't ask anything.

Hermione: "nice to meet you all, some more than others."
She glanced at both Ron and Mary before getting up to leave.

Hermione: "you all better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon."
She then to the door but before leaving turned and faced both Mary and Ron.

Hermione: *looks at Ron* "you got dirt on your nose, by the way. Did you know? *points to side of nose* just there. *looks at Mary* and you...never mind"
She said disgustingly before leaving. Mary glared at the entrance while Ron went to rub the dirt off.

Me: "you do have a piece of your cauldron cake stuck to your cheek."
She slowly grabbed the piece then quickly threw it into the pile of trash that had accumulated next to her and Ron. She then got up, grabbed Ron, and, he complaining greatly pushed him out of the room.

Mary: "time for us to get changed."
She then went over to Harry.

Me: "what are you doing?!"

Mary: "getting them out so we can change into our robes, duh."

Me: "but why not have them use the room first?"
She had just finished pushed Harry out before looking at me.

Mary: "ladies first. Now hurry up and get dress. We haven't got all day."
I sighed but reluctantly grabbed my school outfit and changed. People were weird around here. Once we were dressed we walked out of the room and allowed the boys to get dressed in piece. Hearing a noise I turned only to catch something that had jumped at me. It was a toad.

Me: "oh. This must be-"

Voice: "Trevor!"
I turned to the voice, but the toad named Trevor jumped out of my hands and down the hallway of the train. A boy approached us. He was a bit plump and looked like a sort of klutz.



Mary quickly ran over and glomped him.

Mary: "NEVILLE!"
You blinked nervously at this girl that you met a bit ago. She did so many strange things that you've never seen before.

Me: "Mary let go. He's starting to turn blue."
Mary quickly released him and chuckled nervously while scratching her forehead and apologizing.

Neville: "it's alright. What are you doing in America, Mary?"

Mary: "long story."

Neville: "I'll ask later. Where did Trevor go?"
I pointed to the back of the train that I saw it go while Mary pointed the opposite way to the front. Poor Neville looked so confused.

Me: "Mary, are you trying to confuse him. He went this way. I saw him go that way after he jumped out of my grasp. Sorry about that, by the way."
Mary chuckled nervously again as she switched directions and pointed the same way as me.

Neville: "Trevor is a bit slippery. Even I have trouble keeping a hold on him, and I own him."
He then started to run down the hallway to try and catch the slippery creature.

Neville: "I'll have to ask you your name later! Bye!"
We both waved at when the door opened to reveal two boys ready for school. We took our seats and waited as the train slowly arrived at its destination.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Usuke on February 21, 2008, 4:57:25 AM

Usuke on
Usukeinteresting, not bad. you had an odd bit there. You switched from the phrase she to the phrase you. good job!

KarenHimura on February 25, 2008, 3:14:35 AM

KarenHimura on
KarenHimurajon you hoser. the she's are either Mary or Hermione! XD

KarenHimura on February 24, 2008, 1:20:56 PM

KarenHimura on
KarenHimurai did? woops ^-^' srry bout that ppl. didn't know. oh well. i hope it still works

MiaEmber on January 16, 2008, 9:13:00 AM

MiaEmber on
MiaEmberVery interesting. Good job writing it.